Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3463438 - 11/28/11 05:36 AM Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire!  
Desert Eagle Offline
Master of the Weird
Desert Eagle  Offline
Master of the Weird
Veteran

Portugal
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirt...?urn=sow-wp7001

Quote:
Last weekend it was fans throwing stuff onto the pitch, this weekend it's fans setting things on fire. Why the swift and drastic turn for the worse in disgusting fan behavior? Well, derbies, of course.

In Serbia, the Eternal derby was smothered in a haze of fireworks and smoke from both sets of fans. Meanwhile, in Portugal, angry Sporting fans set their section of Benfica's Estadio da Luz on fire because their side lost 1-0. Seriously, they set the section on fire.

'Baby light my fire'

lawncareby20mm

©2010-oo All Your rights belong to Me

By reading this You acknowledge that Your body and soul, including all your worldly possessions, are now property of this poster. Any unauthorized use of them will be punished.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3463441 - 11/28/11 05:40 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
This sounds suspiciously like something Oakland Raiders fans would do...

exitstageleft

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
#3463443 - 11/28/11 05:57 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Why did i know it was soccer before i even clicked on the topic. banghead

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3463494 - 11/28/11 09:26 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
We won so who cares about a little of fire, after all they will have to pay the damages RTFM

Beeenfiiiica WinkNGrin

#3463496 - 11/28/11 09:28 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Business as usual for soccer fans.

#3463500 - 11/28/11 09:46 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Corktip 14 Offline
Corktip 14  Offline

Belgium
Yup, good indication of the medium IQ of soccer fans...

Murphy's Law says, "Whatever can go wrong, will, and when you least expect it."
(And, of course, we all know that Murphy was an aviator.)

*aka Flying-V*
#3463502 - 11/28/11 09:52 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Ajay]  
Weaponz248 Offline
Hail To The King Baby!!
Weaponz248  Offline
Hail To The King Baby!!

Statesboro GA USA
Originally Posted By: Ajay

It was either that or Golf!!! LOL

XBOX Live Tag/Steam/PSN: Weaponz248

#3463590 - 11/28/11 03:00 PM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
Football (soccer) a game played by gentlemen and watched by hooligans.........rugby a game played by hooligans and watched by gentlemen smile

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#3463604 - 11/28/11 03:29 PM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Who care it's benfica, as long they dont touch porto's stadium ! biggrin otherwise my brother-in-law will set the whole portugal on fire, kkk.

#3463614 - 11/28/11 03:57 PM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Blade_RJ]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
Originally Posted By: Blade_RJ
Who care it's benfica

...4 million fans!!?? neaner

#3463623 - 11/28/11 04:22 PM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Flamengo has much more,should numbers matter ?

#3463778 - 11/28/11 07:59 PM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Ajay]  
Desert Eagle Offline
Master of the Weird
Desert Eagle  Offline
Master of the Weird
Veteran

Portugal

I don't know. Maybe because of things like this?

http://larrybrownsports.com/soccer/sporting-fans-light-soccer-stadium-on-fire/101043

Quote:
As you all know, soccer fans can be some of the most dramatic in the world when it comes to supporting their teams. Whether it’s bringing a dead body to a game, trying to run a ref over, or punching a player in the face, their behavior is often regrettable. That’s why we want to take this time to commend the group of Sporting fans who reacted rationally after Sporting lost 1-0 to Benfica over the weekend. All they did was set their section of Benfica’s stadium on fire.

©2010-oo All Your rights belong to Me

By reading this You acknowledge that Your body and soul, including all your worldly possessions, are now property of this poster. Any unauthorized use of them will be punished.
#3463812 - 11/28/11 08:57 PM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
Originally Posted By: Desert Eagle

I don't know. Maybe because of things like this?

http://larrybrownsports.com/soccer/sporting-fans-light-soccer-stadium-on-fire/101043

Quote:
As you all know, soccer fans can be some of the most dramatic in the world when it comes to supporting their teams. Whether it’s bringing a dead body to a game, trying to run a ref over, or punching a player in the face, their behavior is often regrettable. That’s why we want to take this time to commend the group of Sporting fans who reacted rationally after Sporting lost 1-0 to Benfica over the weekend. All they did was set their section of Benfica’s stadium on fire.

Maybe Larry has forgotten all about the infamous 'Ten Cent Beer night'. Its not as if soccer/football fans have a monopoly on violent idiocy. Business as usual for baseball fans, Luke? Gosh, I never knew it had such a violent following! biggrin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night

Heres a wee excerp....

