Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3385757 - 09/08/11 08:52 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! ***** [Re: Dirk98]  
RustyNOR Offline
RustyNOR  Offline

Oslo, Norway
I also downloaded and installed the Falcon 4 BMS but can’t seem to get a “wow moment”. I struggled for at least a couple of hours just to get the joystick Z axes to work. I use X52 Pro with SST software and is using the slider as zoom but can’t find any menu to tune axes. By default the slider is making zoom levels “shake” because it is so inaccurate and for other sims I tune the axes to defeat the problem. Can’t find this in Falcon 4 BMS.

I also have some issues with Norwegian keyboard and the configuration functions to remap keyboard is a mess. Anyone else with this problem or someone who can advice what to do? I have had a look at the provided spreadsheet with the keyboard functions but adjusting by using this and notepad+ directly in the keyboard config file will take weeks!

I’m also a bit disappointed regards of cockpit graphics. I have ATI 5870 and run 1920x1080 so it should be set to its best. I have not tried the sim yet after adjusting D3DOverrider to apply VSYNC and Triple buffering but I suspect it don’t give much regards the cockpit graphics. Anyone got a tip on if this is what there is or if I could have some wrong settings?
I will complete all the training missions using BeachAV8R training mission for Falcon 4 but it is going to take a long time just fiddling with settings in this sim I think.

PS! I also finished the settings and tested a dedicated server placed in Norway so I can host the default campaigns with good speed and FPS. Anyone wants to use a day or something on a dedicated server can contact me on PM here. I can also provide a TeamSpeak server. As far as I know the in game voice channels do not work in Windows 7 64 bit which is the OS of my server.

(R)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3385768 - 09/08/11 09:04 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: RustyNOR]  
Dirk98 Offline
Dirk98  Offline

Montgomery AL
Originally Posted By: RustyNOR
I also downloaded and installed the Falcon 4 BMS but can’t seem to get a “wow moment”. I struggled for at least a couple of hours just to get the joystick Z axes to work. I use X52 Pro with SST software and is using the slider as zoom but can’t find any menu to tune axes. By default the slider is making zoom levels “shake” because it is so inaccurate and for other sims I tune the axes to defeat the problem. Can’t find this in Falcon 4 BMS.

I also have some issues with Norwegian keyboard and the configuration functions to remap keyboard is a mess. Anyone else with this problem or someone who can advice what to do? I have had a look at the provided spreadsheet with the keyboard functions but adjusting by using this and notepad+ directly in the keyboard config file will take weeks!

I’m also a bit disappointed regards of cockpit graphics..
(R)

Let's make it clear, that at least first few disappointments that you mentioned were mainly due to the lack of your own knowledge, not the BMS's shortcomings. You could have covered most of the questions by reading Documents folder (there are quite a few pdfs) and asking on the boards.

Cheers,
Dirk.

Last edited by Dirk98; 09/08/11 09:05 PM.
#3385775 - 09/08/11 09:14 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Dirk98]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
I'm an old Falcon vet but I have to say I'm currently utterly confused. Are there BMS tutorials available somewhere?

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3385780 - 09/08/11 09:19 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Dirk98 Offline
Dirk98  Offline

Montgomery AL
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
I'm an old Falcon vet but I have to say I'm currently utterly confused. Are there BMS tutorials available somewhere?

Yes, there's a lot to read in the Docs/Falcon BMS Manuals folder and F-16 Checklists. You can also ask specific questions here or on benchmarksims forum. It's quite active these days, so you'll get answers to all you want to know in no time.

Cheers,
Dirk.

#3385817 - 09/08/11 10:14 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Dirk98]  
RustyNOR Offline
RustyNOR  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Dirk98

(R)

Let's make it clear, that at least first few disappointments that you mentioned were mainly due to the lack of your own knowledge, not the BMS's shortcomings. You could have covered most of the questions by reading Documents folder (there are quite a few pdfs) and asking on the boards.

Cheers,
Dirk.

Yes I understand that Dirk, but will you say that the possibility to change the ingame joystick and keyboard settings are working good? If you try to do one change it changes something completly different so you need to copy back the backup again! Takes for ever to get one setting right m8.

I got hold of an old Saitek X52 Pro profile but cant say I've seen any new ones around. A lot of settings on that profile is obsolete.

(R)

#3385935 - 09/09/11 01:34 AM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: RustyNOR]  
mirage2310 Offline
mirage2310  Offline

(R)

Cheers,
Dirk.

