Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3334466 - 07/04/11 12:56 PM Nvidia GTX 570 Profiles for Nvidia Inspector  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Reutlingen, Baden-Württemberg,...
Hello again,

In this thread I included some Profiles for the Nvidia Inspector tool. Those Profiles are for the use with a GT400/500 card and have been made with a GTX 570. Most of those profiles include SGSSAA (Sparse Grid SuperSampling Anti-Aliasing) and some also additional SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion). The SGSSAA Profiles only work with the GT 400/500 or the fermi series. All SGSSAA profiles are done with special AA compatibility bits from the german 3dCenter forum, as those Bits allow blur-free SGSSAA, without using a negative LOD Bias. My base profile is included, as the profiles use parts of it.

Profiles included:
ArmA (basic settings, AA must be set ingame)
ArmA 2 (basic settings, AA must be set ingame)
ArmA 2 OA (basic settings, AA must be set ingame)
Baldur´s Gate (AA disabled)
BIA: Hell´s Highway (8XS AA+4X SS Transparency AA, 16X AF)
COD4: Modern Warfare (8x CSAA+4X SGSSAA, AF set by game options)
Crysis (basic settings, AA must be set ingame)
Crysis Warhead (basic settings, AA must be set ingame)
Falcon 4 AF (8xQ AA, 16AF, Pre DX9 compatibility bit enabled)
FC2/DCS (8XS AA, 4 Supersampling transparency AA, 16X AF)
Gothic 3 (4X MSAA, 4X SGSSAA, AF set by game options)
Fakefactory: HL2 Cinematic mod(4X SGSSAA, enhance the gamesettings, AF set by game options)
Left 4 Dead (4X Supersampling transparency AA, ehance the gamesettings, AF set by game options) (still testing it)
Mass Effect (8X CSAA, 4X SGSSAA, AF set by game options)
Mass Effect 2 (8X CSAA, 4X SGSSAA, AF set by game options)
MS FS 2004 (FS9) (8XS AA, 4x SS Transparency AA, 16X AF)
MS FSX (8XS AA, 4X SS Transparency AA, 16X AF)
Risen (8XS AA, 4X SS Transparenc AA, AF set by game options) (still testing it)
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (8X CSAA, 4X SGSSAA, AF set by game options)
Two Worlds (8X CSAA, 4X SGSSAA, 16X AF)
Two worlds 2 (DX9) (8X CSAA, 4X SGSSAA, AF set by game options)
Two Worlds 2 DX10 (16X AF)
X2 the threat: (16XS AA, 4X SS Transparency AA, 16X AF) (tends to mess around with the loading screens)

Basically you need to download the Nividia inspector here: Nividia Inspector Authors site (german)
Or use one of the links on this site: Nvidia Inspector Major Geeks (english)

After downloading unzip it into a folder where you like it to stay, since you should not move it after unzipping. No need to install nothing.

Afterwards open the Nvidia inspector, click on the small button with the wrench and screwdriver on it, which opens the Profiles page. There click on the import button, the one left of the traffic lights and choose this profile collection file and you´re done.

Attetion! You´ll have to reload the profiles after each installation of new drivers, as the installation seems to screw up the AA-Compatibility bits. And don´t use the driver menu for changes afterwards, it resets the profiles also, all changes can be done in the Nvidia inspector, and then some.

Edit: this link is outdated! Check below for the new profiles!
Downloadlink for the profiles: Nvidia Inspector Profiles Rapidshare

Have fun and please report me any bugs

Polarwolf

Last edited by Polarwolf; 11/27/11 02:15 AM.

What Comes before a Good simulator landing? The Bad ones!^^
If you keep your humor, you will make it through the darkest of valleys.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3437936 - 11/20/11 07:22 PM Re: Nvidia GTX 570 Profiles for Nvidia Inspector [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Bump!

Well normally I don´t revive age old threads, but I thought nobody was interested in those profiles, but while checking the file manager I found out that it had quite some downloads.

