Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3416465 - 10/23/11 10:06 AM Re: Whats the current state of this sim ? [Re: commorange]  
Bokononist Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Bokononist  Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver

Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)
How about Steam, the most popular digital download platform, not the only one mind, the most popular, if you judge a PC games availability in the shops as a measure of its success then pc gaming itself is 'doomed' lol. As for the speculation on why this game will not get any support beyond next week or the week after next, I personally will reserve my thoughts on that matter until it actually happens. As for the state of the game on release, yes I was quite upset about that too, but that was six months ago now, I reserve arguments about things that happened six months ago that are no longer happening for my wife. Smile2
As for the state of the sim now, much better than it was on release, huge amounts of fun online, of course there are things that need improving but nothing so big that would make it impossible for me to play in the mean time. I'm very much looking forward to the promised improvements in fm dm and the new graphics engine, and I have no other reason than the speculation of some, that this won't happen.

Last edited by Bokononist; 10/23/11 01:33 PM. Reason: staying on topic!

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3416589 - 10/23/11 04:03 PM Re: Whats the current state of this sim ? [Re: robtek]  
Robusti Offline
Robusti  Offline

Originally Posted By: robtek
I really don't understand this fixation on fsaa???

Thats only eye-candy, having nothing to do with the simulation part.

AA is just eye candy? Thats a new lame excuse for for broken unfinished software. Skins are just eye candy, but if this game had no skins it would be a disaster too.

Dude AA is just basic now like screen res above 600x 800. The sim shimmers like crazy without it....and that does effect the sim experience.

This excuse reminds me of "calibrate your monitors, there is nothing wrong with the colours." LOL

#3416601 - 10/23/11 04:28 PM Re: Whats the current state of this sim ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Chivas said:

Quote:
Constantly trashing the sim, driving away sales, while still hoping that COD will get finished is the real joke here.

Constantly polishing the crystal ball gets tiresome too.

This is a chicken and egg argument, whichever side you're on. The game has been slated for well-documented reasons, and certain aspects priased equally for well-documented reasons. It's all been done to death. Yawn.

It gets trashed because it's bad, it's bad because it gets trashed so people dont buy....? Round and round....

It is an insult to people's intelligence to suggest that animosity is only there to repel furure or potential buyers. Peopel are angry because they feel let down. Soem also feel mis-led or lied-to. That let-down came from lots of things - missing features on release, apparently poor advertising and pre-release information, woeful project management, glib dev updates since release, varying quality of patches (one step forward, two steps back etc)...interspersed with genuine improvements.

But let's face it. It was awful on release and nowhere near the game promised. It still isn't. That puts added emphasis onthe tone and quality of the updates.

And this was one very big egg laid by one very small chicken smile

Ben

#3416614 - 10/23/11 05:00 PM Re: Whats the current state of this sim ? [Re: falstaff]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
But why so agressive Icarus, it's just a game and a bunch of gamers sharing ideas

#3416659 - 10/23/11 06:45 PM Re: Whats the current state of this sim ? [Re: bisher]  
Robusti Offline
Robusti  Offline

Originally Posted By: bisher
But why so agressive Icarus, it's just a game and a bunch of gamers sharing ideas

Not trying to be agressive. Sorry if you thought that. But as Falstaff states it is tiring to witness the constant crystal ball polishing when the game is clearly frought with problems. My point is made and I'm out.

#3416750 - 10/23/11 10:29 PM Re: Whats the current state of this sim ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
The tone of this thread is quickly heading into an area which is not acceptable for the purposes of this forum.

Please review the forum agreement. We no longer give out more than one warning for any post that may be interpreted as a personal attack (ad hominum, speculation on motives/psychology or criticism of conduct).

If you have a serious issue with another poster's actions - please report the post or contact one of the moderators for advice.

Thank you,

-Avimimus

Last edited by Avimimus; 10/23/11 10:36 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.