This has happened to me twice so far in my blue side Lebanon campaign on 1.14.1. In about three in-game hours.
Basically, you've got a helo spamming the airwaves with this message. When this happened the first time, use of the omnipotent camera revealed the helo "hover-bouncing" up and down a few feet. I couldn't jump into the unit and help it out (because the game engine locked it?).
So far there would be three options:
1. Mute the wingman channel. Silence. Obviously, no wingman chatter either.
2. Go to the position of the unit in question and "accidentially" blue-on-blue it. *Cough*
3. Note the unit position of the helo in question, save and reload as OPFOR, hijack a copter and silence him.
As to the causes, I have no idea. Could be an unlucky unit on a recon mission that snuck too close to a SAM, looked for cover between obstacles and got stuck there. Could be map related, unit related, version specific...I don't know.
As for solutions, I don't see many options on the end-user level, so the question is what would be easier to implement into the source code?
1) Shoving all AI unit chatter into a seperate channel.
2) Fixing the pathfinding bug.
3) Implementing a "spam check" for units, e.g. having a 5 to 10 second cooldown time between calls.
Has this ever happened to you? Thoughts?