So without further ado, let´s get to the 1.1 upgrade:

I´ve integrated some new games, they are as follows:

Alpha Protocol (8XSAA, 4x TSAA, 16x AF)
Borderlands (8xCSAA, 4x SGSSAA, Vsync Force on, Tripple buffer on)
COD6: MW2 (4x SGSSAA, enhance the application setting, HQ AO)
Cliffs of Dover (8X CSAA, TSAA enabled, 16x AF, HQ AO)
TDE/DSA: Drakensang (8xCSAA, TSAA enabled, 16x AF)
Falcon 4 BMS4 (TSAA enabled, basic settings)
HL2 (4x SGSSAA, enhance the application setting, HQ AO)
HL2 EP1 (4x SGSSAA, enhance the application setting, HQ AO)
HL2 EP2 (4x SGSSAA, enhance the application setting, HQ AO)
HL2 LC (4x SGSSAA, enhance the application setting, HQ AO)
IL-2 1946 (16xS SSAA, 4x TSSAA, 16x AF, HQ AO)
Jane´s F/A-18 (8xQ AA, TSAA enabled, Vsync on, Threaded optimization off)
Left 4 Dead 2 (4x TSSAA, enhance the application setting)
Metro 2033 (performance setting)
Mirrors Edge (8x CSAA, 4x SGSSAA, adaptive power management)
Rainbow Six Raven shield (32x CSAA, TSAA enabled, 16x AF, HQ AO, adaptive power management)
Star Wars the Force unleashed (8xCSAA, 4x SGSSAA, 16x AF, Q AO, Vsync Force on)

The download link

Nvidia Inspector Profiles 1.1 Rapidshare

The next on the list will be tests for the force unleashed with HQ AO, Mirrors Edge with SGSSAA and HQ AO plus PhysX and the left for deads with HQ AO. the Jane´s F/A-18 profile is still WIP. And Borderlands with HQ AO.
Mirror´s Edge works with SGSSAA and PhysX on my Phenom II X4 955 BE @3,8ghz and a GTX 570, and 8 GB RAM).
In Gothic 3 the profile works with the PcGH ultra.ini, but remember to set the chache setting to optimal.
Activating TSAA (Multisampling Transparency Anti-Aliasing) hasn´t crashed BMS 4 so far.
The Global Main Profile is not included in this package.

All SGSSAA profiles use custom AA-bits provided by the 3D center Forum. Thanks to their great work we can use SGSSAA without blur and without a negative LOD bias.

As always Feeback is appreciated.

Last edited by Polarwolf; 11/20/11 07:24 PM. Reason: additional vital information

#3499741 - 01/20/12 10:55 PM Re: Nvidia GTX 570 Profiles for Nvidia Inspector [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Sitrep update.

Mirror's Edge and both Left for deads don't need Ambient occlusion activated, so those profiles are up-to-date, Borderlands neither.

I'm still working on the Jane's F/A-18 Profile and I have started working on one for Duke Nukem Forever, I got it for christmas from a friend and frankly I'm fed up with the bad AA in that game. MSAA doesn't seem to work right and FXAA just plain hurts my eyes, physically, it makes my eyes hurt. Well could be in conjuction with the 90 degrees fov, but it doesn't look better with 80 afaik.
Frankly I can't understand the whole hullaballoo about FXAA, it may cost next to nothing in performance, but the picture doesn't look better than without AA, also it's less clear.

The FC2/DCS profile is getting a rework, I'm thinking about replacing the 8XS mode with 8xMSAA but leaving the 4x SSAA on, if I don't lose image quality.

The Next projects could be Stalker Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, Star Wars: Empire at War and FOC if I find bits for it and the time. wink I'm also on the lookout for custom AA bits for Arma 2, something that looks good but has better performance. As I'm tinkering with Oblivion again I might do a SSAA or SGSSAA Profile for it, if possible. If I also get the german version of Gothic 2 to work under Win7 64 bits I will make a profile for it. The Forum 3Dcenter list is not always up-to-date and I have to sift through the thread to get to the gems.

