Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3342695 - 07/15/11 09:06 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
gwalch Offline
gwalch  Offline

I won't miss Freycinet.He was obscenely personal in his attacks on people making perfectly valid points concerning the game in it's presemt state.
He was the "hater".

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3342697 - 07/15/11 09:09 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Brealistic Offline
Brealistic  Offline

I'm going ! This forum sucks and you all suck and suck and suck and the fanboys suck but I'll be back tomorrow or even sooner. pitchafit biggrin

#3342698 - 07/15/11 09:10 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: DaveP63]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: DaveP63
and the AI is either rancid or amazing, not helping the campaign.

Now I love this stuff it motivates me to take a close look at this game, in fact I have spent many hours in the FMB looking at the AI and setting up different senerios to see how the AI act. I see a lot of potential in the AI, while at times having to scratch my head too. So that's the reality of it, there's good and bad I can accept that

Specific critisizm about the game does us a lot of good and I really appreciate hearing it, ah for the most, but when I grow weary it's really the game that is at fault.

#3342709 - 07/15/11 09:44 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
swampthng Offline
swampthng  Offline

after having frey on ignore for the last couple months, he finally posts something worthwhile.

Considering his history a "i'm taking my ball and going home" post doesn't surprise me one bit. Seriously, the drama queen stuff is over the top, if you don't like what's up, just leave, don't need to make an announcement as i doubt many would notice either way.

Pretty hard to be positive about this game with the shape it's in. I know some manage to find a way, but that means diddly as there are STILL people playing battlecruiser 3000ad and still thinking it's the greatest thing ever and that derek smart is a flippin genius. Just speaks to personal taste. CLOD is much the same as BC3000ad in my opinion. Very buggy half finished game devoid of anything to make it interesting. There's part of me that hopes it can be fixed. But the realist in me knows that what we got now is likely as good as it's going to get. There's no way this games selling well once it's released here in teh states with the buzz it allready has about it. Sad to see a flight sim tank, but a stinker is a stinker.

#3342738 - 07/15/11 10:30 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: swampthng]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

And i thought every stone had been turned, thats what you get when thinking positive.

#3342882 - 07/16/11 04:39 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: bisher]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Originally Posted By: bisher
Two-thousand-five, I agree this game does require some effort to get good results and I'm okay with this, many aren't and that's okay too.

'When you have to make an effort to enjoy something then something is fundamentally wrong.'

I think two-thousand-five has inadvertantly described what is fundamentally wrong with our society today.

I make an effort to enjoy my marriage, my school, and my job.

Making an effort to enjoy a computer game would be a proverbial "bridge too far." (Note, there is a big difference between making an effort to be good at something, and making an effort to enjoy it.)

#3342888 - 07/16/11 04:50 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
And that's your opinion and I'm okay with it, I do not share it but do not feel threatened. Do you feel threatened that I might not share your opinion.

Society demands immediate gratification

#3342946 - 07/16/11 08:46 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Doesnt matter that CoD has multiple issues.

The problem is this forum.

Thats why i pretty much left to

I also know no one gives a sh*t.

Will come here for no other reason than to look at the screen shot thread, witch haven't been left alone by this forums "problem" either. Big surprise there.

#3342971 - 07/16/11 10:15 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
NineLives Offline
NineLives  Offline

Shropshire UK
"Mummy the peoples on the internets are being horrible to me and I can't get the game to work"

biggrin

#3342973 - 07/16/11 10:27 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
The new Il-2 series is a WIP and hopefully it will be for another 10 to 15 years. Many people haven't gotten over the fact that the sim was released before it was finished

True and true Chivas, it was a shock to begin with yes but it's gradually seeping in, it's started calling to me in quiet moments. It can be very wonderful in there and for once- no flight model arguments

We'll know we've got there when that finally kicks off. It's still on rails a bit and nowhere near as feather-floating as RoF. In my aggrandising opinion Smile2

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
#3342974 - 07/16/11 10:29 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Nimits]  
Plainsman Offline
Plainsman  Offline

Vikings Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted By: Nimits
Two-thousand-five, I agree this game does require some effort to get good results and I'm okay with this, many aren't and that's okay too.

'When you have to make an effort to enjoy something then something is fundamentally wrong.'

I think two-thousand-five has inadvertantly described what is fundamentally wrong with our society today.

Making an effort to enjoy a computer game would be a proverbial "bridge too far." (Note, there is a big difference between making an effort to be good at something, and making an effort to enjoy it.)

Wiser words have not been spoken. Why is it so hard for everyone to understand this? One buys a movie ticket. It's entertainment. You shouldn't have to "make an effort" to enjoy the movie. It's either enjoyable (out of the box, so to speak) or it isn't. A concert either sucks or it doesn't. You shouldn't have to "make an effort." You paid for entertainment. The effort is on the side of the producer of the entertainment. No one purchases an automobile that is deeply flawed and "makes an effort" to enjoy it, unless one has no other choice. The car should do what you expect to do. If it doesn't, it's a lemon and should be returned (or sold to some other sucker).

