Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3433155 - 11/13/11 06:09 PM weapon effectivness  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
OK....
I'm new to this online malarky, so just went on a random server, I know Ihave a crappy weapon when I start, but if I shoot someone at pointblank range on auto, shouldnt they die ? not turn round and kill me with their first and only shot ?
Maybe I'm not understanding something here ?!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3433165 - 11/13/11 06:28 PM Re: weapon effectivness [Re: valleyboy]  
DayGlow Offline
DayGlow  Offline

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
How many rounds hit on auto? Regular servers it takes around 5 body shots to kill while hardcore servers around 3. If you spray you maybe getting limbs. Another player with an upgraded gun may get more hits in the core on full auto, or headshot for a quick kill.

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong...I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives
#3433188 - 11/13/11 07:17 PM Re: weapon effectivness [Re: valleyboy]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Also as a recent n00b myself with a similar experience, try doing short bursts instead of full auto, I noticed bursts are a lot more accurate and actually get me kills where full auto madness seems to let the other guy kill me most of the time.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#3433196 - 11/13/11 07:36 PM Re: weapon effectivness [Re: valleyboy]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
This is BF3 not ArmA... I would suggest a hardcore server... the hits are more damaging. JMO

#3433199 - 11/13/11 07:41 PM Re: weapon effectivness [Re: valleyboy]  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
I played a few games with auto turned off for better acuracy, same thing, I can shoot them at close range a few times and it doesnt kill, they just turn around and bam... Im dead...

One instance I accidentaly came round a corner with 4 bad guys there, not a lot I could do so just pulled the trigger and still, none of them dead, and I get killed... suppose I have to unlock something with a bit more punch on it ?!

Played a few co-op games with my mate and preffered them, at least I can get a good weapon to start with !

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#3433260 - 11/13/11 09:40 PM Re: weapon effectivness [Re: valleyboy]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Play on Hardcore as it takes 2 magazines to kill anyone on normal (unless you're a sniper....bloody snipers!) but I have also noticed this recently and since they announced that the PB had been hacked I have people running full speed and instantly snap and headshot in one movement. Very odd.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3433263 - 11/13/11 09:42 PM Re: weapon effectivness [Re: valleyboy]  
Tiger_BiH Offline
Tiger_BiH  Offline

If you are shoring at close range, you an go full auto, at medium to long distance you want to do burst. Tr to aim for the head shots, usually one burst to head kills if you can place the shots.

I am also not sure what gun you are using, generally speaking US has better rifles in the beginig. It took me a while to unlock G36C, and its an excellent rifle for close to medium range.

#3433296 - 11/13/11 10:18 PM Re: weapon effectivness [Re: valleyboy]  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
First game I played, I got shot by a sniper as soon as I spawned.. then I re=spawned, and got shot by the same sniper again... next time I respawned it was in a different place, so I ran just incase!

Ive noticed something isnt right in the game, just takes too much to kill, yet you get killed far too quickly against some people.... quite infuriating when you start out and all your weapons are crap ! well, I seem to have unlocked a scope for something... fat lot of good that will do ! bit weary of the hardcore side of things, as Im still a nooob at this, but its driving me mad that something doesnt quite add up with gameplay on normal !

#3433309 - 11/13/11 10:28 PM Re: weapon effectivness [Re: valleyboy]  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
Well, I seem to have a few kills under my belt, but it's been mostly the run around like a headless chicken and shoot in a general direction, as the instant you stop to aim you are dead, even if you get a few shots off at them first.... Can't see how something like this is supposed to draw in newcomers as it is far too difficult going up against people with one shot wonder weapons, when like Mace said you need to pump several rounds into them to have any effect ! Maybe I'm just grumpy!? or has playing singleplayer on ArmA and the old Ghost Recon made me soft for such games ?! where move, cover, shoot doesnt end up with you being dead because someone the other side of the map shot you.
Even got stuck in a game where the other side decided to arm up with RPG's and fire the crap out of a narrow passage way... no chance of a decent game then !

#3433320 - 11/13/11 10:37 PM Q [Re: valleyboy]  
Tiger_BiH Offline
Tiger_BiH  Offline

Originally Posted By: valleyboy
Well, I seem to have a few kills under my belt, but it's been mostly the run around like a headless chicken and shoot in a general direction, as the instant you stop to aim you are dead, even if you get a few shots off at them first.... Can't see how something like this is supposed to draw in newcomers as it is far too difficult going up against people with one shot wonder weapons, when like Mace said you need to pump several rounds into them to have any effect ! Maybe I'm just grumpy!? or has playing singleplayer on ArmA and the old Ghost Recon made me soft for such games ?! where move, cover, shoot doesnt end up with you being dead because someone the other side of the map shot you.
Even got stuck in a game where the other side decided to arm up with RPG's and fire the crap out of a narrow passage way... no chance of a decent game then !

I dont know man i can only tell you to play with us, i think you might have more fun. We comunicate a lot and as a result of that probably avoid a lot of dieing etc.

One thing that is great about BF3 is you have of ways to kill an enemy. If a sniper is giving problems, grab a tank and send few shells his way. Grab a sniper rifle your self and snipe him down if he is at the same location.

#3433322 - 11/13/11 10:44 PM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
WynnTTr Offline
WynnTTr  Offline

It's cliche but this isn't CoD where you go solo. Stick to your squad and you'll find out that you'll have alot more fun in BF3. Getting revived doesn't add a death, hence doesn't add to K/D ratio, which doesn't make you feel so bad for being hit. Get the massive points for re-suppying/healing and watch your rank skyrocket. Be the engineer and feel the satisfaction of disabling a vehicle then killing it while being supported with ammo.. or get more points for unlocks/rank by repairing.

