Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3343053 - 07/16/11 01:46 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: Speyer]  
Tell Offline
Tell  Offline

Much the same here. I have now bought FSX, A2A Spitfire, REX,UTX & GEX. I don't fret COD anymore. At present there is not enough substance to it to keep my interest and it's future glory is little more than a pipe dream. It isn't worth arguing about.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3343057 - 07/16/11 01:56 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Nice to see you again Tell, you're glum as ever biggrin

#3343062 - 07/16/11 02:05 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
soaringbird Offline
soaringbird  Offline

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Originally Posted By: soaringbird
Don't listen whiners. The game is absolutely fantastic in its current state. The best looking game I have ever seen. The lack of content, planes if more precisely, is only serious drawback. All those bugs people grumble about are so minor you would hardly notice them until someone point them to you.

Hmmm trying to be positive..grrr... minor bugs...hmmmm...sound in MP? though they say a fix is coming(positive, phew)

Yeah, I had this bug a couple of times. The only one I noticed by myself, not read about it from this forum. My Windows7 also losses all the sound after wake up sporadically and ....
Does it make it crap? Actually it's a best Windows OS since the first one.

Last edited by soaringbird; 07/16/11 02:05 PM.
#3343077 - 07/16/11 02:45 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: Nimits]  
soaringbird Offline
soaringbird  Offline

Originally Posted By: Nimits
Don't listen whiners. The game is absolutely fantastic in its current state. The best looking game I have ever seen. The lack of content, planes if more precisely, is only serious drawback. All those bugs people grumble about are so minor you would hardly notice them until someone point them to you.

You think the graphics are better than RoF?

I tried RoF and from what I saw I can say CloD is in a totally new generation visually.

As for colors I am using i1dysplay2 colorimeter device and perfectly 100% sRGB gamut ips monitor or also color calibrated flat TV screen. Colors are absolutely realistic in CloD while in RoF they most of a time are considerably desaturated probably to match with typically oversaturated modern consumer monitors. It kills a sense of proper lighting and the ground surface always looks like a cloudy day there. So I am pretty happy with the colors in CloD. They dare to show you plain realistic non-processed colors for something in the end of a summer unlike many modern games and movies being color-graded to death nowadays. And when it comes to sunsets/dawn there is just no comparison not only with RoF but any other game I saw.

Last edited by soaringbird; 07/16/11 03:00 PM.
#3343083 - 07/16/11 02:51 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

please, soaringbird im trying to be positive about COD. Dont start me off on colors smile

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 07/16/11 02:53 PM.
#3343084 - 07/16/11 02:53 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

Lol Tell, you spent about 300 bucks just to fly a Spitfire that might not be as good as the one in COD.

Last edited by Warbirds; 07/16/11 02:54 PM.

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
#3343098 - 07/16/11 03:25 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: Warbirds]  
Tell Offline
Tell  Offline

I have the A2A Spitfire with Accusim. No regrets. No 27k altitude limit. Remember to check your O2 supply.

#3343101 - 07/16/11 03:32 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
You think the graphics are better than RoF?

Streets better, miles better, convincing. Convincing's half the battle for immersion

Hmm. From most screen shots I've seen, CloD's graphics (except over water) don't really remind me much of looking outside a real airplane cockpit (except maybe during taxi and parking); RoF's do. Granted, I'm not sure how much of that is from the game itself, and how much is from people not being able to run CloD at max settings for their screenshots. At times, though, some of the later IL-2 maps looked more convincing than what I've seen in CloD screenshots so far.

#3343109 - 07/16/11 03:49 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
kestrel79 Offline
kestrel79  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
So is this sim still set to come out Tuesday? They have toyed with the Steam release for months now in the US.

I'm praying for some sort of megapatch released on the US release day that will fix some stuff.

Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
#3343128 - 07/16/11 04:26 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
soaringbird Offline
soaringbird  Offline

please, soaringbird im trying to be positive about COD. Dont start me off on colors smile

I know very well what you can see on your monitor. It's nothing new. Color grading is a part of my job and I have to cope with that color problem every day. I just feel a bit tired of that silly task of processing colors to make them pleasing for a Joe who buys most amazingly oversaturated screens with some cool tropical fishes and then grumbles about why everything so garish. And I love the fact that somebody is still trying to make a product that looks perfectly natural and good on a professionally calibrated equipment, not something of two colors, basically indigo and brown like a half of modern games and movies.

#3343137 - 07/16/11 04:36 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: kestrel79]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: kestrel79
So is this sim still set to come out Tuesday? They have toyed with the Steam release for months now in the US.

I'm praying for some sort of megapatch released on the US release day that will fix some stuff.

Amen to that, Kestrel!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3343147 - 07/16/11 04:50 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: soaringbird]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

I know very well what you can see on your monitor. It's nothing new. Color grading is a part of my job and I have to cope with that color problem every day. I just feel a bit tired of that silly task of processing colors to make them pleasing for a Joe who buys most amazingly oversaturated screens with some cool tropical fishes and then grumbles about why everything so garish. And I love the fact that somebody is still trying to make a product that looks perfectly natural and good on a professionally calibrated equipment, not something of two colors, basically indigo and brown like a half of modern games and movies.

