Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3409732 - 10/13/11 10:36 PM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
Before they year is out.

We will be rolling out serial updates like the Minecraft model.

Richard - You Have Control
Tricubic Studios Ltd. (dev blog)
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3409945 - 10/14/11 04:35 AM Re: ETA? [Re: Flexman]  
jetherjr Offline
jetherjr  Offline

Originally Posted By: Flexman
I'd hate to be responsible for any anxiety.

I will say that I am trying very hard to push for a paybeta for the holidays with an auto-update system so we can make rolling upgrades. The paybeta (or Prologue) is for those chaps kind hearted enough to support the completion effort and in return you get something to play with. Plus, come the full release (if you're not bored by it all already), you get to play with all the goodies from the gunnery range in the full version.

I need to make an announcement regarding what to expect with regard to features, this announcement will appear on the official site probably at the end of this month.

We have tentatively agreed to publish a roadmap and schedule regular updates once the Gunnery range is released, everyone will know when (approx) the next upgrade is coming and what it will contain.

Networking and multiplayer *won't* be active in the first release but will appear at some point in the Prologue for testing. The Hellfire missile system won't be available but will be the among the first major updates (major bugs permitting). Also speech assets are still missing with the exception of the avionics.

We have talked about adding a simple bare bones mission script system so you can knock up some challenges of your own, a simple text based script anyone can edit in Notepad. A full editor will be forthcoming. Some areas are a little rough and everything is subject to changes.

So with that big health warning, don't even consider if you can't live with unfinished software. If you just want to help, by all means. We get more funds this way than by you spending 20 dollars on a t-shirt for which we might see 2 dollars. Also remember we're just 2.5 people and this production was funded out of my own pocket and the teams (enormous) goodwill. Don't expect a AAA title from a 20 strong team with a 10 million dollar budget.

I signed the cheques, wrote the code, tweaked the shaders, designed the core systems, blogged about it for two years and published the damn thing. So if it's a load of rubbish then it's nothing to do with me. It's all Daves fault and he made me do it. *cough*

Whatever the price and buy ma beta version, to help and tb inccentivar the beautiful work you have done.

I repeat I will buy and I'm sure that everyone within the community in which I belong also bought.

I'll be watching. And do not feel responsible for my anxiety, "was only figure of speech" to say his impressive trablho yarn.

Again Congratulations and thank you for it.

I can then hopefully be able to test the simulator before the End of the Year?
santa

PS: In developing the simulator did you have help from some real helicopter pilot? I have seen that all simulators released to date do not have a physical (in game) near the real (real physics). What I've been testing and seeing what a little bit and FSX approaches and yet still leaves much to be desired. I am a helicopter pilot and say that the cyclical sensitivity of the command is wanting. In fact he often asks to say: We think it (helicopter) does, which is so sensitive.
I know it is hard to simulate 100% but could reach about 90% ^ at least. jajajajaja

Best rergards

Jether

#3415590 - 10/21/11 11:43 PM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
McDaniel Offline
McDaniel  Offline

WOW

great idea with the pay..play..beta!

Cant wait to support this!

McDan out

ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 965 4x4,1GHz | 12GB DDR3-1600 | GTX 480| TM Warthog| Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | 2x Samsung U70 with TM Cougar as MFD's
#3415664 - 10/22/11 01:43 AM Re: ETA? [Re: Flexman]  
Retroredeye Offline
Retroredeye  Offline

Just make sure to make a bunch of noise when we can start giving you money. Also keep up the good work, what you've got looks fantastic.

#3415902 - 10/22/11 01:29 PM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
Yeah, get a banner up on SimHQ.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3417932 - 10/25/11 10:50 AM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
Froglips Offline
Froglips  Offline

Indianapolis, IN
Flexman,
Long time no talk:) Great to see you have been busy.

I was looking through the feature list. I saw you are exporting MFDs. Are the rest of the cockpit controls exported/accessable for cockpit builders? How about for Helios or TouchBuddy, etc.

Froggie

Kurt "Froglips" Giesselman

wishing someone would do a two seat sim like LB2...I ain't much of a pilot but I am a helava good shot.

System specs: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, AMD Phenon II X4 955, o/c 3.6mHz, 16GB dual channel DDR3 16000 RAM, 2 x Palit 560Ti 2GB video cards in SLI, 2 x WD Raptors 37GB RAID 0 array (System), Corsair 64GB SSHD (Sims), 2 x Hitachi 200GB RAID 1 array (Data), TIR 4, Auria 26" main display, HP 21.5" Helios display, XKeys Pro panel, Copy Cat Controls cyclic/collective/rudder
#3418221 - 10/25/11 05:29 PM Re: ETA? [Re: Flexman]  
jaegermeister Offline
jaegermeister  Offline

Walking point
I'd hate to be responsible for any anxiety.

