Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3463083 - 11/27/11 05:27 PM BF3 SimHQ server feedback...  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
"dammit you guys can't shoot #%&*$#"

"no one ever covers me"

"were suppose to be a team"

"who the #%&*$# is taking out the tank"

"oh don't bother warning me of the guy behind me... TEAMMATES!"

"this game sucks, this team sucks, my squad sucks"

"pretty much alot of cussing and telling everyone how much they suck" Melissa (my daughter, when she started quoting some of my sayings after this AM's BF3 games, lol.)

My first real time on the PC version showed not only how much I suck, lol... but other problems I really didn't see because frankly, the 360 version that I mostly play don't have those problems... with the built in comms and squad functions... almost all games are teamwork based and verbal communications used... and if not I find another server... but on our SimHQ JTF Bravo server, communications was pretty much via teamspeak, 5 or 6 of us that were on different teams... in games comms was NEVER used, and if something was typed it came and went before most read it. That I saw.

So my question to you users... what to do about it... sure the games were great (sounds and graphics are so much nicer and top notch, (I could actually hear the links from my belt fed SAW gun, hitting the ground, was amazing)). but where BF3 for the PC fails is teamwork and communications... I know there was a squad, I imagine maybe you guys were using in game squad comms? My squad wasn't... it was all TS. With the server at the half way mark of the 3 month rental, and the new map pack coming in a week or 2 or 3... what, if anything can or should SimHQ do to make better use of the BF3 game and server... if we can do anything I know that TS3 plug in was mentioned but we already decided not to use that due to issues already with the TS3 server... anything else.

I love the the server is getting used, mostly at night for a 4 hour block or so... but with 100 platoon members, why are our members not using it more... it's almost a waste of money, something we will have to decided if it's worth it in 6 more weeks... a renewal.

Nows the time to discuss what we as admins can do better to make the game for "simulation", and how or if we can fix the teamwork and comms problems.

Also of note... mostly to my admins... my first games this AM, once others joined had bad guys in the enemy spawn bases throwing down mines, using C4, rockets and sniper rifiles... killing as people spawned in... I thought we agreed long ago that was a NO NO on our server... if a team captures all the points then they defend them, they don't move into the spawn bases in the interest of fairness.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3463115 - 11/27/11 06:57 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline

Communication ! Is Needed ! Very Badly.
Doesn't SimHQ have a teamspeak server ? If so I Think there should be a Sticky in this section with that information.
And if we have to contact one of the server admins for the password then thats fine.
I for the life of me can't find the Teamspeak info and I would just about swear we have one.

If not then we need to use the Origin Party system, for squad chat.

I got to play a few on there today and I did Ok, but also had a couple of brutal rounds.
I didnt have any issues with Uncaps being attacked in my matches.

One thing that needs to be used is the squadleader has to manage his squad and if not by voice then atleast Frago (Spot)the objectives so that people know where to go to. And the Squad needs to listen to that. I don't have a problem with the squad taking a different route as long as they are atleast in a 2 man group and heading to the same objective. I always use atleast Team chat, but I didnt see anyone else really using it.

I try to 90% of the time go where the squad leader is saying to go to.

I think we need to have some more scheduled practices and maybe even play Squad Rush if there are only 8 peeps, This way we can work at learning squad tactics. Also if some of you guys want to party up and then hit other servers, Im game for that too.

I'd play on the server a Lot more but I just never see anyone on there, when I do, I jump right on.

I do need to add more people from the platoon onto my friends list.

Today, I forgot to throw my SHQ tag on, simply because I was Overjoyed to see people on the server and just jumped in with my TG tag still on.

I felt bad playing against my own guys with the heli today, especially TexasFox,, He was just every where I fired and I'm sure he was hating me, today during one match on Canal.

If we do have some more practices amoung our own members, I think we should also mix up the teams every could of matches,, this way if one side has less experienced players they don't get hammered match after match.
Moral is actually HUGE in BF for me, and when your side is getting thumped over and over again,, its hard to stay focused and you can go down hill Quick ! Cussing along the way
Desode

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#3463119 - 11/27/11 07:04 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida

#3463126 - 11/27/11 07:13 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
fatty Offline
fatty  Offline

Brussels, Belgium
Opposing team spawns are insta-kill zones in all maps. If an enemy player is in your base, he's possibly using some sort of exploit. Best to go onto Battlelog and report him to EA/DICE.

Looks like the server has reverted to softcore for some reason. I tried to change it but the settings were all fine in ProCon. May need a reset.

I find that comms are used frequently (there's always a good crowd of us on Teamspeak), but many folks talking do not seem to appreciate that the rest of us can't see what's happening on their screen. This was a long-standing problem in ArmA, and is made worse in BF3 by the facts that the maps are so large and the teams are so scattered. A request like "somebody come kill this #%&*$# tank!" is not helpful to anyone. What tank? Where is it? Is it damaged? Why can't you kill it? Any other bad guys there? If you want serious teamplay, clarity is key.