Yes I understand that Dirk, but will you say that the possibility to change the ingame joystick and keyboard settings are working good? If you try to do one change it changes something completly different so you need to copy back the backup again! Takes for ever to get one setting right m8.

I got hold of an old Saitek X52 Pro profile but cant say I've seen any new ones around. A lot of settings on that profile is obsolete.

(R)

I'm using X-52 pro also. I gave up playing Falcon 4:AL 3-4 years ago. But after 1 or 2 days playing with BMS I got familiar with the game. It's so awesome that I decided to suspend A-10c, LOFC2 and spend time for this "new" game.
To get the old keymap, I think you should load the "keystrokes" setting in the Setup/Control/Load instead of BMS, BMS confused me, too.

Last edited by mirage2310; 09/09/11 01:36 AM.

-- LQA --
#3386046 - 09/09/11 04:49 AM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: RustyNOR]  
Dirk98 Offline
Dirk98  Offline

Montgomery AL

(R)

Yes, absolutely, you can assign different ingame functions to your custom joysticks and keyboard keystrokes. First thing assign your axes to different controls in the Controls/Advanced section, then change keyboard / dx buttons assignments if needed. Make sure to save your custom changes. Over time you may also want to learn how to edit your keyboard file directly, out of the game. Generally the input assignments system is very logical and convenient on a par with other modern simulators. But you need to put in some time learning and understanding how it works. Ask your spesific questions.

Cheers,
Dirk.

#3386501 - 09/09/11 05:14 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Dirk98]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Yes, there's a lot to read in the Docs/Falcon BMS Manuals folder and F-16 Checklists. You can also ask specific questions here or on benchmarksims forum. It's quite active these days, so you'll get answers to all you want to know in no time.

Cheers,
Dirk.

Yep, there's definitely a lot to read. I'm really struggling here.

frown

For example: where could I find a step-by-step guide to employ Mavericks?

EDIT: never mind, I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Helps when your HOTAS controls finally work.

biggrin

Last edited by Para_Bellum; 09/09/11 05:30 PM.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3386510 - 09/09/11 05:32 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Dirk98]  
Zorg12 Offline
Zorg12  Offline

Copenhagen, Denmark
The BMS manual is very good, the functions I've searched for, has so far been answered for me there.

I will ignore all ideas for new works and engines of war, the invention of which has reached its limits and for whose improvement I see no further hope.

— Julius Frontinus, chief military engineer to the Emperor Vespasian, cica AD 70.
#3386525 - 09/09/11 05:52 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Dirk98 Offline
Dirk98  Offline

Montgomery AL
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
For example: where could I find a step-by-step guide to employ Mavericks?

Yeh, I know, we're all spoiled by BeachAV8R and then Wags and their terrific pictured and animated walk-throughs.

biggrin

Cheers,
Dirk.

Last edited by Dirk98; 09/09/11 05:53 PM.
#3386569 - 09/09/11 06:51 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Dirk98]  
AV8R Offline
AV8R  Offline

Southern California USA
Originally Posted By: BeachAV8R
It was lack of HDD space.. smile Thanks!

I read a good usage of your HDD would be less than 2/3rd at max. Then you start suffocating your programs running off that disk, something along these lines.

Cheers,
Dirk.

What is usually a good thing to do regularly, and especially before installing performance applications (like flight sims); is to defrag your HDD. This puts all the sim files in a contiguous area on the HDD, instead of being splashed all over the place as files get moved/copied/deleted/linked/unlinked/corrupted over time. An inefficient file structure results in poor performance, regardless of the technology used or built on. To even be able to defrag a sector or drive, there needs to be at least 15% free space. So having 2x that (30% or 1/3) free space is a reasonable head space to work with.

S!

AV8R
#3386570 - 09/09/11 06:53 PM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Dirk98]  
AV8R Offline
AV8R  Offline

Southern California USA

Shhhhh Dirk,

I think youre reading Beach's mind and stealing his thunder.

wink wink

AV8R
#3388085 - 09/12/11 04:30 AM Re: BMS-4 RELEASED! [Re: Pilgrim]  
Chris2525 Offline
Chris2525  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted By: Pilgrim
....Demer just posted some shots of the Libya theater he's working on.

I tried looking for these shots on the PMC site and came up empty. Could you post a link?

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 / Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz / 8192MB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / TM Warthog / Saitek Pro Fight Rudder Pedals / TrackIR5
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.