Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3421539 - 10/30/11 03:54 PM Re: A damn shame [Re: Wodin]  
Bearcat99 Offline
Bearcat99  Offline

USA
Well if you recall the plans to beef up WoP were scratched for WoP .. but the concerns in WoP were very real and very well documented..and since they will obviously not be supporting both products myself like some of the other "old 90s simmers who need something to complain about.." rolleyes figured that perhaps they would at least make good in their statements..

MMO is not for everyone.. we all didn't come from the FA/AH/WB communities that some of the folks in here came from.. I find that being in a server with 60+ planes becomes kind of problematic anyway.. especially when you have so many ahistoric lone wolves ... but that's my experience. Regardless to what some of you may think, not addressing the offline possibilities is IMO a shortsighted mistake that will alienate a large group of folks unnecessarily.. YOU guys may be happy but I guarantee you that there will be lost sales over this fact.. and hopefully they will come to their senses with some kind of offline possibilities.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3422140 - 10/31/11 08:12 AM Re: A damn shame [Re: Bearcat99]  
Cyrill Offline
Cyrill  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
I guarantee you that there will be lost sales over this fact.

I love how people claim 'lost sales' over a free to play game

#3422177 - 10/31/11 11:44 AM Re: A damn shame [Re: Cyrill]  
Evil Flower Offline
Evil Flower  Offline

Eslöv, Sverige
Originally Posted By: Cyrill
Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
I guarantee you that there will be lost sales over this fact.

I love how people claim 'lost sales' over a free to play game

But! But! But! Games are something you buy once for $60 and play on your own, just like in the good old 90's. Why did they have to change things. Why did they have to destroy the sim hobby. I will vote with my wallet and not buy this free game I tell you!

#3422292 - 10/31/11 02:54 PM Re: A damn shame [Re: Wodin]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
omg LOL
well EF, for your information there was nothing wrong with the 90s wink Maybe you were born that decade??

I really look forward to see this title come alive, and beeing an "online flyer only" the fact that it will not support any offline solo gaming is not a biggy for me. However, we all have different taste, and I know that there are many who love/loved to fly a well designed solo dynamic campaign. There is nothing wrong to feel sad that this title will not support these wishes.

Then again we have no clue either if it will be a success as an MMO either ..until it's released.

2 cents

Last edited by F19_Klunk; 10/31/11 02:55 PM.

http://www.svaf.net
Nobody can hear you scream.. in an open cockpit
#3422410 - 10/31/11 05:54 PM Re: A damn shame [Re: F19_Klunk]  
Evil Flower Offline
Evil Flower  Offline

Eslöv, Sverige
Originally Posted By: F19_Klunk
omg LOL
well EF, for your information there was nothing wrong with the 90s wink Maybe you were born that decade??

Nah, I was born in 81 so I grew up with sims from F-15 Strike Eagle and Ace on C-64 all the way through the classic 90's sims. Still I realize that one cannot turn back the clock to the good old days so I tend to go with the changing times and try to make the best of them.

Quote:
I really look forward to see this title come alive, and beeing an "online flyer only" the fact that it will not support any offline solo gaming is not a biggy for me. However, we all have different taste, and I know that there are many who love/loved to fly a well designed solo dynamic campaign. There is nothing wrong to feel sad that this title will not support these wishes.

Well the problem is that few games have ever gotten the solo dynamic campaign right, and the one that did (F4) killed like 3 different developers before it finally came out. Even then it took years before it evolved into something really good. However Il-2:1946 and Il-2 CloD aren't going anywhere fast so I'd rather have diversity than everybody doing their own thing.

#3422578 - 10/31/11 09:50 PM Re: A damn shame [Re: Wodin]  
F19_Klunk Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado
F19_Klunk  Offline
Cr@p Plane aficionado

Somewhere, Meatball land
I hear ya

I guess I am blessed with the fact that I don't pine for an offline sim even though I feel for those who do. No shame in preying for something you want.
Myself, I want great online experience. Flying for a decade with IL2 would have never been possible if I only flew offline, it is multiplayer that does it for me, to hang out and fly with my fellow squad mates.

Now I couldn't agree more about C(l)oD. As "she" is now she is just a great looking high maintenance (HUGE demands on hardware) gal; great to look at but very little substance. Beside the fact that I can't run her decent enough on MY hardware, she has very little to offer in terms on flyable planes, different theatres of war etc: IL2 has really set the standard for me in those terms.