"...for who are so free as the sons of the waves?"
#3463135 - 11/27/11 07:29 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: fatty]  
Desode Offline
Desode  Offline

Originally Posted By: fatty
Opposing team spawns are insta-kill zones in all maps. If an enemy player is in your base, he's possibly using some sort of exploit. Best to go onto Battlelog and report him to EA/DICE.

Looks like the server has reverted to softcore for some reason. I tried to change it but the settings were all fine in ProCon. May need a reset.

I find that comms are used frequently (there's always a good crowd of us on Teamspeak), but many folks talking do not seem to appreciate that the rest of us can't see what's happening on their screen. This was a long-standing problem in ArmA, and is made worse in BF3 by the facts that the maps are so large and the teams are so scattered. A request like "somebody come kill this #%&*$# tank!" is not helpful to anyone. What tank? Where is it? Is it damaged? Why can't you kill it? Any other bad guys there? If you want serious teamplay, clarity is key.

Completley Agree with this. One thing to do is make it a point to remember your uncap is south and the enemy's is north, then use this as a reference in combination with the flags, when calling out information on the battlefield.

@Magnum THANK YOU !! yeah

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

#3463144 - 11/27/11 07:43 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
I agree with you fatty... and please understand... my rants this AM were out of frustration, mostly because of my lack of skills... but i can't blame myslef... I'm too good. wink

But I can't understand, and trying to figure it out... why the 360 version with it's built in comms, and target ID's both visually and verbally make for better teammate coordination... i didn't get that feeling this AM on our server... and i can't figure out why or what we need to do to improve it. wink

#3463306 - 11/28/11 12:38 AM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Dirt_Diver Offline
Dirt_Diver  Offline

Tex mentioned that DICE might be incorporating VOIP in an upcoming patch here http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3461016/IN_Game_VOIP.html#Post3461016 .

Until then TeamSync with TS3 works great. I’ve personally set up a server with it and could have SimHQ’s server TeamSync’d in about 2 minutes regardless of what OS is running what.

As for leadership issues, the guy with the star beside his name in your team is the squad leader and should call the shots.

Countdown to post erasure initiated ... biggrin

|| Intel Quad Core Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || nVidia GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB || 8 GB Corsair DDR2 || Win 7 64bit ||
|| Logitech G500 Mouse || Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Gear || Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Quadrant || Saitek X52 Pro Hotas || TrackIR 5 ||
#3463355 - 11/28/11 02:19 AM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Dirt_Diver]  
fatty Offline
fatty  Offline

Brussels, Belgium
Originally Posted By: Dirt_Diver
Tex mentioned that DICE might be incorporating VOIP in an upcoming patch here http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3461016/IN_Game_VOIP.html#Post3461016 .

Until then TeamSync with TS3 works great. I’ve personally set up a server with it and could have SimHQ’s server TeamSync’d in about 2 minutes regardless of what OS is running what.

As for leadership issues, the guy with the star beside his name in your team is the squad leader and should call the shots.

Countdown to post erasure initiated ... biggrin

Quoted for posterity! biggrin

#3463453 - 11/28/11 06:21 AM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Tiger_BiH Offline
Tiger_BiH  Offline

I have been playing on our SimHQ server since day one and got to know the regulars members that play this i would say every night.

I have mentioned this before, we should start advertising on our server and perhaps more folks would be playing on our server on regular basis. Set a periodic text message to appear within the game Welcome to our SimHQ server our TS info is....etc etc. When we get about 6 or so guys playing on our server, public members join our server and we can get good gaming going. I am sure some of these players would love to join our TS and game with us, but they just dont know that we even have a TS channel. Perhaps when the new patch releases with in game voice things might change.

We have to start building the community around this game. I know we have 100 member in our Platoon, but i have never seen more the 10 SimHQ guys playing at the same time. And i am on there most of the nights.

I think the two problems now is members numbers we need to expend the numbers so we can play more on our servers. If i see 3 or 4 sim hq guys we will probably start a party and find a game, if we get 6 or more then we hop on our server and get the game going.

I have a lot of fun playing and personally my opinion is that there is a lot of communication that goes on our TS, our biggest problem has been getting enough players to play on our server.

