Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3342579 - 07/15/11 06:25 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: commorange]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: commorange
Originally Posted By: robtek
So what, you need a clap on the back for finding a wrong? And a thank you? The patches are the "thank you".
To find it and to report it is right and good, but to report the same error again and again isn't.
The devs might or might not take this wrong as serious as you do and act accordingly.
That you'll find out with the next patch, or the patch after, or the next, or never.
Fact is, that the devs are working to solve the problems and already have improved the sim a lot.

I disagree with you on this. If the problem or bug is reported and the devs admit it and give feedback telling

us it will be fixed, fine we can stop repeating it. Right now many of the issues are not even being admitted let

alone promised to be fixed. If the devs dont take the bug or problem as serious as the users do, then they should.

We are the ones paying for their product. They work for us. Until we get feedback from them that a bug is being fixed,

we ought to continue complaining. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"

TBH i think that your whining reached such a crescendo in such a short space of time and in such an ugly way that only dogs can hear the squeaking now... But don't worry MG always grease the wheels eventually.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3342582 - 07/15/11 06:28 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: commorange]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Please don't tell me that you actually think the devs aren't aware of all the shortcomings of their baby?
Do you really have to be told about every little deail that they intend to fix?
Do you really believe the devs intend to leave errors in their product?
If you do, i feel sorry for you.

#3342583 - 07/15/11 06:30 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Tree]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: Tree
Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi
With all the Pathos he could muster
Theres not a dry eye in the house.....

Does anyone remember the film Shane? The ending seems so much like Freys post... apart from noone is shouting come back.

Its a pity that Frey has decided to go but its reflects badly on this forum and its members that people can post like this.

Also you must have selective vision as I read a few posts that said they were sad to see him go... what it must be like to live life with so much negativity I feel sorry for you tree frown

Dont feel sorry for me Krupi, im ok honestly, and no matter how hard you try im not going to start disliking you.

Good, with friends like mine who would want enemies biggrin

I just don't understand why you feel the need to complain about the same problem 2,000,000 times a week...

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results..."

I agree that there lack of communication is annoying, but I can't help but get the feeling that someone is twisting luthiers arm.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 07/15/11 06:31 PM.
#3342584 - 07/15/11 06:32 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Brealistic Offline
Brealistic  Offline

It really isn't too hard to understand.

Even with all the great press in the world and all the fan boys of the world singing it's praise if it doesn't live up to it's grand expectation's that oleg himself engendered in people's minds regularly people will not like it and the word will get around it's isn't as was advertised and not all what it was cracked up to be.

That's just a fact.

It is what it is.

Hopefully it will be reincarnated into a better product

#3342586 - 07/15/11 06:34 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
I wonder how may times frey's been back to read his head stone!! biggrin

#3342588 - 07/15/11 06:34 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Brealistic]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: Brealistic
It really isn't too hard to understand.

Even with all the great press in the world and all the fan boys of the world singing it's praise if it doesn't live up to it's grand expectation's that oleg himself engendered in people's minds regularly people will not like it and the word will get around it's isn't as was advertised and not all what it was cracked up to be.

That's just a fact.

It is what it is.

Hopefully it will be reincarnated into a better product

Well apart from the lack of polish the game is exactly what I expected and wanted it be... Il2 1946 with great graphics and more complex engine management.

#3342589 - 07/15/11 06:35 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Tree]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Probably about the same number of times hes wanted to jump up and down on yours wink

#3342590 - 07/15/11 06:37 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: JG52Krupi]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi

Probably about the same number of times hes wanted to jump up and down on yours wink

lol, I like it cheers

#3342591 - 07/15/11 06:37 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: robtek]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
Oh, now i understand, all the advertizing companies worldwide doing it wrong to promote something.
If you want something to have success you must critisize it remorseless and badmouthing it, thats the way to do it.
Only bad press promotes something.
And all people who already see something good must be ridiculed, because they are a hindrance on the way to a bestseller.
The devs already made enough money to finance another 10 years of further developement, so thats no problem.

I've stopped wondering...

Hey Robtek! The world is not a Dilbert cartoon buddy!! You cant advertise and promote the "mockup". You have to

have a finished product. You cannot sell the mockup. The people that see something good with an unfinished "mockup"

of a product do not have to be ridiculed, those are your words. You can take any product in the world; Fords, Boeing aircraft,

apple computers, whatever! The best most positive advertising and hype and marketing in the world is not going to do any good

if the product is half finished.

Last edited by commorange; 07/15/11 06:38 PM.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3342593 - 07/15/11 06:40 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: commorange]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Oh, now i understand, all the advertizing companies worldwide doing it wrong to promote something.
If you want something to have success you must critisize it remorseless and badmouthing it, thats the way to do it.
And all people who already see something good must be ridiculed, because they are a hindrance on the way to a bestseller.
The devs already made enough money to finance another 10 years of further developement, so thats no problem.

Hey Robtek! The world is not a Dilbert cartoon buddy!! You cant advertise and promote the "mockup". You have to

have a finished product. You cannot sell the mockup. The people that see something good with an unfinished "mockup"

of a product do not have to be ridiculed, those are your words. You can take any product in the world; Fords, Boeing aircraft,

apple computers, whatever! The best most positive advertising and hype and marketing in the world is not going to do any good

LOL

Actually Dilbert is like the world its true, that's what makes it so funny...

