Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#3469644 - 12/07/11 05:22 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Tiger_BiH]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
Originally Posted By: Tiger_BiH

I did have one helicopter kill with a tank round last night, its probably not something that would happen in real world scenario but it sure made for a satisfying kill. smile

Tiger

Nope, they teach and do it in the real world. Example: I was doing wargame in Hohenfiels,Germany (MILES laser-training) and just as I dropped my '58 into a clearing I got popped by a M1 main gun from the other side. Game over for me.

3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3469662 - 12/07/11 05:59 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Dirt_Diver]  
KublaKhan Offline
KublaKhan  Offline

KY - USA
Originally Posted By: Dirt_Diver
Originally Posted By: KublaKhan
I don't like the new IRNV scope. They have all these unlocks for weapons then begin handicapping them. What's the point?

Game balance. The old IRNV scope was WAY overpowered (The only thing in the game that I actually considered a cheat).

And the new chat, its okay, but why would they remove the squad chat color? Your squad chat used to be all green, which was helpful for those that didn't have voice comms. It attracted your attention, now its all the same color. Blah.

The squad chat color is fine (green). Since two patches ago, you have to manually join a squad. You're probably not seeing the green squad chat color because you're sitting in the "no squad" squad smile

I'm 50/50 on the patch right now. Maybe with some more playing time it will grow on me.

Playing more would probably be a good idea. There are way to many critics and not enough players around the forums these days.

I understand that, but this isn't a sim. The IRNV is supposed to be a reward for getting 100 kills with a weapon. N00bs just whine and complain about stuff that they don't have yet and get it nerf'd. My point, imo, is valid: Why have unlocks and upgrades to the weapons you use and like only to have them disabled? If that were the case, two guns per class with a couple of accessories would have been enough.

I always join a squad when I start a game. That's the point of playing and unlocking those Squad Specializations. This is a personal preference on my part, but I liked the squad chat being all green as it drew my attention to that part of the screen.

And yea, I've got a ton of playing time in as of right now (170hrs) so I feel I've at least earned a little right to be critical. smile I still love the game, don't get me wrong, and I'll continue to play.

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun-Tzu
#3469704 - 12/07/11 06:59 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: KublaKhan]  
fatty Offline
fatty  Offline

Brussels, Belgium
I understand that, but this isn't a sim. The IRNV is supposed to be a reward for getting 100 kills with a weapon. N00bs just whine and complain about stuff that they don't have yet and get it nerf'd. My point, imo, is valid: Why have unlocks and upgrades to the weapons you use and like only to have them disabled? If that were the case, two guns per class with a couple of accessories would have been enough.

I understand that it is a good reward for players that do well, but it's not like 100 kills is a very difficult goal to reach. I unlocked the DAO-12 shotgun three days ago, and I've logged 1 hour and 24 minutes using it since then. I am now three kills away from unlocking IRNV for that weapon. When the game first came out, the IRNVs were quite rare and I was somewhat awed by how ruthlessly effective the few players that had them were using them. But now that everyone's logged a few hours, it seems like every second person killing me is using them - at least, up until the patch. I guess the flip side of your argument is, why provide so many unlocks and upgrade to the weapons if you're going to include one single unlock in the game that is superlative compared to all others? Just exclude everything but the IRNV and call it a day. But no, I like variety and experimenting with different sights, and I don't want to always be at a disadvantage coming up against people using IRNV. So I'm glad it got balanced.

"...for who are so free as the sons of the waves?"
#3469718 - 12/07/11 07:24 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
Tiger_BiH Offline
Tiger_BiH  Offline

I used IRNV exclusively before the patch last night just because most of the other player did too. And if you didnt you were at huge disadvantage. I think IRNV was almost a necessity.

