Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3545688 - 03/26/12 10:47 PM Help Displaying WideScreen Pits  
CuMelter Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift
CuMelter  Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift

Twin States, USA
Could someone show me the key sequencing to display this pit on my system.
I have the 1-Click updater installed and she's running fine...(1024,1280)

Question #2-
What folder does the simulator save snapshots...I'm assuming the use of 'Print Screen' key captures the screen contents.
My display doesn't show the full view of the MFDs.
Thanx a TON-
Ed in 'Bama

Last edited by CuMelter; 03/26/12 10:56 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3545700 - 03/26/12 11:16 PM Re: Help Displaying WideScreen Pits [Re: CuMelter]  
Fer109 Offline
Fer109  Offline

Spain
For question#1:

You can switch between "normal cockpit view" and "wide cockpit view" just with "SW_VIEW" (Toggle wideview cockpit)

You can find it in controls "filter graphics".

That´s true in TSH 4.02. I suppose in your version game will be the same.

#3545706 - 03/26/12 11:35 PM Re: Help Displaying WideScreen Pits [Re: Fer109]  
CuMelter Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift
CuMelter  Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift

Twin States, USA
I dont know if I have 4.02. Everytime I download it, Windows Zipper and WinRar find it to be corrupted.
So I just have the 1-Click-Updater...which I think is v3 something....?

I dont show a 'Filter Graphics' area in my control menus within Jane's.

Last edited by CuMelter; 03/26/12 11:35 PM.
#3545809 - 03/27/12 03:58 AM Re: Help Displaying WideScreen Pits [Re: CuMelter]  
Timc Offline
Timc  Offline

Fort Pierce, Florida
Here are two tips for you:

1. First, the one-click updater updates to 3.06. It has everything you need and that you have discussed, including all of the keys to accomplish the widescreen view. If you go to the TSH website you will find the answers to how to use the new key assignments. TSH changed the keys and added functionality. Even though everything refers to 4.02, most every new feature is in both 3.06 and 4.02. I have used 4.02, but I went back to 3.06. I actually prefer 4.02 as it layers all of the addons through the mod enabler from JONESOFT, but I am not inclined to load it again, for now.

2. Second, and I just mentioned it, the key assignments for new functions like the wideview cockpit are discussed in the TSH online manual. You merely have to go into the FA-18 options section and add the option to your key of choice somewhere on your keyboard. If you have a HOTAS, especially a CH HOTAS, this all made extra easy. I have the widescreen on my HOTAS and it toggles between widescreen and normal screen. Remember, in the widescreen view, you can more easily use accelerated time than in the normal view. Who knows why that is? It just is.

Last edited by Timc; 03/27/12 03:58 AM.
#3545828 - 03/27/12 05:08 AM Re: Help Displaying WideScreen Pits [Re: CuMelter]  
CuMelter Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift
CuMelter  Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift

Twin States, USA
I'm not able to 'do the dance' anymore. I like things streamlined and for them to work.
I've searched my doc files on the subject, that's why I posted the question.
And we all love our doc files now, don't we. Everyone raise their hand.

Meanwhile, since I couldn't get an honest answer, I went back to Jane's 1.01....
I'm at the TSH site now. No help searching for widescreen there, either.

Posting a mere keystroke would have saved me about an hour's time.
NO WAIT-
about two hours time. I have all the time in the world to sit here and google.
Please. Since I'm using a wide-screen TV, I'd really like to see a widescreen pit on it.
Thank You for your attention.

#3545848 - 03/27/12 07:24 AM Re: Help Displaying WideScreen Pits [Re: CuMelter]  
CuMelter Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift
CuMelter  Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift

Twin States, USA
Still searching the TSH site. Not one mention of any search do they show a topic about widescreen.
Notta. Zippo. Gulch.

Where did you find the info for such?
What doc and what page...??
I downloaded the 1-clicker...none of the docs with it shows me anything about widescreen option.
More or less Hi-Def improvement, but I don't see any mention of widescreen.
Tried to D/L 4.02...thinking the doc files containing answers to this simple question could be found there.
Again...corrupted d/l. That's 3 times now I've tried to bring down 4.2 or whatever.
So would you please tell me and the viewing audience what the keystrokes are for widescreen viewing-

I'm not a nerd anymore. So help an ol' bird.

