Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3541995 - 03/20/12 03:05 PM Silverstone licensed to Assetto Corsa  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Following the announcement of the legendary circuits of Imola and Monza for Assetto Corsa, Kunos
Simulazioni is pleased to announce that another important licensing agreement has been reached: Assetto
Corsa welcomes one of the most iconic tracks in motorsport history: Silverstone Circuit. Some of the most
notable pages of motorsport have been written on this circuit, its characteristic and challenging layout will
amplify the driving experience of Assetto Corsa, and the glamour and history of this circuit will give players
and racing enthusiasts huge immersion in the experience of Silverstone.

As with the other circuits included in Assetto Corsa, Silverstone will be reproduced using Laserscan
technology. This will reproduce each curb, each bump, and detail the real world circuit in as close a way as
possible. This will give players a realistic feel to the circuit, and allow them to discover every inch of the
facility in outstanding detail.

The development team is also pleased to announce that there will be an historic reproduction of the 1960's
era version of the track included
, allowing for wistful nostalgia of the original airfield circuit. This reproduction
will be made in partnership with Silverstone and will be based on the original layout using detail gathered
from hundreds of pictures and video collected from that amazing era. winner

It is a real honour for Kunos Simulazioni to reproduce the circuit of Silverstone in Assetto Corsa. This new
licensing agreement is a result of co- operation with Silverstone Ltd and also due to all the people who
support software companies by purchasing original products. Their support and enthusiasm for the Assetto
Corsa project has motivated the development team to make every effort in bringing the true splendour of this
beautiful circuit to its racin g simulation game.

Silverstone Circuit will be included as official licensed content in Assetto Corsa, expected to be released
within 2012. For more details on the circuit, please visit the Silverstone website:
http://www.silverstone.co.uk/

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3542039 - 03/20/12 04:25 PM Re: Silverstone licensed to Assetto Corsa [Re: McGonigle]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I like Silverstone, but I don't like the changes to the F1 layout in 2011. The pits on the other end of the track?

Pretty much everything between Club Corner and Brooklands Corner irritates me. I like the old layout. It's like the crap they pulled on Hockenheim in 2002. frown

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.