Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3484435 - 12/30/11 10:27 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
_slm Offline
_slm  Offline

I've seen a similar case recently where a game publisher released their first game using their new game engine too early.
Quite a few bugs and players not happy. But the company kept fixing things and after several patches it became playable.
Now there are very few things to complaing about, if you think about features that are in the game.
And the future of the series looks good: the game engine is getting better in every release and players are getting more content.

So now that I've seen how things developed, I hope things will go the same way with Cliffs of Dover.
Despite the bad first release, the game series can become very good, but it'll take some time.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3484444 - 12/30/11 10:40 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Il have more faith when Luthier fixes a main feature of CLOD instead of just vague half promises and missed deadlines.
Chivas how many times has Luthier said something is going to be fixed only to something happen or go wrong at the last min?
I know it can happen, but every patch? and if BOM is still a year away, that means we will be waiting 18 months for parts of CLOD to be not fecked.
I know you say they are our only hope for a WW2 flight sim but it now seems to me they are just not up to the job.
If they were then after 8 months of patches and "working on it" something, anything would have been fixed by now.

#3484445 - 12/30/11 10:41 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Chivas said:

Quote:
Try having some faith in people, if the developers/publishers were truly looking to screw people over with their merry dance, there are a lot less expensive, more profitable ways to do it.

I have never suggested they are trying to *screw people over* as you put it. That would require a degree of organisation and coherence (joke) smile

Quote:
Your endless out of context multi quotes are usually not worth commenting on, so I will end it here.

Nothing I have said here is out of context, is it? I simply quoted two posts in the same thread, and in the correct order. I'm always slightly sceptical of concrete pronouncements of company direction and coding progress from people who appear not to be linked directly to the dev team, or sanctioned by it. Apologies if you find this irritating. I'm not a huge fan of vagueness and wishful thinking. Even less if they are taken advantage of. That is different from having faith in people.

Ben

#3484451 - 12/30/11 11:01 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: falstaff]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: falstaff
Chivas said:

Quote:
Try having some faith in people, if the developers/publishers were truly looking to screw people over with their merry dance, there are a lot less expensive, more profitable ways to do it.

I have never suggested they are trying to *screw people over* as you put it. That would require a degree of organisation and coherence (joke) smile

Quote:
Your endless out of context multi quotes are usually not worth commenting on, so I will end it here.

Nothing I have said here is out of context, is it? I simply quoted two posts in the same thread, and in the correct order. I'm always slightly sceptical of concrete pronouncements of company direction and coding progress from people who appear not to be linked directly to the dev team, or sanctioned by it. Apologies if you find this irritating. I'm not a huge fan of vagueness and wishful thinking. Even less if they are taken advantage of. That is different from having faith in people.

Ben

Since you like to read and sometimes quote sentences I write, then you should know I have no dilutions about the development succeeding. I can't spell it out for you in every post. That fact alone should tell me your memory is wanting or your nothing more than a common troll.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3484455 - 12/30/11 11:04 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
SeaAce Offline
SeaAce  Offline

Muscle Shoals Alabama
I don't own CoD but I do own IL-2 1946,I won't,can't comment on CoD as I don't own it,can't run it on my old computer,but from just reading the OP post in this thread the developer sound like a man who has reached the end of his rope and is trying to tie a knot in it.

Common wisdom would suggest that if they fail to make their customers happy with CoD then the release of whatever they release next will to an extent leave a bad taste in their customers mouth.

All games to some degree have problems and most likely the BOM will have it's problems too.Maybe they have reached a point where they just can't get it sorted and this is a last ditch effort to get help solving some of the problems they face.

Now a day unhappy customers have the means to communicate their unhappiness to others thru this internet and your reputation and your sales suffer deservedly or not.

Just rambling guys,waiting on the football game to start.Have a Happy New Year.Hope it all works out for them and y'all.

#3484459 - 12/30/11 11:09 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Chivas, you lost me with 'dilutions'??

Is that the same as ablutions? smile

Try and keep the insults in check. As before, I'm just asking how you can be so certain about things. Strikes me as wisful thinking as much as fact. Nothing wrong with that, but the tone suggests fact, when in fact it's wishful thinking. Optimism is good, no problem there, but not at the expense of reality.

Ben

#3484465 - 12/30/11 11:18 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Il have more faith when Luthier fixes a main feature of CLOD instead of just vague half promises and missed deadlines.
Chivas how many times has Luthier said something is going to be fixed only to something happen or go wrong at the last min?
I know it can happen, but every patch? and if BOM is still a year away, that means we will be waiting 18 months for parts of CLOD to be not fecked.
I know you say they are our only hope for a WW2 flight sim but it now seems to me they are just not up to the job.
If they were then after 8 months of patches and "working on it" something, anything would have been fixed by now.

I can understand your lack of faith, but patches have improved aspects of the sim. Maybe the developer isn't capable of finishing the sim, but I can give them the benefit of the doubt until they fail. It appears they are still working on it with full support of IC management, so time will tell.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3484469 - 12/30/11 11:24 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

You do know i want you to be right Chvias?
The whole reason i spent 1500 quid was to play CLOD.
Yes, im quite bitter.

#3484472 - 12/30/11 11:26 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: falstaff]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: falstaff
Chivas, you lost me with 'dilutions'??

Is that the same as ablutions? smile

Try and keep the insults in check. As before, I'm just asking how you can be so certain about things. Strikes me as wisful thinking as much as fact. Nothing wrong with that, but the tone suggests fact, when in fact it's wishful thinking. Optimism is good, no problem there, but not at the expense of reality.

Ben

Personally I think you deserve every insult I throw at you, when you twist my overall thoughts on the sim, to suit your troll agenda.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3484489 - 12/30/11 11:45 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Chivas, nobody could have a "agenda"(not that i think falstaff has one) if the sim worked.

#3484678 - 12/31/11 09:08 AM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
@FF. Thread should be moved to 'extended discussions'?

[Linked Image]
#3485324 - 01/01/12 08:10 AM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: Chivas]  
PV1 Offline
sometime mudslinger
PV1  Offline
sometime mudslinger

Ladner, Wet Coast, Canada
Originally Posted By: Chivas
I have no dilutions about the development succeeding. I can't spell it out for you

OK, sorry to highlight this, no offence intended, but it's just such a gem...

(You'll have no concerns about dilutions if you just maintain your concentration. ...delusions, that's another thing...)

#3485468 - 01/01/12 05:27 PM Re: Help needed by the developers with AI, radio commands and joystick lag [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
I have some other things that I need to do. However, I will address this thread shortly. Needless to say, trading insults is unacceptable on these forums.

*sorted*

Last edited by Avimimus; 01/03/12 03:25 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.