'After the Indians had managed to tie the game, a fan ran onto the field and attempted to steal Texas outfielder Jeff Burroughs' cap. Confronting the fan, Burroughs tripped.

Texas manager Billy Martin, thinking that Burroughs had been attacked, charged onto the field, his players right behind, some wielding bats.[2] A large number of intoxicated fans – some armed with knives, chains, nunchaku and portions of stadium seats that they had torn apart – surged onto the field, and others hurled bottles from the stands.

Realizing that the Rangers' lives might be in danger, Ken Aspromonte, the Indians' manager, ordered his players to grab bats and help the Rangers, attacking the team's own fans in the process. Rioters began throwing steel folding chairs, and Cleveland relief pitcher Tom Hilgendorf was hit in the head by one of them. Hargrove, involved in a fistfight with a rioter, had to fight another on his way back to the Texas dugout.

Among the Indians players suddenly running for their lives was Torres. In his career, Torres wound up seeing three big-league baseball riots close up; he was with the New York Yankees at the Senators' final game in Washington in 1971 and would be with the Chicago White Sox during the infamous Disco Demolition Night in 1979.

The bases were pulled up and stolen (never to be returned) and many rioters threw a vast array of objects including cups, rocks, bottles, batteries from radios, hot dogs, popcorn containers, and folding chairs. As a result, umpire crew chief Nestor Chylak, realizing that order would not be restored in a timely fashion, forfeited the game to Texas. He too was a victim of the rioters as one struck him with part of a stadium seat, cutting his head.[3] His hand was also cut by a thrown rock. He later called the fans "uncontrollable beasts" and stated that he'd never seen anything like what had happened, "except in a zoo".
[4]

'Disco Demolition night' is even funnier. Baseball is so civilised! biggrin

Last edited by Biggles07; 11/28/11 08:58 PM.

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3463961 - 11/29/11 12:13 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Biggles, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know about the history of baseball.

Hint: both of those incidents were one-time stunts by the ownership to boost attendance. Not to mention, Bill Veeck was one of the (if not the) craziest owners in baseball (he was known for a number of other "odd" promotional ideas. Furthermore, it was the 70s. Not exactly the most peaceful time in America.

Raise the issue when you see the type of hooliganism regularly occurring at soccer matches starting to regularly occur at MLB games.

#3463987 - 11/29/11 12:56 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: LukeFF]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Biggles, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know about the history of baseball.

Hint: both of those incidents were one-time stunts by the ownership to boost attendance. Not to mention, Bill Veeck was one of the (if not the) craziest owners in baseball (he was known for a number of other "odd" promotional ideas. Furthermore, it was the 70s. Not exactly the most peaceful time in America.

Raise the issue when you see the type of hooliganism regularly occurring at soccer matches starting to regularly occur at MLB games.

Luke, lighten up man. You were maybe being a little lofty and insinuating that people behaving like idiots was somehow a solely 'Euro/soccer' phenomena. Not really. 'Kick offs' happen all the time in the US, even Gridiron.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...tball-riot.html

I also distinctly remember Maryland students rioting as their team lost a College football final maybe 8-9 years ago or so....and lots of people got injured. I used to follow Gridiron quite closely and there have been quite a few other riot type incidents too.

Point is, human beings in large crowds will occasionally act like idiots wherever, and whatever sport. Yes, football is far worse in terms of violence, no doubt and agreed. 70's and 80's were the worst. Have to say I've never seen anything like that in any game in England I've ever been to though. Ever....though I'm quite young. Fights yes, not full scale wars lol. Nunchakus? Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting, those Cats was fast as lightning! biggrin

Joking aside though, yes they are all d*ck heads of the highest order. Absolutely disgusting and uncalled for.

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3464162 - 11/29/11 09:36 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Blade_RJ]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
Originally Posted By: Blade_RJ
Flamengo has much more,should numbers matter ?

well, if we're talking about half of a country's population the answer is yes wink the point is that porto is a local team and benfica is a national team.
What happened on this game is not very common here, but sometimes happens and usually between Benfica, sporting and porto! a shame! hooliganism is a crap.

Cheers

#3464208 - 11/29/11 12:12 PM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Desert Eagle]  
SpongeBob55 Offline
SpongeBob55  Offline

Missouri
In all fairness American sports fan wait to riot in the streets burning cars and businesses. ;-P

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant
#3464729 - 11/30/11 02:01 AM Re: Your team lost? Then set the stadium on fire! [Re: Biggles07]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted By: Biggles07
Yes, football is far worse in terms of violence, no doubt and agreed. 70's and 80's were the worst.

And that was my point. wink

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.