Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3510120 - 02/03/12 12:14 PM Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums  
FS_Phat Offline
FS_Phat  Offline

Good morning gentlemen!

Another quick update today. As promised, were going to show a few more screenshots of the I-16 damage model. Were also doing another community Q&A.

Were working on the patch and the sequel same as before. A more detailed description of the process can be found in our last weeks update.

Tune in next week for a German bomber, ground units, and video footage of an unexpected new feature.

1. Will the new graphics engine have improved SLI/Crossfire performance? SLI currently gives minimal frames per second increase for many players and can introduce stutters.
Quote:Id rather not say anything at all until we have final code with verifiable benchmarks.

2. To dev team regarding the SpeedTree technology. We all know the problems with them: shimmering, LOD changes and what not. I scoured thru SpeedTree forums and saw similar issues with trees and also solutions. Add that there are new versions of it etc. So my question is that has dev team worked with SpeedTree Inc and using newer version and tools? Can anything be done with trees?
Quote: The code we use for trees has very little in common with stock SpeedTree technology. I doubt you would find any other game that uses SpeedTree in quite the same way we do. So while it may seem that were experiencing common problems, we usually cannot use common solutions.
If you thought that we could just install a patch from the internet or insert a few lines of code from a forum and voila, better trees, I wish it was this easy.
I also have to add that our project currently has a lot more pressing problems than shimmering trees, many of which have to be solved by the same people who can improve on trees. Well get there when we get there.

3. Do you have any plans to enable 6DOF vision in the bombardier's seat? Bombing without the horizontal stabilizer in the Blenheim is hard enough and 6DOF here would help a lot.
Quote:The bombardiers seat on the Blenheim does have limited 6DOF in the normal (non-zoomed) mode. The idea is, while youre looking for the target, you can look around and so on. Once you lean in, thats it, youre looking through the sights and theres no use fidgeting.
We talked this over amongst ourselves. Perhaps were missing something how would 6DOF help while youre looking through the sight?

4. Do you plan to expand (or explain) server settings for client control? Currently a dedicated server only has the ability set netspeed and turn VAC on/off through the [Net] code but there is no options to control the clients connected. This is resulting in exploitation.
For reference, some of the relevant IL-2 settings are checkServerTimeSpeed, checkClientTimeSpeed, socksHost, checkTimeSpeedDifferense, checkTimeSpeedInterval, farMaxLagTime, nearMaxLagTime, cheaterWarningDelay, cheaterWarningNum.
Quote: Not in the upcoming patch for sure.

5. Have you considered a formal bug tracking system that the community can get involved in? It is difficult to tell what bugs the devs are/are not aware of at the moment since the bug threads do not get feedback.
Quote:Sorry, we have no technical capabilities to set up a public database, or resources to maintain and update it.
A community-run database however would not be a terrible thing at all!

6. Oleg didn't promise, he just alluded to the hypothetical suspect of the probable but unconfirmed existence of occasional glints from distant planes' canopies, and only in the version of the game compiled at the time of his propositions. Now, can we have those reflections again?
Quote:I might probably allude to the hypothetical possibility that this feature might or might not eventually make it into the game.

7. Will the Russian aircraft be modelled historically in terms of equipment? For example most Russian fighter aircraft (especially early war) had only a crudely painted gun sight. Radios were usually removed to save weight as the quality was poor and often they were useless. Except of course with the GIAP regiments who had access to the best aircraft and equipment.
Quote:Well have to disappoint you somewhat in that historically early-war Guards regiments flew the same aircraft as everybody else, the only difference being the monthly paycheck.
But yes of course, we do plan to model all aircraft and their systems with full attention to historical realism.

8. Are you planning to return to the reflections on aircraft surfaces as shown in this video?
http://youtu.be/Ye_VY1aV3Zg
Quote:These exact same reflections you see are there today, just toned down.

9. Are you planning to fully support force-feedback joysticks such as MS FF2, which are currently not supported the game?
Quote:We are using standard DirectX drivers to interface with controllers. Chances are, if youre using an ancient joystick model discontinued in 2003, its 10-year-old drivers made for a different OS and a different DX version will glitch.
This is no different than if you were having graphic glitches trying to run CoD on a 10-year-old card.
We have absolutely no plans to hack dedicated support for individual peripherals. Weve never done that in the past. Well just go insane if we do that.

10. Will there be a closed beta for the next project?
Quote:Of course.

11. Are you planningto make different octane fuels an option for the plane load out?
Quote:Not for Cliffs of Dover.

12. Are you planning a working airmass model that affects aircraft, including propwash etc?
Quote:Yes, its one of the major features thats been continuously put on the backburner for years. Gotta have it.

See you later!

Oh, completely forgot a tiny detail.
Benchmarks on the BETA version of the new graphics.
Testing FPS on the first British campaign mission. Max details.
Old graphics 74 FPS average. New graphics 134 FPS average.
i7-870, 4Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 570

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29489

Blacksix Responses to questions below: (thanks mate! wink

Originally Posted By: Ailantd;387400

8. Are you planning to return to the reflections on aircraft surfaces as shown in this video?
http://youtu.be/Ye_VY1aV3Zg
Quote:
These exact same reflections you see are there today, just toned down.

