Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#349861 - 06/26/03 07:44 PM May be of interest to some...:)  
CJ Martin Offline
CJ Martin  Offline

NAS Patuxent River, MD

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#349862 - 06/26/03 10:08 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
I think that's one of the signs of the anti-Christ or the Apocalypse or something right??

Such talent going to further development of Ultima?

Bummer..

Anyway..time to go find some LOMAC screens to pull me out of this depression ;\)

BeachAV8R

PS - I flew over you today CJ (PAX)..at about 20 thousand feet on the way into Baltimore....good God..what are you guys mixing in the air up that way..you could have gotten out of the airplane and walked on the haze layer..hehe..

#349863 - 06/26/03 10:53 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate to say waisted talent, but if that's what Andy wants to do then good for him. I hope he comes back over from the dark side some day. ;\)

#349864 - 06/26/03 11:11 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
Dusty Rhodes Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Dusty Rhodes  Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN

Southern Oregon
Thanks for the info CJ.

Make sure you post when you get that offer you can't refuse to make us another excellent flight sim. \:D

I am still working on raising that $5 million so I can hire you and make the best flight sim ever (AKA playing the lotto every change I get :p )

I hope someday the likes of you and Andy come back to flight simming. I think the only chance though is to find alternative ways of making them and publishing them without the big name publisher.

Dusty Rhodes

Fight Fair! Fight to have fun! Fight to WIN!

Win 7 Pro, Intel i7 4790K OC'd to 4.6 Gigs, EVGA GTX Titan 6 GB Memory and ASUS GTX Titan 6 GB Memory, 32 Gigs Tri Channel Ballistix RAM, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals
#349865 - 06/26/03 11:24 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
Bush Offline
Bush  Offline

PA, USA
glad to see you're still around CJ \:\)

TSH Admin

Contact info:

Email- mopheadslc@excite.com
AIM- mopheadslc
#349866 - 06/27/03 12:25 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
CJ Martin Offline
CJ Martin  Offline

NAS Patuxent River, MD
You guys are totally missing the obvious.

TSH/whoever may now finally have someone to work with at EA. Someone that "gets it".

-CJ

#349867 - 06/27/03 12:31 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
CJ Martin Offline
CJ Martin  Offline

NAS Patuxent River, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by BeerDog:
Make sure you post when you get that offer you can't refuse to make us another excellent flight sim.
While I'll never say never, that is pretty unlikely with each passing day. I'm thinking longer term these days, and it looks like I'll soon be changing employers (but not jobs) to one that has a lot more job security.

I recently passed on what certainly seemed like a pretty sweet gaming gig...everything I would have wanted two years ago. It wasn't a flight sim (but was a sim), and I would have pretty much had a blank check. In the end, I decided I didn't want to move again, didn't want to put my family through that again chasing a dream. Plus the hours totally suck. Really.

-CJ

#349868 - 06/27/03 01:58 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
Bush Offline
Bush  Offline

PA, USA
hey CJ shoot me an email at mopheadslc@excite.com when you have time please, thanks

TSH Admin

Contact info:

Email- mopheadslc@excite.com
AIM- mopheadslc
#349869 - 06/27/03 02:55 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heres the plan, have the guy ask the main boss (EA CEO type dude) for the source code, if he says no, then they battle it out with baseball bats. Sound like a good plan eh? ;\)

#349870 - 06/27/03 03:25 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
Dusty Rhodes Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Dusty Rhodes  Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN

Southern Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by CJ Martin:

TSH/whoever may now finally have someone to work with at EA. Someone that "gets it".

-CJ
DOH!!!!!!! Didn't even cross my mind. Good tinkin!

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Pro, Intel i7 4790K OC'd to 4.6 Gigs, EVGA GTX Titan 6 GB Memory and ASUS GTX Titan 6 GB Memory, 32 Gigs Tri Channel Ballistix RAM, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals
#349871 - 06/27/03 03:28 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
'Doc' Offline
'Doc'  Offline

Quote:

-CJ
Hmmm. ***the gears are turning***
I didn't think of that. \:\)
But I think bush has now thought of it:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bush:
hey CJ shoot me an email at mopheadslc@excite.com when you have time please, thanks
:)

'Doc' (aka '195th_Doc')
TSH Administrator

Doc's hypocritic Oath: First do no HARM?
#349872 - 06/27/03 03:48 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
Hornit Offline
Hornit  Offline

Atlanta, GA.
Good to see you here CJ! Unfortunately I would put good money on the fact that anything that might help the TSh boys out is long gone and those who might know don't work there anymore. Damn shame really. If we are REALLY lucky than its locked away in some secret archive somewhere and Andy maybe has a shot at it.

Hornit

#349873 - 06/27/03 04:35 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
usa320 Offline
Hotshot
usa320  Offline
Hotshot

US
*pounds head on table*

There goes our chances of getting another really realistic sim.