#3545904 - 03/27/12 12:03 PM Re: Help Displaying WideScreen Pits [Re: CuMelter]  
Timc Offline
Timc  Offline

Fort Pierce, Florida
Roger, Cumelter, I read you:

Go into your F/A-18 game. Click on the "options" ball. Select "controls." Click on "keyboard." Click on the keys group represented by the cube symbol. Scroll down the list and you will come to a key titled SW_VIEW. This is the control that changes to wide angle view. Drag it to an unused key. For a HOTAS you will probably want to select it together with a SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT key. Save your key assignment changes in the game.

I'll not bother with the F-14 and A-10 cockpit views except to say that I found it necessary to have a second HOTAS setup for each cockpit to account, in particular, for the different MFD locations.

All of these changed keys are documented in the TSH manual. You can even print out a list to aid you in programming your setup. Here is where you can find the list of keys that TSH changed from the original F/A-18 keys:

http://www.team-super-hornet.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=31

For a slightly different discussion, go here: http://www.team-super-hornet.net/index.p...p;limitstart=11

Now, the list says "TSH v4 Changed Functions," but it also applies to v3.06.

From your discussions, it sounds like your most distracting issues are with your display. Since I have an integrated gpu that works fine, I cannot help you with those technical issues. My setup allows me to get right into the game. I retained my old 19" SONY monitor and it works just perfectly for the display of this game.

A final issue is the downloading of zip files from the TSH website. You might need to use a different unzip tool. 7-Zip was recommended to me. It is a free download on the internet. It will open all of the TSH files with no problem. WIN-ZIP will not.

For others who are not familiar with the game, the TSH website and forums have all the documentation and direction most would need, and it is interesting, not exhausting, reading. I understand it when folks do not want to read documentation as I often do not either. I sometimes like to read the documentation to verify what I have learned by fiddling with the games controls and settings.

#3546076 - 03/27/12 06:02 PM Re: Help Displaying WideScreen Pits [Re: CuMelter]  
CuMelter Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift
CuMelter  Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift

Twin States, USA
I believe I have it now. Thanx Timc.
Going thru the control panel was a trick at first. I realized that I needed to save a copy of the default keyboard and simply rename it to another title. Then filter the views...scroll down to the very end where the SW_VIEW could be found.

But then, the reader will notice alot of vacant keys. If they're familiar w/old school INI files, they could have simply wrote these instructions into the current INI-

KEY_SHIFT_3=SUN_ANGLE_DWN
KEY_SHIFT_4=SUN_ANGLE_UP
KEY_SHIFT_5=SW_VIEW

Now lets see what FPS performance drops take place in widescreen.
thanks again. Believe it or not, alot of readers here will appreciate your inputs here.
Heads Up...Fly Aggressive...Fly Smart-
Ed

#3546107 - 03/27/12 06:42 PM Re: Help Displaying WideScreen Pits [Re: CuMelter]  
CuMelter Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift
CuMelter  Offline
W-W Super 220 Swift

Twin States, USA
Yeah- I'm starting to uncover the little tweaks I used to know way back then...
Altering the sun's position was a favorite when I wanted to take screen shots.
And discovering that screen shots wasn't 'Print Screen' but 'Alt-S'...
Yeah...
Turned off Volumetric Clouds, Roads, Rain/Snow, & High Detailed Terrain..
Kept Cloud Transitions Layer, Lightening, Sparkling Water.
Bumped the sliders for give the plane's reaction to the stick just a little more whip.
Makes for more nervous landing approaches to the deck.
Yeah...Yeah...
Thanks Again.

And I'm sure this ol'man will be back with another dumb question. Such As-
Who thought it was a cool idea to show camera lens flares in simulator/games? It's really a dead idea.
It disturbs the view, it takes away from the FPS count..not to mention the time involved to code.

The above photo is taken using an Intel D915GAG MB..using its native onboard video & audio.
Pentium 4 Prescott 3.2 GHz H/T
2GB Kingston Ram..That's all. These components were overstock sale.
Graphic Settings are as follows-
Triple Buffering
Force FXT1 Texture Compression
Force S3TC Texture Compression
Driver Memory Footprint=High
Anisotropic Filtering
Desktop Color Depth
Flipping Policy=Flip
24-Bit Depth Buffer
WinXp sp2

Thank You TSH for your commitment to keeping Jane's alive & well.
The Widescreen/Hi-Def compliments to this sim really is the polish that JF/A-18 needed. Gone now is the cockpit echoing of 800:600 days of yore.
The Sound package that you reconstructed was also the final polish that Jane's needed. That aggravating whine as one views outside the cockpit
is gone and has a far more pleasing sound. Engine sounds can be soothing or they can be down right noise pollution.
I raise my glass to your efforts.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.