+1

I got taken to task on this basically for inferring that the average gamer is "at fault" because they hadn't calibrated their screens to, say, an RBG standard. That was hardly my point, of course, but I had noted how garish some of the midday landscapes in CoD looked when I hadn't hit my calibration preset. By the same token, if the developers had opted to set their palettes to accommodate most commercially available monitors (as mine are - just run of the mill Samsungs), the landscapes would no doubt look washed out on my screens.

I don't colour grade for a living, but I'm an avid video enthusiast and I do all my post, including colour grading, in Adobe's Production Premium CS5.5 Suite (Premiere Pro and After Effects). I'm also acutely aware of the colour grading that IMHO is far too overdone in most movies and gets to be annoying/distracting. ROF and DCS-A10C have impressed me with their natural tones that are actually quite subdued. I like the colour range and saturation in CoD as it appears on my monitors, but it would be a good feature in C0D's video setup to enable the player to use a sliding scale to adjust saturation within the game to a degree.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3343149 - 07/16/11 04:52 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Charlie_SB Offline
Charlie_SB  Offline

I haven't heard anything about an imminent mega patch, but one can only hope. The biggest problem for me personally is the lack of a battle of britain game, the campaign is a complete joke.

I must say that I am quite content with strafing stuff that goes boooom (in the most striking way), never seen anything more spectacular in a simulation ever. Put some machinegun fire into a fuel truck and watch the fireworks!

-C-

#3343160 - 07/16/11 05:02 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: Charlie_SB]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Originally Posted By: Charlie_SB
I haven't heard anything about an imminent mega patch, but one can only hope. The biggest problem for me personally is the lack of a battle of britain game, the campaign is a complete joke.

I must say that I am quite content with strafing stuff that goes boooom (in the most striking way), never seen anything more spectacular in a simulation ever. Put some machinegun fire into a fuel truck and watch the fireworks!

-C-

Robin Williams as an old Scotsman describing the game of golf: "They put a flag on the distant green to give us f'ing hope!" So it goes with CoD, some fantastic graphics just to give us some f'ing hope! LOL

The Campaign sucks. Some of the missions are fine, but there's no connect between the debrief and what actually happened. Flying a captured Bf110 (with Luftwaffe markings, no less) to another airfield, young ladies sharing a Spit cockpit, renegade pilots......ooops, hope I didn't spoil it for anyone! I was kinda hoping for something closer to BOB2's, but that was a stretch!

#3343220 - 07/16/11 06:18 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: ATAG_Snapper]  
soaringbird Offline
soaringbird  Offline

Originally Posted By: Snapper

I like the colour range and saturation in CoD as it appears on my monitors, but it would be a good feature in C0D's video setup to enable the player to use a sliding scale to adjust saturation within the game to a degree.

Agree. Saturation and gamma sliders should be a must nowadays and it's their serious omission imo. Correct gamma is the same rarity by the way. Moreover with an increasing availability of non-standard wide gamut monitors recently which have no chance to show correct colors in games it's getting even harder to get nice colors for everyone.

#3343286 - 07/16/11 08:01 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: kilosierra]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Originally Posted By: kilosierra
OT:

letterboy, you REALLY need to OC your CPU. As said before, really easy, for now you are running your CPU only at around 75 % of what it`s capable.

btw. once you get the sim, I`m really interested if you suffer the stuttering I get, as our systems are very similar. Please report back.

Hi Kilosierra, I've had the sim for a couple of days now. It actually runs very well. I only get an occasional stutter when new planes spawn or when London loads into my graphics card. biggrin This is with CoD's default settings; I haven't cranked any of them up yet, but it sure looks good already! I will try out overclocking it in the near future after I sort out my HOTAS profile.

PS. I wrote in the hardware forum that I solved my CPU temperature problem. It wasn't incorrect heatsink installation as I had feared, it's just my cramped little case. For now I am running it with the side cover off until I get another case when I can afford it. CPU idles at 35 degrees. After running CoD for about an hour it goes to the mid-40s. Not too bad. smile

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#3343438 - 07/16/11 11:15 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
letterboy1 Offline
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
KiloSierra - Update: I overclocked the CPU to 4.3 and CoD ran even smoother than before. I have no scientific numbers to post, but it was stable with no stutters.

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#3343447 - 07/16/11 11:33 PM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
kilosierra Offline
kilosierra  Offline

The very north of Germany
Oki,

I`ve played with the options and it seems shadows off has the most impact. Most other setting are high. Still not smooth though, but definatly playable. The shadows were flickering anyway, so it isn`t such a loss.

Edit: what resolution are you running the sim at? I have 1980*1080. What`s your OS?

As for the case, I have the CoolerMaster Centurion 5 II. Nothing special, but good bang for the buck (55 €). Has one 12 cm and one 14 cm fan already installed.

Last edited by kilosierra; 07/16/11 11:39 PM.

i7 6700k @ 4,5 GHz
GTX1070
Asus Z170 Pro Gamer
16 GB RAM
500 GB Crucial CT500MX200 SSD
Toshiba DT01ACA300 HDD
Samsung SyncMaster BX2450 LED
W10 64
#3343491 - 07/17/11 12:42 AM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: soaringbird]  
timholt Offline
timholt  Offline

Adelaide, Australia

I'll have some of the medication you are on please.

#3343519 - 07/17/11 01:51 AM Re: So....4 days and counting [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
It's not medication it's perspective holt

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.