So, will you consider tune it up again?

Maybe we will set up

Originally Posted By: FS~Phat;387403
B6 You dont happen to have any info you can share with us on if the CTD/memory leak issue has at least been identified and worked on possibly for the next patch? smile

Originally Posted By: O_Smiladon;387407

look forward to the update.. One thing will we see the new graphics patch on COD or will it be down in one complete whack..So you buy BOM and with that you get the new G/E for COD?

Graphical patch created for CoD

Originally Posted By: Pluto;387411

but what about the online problems with constant game crashes when in multiplayer, suddenly disappearing planes, poor visibility of planes and stuff, will that also be resolved with the next patch ?

And ..., WHEN will this next patch come, this spring, in summer, autumn next year ? When ?

Originally Posted By: Feathered_IV;387417
Benchmarks for the beta sound encouraging. Wasn't there plans to release the beta for public testing?

I can not tell yet accurate information on this

Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi;387416
So can we take from the new data on fps that you guys are now in a closed beta stage of the new patch?

Testing of the graphical

Originally Posted By: Tvrdi;387420
Any info on the fixing memory leak and the fix for slowdowns (drop of FPS) when effects are near (dust, fire etc.)?

Now we can not give information

Originally Posted By: jimbop;387429
BlackSix, I'll post something more detailed tomorrow but regarding bomber 6DOF the problem is that you can currently swivel your head but not move it in actual 6DOF as in x- and y-axes. The target gets hidden behind cockpit features (e.g. panels framing the canopy glass) on the final approach and you can't look around them to see it. Nothing to do with the sight view.

Ок

Originally Posted By: tumu;387432
thx for info.

Only one question , i can understand work its very hard and needs too much time ( last update ) , this its the question.

its programated turn some actually non-flyables planes to flyable?? like Defiant, gladiator, beaufighter...

No. Maybe there will be modifications of flyables aircraft

Originally Posted By: Ploughman;387435
Whilst there wont' be any more content for CloD you will still be looking to improve FMs won't you?

Yes, maybe

Originally Posted By: 6BL Bird-Dog;387438
Thanks for the update Black Six,the new FPS figures look impressive,are there any figures for ATI/AMD gpus please?

Also is there any further feedback from the questions and request list you took 12-28-2011, 09:10 AM ?

No. Feedback will not be

Originally Posted By: Kodoss;387440
B6, can you ask Ilja to run the blackdeath track with the new graphic engine and post min., average and max. frame rates by highest setting and resolution?

Yes

Originally Posted By: addman;387488
I guess this means it might be out in beta form soon, am I right?

Wait for the news, can not say

Originally Posted By: III/JG53_Don;387490
Don't want to kill your excitement, but B6 wrote sth. about "ground units". As far as I understand it, he propably meant sth. like Sovjet/German tanks, cars, Artillery etc.

Yes

Last edited by FS_Phat; 02/05/12 04:42 AM.

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
i7 3930K @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver WB - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4way SLI GTX 580 AC Aquagrafx WB - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM fans & shrouds - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD Nv Surround
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3510189 - 02/03/12 01:35 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Sounds promising even as vague as it is, so I guess two weeks then... rolleyes

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#3510192 - 02/03/12 01:39 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
kilosierra Offline
kilosierra  Offline

The very north of Germany
Interesting, as I have the same GFX card and a faster cpu.

i7 6700k @ 4,5 GHz
GTX1070
Asus Z170 Pro Gamer
16 GB RAM
500 GB Crucial CT500MX200 SSD
Toshiba DT01ACA300 HDD
Samsung SyncMaster BX2450 LED
W10 64
#3510213 - 02/03/12 02:07 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
robmypro Offline
robmypro  Offline

Lots of questions. Very few answers.

#3510231 - 02/03/12 02:40 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for posting Phat smile

#3510291 - 02/03/12 03:58 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

Quote:
Oh, completely forgot a tiny detail.
Benchmarks on the BETA version of the new graphics.
Testing FPS on the first British campaign mission. Max details.
Old graphics 74 FPS average. New graphics 134 FPS average.
i7-870, 4Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 570

This IS interesting, important and everything else the info update should be. This update could have had just that paragraph.

#3510301 - 02/03/12 04:13 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
Pudfark Offline
Pudfark  Offline

Republic of Texas
That's update is so informative?
It's almost a "stock tip".... butt

What do we know different Today?
Than, two weeks ago?
RTFM

If CloD were an Ere_tile Dysfunction med?
Nobody would "get off" the ground.
Further, 14 months after "taking it"?
The duct tape and splint patch ain't very fun.
So, what ya got now?
A bunch of folks sporting a male member, that looks like a "skinned squirrel".
#3510303 - 02/03/12 04:13 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based

Thanks for the repost.

Originally Posted By: FS_Phat

I might probably allude to the hypothetical possibility that this feature might or might not eventually make it into the game.

I love the fact that after all this time they have kept their sense of humour!

[Linked Image]
#3510319 - 02/03/12 04:29 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: HeinKill]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: HeinKill

Thanks for the repost.

