Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3434069 - 11/14/11 10:58 PM AirPlayit: Free PC to IOS Video Streamer  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
I've been looking at a way to stream my PC video collection to IOS for sometime but had put the idea on the back burner until recently. Searching again I came across the free Air Playit video streaming app for IOS (iphone/Ipad). This app can take video (most any format) and using your PC, will convert it and stream it to an IOS device. You just download the free app and then the free streamer from the website, you then identify the folders on your PC that you wish to make available. For local streaming little set-up is needed and you can start streaming as soon as you identify the folders. To make the streaming available through wi-fi and 3/4G networks you just need to open a router port and get the PC's IP address. Not only does the app allow you to stream but download video content as well. Personally I prefer streaming so to not use up disk space but if you were going to be out of a network area downloads are a welcome addition. The various file types this player makes it a sort of VLC player (minus all the functionality) for mobile devices. Its great being able to watch any of my video content from just about anywhere. By far the best is I have access to said content and can watch in bed with headphones and not disturb my lovely wife. Who is not so lovely when disturbed in sleep!

This streamer can also do MP3s and I think might do photos as well. Hope this is useful to someone.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3435048 - 11/16/11 08:40 AM Re: AirPlayit: Free PC to IOS Video Streamer [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
If you have problems with this and want to change up to a payware one that so far has worked with hardly a crash (and produces conversions you can view on consoles like PS3), I highly recommend the near hassle free Air Video iPhone/PC/Mac system from:

http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/index.html

I use both regularly according to need.

#3462676 - 11/26/11 11:06 PM Re: AirPlayit: Free PC to IOS Video Streamer [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
So far so good here, for a free app this is great. Did I mention no in app ads (like other "free" apps). After playing with this I definitely recommend it.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.