Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3403079 - 10/04/11 10:57 AM in-game sound  
oscarklein Offline
oscarklein  Offline

Hey i loved the video but next time i would love to have a more raw video showcasing more of the sound insted of background music.
I guess sound is one of the areas that still is work ion progress bacause in the short range video the m230 chaingun has a placeholder sound of a .50 machine gun.
So if possible please let us hear more in-game sound alonf with footage in the future..

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3403107 - 10/04/11 12:03 PM Re: in-game sound [Re: oscarklein]  
Rich_Price Offline
Rich_Price  Offline

It would be great to see more in games videos etc.. but I think the teams efforts are best spent on the development of CH and getting it released, you can then listen and do everything you want to your hearts content. Not many new releases have this amount of info released about them before actual release so I think we are incredibly lucky to have seen everything we have so far!!

BR

Rich

#3403159 - 10/04/11 02:01 PM Re: in-game sound [Re: oscarklein]  
Flexman Offline
Flexman  Offline

Leeds, England
I know it irritates some folks to have music they don't like over videos, it's not the first time it's been mentioned. But to me it's a throw away and I come from a retro Amiga scene which I like to pimp from time to time. It's often the music I'm listening to while developing the game so it has connections that way.

When it's time to put out some serious footage there'll be lots of in-game audio.

Be thankful I'm not into aggressive German death-metal bands.

Nobody commented on the "full speed" stinger which is amusing. People who know what movie it's from are clearly to ashamed to say smile

Richard - You Have Control
Tricubic Studios Ltd. (dev blog)
#3403228 - 10/04/11 03:46 PM Re: in-game sound [Re: Flexman]  
oscarklein Offline
oscarklein  Offline

Originally Posted By: Flexman
I know it irritates some folks to have music they don't like over videos, it's not the first time it's been mentioned. But to me it's a throw away and I come from a retro Amiga scene which I like to pimp from time to time. It's often the music I'm listening to while developing the game so it has connections that way.

When it's time to put out some serious footage there'll be lots of in-game audio.

Be thankful I'm not into aggressive German death-metal bands.

Nobody commented on the "full speed" stinger which is amusing. People who know what movie it's from are clearly to ashamed to say smile

Its not so much that i hate the music , the music was actually pretty good. But its more that i wanted to know what the sound was like in-game because it adds so much to the experience. I,ve seen the other video,s now and the sound just didnt seem done and i thought maybe some progress was done in this part.

Wasnt that last part from the movie space balls by any chance?

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.