Edit: it seems like WOT has it's own set of SGSSAA bits, I just might do an SGSSAA profile just for fun, well it's overkill, but would be fun. hahaha

I also got one profile finished for Far Cry, I've started playing it again a while ago, sorry so far I couldn't get AA working well with Far Cry and the the AGM-mod. The COD6:MW2 profile also uses the right AO bits now.

Expect the release of a new version this month, very soon if possible.

Last edited by Polarwolf; 01/20/12 11:00 PM. Reason: structure of the text and additional infos

#3537266 - 03/12/12 09:03 PM Re: Nvidia GTX 570 Profiles for Nvidia Inspector [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Update: Release of version 1.3

Well WOT is very resistent to enhancements, so the Profile just has basic stuff in it.

The Gothic 3 profile has been Modified, the Triple-Buffering is off, as the game was running smoother with it off.
Far Cry is without AA so far, it can be kind of strange with it activated or not. The Duke is a whiny #%&*$#, I was getting a lot of crashes while trying to use other kinds of AA, So I had to keep using the substandard FSAA of the engine. The Anti-Aliasing of the IL-2 1946 profile has been downgraded to 8xS for better performance, the SSAO has been experimentally activated. And the X-Plane Profile has been set for the full version of X-Plane.

So the new/modified Profiles are:
Gothic (8x CSAA, 4X SGSAA, SSAO HQ)
Far Cry (no AA, 16x AF, HQ SSAO)
Duke Nukem (prefer maximum Performance, Single-monitor performance mode)
IL-2 1946 (8XS AA, 4x TSSAA, 16x AF, HQ SSAO)
X-Plane 10 (prefer maximum Performance, Single-monitor performance mode)

I'm thinking about releasing a version with all the profiles exported individually and offer incremental upgrades for these versions, besides the full version. If you want such a version, let me know your thoughts.

Sorry for the late release, but then I didn't have much stuff to release and RL got in the way.

The Downloadlink:
https://rapidshare.com/files/849851166/Wolfs_Profile_1_3.nip
All Versions earlier than Version 1.3 are hereby outdated!

See ya.

Wolf

#3538288 - 03/14/12 01:17 PM Re: Nvidia GTX 570 Profiles for Nvidia Inspector [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Update:

As promised here is the single version of the profiles. The 7z contains a folder in which all the profiles are, each within his own nip file. So if you want to use a special profile but not all of them, now you can do so. This version will get incremental updates.
Well there were some Profiles in the 1.3 release that I forgot to mention:
Earth 2150: The moon Project (8X MSAA (8xQ), 16x AF, HQ SSAO (exeperimental) )
Earth 2160 (enhace AA, 4x TSSAA, 16x AF, HQ SSAO)

For the record Einzeln stands for single in german, in case you wonder.

The Downloadlink for the single profiles:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3719094864/Wolfs_Profile_1_3_Einzeln_Single.7z https://rapidshare.com/files/3719094864/Wolfs_Profile_1_3_Einzeln_Single.7z

and the full version 1.3:
https://rapidshare.com/files/849851166/Wolfs_Profile_1_3.nip

Well and Wolfskid asked me to provide a glossary to all the abbreviations that I use:

Ok lets start with the AA modes:
MSAA Multi Sampling Anti-Aliasing The standard mode that we all know, it only works on the polygon edges.
SSAA Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing Every pixel gets rendered multiple times, it works on the full picture,
it can also suppress texture flickering and gets rid of the jaggies on shaders.
SGSSAA Sparse Grid Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing, works the same as Supersampling, however the detection grid is
not horizontal to the picture but it is diagonal.
TMSAA Transparency Multi-Sampling Anti-Aliasing, works the same as Multisampling however it works on
transparent textures like the leaves of the trees.
TSSAA Transparency Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing, works the same as Supersampling, however it again works on
the textures like the leaves of trees. Due to a driver-"bug" with Fermis Both TSSAA and TSGSSAA can be
used for the full picture, but only on fermi-based Graphics cards, (GTX 4xx and GTX 5xx).
However the MSAA mode and the SGSSAA mode must fit exactly (4xMSAA+4x SGSSAA, or 8xCSAA+4xSGSSAA)
CSAA Coverage Sample Anti-Aliasing, it's a sub-version of MSAA, that replaces some of the colour samples with
Black and white samples, much easier on the performance and it looks almost as good.
8x CSAA is 4xMSAA plus 4 cv samples.

Other Techniques:

SSAO Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, A lighting technique that can take ambient light and reflections into
account, it makes more realistic shadows appear and in DX10 and 11 can do some advanced reflections.
It's a more subtle effect, but it takes a lot of performance.
AF Anisotropic Filtering, a Technique to keep the textures sharp, even in a distance.

AA modes:
Use the application setting The settings in the application are used, everything set in the driver is ignored.
Enhance the application setting The Settings in the driver are used to enhance the application settings, without overriding them
completely.
Override the application setting The Driver settings are enforced, regardless what is set in the application.

Behaviour flags (AA)
Those settings tell the driver how to behave if a certain AA mode is used, they should be pretty self-explanatory.
Treat "override the application settings" as "application settings"
The Driver is told that it should ignore the driver settings even if it is set to "override the application setting". So treat ....as.... is usually something countermanding driver settings, those are usually there for stability and one disables them at ones own risk. Disabling them can work or it can not, there are no guarantees. These are settings you don't see in the standard Driver Control panel.

Well I hope that helped a bit and have fun with those profiles.

Wolf out!

#3550092 - 04/03/12 11:45 PM Re: Nvidia GTX 570 Profiles for Nvidia Inspector [Re: Polarwolf]  
Polarwolf Offline
Polarwolf  Offline

Update Version 1.4

I did some cleanup in the Hybrid mode Profiles, namely those with the 8xS and 16xS modes and removed the Transparency Super-sampling Anti-Aliasing, as it was not needed any more.

So I present Version 1.4 with those reworked and or new profiles:

Reworked Profiles
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway (16xS AA, , 16x AF, Prefer maximum Performance)
Gothic 1 (16xS AA, Transparency AA off, 16x AF, HQ SSAO-experimental)
MSFS9/FS 2004 (16xS AA, Transparency AA off, 16x AF, HQ SSAO-experimental)
Two Worlds (8xS AA, Transparency AA off, 16x AF, HQ SSAO)
X2 die Bedrohung (16xS AA, Transparency AA off, 16x AF, HQ SSAO)

Neue Profile (originally in 1.3 but I forgot to mention them)
Venetica (16xS AA, Transparency AA off, HQ SSAO) (custom Profile)
Wargame European Escalation (prefer Maximum Performance)
I had to tear apart the Gears of War profile a bit, as the Gears of war .exe and this one seem to be named the same.

Downloadlinks:

Rapidshare:
Complete pack v 1.4
https://rapidshare.com/files/1058822191/Wolfs_Nvidia_Inspector_Profile_1_4.nip

Incremental patch for the Single Profiles from 1.3 to 1.4
https://rapidshare.com/files/1165501175/Wolfs_Profile_Einzeln_v1_3-1_4-incremental.7z

Mediafire (experimental)

V 1.3
Complete Package v 1.3
http://www.mediafire.com/?yucen2ttczp4yf0,xunse5ckqdk1ia4

v 1.3 single Profiles
http://www.mediafire.com/?yucen2ttczp4yf0

V 1.4
Complete package v 1.4
http://www.mediafire.com/?jvj5w9cgo9q1zfz

Incremental Patch for the Single Profiles from v 1.3 to v 1.4
http://www.mediafire.com/?zw73l53rom3dmcp

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.