How many games have recently come out with "Dx11 support" only to find out it will only be added a few months later via a patch... biggrin (Total War, Crysis 2 to name a few...)

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 07/15/11 06:43 PM.
#3342598 - 07/15/11 06:44 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Anyone here remember the Strike Fighters forum circa late 2002 thru 2003? That became a cesspool of haters and backers that eventually drove away the community because of the constant bickering. Those that were playing and modding the game couldn't hear themselves think and left.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3342599 - 07/15/11 06:46 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

Krupi if you want to take over from Frey you will need to spam another 11800 posts.
I don't think it will take you long...

#3342639 - 07/15/11 07:31 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: commorange]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

There is a quite big difference between a "mock-up", aka a model of the product, and a half-finished product, however, both descriptions are wrong!
This sim is atm like a car where the ignition timing and injection mapping is not perfect and the paintjob isn't finished.
It runs rough, stutters from time to time and it doesn't look perfect, but it takes you from a to b most of the time, sometimes even smooth and fast.
It's worked on and it's getting better, thats what counts. And it beats walking hands down.

#3342646 - 07/15/11 07:42 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Winny Offline
Winny  Offline

Wow, this thread is funny.

The haters vs. fanbois.. ? Pft, do me a favour.

It's like being in a Bar, you've got people quite happily drinking thier beer whilst in the corner somebody is constantly telling them that the beer is #%&*$#, they've tasted it and it's #%&*$#, the people who brewed it are #%&*$#, the bar is #%&*$#, the barman is a #%&*$#, did I mention that the beer in here is #%&*$#!?

For the regulars, who don't mind the beer (it's ok, it could be better, but I've had worse) this gets irritaing in the extreme.
I already decided I don't mind the beer, that's why I'm here. Why are you here? Simply to tell me that the beer I'm drinking is #%&*$#?
Thanks..

In the UK there is a catch all for consumers rights 'Not fit for purpose'.

If you feel that the 'beer' is not fit for purpose then legally you are entitled to a refund.
Go to the Owner of the Bar, in this case steam, and demand a refund.
Once sucessful (this may take a few emails, but you have rights) divert your energies into telling people how to get thier refund.

Because, if you sit in the corner of the bar shouting at random people at some point you're gonna get your head kicked in.

Oh I forgot, we're not in a bar, we're all hiding behind monitors where there are no consequences for our actions. It's easy.

Anybody who behaves like the corner boys in RL is a twat, end of.

Tree once said (in defence of his negative postings) that he'd 'stand outside a bad restaraunt and tell people how bad the food is' (I'm paraphrasing but the same sentiment was expressed), that's all you need to know about the mind set.

Take what you can from the Bar, there are some good regulars in here who are just happy chatting about WWII, bugs, tracers, textures, stutters, stutters, disappointments, etc etc etc..

#3342652 - 07/15/11 07:54 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
LeazesNDR Offline
LeazesNDR  Offline

Calling this forum a pig sty is not nice.
Perhaps it is best that such an ungrateful member should leave.

I'm jokin' by the way...

neaner

#3342685 - 07/15/11 08:46 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: ZG26_Emil]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
Originally Posted By: JG5_Emil
I feel partly the same way. I joined this forum years ago to get away from the idiots on the ubi forum. This used to be a place where there was always a good debate going on. Now it has swung the other way. I spend more time reading the 1C forum because there and just loads more Sim related posts. Personally I think that people were put off posting here due to the massive amount of garbage filling this forum up on a daily basis and nothing got done about it.

That's because after a while, there never was any debating...You are either "for" or "against". Anything critical and you are instantly a "hater". Anything singing the praises of what works, "fanboy". In spite of it all, I still haven't decided to get it or not. Frankly, I'm leaning toward not because of the fact that I do not own, nor will I any time soon, the 50 core, 475K Teraflop SSD, HAL 9000 with the NVIDEA factory integrated into the chassis, powered by GE. According to some of our more charming members, this means that I'm not "serious" about my gaming computer...I don't own a "midrange" I7.

I lean no, not because of the things that have been beaten to death a thousand times. What is more important to me is the fact that the campaign, isn't much and the AI is either rancid or amazing, not helping the campaign. As for the rest, I does look great, I'll give you that... wave

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
#3342687 - 07/15/11 08:49 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: LeazesNDR]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Originally Posted By: Davy_TASB
Calling this forum a pig sty is not nice.
Perhaps it is best that such an ungrateful member should leave.

I'm jokin' by the way...

neaner

Well, some bars i've been in, quite happy with the beer btw, ......

biggrin

#3342688 - 07/15/11 08:55 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Brealistic Offline
Brealistic  Offline

I'd propose we Pig Roast Freycinet but the little drama queen will be back soon enough.

#3342690 - 07/15/11 08:58 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Brealistic]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: Brealistic

I'd propose we Pig Roast Freycinet but the little drama queen will be back soon enough.

Yes when the game is in a state it should be but I won't hold my breath on the moaning going even then... we have the FM/DM and 190 bar to throw a paddy over next... (luftwhiners, cheating clans 12Lbs spit.... :D)

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 07/15/11 08:59 PM.
#3342693 - 07/15/11 09:01 PM Re: I'm quitting this pig sty too [Re: Freycinet]  
Brealistic Offline
Brealistic  Offline

haven't seen anyone yet announce that they were going and stay gone for long.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.