If you're playing solo or lonewolf the game is going to suck. Expect to be sniped, unsupported and just plain fodder.

None of your friends play BF3? No problem, then the emphasis is more on you to stick to your squad and if not them your entire team. It really is safety in numbers with this game - and it really is more fun with more around you. Plus you get heaps of points as well.

#3433338 - 11/13/11 11:15 PM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
Dirt_Diver Offline
Dirt_Diver  Offline

Valley, do you have a console or PC? If you have a console then you might want to check this article out ...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3432724/So_People_wont_die_for_you_TRY.html#Post3432724

If you want to have some point and click fun, you might want to try Modern Warfare 3.

Battlefield 3 is a different animal.

I’m no expert but I find shooting in Battlefield 3 requires a lot of finesse. You have to lead your target and also allow for bullet drop. Definitely don’t move around in semi-auto. I always move around in full-auto “just in case” and only switch to semi when the medium/long opportunity presents itself. If you're in full-auto, then bursting two or three shots off at a time is always the best bet for medium range. Even at close range, burst a few shots off at their heads, repeat if necessary smile

Running across and quickly prioritizing a group of targets is another story. One scenario I can think of that happens to me more often than not is finding a group of guys (maybe two or three) moving column formation to an objective. In that situation I always try to hit the last guy first so that the rest don’t see what’s going down.

Anyway, don’t worry too much about the “crappiness” of weapons (I haven’t found a crappy weapon in BF3 yet). Just try to concentrate on getting the bullets that the weapon fires on target.

|| Intel Quad Core Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || nVidia GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB || 8 GB Corsair DDR2 || Win 7 64bit ||
|| Logitech G500 Mouse || Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Gear || Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Quadrant || Saitek X52 Pro Hotas || TrackIR 5 ||
#3433372 - 11/14/11 12:29 AM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
U-96 Offline
%!#Stack Overflow#!%
U-96  Offline
%!#Stack Overflow#!%
Hotshot

It doesn't take long to learn a map and where people run through/for or hide. set yourself up to cover these zones and reap the rewards.

Also, occasionally cap the flags where nothing is happening - if you can do it with your squad, even better. Behind the front lines can be a pretty safe place because your opponents are usually focused on pushing forward.

#3433394 - 11/14/11 01:13 AM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
There's a glitch, at least on 360 where people can go invulnerable except for a shotgun to the head or RPG. I don't know what they do, but earlier I put 2 rifle magazines and 1 pistol mag into a player who didn't die. Blood going all over the place. The others in my group noticed 2 players that seemed to keep doing in from round to round. Another glitch seems to do with having no kills but crazy points--not just capturing and defending. One guy was getting 6000 pts a round with no kills for a few games.
Sucks the fun out of it, they need to get this patched ASAP.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3433429 - 11/14/11 02:56 AM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
toohooah Offline
toohooah  Offline

What I try to do is aim center mass, with a full auto weapon the recoil pushes the rifle up. If you can keep the weapon under control you can get a lot of headshots.

#3434014 - 11/14/11 09:59 PM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
OK... I unlocked a scope... how do I get to use it?, as it doesnt show up in weapons listings....

p.s. the flashlights are really annoying now.. shotgun v flashlight.... seems the flashlight wins if he shines in your face cos Ive been up close and personal and missed! though got more kills with a shotgun so far !

#3434041 - 11/14/11 10:39 PM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
Tiger_BiH Offline
Tiger_BiH  Offline

Originally Posted By: valleyboy
OK... I unlocked a scope... how do I get to use it?, as it doesnt show up in weapons listings....

p.s. the flashlights are really annoying now.. shotgun v flashlight.... seems the flashlight wins if he shines in your face cos Ive been up close and personal and missed! though got more kills with a shotgun so far !

You can add the scope by selecting Customize under the main menu and then lodout for your gun.

#3434043 - 11/14/11 10:41 PM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
PFunk Offline
SimHQ Redneck
PFunk  Offline
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran

N. Central Texas
The only reason I play now is to try to get my $60 out of it. I don't see it happening.

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
#3434051 - 11/14/11 10:46 PM Re: Q [Re: valleyboy]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
I was just going to message you on XBL and say "for someone who don't like the game, you sure play alot", lol... but now i know why... but i also notice you don't play with anyone... if you would play with some fellow SimHQ'ers you'd have a better time i bet. wink

#3434053 - 11/14/11 10:47 PM Re: Q [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
PFunk Offline
SimHQ Redneck
PFunk  Offline
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran

N. Central Texas
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
There's a glitch, at least on 360 where people can go invulnerable except for a shotgun to the head or RPG. I don't know what they do, but earlier I put 2 rifle magazines and 1 pistol mag into a player who didn't die. Blood going all over the place. The others in my group noticed 2 players that seemed to keep doing in from round to round. Another glitch seems to do with having no kills but crazy points--not just capturing and defending. One guy was getting 6000 pts a round with no kills for a few games.
Sucks the fun out of it, they need to get this patched ASAP.

I just got out of a match where a guy went 55 for 6, had an insane number of points, something like 7000. Ridiculous.

I wish Nov 15 would get here faster. I'm waiting on the PC version of Arkham City.

@ Mag: None of you guys are playing when I am. I would, but it's just kind of pointless. Like I said, I spent $60, I want my money out of it.

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.