Tiger

#3463528 - 11/28/11 12:12 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Skip Offline
Skip  Offline

Texas
Well after last night I will say this, if for some reason SimHQ does decide to shut it down I will rent one(24 player hardcore) but I hope that doesnt happen last night was some of the most intense combat Ive seen in my PC gaming experience and Ive been around since 97,but the biggest killer to teamwork is IMPATIENCE!!!!!! even guys I would think were teamplayers take off like a shot as soon as they spawn in,

see you guys tonite

Tex

#3463597 - 11/28/11 03:13 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Skip]  
Tiger_BiH Offline
Tiger_BiH  Offline

Originally Posted By: Skip
Well after last night I will say this, if for some reason SimHQ does decide to shut it down I will rent one(24 player hardcore) but I hope that doesnt happen last night was some of the most intense combat Ive seen in my PC gaming experience and Ive been around since 97,but the biggest killer to teamwork is IMPATIENCE!!!!!! even guys I would think were teamplayers take off like a shot as soon as they spawn in,

see you guys tonite

Tex

Tex that last Match that we played RUSH was sick. I think it was one of my better nights on BF3. The matches where you have 4v4 or 5v5 i think tend to be more intense and allow for more tactical play. smile

Tiger

#3463650 - 11/28/11 05:05 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Snake_Pliskinn Offline
Snake_Pliskinn  Offline

Enterprise, AL
Yeah, there were some good games last night. I would tend to agree that smaller sides make for better tactical games.
Magnum: Earlier in the day yesterday, we did have a tank driver who was spawn camping on Tehran Hwy. Was camped at gas station with an engineer to repair and was killing everything driving out of spawn. Firmly but without swearing asked them to stop or would submit them for banning from the sever. They did stop. So asking people to behave works - sometimes. I like the server, but did have trouble getting in the other night (tried another and got in just fine).

#3464073 - 11/29/11 04:14 AM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Chappie Offline
Chappie  Offline

Hey guys,

Hopped on the server for a bit this evening. Had a great time! What do you guys use for comms? I also play on the tacticalgamer servers and they use a program with Teamspeak, Teamsync I believe.... It places people in TS channels based on their squad. Pretty cool. Anyway, just curious about comms...see you all on the server!

Chappie.

#3464194 - 11/29/11 11:43 AM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Chappie]  
Skip Offline
Skip  Offline

Texas
The problem with TGs servers is they play on normal mode way to GAMEY IMHO 3d spotting is a CHEAT using the map to locate enemy is just wrong..........BTW we use TS the info is Address: SimHQ.net
Nickname: Please use your SimHQ nickname
Port: 9987 (that is the default port setting)
Password: SimHQcommS

#3464214 - 11/29/11 12:51 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Skip]  
Chappie Offline
Chappie  Offline

Thanks for the info. About the TS server. Will definitely use it in the future. Btw...here's the site for teamsync if anyone is interested.
http://www.tssync.net/

Thanks,
Chappie.

#3464270 - 11/29/11 02:05 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Good games last night. That's the best mp experience in BF3 that I've had thus far. And I like the change of not having the 3D tagging as it makes you have to communicate with your team more.

Hey Texas, I know I probably ran off a couple of times but I think it was during the final count down and I was just scrambling to do the most good I could go out and do. biggrin That's my first time playing with some of you all and you all seem like a good bunch of folks to play with. That Tiger guy also makes for a really good team mate. I love the communication.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3464305 - 11/29/11 02:53 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
fatty Offline
fatty  Offline

Brussels, Belgium
I've had very strange experiences on the SimHQ server lately. Sometimes when joining, it appears from my perspective that the server has switched back to softcore mode - I have crosshairs, ammo count HUD, red triangles pointing out enemy locations, etc. Originally, I thought the server had switched back to softcore (hence my mention of it in my first post in this thread). But after playing last night with XRoK and Dec, it appears that this is only affecting me and nobody else on the server. Usually exiting the game and rejoining resets it back to the true server settings. I've only ever seen this on SimHQ. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by fatty; 11/29/11 03:20 PM.

#3464332 - 11/29/11 03:50 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
December Offline
December  Offline

Is this a disclaimer fatty? WinkNGrin

#3464348 - 11/29/11 04:13 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: Magnum]  
Tiger_BiH Offline
Tiger_BiH  Offline

GG's last night guys.

fatty, i have not experienced that problem...i do however lose my gun while i am walking through buildings and through tight corner etc. Not sure if this is a bug but it happens once in a while.

coot, good team work last night...i love how we teamed up and just take down flags. smile

See you guys tonight!

Tiger

Last edited by Tiger_BiH; 11/29/11 04:13 PM.
#3464408 - 11/29/11 05:58 PM Re: BF3 SimHQ server feedback... [Re: fatty]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: fatty
I've had very strange experiences on the SimHQ server lately. Sometimes when joining, it appears from my perspective that the server has switched back to softcore mode - I have crosshairs, ammo count HUD, red triangles pointing out enemy locations, etc. Originally, I thought the server had switched back to softcore (hence my mention of it in my first post in this thread). But after playing last night with XRoK and Dec, it appears that this is only affecting me and nobody else on the server. Usually exiting the game and rejoining resets it back to the true server settings. I've only ever seen this on SimHQ. Anyone else experience this?

^ l33t h@x0r ^

No, I've not seen that - are you running procon at the same time?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.