Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

(from the 1C forum):

Originally Posted By: KG26_Alpha;328558
Hi

Hyperlobby Public beta test ready for download

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8115

http://hyperfighter.sk/index.php

Please remember the Hyperlobby is a free software release for over 10 years that relies on voluntary donations to keep it running,
so put your hands in your pockets/under the bed/coffee pot/ find a few £ $ Eu's where possible and help out if you can please,
it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks on behalf of the HL team.

smile

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3378432 - 08/30/11 11:30 PM Re: HYPERLOBBY now with il-2 CoD [Re: Freycinet]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Info from Jiri at the download link:

Hello all

"IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" has been release few months ago. Initial version of the game had some issues so i decided wait for a while until i include it in HyperLobby supported games. After few patches and updates the game feel better and coming time to do something with it ...

The game itself is not fully compliant for HL requirements but its not anything than will break general HL functionality. I have some pending requests to 1C regarding those issues and hope they will implement em in the past. Presure from the community will be helpfull too

Known issues and requirements for the game and Steam settings to run HL correctly:
* Steam must be run and be in online mode.
* Disable "Steam cloud config storage", Click "View>Game list" menu in the Steam main interface, right click "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" item "Properties", then click tab "Updates" and uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover". Its because HL need mangle your ini files in order to setup game sessions correctly (Same way we do it in IL2 series for ten years).
* Hyperlobby cannot change your name in online game session, you must do it yourself in your Steam profile, Click "Steam>Settings" menu in the Steam main interface, Then click "Friends" tab and change your "Profile name"
* Hosting a game (not dedicated server) will not enter the game server screem like in IL2-1946, you must click it manually via the ingame menu "Multiplayer>Server".
* Dedicated server need special setup. Some hints you can found at 1C forum: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22038&highlight=dedicated+server .

Rest of other features you know from IL2-1946 working the same way. For users using HL only as game client anything should work without problems if Steam settings meet HL requirements. Before release of HL with support for "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" became public, we need pass a betatest. If you reading this post and trying to use this beta version of the HL you are part of the testing team. Since it i need you will check this thread regularly and post any issues related to this version of HL.

Any ingame issues (after you esteablish an online game) are game related. You should post those issues in to official game forum http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189 . It may help developers improve this game since its at this time under heavy development.

I have setup 24/7 dedicated server for testing HyperLobby client joining capabilites (HL_Dedicated). The closed testing show than this server is not much stable and if you found any issues, report em and i will restart the server.

This version of HL like latest one support automated server session startup via -a commandline parameter, so there is not problem automate dedicated server registration via HyperLobby ...

I update this thread regulary with updated beta release until all known issues will be fixed ...

Beta version 4.2.15 changelog:
* Initial support for game IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover.

To download this betaversion you must register hyperlobby forum here because during this open betatest we need direct users feedback."

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3378471 - 08/31/11 12:24 AM Re: HYPERLOBBY now with il-2 CoD [Re: Freycinet]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

It's nice that this is coming, but (innocent question) what's the advantage of HL over what we have now? Is it because people are wary of the Steam Friends/Community bits?

#3378493 - 08/31/11 01:15 AM Re: HYPERLOBBY now with il-2 CoD [Re: Freycinet]  
xnomad Offline
xnomad  Offline

Sydney, Australia
At the moment I can only think of one. HL is quicker to load. Currently you have to fire up COD to see how multiplayer is going, you then realise nobody is playing and leave. With HL you can do quick checks to see who's online and decide if you want to fire up COD and join. A smart phone app would be cool for this too by the way, saves you booting up your PC.

I hope that the lobbies are shared between HL and COD because with IL2 I reckon a few newcomers thought the MP side of the game was dead because they used the in game browser and didn't know about HL.

i5-2500K / P67A-UD3-B3 / GTX 560TI 1GB 900MHz OC
2 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM / Samsung 500GB Spinpoint F3 7200rpm / Antec TP 750 PSU / Win 7 HP 64bit / TrackIR 5 / MSFFB2 / CH Pro Throttle / CH Pro Pedals
#3378508 - 08/31/11 01:42 AM Re: HYPERLOBBY now with il-2 CoD [Re: xnomad]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: xnomad
At the moment I can only think of one. HL is quicker to load. Currently you have to fire up COD to see how multiplayer is going, you then realise nobody is playing and leave. With HL you can do quick checks to see who's online and decide if you want to fire up COD and join. A smart phone app would be cool for this too by the way, saves you booting up your PC.

I hope that the lobbies are shared between HL and COD because with IL2 I reckon a few newcomers thought the MP side of the game was dead because they used the in game browser and didn't know about HL.

Thanks xnomad, that makes sense. As it uses Steam server-side then API-wise it's not too bad to do that, i.e write a wee app that shows servers/players. I'll have a poke around as there might even be existing phone apps too.

Edit: Found one that works ok. Cool. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3379378/CloD_Server_iPhone_App.html#Post3379378

Last edited by FearlessFrog; 09/01/11 03:18 AM. Reason: iPose
#3379418 - 09/01/11 05:03 AM Re: HYPERLOBBY now with il-2 CoD [Re: Freycinet]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
This is good. One thing I don't care for as far as CoD goes is the multiplayer interface.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#3379460 - 09/01/11 06:19 AM Re: HYPERLOBBY now with il-2 CoD [Re: Freycinet]  
SsSsSsSsSnake Offline
SsSsSsSsSnake  Offline

Leicester UK
agreed Tom

ssssssssssssssssssssssssss
2600kI7.Corsair G60 liquid cooler.8gig corsair dominator,GTX580.64gig Crucial M4 ssd Win7 os.OCZ 120gig games SSD.Hazro 27" 2560x1440.
CH Fighter stick, CH pro throttle.CH rudder pedals.
#3379493 - 09/01/11 06:49 AM Re: HYPERLOBBY now with il-2 CoD [Re: Freycinet]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
I was surprised it wasn't supported from the beginning since HyperLobby is one of the links for supporters on the blog and has been since the IL-2 CloD official website opened.
http://il-2-sturmovik.ubi.com/cliffs-of-dovers/blog/uk/

IL2 community
  • Hyperfighter <---------------- This one
  • IL2: COD forum @ 1C
  • SimHQ

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.