Originally Posted By: FS_Phat

I might probably allude to the hypothetical possibility that this feature might or might not eventually make it into the game.

I love the fact that after all this time they have kept their sense of humour!

Yup that's great!

#3510386 - 02/03/12 05:30 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for reposting this, Phat.

In fairness to Black Six, he can only pass on what info he gets from Ilya. Wisely he does not speculate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3510393 - 02/03/12 05:36 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: Pudfark]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Pudfark
That's update is so informative?
It's almost a "stock tip".... butt

What do we know different Today?
Than, two weeks ago?
RTFM

We know a few things:

1. the Beta tests of the new graphics are showing an almost 100% increase in fps.

2. Tune in next week for a German bomber, ground units, and video footage of an "unexpected new feature".

3. The developers are no longer willing to give guestimates, as the community isn't intelligent enough to understand they are guestimates. smile

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3510473 - 02/03/12 06:41 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

1. The FPS increase is very welcome but has the graphics rewrite fixed the stutters, added FSAA and much more importantly has it fixed the CTD.

2. Maybe its the long awaited feature that Luthier spoke about 6 months ago? i have no clue what it could be....any guesses?

3. The community has been disappointed by too many "talkled about coming soon features that never arrived" wink

Its good we got a update, but again not one word about any other fixes. lets hope were in for some pleasant surprises come patch day.

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 02/03/12 06:43 PM.
#3510501 - 02/03/12 07:29 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
1. The FPS increase is very welcome but has the graphics rewrite fixed the stutters, added FSAA and much more importantly has it fixed the CTD.

2. Maybe its the long awaited feature that Luthier spoke about 6 months ago? i have no clue what it could be....any guesses?

3. The community has been disappointed by too many "talkled about coming soon features that never arrived" wink

Its good we got a update, but again not one word about any other fixes. lets hope were in for some pleasant surprises come patch day.

1. They didn't comment if the graphics rewrite fixed the CTD's or stutters.

2. No idea, other than maybe something to do with pilot/ground crew animation, but that has been mentioned before so I'm not sure it can be classed as "unexpected".

3. I think thats more a problem of the community not understanding the difference between being involved in the development process, and not being involved. When your not involved you don't know what the developer has been working on and only hear of the features when the sim is almost finished and the developer knows exactly what has made the first cut.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3510533 - 02/03/12 08:00 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

1. yep its a pity though because the memory leak CTD is the most important fix in CLOD right now...you would of thought it might get a mention.

#3510710 - 02/03/12 11:35 PM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
Tonester Offline
Tonester  Offline

Perth West Aust
Whomever prepares the propaganda would make a great politician...their vagueness and ability to leave the questioner even more bewildered after the answer is
first class...kudos... thumbsup

Intel i7 9700KF  Processor 3.60 GHz - ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX Motherboard - Win 10 Pro 64 bit - 32Gb G.Skill Sniper X 3600MHz DDR4 Ram - RTX2080 Super Dual OC 8Gb -  Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 1TB SSD - Samsung 860 QVO 7mm 2.5" 2TB SSD - TM Cougar - 2 x Saitek Quadrants - Saitek Yoke - Saitek Pedals - CH Quadrant - TrackIR 5.0 - Phillips 32” Monitor - HyperX 7.1 Headset - HP Reverb Pro
#3510733 - 02/04/12 12:08 AM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: robmypro]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Originally Posted By: robmypro
Lots of questions. Very few answers.

Well, it is how it should be. That is life. If you noticed, the answers also raise even more questions!!

Someone should ask them about that patch for FB that was going to give us thermals and flyable gliders... wink

#3510897 - 02/04/12 06:12 AM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
FIScott Offline
FIScott  Offline

Its an update which in itself is a step forward. They could have written a book if they'd tried to address half the questions currently circulating regarding this game. Fps increase sounds good but I'll believe it when I see it. Bit concerned about B6's later comment about FM fixes being a maybe.

As to that FB patch with the thermals and gliders- that should be with you in about two weeks !

#3510939 - 02/04/12 07:40 AM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
1. yep its a pity though because the memory leak CTD is the most important fix in CLOD right now...you would of thought it might get a mention.

I agree it could have been mentioned, but its still in testing, and if I were them I'd be very wary of posting anything until I was sure it was fixed. Hopefully the substantial increase in frame rates could be a partial fix for the CTD's. Again my system already runs the sim with decent frame rates and NEVER EVER CTD's. So I doubt the problem is purely a memory leak otherwise my system would CTD as well.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3510940 - 02/04/12 07:43 AM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: Tonester]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: TheTonester
Whomever prepares the propaganda would make a great politician...their vagueness and ability to leave the questioner even more bewildered after the answer is
first class...kudos... thumbsup

I agree the customer has been burned and the developer has been burned by the feedback, so its a necessary evil.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3510941 - 02/04/12 07:47 AM Re: Friday Update, February 3, 2012 by Blacksix @ 1C Forums [Re: FS_Phat]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
If that huge increase of frame rates comes to pass, that should make room for a few more frame eating optional features to be implement for those with the system power to run them. That could be good news for features like Dynamic Weather at some point.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.