That is why .. for me, this title look very promising; as you said - it is coming fast as it is built on an already built sim (which I have but again.. bad multiplayer ni WoP), lots of flyables, lots a possible theatres of war.... YES I DO hope this may be the well earned heir to IL2.. if CloD can't be it...

But for me, they have to deliver some things for me to take the plunge; realistic FM/DM (better than that WoP) different theatres of war, they don't forget bombers (cockpits) and yes... bigger maps than in WoP... dont demand CRAYcomputers to run it. etc etc amongst many many things:D

So I keep hoping biggrin

http://www.svaf.net
Nobody can hear you scream.. in an open cockpit
#3422707 - 11/01/11 12:30 AM Re: A damn shame [Re: F19_Klunk]  
Evil Flower Offline
Evil Flower  Offline

Eslöv, Sverige
Originally Posted By: F19_Klunk
I hear ya

I guess I am blessed with the fact that I don't pine for an offline sim even though I feel for those who do. No shame in preying for something you want.
Myself, I want great online experience. Flying for a decade with IL2 would have never been possible if I only flew offline, it is multiplayer that does it for me, to hang out and fly with my fellow squad mates.

Now I couldn't agree more about C(l)oD. As "she" is now she is just a great looking high maintenance (HUGE demands on hardware) gal; great to look at but very little substance. Beside the fact that I can't run her decent enough on MY hardware, she has very little to offer in terms on flyable planes, different theatres of war etc: IL2 has really set the standard for me in those terms.

That is why .. for me, this title look very promising; as you said - it is coming fast as it is built on an already built sim (which I have but again.. bad multiplayer ni WoP), lots of flyables, lots a possible theatres of war.... YES I DO hope this may be the well earned heir to IL2.. if CloD can't be it...

But for me, they have to deliver some things for me to take the plunge; realistic FM/DM (better than that WoP) different theatres of war, they don't forget bombers (cockpits) and yes... bigger maps than in WoP... dont demand CRAYcomputers to run it. etc etc amongst many many things:D

So I keep hoping biggrin

I actually meant that as in the context of the various Il-2's having the singleplayer bit covered. As far as this game being some sort of heir to Il-2 - If you really hope for that you're probably going to end up disappointed IMO. All signs point towards Gaijin doing "sim-lite" games and I don't think this will be any different. As for me I'm quite content with something like Ace Combat-type game with more realistic physics and combat, given that this kind of "in-between" doesn't really exist in the market.

#3422833 - 11/01/11 04:29 AM Re: A damn shame [Re: Wodin]  
Reschke Offline
Plankowner
Reschke  Offline
Plankowner

Vestavia, AL
I am really not understanding the reasoning behind these Russian game coders pushing for this online only stuff. Things like World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, World of Planes, etc... they just have ZERO substance to them and apparently no real life beyond the micro-transactions that end up being necessary to play and have a good experience. Whatever happened to selling an outstanding game that was COMPLETED with a minimum of bugs and a realistic ability to get enjoyment out of the game WHILE not having to potentially spend hundreds of dollars on the game to get said enjoyment.

Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
#3422930 - 11/01/11 10:06 AM Re: A damn shame [Re: Wodin]  
Evil Flower Offline
Evil Flower  Offline

Eslöv, Sverige
Well for starters there are about >30 million WoW players who would disagree with online-only games having no substance.

#3423223 - 11/01/11 06:21 PM Re: A damn shame [Re: Wodin]  
NattyIced Offline
NattyIced  Offline

Online wars have more substance than any offline single player campaign I've ever played.

#3436337 - 11/18/11 12:55 AM Re: A damn shame [Re: Wodin]  
Mizzy Offline
Mizzy  Offline

Online is the way forward I admit, but I am too old to adapt or be interested in playing with 12 year olds or whoever. Also I thought that the games I have played online had a fantastic single player experience (battlezone, Half-Life, Quake 2) that primed me for wanting to play online...that may be a mistake for the developers to overlook!.

Mizzy

#3436703 - 11/18/11 05:05 PM Re: A damn shame [Re: Mizzy]  
Desode Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE
Desode  Offline
Ps3 & 360 GT : DESODE

I dont think this is going to be free.
I for one have Never heard them say the game will be free.
I think that you will buy the game just like any other and then there will be No monthly MMO fee to play from there on out.

If there has been new information on this that I dont know of then please fill me in.

Desode

Forumrunners.com When you crave teamwork at the Highest Level ! Were waiting for you !

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.