However now that its a little bit nerfe and i am back on my normal scope, i enjoy the game more, its visually more satisfying to get a kill, i mean i ma not big fan of looking at a green and yellow colors in my games. smile

#3469737 - 12/07/11 07:53 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
I think IRNV was a terrible game balance idea that DICE should have caught, once people unlocked it it mainly turned the game into Predator, and you are sort of forced to use it because everyone else is:

Then again I am one of the people who quit playing waiting for the patch to nerf it, so I will need to get back in and play more and complain less.

Hoping they nerf it even more as in real life not everyone walks around with IRNV goggles, only elite units.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#3469956 - 12/08/11 01:25 AM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
shadylurker Offline
shadylurker  Offline

I agree IRNV and mortars ruined the game, I loved the game for the first few days before those two things were super common. I don't have real internet yet but I am super excited to play the game when It finally gets here.

#3469982 - 12/08/11 02:31 AM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: shadylurker]  
Dirt_Diver Offline
Dirt_Diver  Offline

Originally Posted By: shadylurker
I agree IRNV and mortars ruined the game, I loved the game for the first few days before those two things were super common. I don't have real internet yet but I am super excited to play the game when It finally gets here.

Sorry for the multiple reply here ...

Shady - the IRNV problem seems to be resolved for the most part. As for mortars, Magnum posted a great counter mortar vid here ...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3436072/mortar_video.html#Post3436072

KublaKhan - is this enough green for you? Looks like a Christmas tree with the red enemy chatter santa ...

Fatty – the DAO-12/IRNV combo sounds awesome smile Perfect combo. I personally can't wait to unlock the USAS-12.

Random thought - I just played an Operation Metro round and it seems DICE nailed the tac light/laser problem. From a distance, people who accidentally leave their tac lights on while aiming at you are perfect targets smile

|| Intel Quad Core Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || nVidia GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB || 8 GB Corsair DDR2 || Win 7 64bit ||
|| Logitech G500 Mouse || Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Gear || Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Quadrant || Saitek X52 Pro Hotas || TrackIR 5 ||
#3469997 - 12/08/11 03:03 AM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Dirt_Diver]  
KublaKhan Offline
KublaKhan  Offline

KY - USA
Originally Posted By: Dirt_Diver
Originally Posted By: shadylurker

Sorry for the multiple reply here ...

Shady - the IRNV problem seems to be resolved for the most part. As for mortars, Magnum posted a great counter mortar vid here ...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3436072/mortar_video.html#Post3436072

KublaKhan - is this enough green for you? Looks like a Christmas tree with the red enemy chatter santa ...

Fatty – the DAO-12/IRNV combo sounds awesome smile Perfect combo. I personally can't wait to unlock the USAS-12.

Random thought - I just played an Operation Metro round and it seems DICE nailed the tac light/laser problem. From a distance, people who accidentally leave their tac lights on while aiming at you are perfect targets smile

It will have to do. I just liked the whole message being neon green so it would attract my attention. smile

USAS 12gauge automatic shotgun is my gun of choice in Operation Metro. I won't use anything else, depending on the conditions I alternate between Frag/Buckshot.

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun-Tzu
#3470110 - 12/08/11 12:32 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
How the heck do you get mortars ? looking at my unlocks, mortars are going to be one of the last things I unlock !

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#3470141 - 12/08/11 01:24 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: valleyboy]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted By: valleyboy
How the heck do you get mortars ? looking at my unlocks, mortars are going to be one of the last things I unlock !

It should be the 4th unlock for Support (40,000 points) so not difficult to achieve.
Are you reading the unlocks correctly? There are 5 more unlocks to go after that.

Last edited by Chucky; 12/08/11 01:26 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#3470204 - 12/08/11 03:37 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
EagleEye[GER] Offline
EagleEye[GER]  Offline

Germany
No more app crashes while loading, after disconnecting from one server and connecting to another. Now some app crashes while in-game though... I find the new things on the server browser very helpful(country-flags, new filter-functions...).