#349874 - 06/27/03 11:51 AM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
CJ Martin Offline
CJ Martin  Offline

NAS Patuxent River, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Hornit:
Good to see you here CJ! Unfortunately I would put good money on the fact that anything that might help the TSh boys out is long gone and those who might know don't work there anymore. Damn shame really. If we are REALLY lucky than its locked away in some secret archive somewhere and Andy maybe has a shot at it.
Hornit
I hear what you are saying Hornit, but I'm hopeful with Andy back in a senior role we at least have someone to talk to. The code is at EAHQ in Redwood Shores, all bundled up and documented (poor Elf got stuck with that task, but that means it was done right). I'm also still in touch with most of the old gang from Baltimore.

The next few weeks may be interesting. \:\)

-CJ

#349875 - 06/27/03 04:20 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
Hornit Offline
Hornit  Offline

Atlanta, GA.
hmmmmm, very interesting!!! \:\) Your the first one who has said ANYTHING about where it is at all! That alone has my hopes up already!!

Hornit

#349876 - 06/27/03 06:02 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
Dusty Rhodes Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Dusty Rhodes  Offline
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN

Southern Oregon
Hey CJ, I got a point blank question for you because you are a straight shooter. IF this were to work out, would you be willing to consult with TSH, almost as a leadership role without doing the work, if they allow the source code out?

Not trying to step on anyones toe's (Doc and Bush you guys have done a fantastic job! But this would be a hell of an opportunity). I don't think Elf could do anything becuase of his current work commitments, but with your contacts, CJ, you could point us right to where we need to go for each thing. You wouldn't have to do any of the actual work ;\) but could get those who know what to do, in the right place with the right instruction. Make those F4UT (bless them for what they have done for Falcon) look like a cub scout meeting \:D Just kidding F4UT, you know I love you guys :p

Anyways, down and dirty question, I respect if you would rather not answer or can't do it.

Thanks.

Dusty Rhodes

#349877 - 06/27/03 06:36 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
No Name Offline
Veteran
No Name  Offline
Veteran

i don't think i have ever been so immersed in a game as i have with jane's f/a-18. this sim is a masterpiece, plain and simple. i wish the best of luck to all involved in this project, and heck yes i would pay $$$ for an updated re-release, or even downloadable updates/mods. i do agree with some others who've expressed a willingness to pay $$$ even to just get version which stable with current computers.

Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3
GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz)
Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors
UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW
PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper
Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray
CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe
Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120
OS Windows 7 Premium
#349878 - 06/27/03 08:52 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
CJ Martin Offline
CJ Martin  Offline

NAS Patuxent River, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by BeerDog:
Hey CJ, I got a point blank question for you because you are a straight shooter. IF this were to work out, would you be willing to consult with TSH, almost as a leadership role without doing the work, if they allow the source code out?
That might be a problem for me given my current job and clearences. I don't have access to the huge updated Jane's library I once had...all I have are the volumes I was given when the Baltimore office closed. I do get Aviation Week (which I can write off on my taxes, lol) but that rarely has enough detail for serious sim work. From what I have at work I know my Jane's stuff is seriously out of date...but I can't use my "For Official Use Only" documentation as game reference material.

The Super Hornet can do a lot of very cool stuff these days, and much more is about to hit the fleet. It would be very, very tempting for me to include stuff like Link-16 but I'd probably get myself into trouble since I don't have the time or energy to find open source references.

I'm also looking at a promotion of sorts in the next couple of months and I don't want to screw that up.

So about all I can really do is offer general help...I am pretty sure the original design document is part of what Elf packed up with the source code. I can help with that, as there are things in the DD that aren't in the game and vice versa...the last few months of development was nuts as Elf can attest to. \:D

Besides, lets see if getting the code is even possible before we start dreaming too big. I'll try to contact Andy, not sure what his schedule is like these days so I won't be pestering him too hard.

I'll keep you guys posted.

-CJ

#349879 - 06/27/03 09:28 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  
Hornit Offline
Hornit  Offline

Atlanta, GA.
CJ,

I totaly see where you are coming from but I have an observation here. The gameplay in F-18 is already very good and still holds its own. I dont think we need to have anything we dont already have other than the ability to:

1. Tweak FM's and add individual ones for new aircraft/objects

2. Get a high res ground mapping radar ala F-15

3. Ability to add/update maps and cultural features

4. Easily add fully functional 3D models and cockpits(plus improve existing ones)

If we could do that alone it would be a huge improvement and give really nice legs to this sim.

All these things are what TSH is all about and they are hamstrung without the code. We dont need to make a new sim, just enhance whats already here!

Hornit

#349880 - 06/27/03 11:01 PM Re: May be of interest to some...:)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good point, That one slipped by me. thanks \:\)

Quote:

-CJ

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.