I will say that I am trying very hard to push for a paybeta for the holidays with an auto-update system so we can make rolling upgrades. The paybeta (or Prologue) is for those chaps kind hearted enough to support the completion effort and in return you get something to play with. Plus, come the full release (if you're not bored by it all already), you get to play with all the goodies from the gunnery range in the full version.

I need to make an announcement regarding what to expect with regard to features, this announcement will appear on the official site probably at the end of this month.

We have tentatively agreed to publish a roadmap and schedule regular updates once the Gunnery range is released, everyone will know when (approx) the next upgrade is coming and what it will contain.

Networking and multiplayer *won't* be active in the first release but will appear at some point in the Prologue for testing. The Hellfire missile system won't be available but will be the among the first major updates (major bugs permitting). Also speech assets are still missing with the exception of the avionics.

We have talked about adding a simple bare bones mission script system so you can knock up some challenges of your own, a simple text based script anyone can edit in Notepad. A full editor will be forthcoming. Some areas are a little rough and everything is subject to changes.

So with that big health warning, don't even consider if you can't live with unfinished software. If you just want to help, by all means. We get more funds this way than by you spending 20 dollars on a t-shirt for which we might see 2 dollars. Also remember we're just 2.5 people and this production was funded out of my own pocket and the teams (enormous) goodwill. Don't expect a AAA title from a 20 strong team with a 10 million dollar budget.

I signed the cheques, wrote the code, tweaked the shaders, designed the core systems, blogged about it for two years and published the damn thing. So if it's a load of rubbish then it's nothing to do with me. It's all Daves fault and he made me do it. *cough*

Hi Flexman,

I am ready to pay. Roll out the beta when you get ready. I just hope I don't miss the announcement.
By th holidays sounds fantastic.

Jaeger

Last edited by jaegermeister; 10/25/11 05:29 PM.
#3418362 - 10/25/11 08:02 PM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
In case you missed the news on my blog, since that post Dave has had to leave due to the flooding in the country and no longer able to keep in touch. I don't know what the knock on effect is going to be work wise. I need his help with a number of things in the coming weeks.

I'm still fixing up my end but I'm more concerned about his well-being.

Richard - You Have Control
Tricubic Studios Ltd. (dev blog)
#3418416 - 10/25/11 09:20 PM Re: ETA? [Re: Flexman]  
jaegermeister Offline
jaegermeister  Offline

Walking point
In case you missed the news on my blog, since that post Dave has had to leave due to the flooding in the country and no longer able to keep in touch. I don't know what the knock on effect is going to be work wise. I need his help with a number of things in the coming weeks.

I'm still fixing up my end but I'm more concerned about his well-being.

Hi Flexman,

I trust everything will work out well for Dave and you of course.
Sorry to hear that "you've" run into some obstacles. I am a patient person.
What I want is for "you" to finish or move the project along at your priority.

"You Have Control"
Be well.

Jaeger.

Last edited by jaegermeister; 10/25/11 09:20 PM.
#3420187 - 10/28/11 08:08 AM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
BabaLooey Offline
BabaLooey  Offline

Croatia
I'm ready to support beta, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to talk few of my buddies into this.
Some of them are very interested into this project and asked me to forward their support and best wishes to Dave on his rescue smile

#3420209 - 10/28/11 10:09 AM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
Keithb77 Offline
Keithb77  Offline

UK
Paybeta sounds good to me.
I've written a lot of freeware mission editors etc etc (MS CFS, Strikefighters, Longbow) and would be happy to do the same for CH.
See here for some examples.
Drop me a PM if interested.
Cheers
Keith

#3421199 - 10/29/11 08:34 PM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
Executioner Offline
Executioner  Offline

Amazing the things that can get in the way of development in a small team.

Good luck to Dave - supposed to be more flooding due after midnight tonight (in Thailand - but UK time) frown

Martin...

#3423091 - 11/01/11 03:54 PM Re: ETA? [Re: Mace71]  
LucasBriggs Offline
LucasBriggs  Offline

Just wanted to post and let you know that i would be glad to pay for a betarelease. I have been following the project for quite some while now and really like what I see smile

So good luck and I hope that everyting goes well for Dave as well!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.