Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
#3389348 - 09/13/11 07:27 PM Re: Gold at $1,340 [Re: oldgrognard]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
By the way you can get gold andf receive dividends. Some EFT's are set-up that they take a portion of gold value rise and pay dividends off it.

http://cookiejar.hubpages.com/hub/Dividend-Paying-Gold-Stocks

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3389425 - 09/13/11 09:08 PM Re: Gold at $1,340 [Re: oldgrognard]  
Rick.50cal Offline
Lifer
Rick.50cal  Offline
Lifer

Fear. Not silly fear. Real fear based on real numbers, not mushy slogans from talking heads assuring us all will be well. When the world's economy starts getting better, our first indication will be the price of gold dropping substantially over perhaps say two days. Then a bubble will blow perhaps 1/3 of that price. But if good times are back for real, it will continue a slow drop over months and years. A few will try to do that regardless of market conditions, as one highly controversial figure tried to do earlier this year. But if I mention his name that would make this topic WCE, and I'd rather keep this thread open. Turns out he just depressed the perceived value ONLY so he could buy a lot more gold at a better price! Made money off the sale, and then off the purchase (once he sells).

POLITICS, WAR, ECONOMY, CONTROVERSY! and other heated discussions and debates in the PWEC sub-forum at the bottom of this forum main page. See you there!
#3389461 - 09/13/11 10:05 PM Re: Gold at $1,340 [Re: oldgrognard]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Hunt brothers did that to silver. You need a lot more cash to do it in the gold market.
Only one guy I know would be able to pull that off, and would have the lack of scruples to do it. WinkNGrin

-------------------------------------

And Tim, it 'warms my heart' to see gold rise, "along with the market".....I'm into the market with my pension fund. If that fails, I lose a lot more.
So I need both.
If one stayed stagnant, I'd rather it be the market.

I have no control over any of it, so 'not' making money on gold, wishing it would fall when your invested in it, would really not be a smart move. I let the world sort itself out. I'm not the one degrading the dollar, and I'd be a fool to pass up a good investment.

Maybe I should have put it....'warms my heart to make money'.... wink .

Right now, my 'money' is on gold, but I'm watching it like a hawk, with my return box and tubes, all set to mail...and 'Northwest Territorial Mint' is on speed dial.

But I expect a drop, then a climb up to $2000 - $2500, at least.
Owning physical gold allows you to ride out the drops, you just don't make as much on the rise. Paper is dangerous, when you don't have the big bucks. They 'feed' off the day traders.

If silver goes much lower, it could be a good buy. Where else you gonna put new money? If you don't have gold, it's probably too late.
Anyone got any ideas for a small investment, I'm listening....but I never hear anything when I ask... wink
I'm watching silver.

"Murphy's Law"
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.