If a piece of entertainment software is a lemon, it should become a coaster. No one should have to "make an effort" to enjoy crap.

The fanboys have lost their minds. Either that, or for some inexplicable reason feel they have no choice. How could they believe they have no choice? There are many other combat flight sims to enjoy. How is CLOD essential to their lives? It's not a crap automobile that you have to tolerate and constantly repair in order to get to work until you can replace it. It's a piece of entertainment software, for crying out loud.

Last edited by Plainsman; 07/16/11 10:32 AM.

Acer: XB 280HK 28" 3840 X 2160, 1ms, w/Nvidia GSync
Corsair: White Graphite 760T Full Tower
Corsair: 16GB Vengeance LPX 2800MHz RAM
Corsair: SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker System
INTEL: Six-Core, i7 5820K CPU @4.2Hz
ASUS RTX OC 2080
Logitech 920 Wheel and Pedal System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Control System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek X55 HOTAS
XBOX One S
Track IR5

#3342983 - 07/16/11 11:04 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Plainsman]  
Zorin Offline
Zorin  Offline

Originally Posted By: Plainsman
Originally Posted By: Nimits

Wiser words have not been spoken. Why is it so hard for everyone to understand this? One buys a movie ticket. It's entertainment. You shouldn't have to "make an effort" to enjoy the movie. It's either enjoyable (out of the box, so to speak) or it isn't. A concert either sucks or it doesn't. You shouldn't have to "make an effort." You paid for entertainment. The effort is on the side of the producer of the entertainment. No one purchases an automobile that is deeply flawed and "makes an effort" to enjoy it, unless one has no other choice. The car should do what you expect to do. If it doesn't, it's a lemon and should be returned (or sold to some other sucker).

If a piece of entertainment software is a lemon, it should become a coaster. No one should have to "make an effort" to enjoy crap.

The fanboys have lost their minds. Either that, or for some inexplicable reason feel they have no choice. How could they believe they have no choice? There are many other combat flight sims to enjoy. How is CLOD essential to their lives? It's not a crap automobile that you have to tolerate and constantly repair in order to get to work until you can replace it. It's a piece of entertainment software, for crying out loud.

Watch out, you are talking sense. That is not going to go down well with the torch and pitchfork brigade.

#3342984 - 07/16/11 11:06 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Plainsman]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Plainsman, you make some good points that really shows how different individuals can be.

For starters, CoD has always run fine on my system. If it didn't then I'd agree with you that it was crap. There were some annoying stutter issues that were completely resolved with the Launcher.exe tweak. In fairness, I admit that fps would slow down over London and Le Havre to the point that this sim was unplayable. Most BoB pilots did not fly over those cities in their daily sorties, so I don't either. For some that would be completely unacceptable, for me not a major issue. Since the Hotfix patch I found, like many others, that I eventually would lose sound in MP. That IS a major issue for me that must be fixed. For many the MP sound glitch is a dealbreaker because MP is the feature that counts most for them. I can certainly agree with that. It would seem reasonable to expect that a fix will be forthcoming and unreasonable to believe otherwise.

"To make an effort enjoying this sim" means, for me, delving into the FMB plus learning the CEM to the point that I can engage in aerial combat and still effectively fly the aircraft to its maximum efficiency. Elsewhere in this forum I've commented/complained about the borked Campaign - hence the challenge or "effort" of figuring out the FMB to make my own missions.

So, maybe we're playing semantics here on what "making an effort" means. Thousands (perhaps millions) enjoy playing the cardgame "Bridge" which requires a huge effort to enjoy, not to mention the many variations of Poker. In terms of cardgames other prefer the simpler games of "Go Fish" or "Hearts" -- less rules to learn, faster gameplay, etc. Neither is "wrong" for chosing their preference - it's simply different strokes for different folks.

So it is for Cliffs of Dover. Lots broken, but lots run well. There are complexities to it that require "an effort" to master such as the Full Mission Builder and Complex Engine Management (CEM is fairly simple on its own, but can be a challenge to manage in a dogfight when trying to maintain situational awareness).

I can understand your point of view. You lay down your money and fully expect it to be 100% operational. Cliffs of Dover is NOT 100% operational - not even close. We've all seen the bug list to know that. For many: case closed. Is it the $45 you spent that keeps you returning here to ridicule those of us "fanboys" who do enjoy what Cliffs of Dover offers despite the broken bits? THAT'S what puzzles me about you and the other detractors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3342989 - 07/16/11 11:29 AM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Plainsman]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: Plainsman

Yes, yes, very well explained, either we have lost our minds or feel we are forced to enjoy this game. What looloo farm do you come from, Perhaps we should be reminding you it's just a game, your post sounds like you're sitting in an institution somewhere angrily bidding your time.

