Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3533915 - 03/07/12 04:43 AM Re: The state of things? [Re: redpiano]  
Bard Offline
Bard  Offline

Victoria BC Canada
by the time this sim is playable, the $1000 in video cards i purchased just to ensure i had the graphical horsepower to run it will be worth $200.

as far as i am concerned i was defrauded the cost of the sim, as we can see now it was nowhere near ready, and still isn't.

everyone involved in releasing this product should feel ashamed of themselves, and all the fanboys should feel ashamed for their part in misleading consumers...

But i doubt it

What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:

"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson

"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman

NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3533924 - 03/07/12 05:03 AM Re: The state of things? [Re: redpiano]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

I don't know. There was a pretty good lag time between the Russian release and the rest of the world, and there were PLENTY of negative previews floating around. I picked up CloD before release in NA, where I live, despite the negative previews we were getting from the Russians to see for myself. It was, and is, pretty much what they described.

I'm still completely dumbfounded by the fact that people managed to purchase this game, except for those in Russia, without any idea of what condition it was in.

Yes, CloD is bad. But to say those who purchased it (in everywhere but Russia) didn't know what they were buying is like a grown adult of full mental capacity removing all clothing in the middle of a grocery store and then stating they didn't know they couldn't do that after being arrested.

#3533934 - 03/07/12 05:20 AM Re: The state of things? [Re: redpiano]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
...and all the pets of fanboys should be ashamed too

#3533939 - 03/07/12 05:24 AM Re: The state of things? [Re: redpiano]  
knightgames Offline
Hotshot
knightgames  Offline
Hotshot

MA
I think part of the issue stems from the long standing relation 1C and Oleg had with their clients - customers. We all placed our bets on the team making desired and needed corrections to the game. Despite what had transpired during the release the hopes were (and still are) with the company making good on their efforts with future patches.

I'm barely, but finally, running the game on a paltry Core 2 duo with 3GB memory and an ATI 4850. For sight seeing I can up the sliders a bit and still be pretty astounded at how good 1024 x 728 resolution lookes. If I lower the sliders and expectations I can compete in the quick and single missions with some slow down. Acceptable, and still good enough. My PC liability makes it so I don't complain much about the game. Wouldn't be fair - though I've made a few observations regarding whiners and fanboys alike - mostly whiners wink.

That being the case I'm still backing the horse. I WILL be wary of the future add on and will make my purchase depending on the integrity 1C manages to pull from this situation. Their business AND their reputation is on the line. So far there's enough to see the promise of a great simulator in that shiney new disc. Would be a shame if it can't be brought to fruition.

#3534064 - 03/07/12 01:53 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: bisher]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Here in Canada we call ourselves "Robo-fanboys"! I feel no remorse but my two dogs are ashamed of me......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3534088 - 03/07/12 02:25 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: redpiano]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
My PC has enough horsepower to run it fairly decent and though I haven't played much I have played and generally it was pleasing but there are a few bugs and not very many playing online and let's face it even with 30 people in a server it's hard to locate them on such a huge map, but I believe it will get better. Getting on a Forum and complaining about how much you upgraded your machine won't do any good, I bought a $130 vid card and 2 more Gigs of RAM and I can play it sorry some of you with the Mac Daddy PC's can't. Sure I have expectations and I'm really keen on playing it again with better, smoother, graphics and fixes but declaring how I was cheated by the publisher is really reaching. I have bought crap titles before, and I mean CRAP. But this isn't one of them, it's new and it's having some issues and I believe that 1C really wants to blow our socks off and with time I'm sure they will, but this seems to be the favorite pastime of the disaffected.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#3534179 - 03/07/12 04:48 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: NattyIced]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Originally Posted By: NattyIced
There was a pretty good lag time between the Russian release and the rest of the world, and there were PLENTY of negative previews floating around.

Really? CloD was released in Europe a week after the release in Russia.

When I received my copy the game was an unplayable mess. And the only hint that not everything was as it should be was the "epilepsy" announcement just prior to release. At no time before release did Luthier even hint at the massive problems troubling the sim, in fact we were blatantly lied to when they tried to dismiss the performance problems seen at the Russian game show as related to the PCs there not having enough RAM.

I appreciate that they are still working on improving CloD, but I'll never forget how they treated their loyal fans with the CloD release. Luthier had already wasted a large part of my goodwill with Pacific Fighters and since the CloD release I take everything coming from them with a bucket load of salt.

Last edited by Para_Bellum; 03/07/12 05:03 PM.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3534230 - 03/07/12 05:44 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Slingn Offline
Slingn  Offline

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
not very many playing online and let's face it even with 30 people in a server it's hard to locate them on such a huge map, .