#3470675 - 12/09/11 07:05 AM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

I don't understand the hate for the IRNV. I started hearing people whining about how everyone was using it, so I started paying attention to what the people who killed me were using. I did that for about 3-4 days of gaming (maybe 6-7 hours of gametime) and only noticed an IRNV ONCE. Sure it made it easy to spot people, but it was only a 1X zoom, and you still had to actually HIT someone when you shot at them. I thought the whole point of having unlocks in a game was to reward you and give you a slight advantage over people who hadn't progressed as far as you.

confused

Speaking of unlocks, that's one of my biggest gripes about BF3. The vast majority of the things you work to unlock, I find to either be pointless (Tac-lights, different camos) , or something I'd prefer not to use. (most of the different scopes) And why is every pistol attachment a completely new weapon unlock? I've never played a game where I felt like "meh" whenever I unlocked something new, as much as I did in BF3.

I think I burned myself out on this game. Haven't felt like playing it in over a week now. I'll probably fire it up again when the BTK DLC hits the 360.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#3470704 - 12/09/11 10:10 AM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
EagleEye[GER] Offline
EagleEye[GER]  Offline

Germany
I´m with you about the IRNV, HogDriver. It never was a problem for me, I´m being shot at as much through other scopes than IRNV. biggrin
Yes, the different camos I don`t know what to say about. Who is changing them everytime before spawn and for what purpose?

Last edited by EagleEye[GER]; 12/09/11 12:23 PM.
#3470713 - 12/09/11 10:54 AM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: EagleEye[GER]]  
U-96 Offline
%!#Stack Overflow#!%
U-96  Offline
%!#Stack Overflow#!%
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: EagleEye[GER
]I´m with you about the IRNV, HogDriver. It never was a problem for me, I´m shot as much through other scopes than IRNV. biggrin
Yes, the different camos I don`t know what to say about. Who is changing them everytime before spawn and for what purpose?

Different classes and the SpecOps camo have reduced IR visibility through the IRNV. The SpecOps stuff makes you look like a ninja biggrin

#3470758 - 12/09/11 01:33 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: U-96]  
EagleEye[GER] Offline
EagleEye[GER]  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted By: U-96
Different classes and the SpecOps camo have reduced IR visibility through the IRNV. The SpecOps stuff makes you look like a ninja biggrin

Ah ok, is the reduced IR visibility still relevant after the patch? I mean, at close distant one will spot the SpecOps men for sure regardless the reduction, right? Hmm, it may be useful now on greater distance with the patch-changes to the IRNV.

Last edited by EagleEye[GER]; 12/09/11 01:34 PM.
#3470869 - 12/09/11 04:57 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
Punisher5555 Offline
Punisher5555  Offline

Cleveland, Ohio
Still can't play after the update. nope

I can get in for a minute or two and then the kick for no packet flow.

Oh, well guess I will move onto another game. Waste of my $60. Sorry I can't play anymore guys.

Arma2 will get a huge bump from me when that awesome 1.60 patch hits.

3 Samsung 27" LED Monitors powered by a Zotac 4GB 680GTX. Set at PCI Gen3. 5760 x 1080 resolution.
MSI z68a-gd80 (g3) motherboard
Ivy Bridge 3770k 3.5Ghz
32GB RAM (all .pbo's loaded into a 12GB RamDisk)
TrackIR4
zboard merc keyboard
Saitek X-52 stick/throttle/pedals
Logitech MOMO racing wheel/pedals
Razer Deathadder 3500 black mouse
Sony receiver for 5.1 surround sound. 5 speakers and powered sub-woofer.
#3471577 - 12/10/11 09:43 PM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: Sim]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Your not the only one mate, still having severe issues. Oh well, it is only a game.

#3471666 - 12/11/11 01:12 AM Re: 6th Dec Update is coming [Re: archermav]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

Can i ask you chaps whether your version of origin is still a beta?

I notice mine is.

Also, i found the help people at origin quite good, although the live chat stuff does take a while to work through.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.