#3343004 - 07/16/11 12:18 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

'biding'

smile

Ben

#3343006 - 07/16/11 12:29 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Yes of course it just a piece of software, yep just 30 quids worth. We prob all have spent more on a few beers and a curry with the lads or a movie with the wife.

But i would guess the reason i get worked up about COD is that its my hobby...no wait...i wanted it to be my hobby but its not cos its not what we all want it to be yet.(positive)

Alot of us here have been flying IL2 for years now, we have spent thousands of pounds over the years on upgrades or HOTAS systems and many hundreds of hours with our hobby flying IL2. Then we hear about the NEW sim from Oleg that's coming! The Battle of Britain!! Wow we all wondered and talked about just how good its going to be with our sqd mates while still flying IL2.
Its by Oleg and its a new engine with all new stuff!! it must be fantastic, i mean look at IL2 and how good that is.

So we waited, and waited, and waited...all the time still flying IL2 ...lots of SP campaigns, or missions, but best of all for me, flying online with my mates...first for me was with 602sqd (puff, crater, loopy and the rest)...training nights with CO-OPs, then vs other sqds or public players. Best of all though was VEF online wars! that's where the blood got pumping, flying 16 vs 16 in a online war where stats and kills were recorded and you tried to complete your mission.

Then after with my own sqd "Blackhearts" = BKHZ smile

The best fun ive had online in my life! doing my fave hobby, flying WW2 fighter planes with my mates vs real people.

Ive got hundreds of books on WW2 mostly about the airwar, and again most of them are about the Battle of Britain,

So i would say "The Battle of Britain" by Oleg maddox was something i was REALLY looking forward too.

It has nothing to do with my REAL life, but as a hobby its important.

So when COD(what a crap name) finally was released in the total shambles it was, it was a huge let down, a massive disappointment for me, not just because its a 30 quid piece of sofware but because it SHOULD of been so much better, and because there is nothing out there to take its place.

Sure i can fly ROF and i do and i think its great, i can play any number of games or sims on my PC but none of them are "The Battle of Britain by Oleg maddox".

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 07/16/11 12:32 PM.
#3343008 - 07/16/11 12:31 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: falstaff]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Originally Posted By: falstaff
'biding'

smile

Ben

Making an effort to enjoy this thread? biggrin

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#3343015 - 07/16/11 12:41 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
letterboy1 Offline
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Actually, the concept of making an effort to enjoy something is not without its merrits. We may not conciously think about it, but the enjoyment of a good book is the result of the effort we have made when learning how to read. To someone who can't read, a book might "suck." To take that a step further, the efforts we make to educate ourselves results in an even better appreciation of the books we read because we understand the author's references and so on.

Actually, there are countless examples of things that require an effort to enjoy. Of course, it takes an effort to even understand that. However, I admit that not all things stir in me the interest to make an effort, so I don't begrudge anyone not wanting to make an effort to enjoy CoD. Just try to understand that those of us who do make the effort to enjoy CoD know what we are doing and don't necessarily need a lesson in life priorities. wink

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#3343023 - 07/16/11 01:08 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Furbs, you've laid out the reasons for your acute disappointment in CoD very clearly and, to various degrees, is shared by all of us. I never flew in squads online with IL2, only solo sorties via Hyperlobby. Much earlier I flew with the 509th Composite Squadron way back in Air Warrior 2, then Warbirds, but the 509th disbanded when fewer of us could commit to regular squad nights because of work and/or family obligations.

However, you've never resorted to ridicule those who DO enjoy CoD for what it is. In a past thread you registered your disappointment, expressed hope that all will be fixed, and left it at that. What I can't for the life of me understand is the derision held by other detractors for those of us who actually do enjoy flying C0D and come to SimHQ to share experiences and try to trade info and tips on this sim. In a perverse way this is considered "wrong" and we're all "Oleg fanboys" (never met the man, actually). I'm almost 58 years old and left the high school hallways 40 years ago. Like many other here I grew up and learned to enjoy doing what I do and not have to justify myself to anyone. One village idiot here even took me to task as to what artistic academic accreditations I have because I expressed my enjoyment of posted screenshots!

So, I can understand why people aren't happy with CoD. That's the easy part. The hard part is understanding the mentality of people, who are presumably adults, that continually return to a forum of a game they detest -- and some don't even OWN -- to take shots at fellow members who do enjoy the game. It makes no sense!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3343027 - 07/16/11 01:11 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: letterboy1]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: letterboy1
Actually, there are countless examples of things that require an effort to enjoy. Of course, it takes an effort to even understand that.

Nice to have you onboard letterboy. Well said

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.