TS does a lot to help that issue. even with 15 or so, there is plenty action as long as people are talking and telling you where it is. with 30+ people, it's a blast. Last night i think there were like 60 on at one time. Too bad my kids and wife kept distracting me. I hardly got in two sorties.

Last edited by Slingn; 03/07/12 05:47 PM.
#3534248 - 03/07/12 06:09 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Slingn]  
Feetwet Offline
Son of Birmingham
Feetwet  Offline
Son of Birmingham

Houston, Tx
Well as far as I go, I have virtually given up on this product. I have been waiting for the graphics update forever now. BoM is not on my wishlist. I pretty much just come by ever once in a while to see if Freycinet has posted any new videos.

S

MWO callsign Feetwet
#3534299 - 03/07/12 06:59 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Para_Bellum]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum

Yes, really. I picked up my copy from Flight when CloD was released in Europe. I knew what state it was in, but wanted to try it out for myself. I saw plenty of disgruntled translations from Russian owners posted on this site the week it was released in Russia.

Last edited by NattyIced; 03/07/12 07:00 PM.
#3534323 - 03/07/12 07:33 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Feetwet]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Kelen
Well as far as I go, I have virtually given up on this product. I have been waiting for the graphics update forever now. BoM is not on my wishlist. I pretty much just come by ever once in a while to see if Freycinet has posted any new videos.
S

Should be one coming out in a few days.. smile

If it is just for that it would be easier for you to subscribe to me on youtube. And, hey, I just passed 150,000 views yesterday - wowsers!

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3534324 - 03/07/12 07:38 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Para_Bellum]  
cheesehawk Offline
cheesehawk  Offline

CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
Originally Posted By: NattyIced
There was a pretty good lag time between the Russian release and the rest of the world, and there were PLENTY of negative previews floating around.

When I received my copy the game was an unplayable mess. And the only hint that not everything was as it should be was the "epilepsy" announcement just prior to release. At no time before release did Luthier even hint at the massive problems troubling the sim, in fact we were blatantly lied to when they tried to dismiss the performance problems seen at the Russian game show as related to the PCs there not having enough RAM.

I appreciate that they are still working on improving CloD, but I'll never forget how they treated their loyal fans with the CloD release. Luthier had already wasted a large part of my goodwill with Pacific Fighters and since the CloD release I take everything coming from them with a bucket load of salt.

Yes, even with that week difference, there was plenty being said about the horrible state of the game to warn people. Some people were even pretty correct in their predictions as early as the first news from the RU shows. If they haven't all been removed by the mods now, the banana forums is a pretty good place to see Tree's very prophetic statements.

#3534406 - 03/07/12 09:31 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: redpiano]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Tree! Tree! - The Prophet! - Follow the Prophet!

#3534415 - 03/07/12 09:42 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Freycinet]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Freycinet

Yeah...it's a shame he was right about a lot of his predictions. I would have rather had him be wrong and have a playable sim instead of the complete rubbish of an early alpha we have to this day. <sigh>

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#3534420 - 03/07/12 09:47 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Force10]  
Slingn Offline
Slingn  Offline

Originally Posted By: Force10

Yeah...it's a shame he was right about a lot of his predictions. I would have rather had him be wrong and have a playable sim instead of the complete rubbish of an early alpha we have to this day. <sigh>

well, obviously there are some issues but I can honestly say that i have never had this much fun on "complete rubbish of an early alpha". Thanks ATAG

#3534428 - 03/07/12 09:57 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: ATAG_Snapper]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: ATAG_Snapper
Here in Canada we call ourselves "Robo-fanboys"! I feel no remorse but my two dogs are ashamed of me......

This is gold lol biggrin

#3534447 - 03/07/12 10:19 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Force10]  
cheesehawk Offline
cheesehawk  Offline

CA, USA

I agree, I slung a lot of mud and vitrol at him in the early days, and he was far more right than I was.

#3534451 - 03/07/12 10:28 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Slingn]  
Bokononist Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Bokononist  Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver

Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)
Originally Posted By: Slingn

well, obviously there are some issues but I can honestly say that i have never had this much fun on "complete rubbish of an early alpha". Thanks ATAG

+1

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

#3534458 - 03/07/12 10:36 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Force10]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

complete rubbish of an early alpha we have to this day

This sort of ridiculous hyperbole really undermines any credit you would otherwise have.

#3534460 - 03/07/12 10:41 PM Re: The state of things? [Re: Freycinet]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
complete rubbish of an early alpha we have to this day

This sort of ridiculous hyperbole really undermines any credit you would otherwise have.

Lol...nobody that voices concerns about the playability of the sim has any credibility with you Frey. That's ok though, with the venom you give out like candy I wasn't looking for any from you.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.