Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3341832 - 07/14/11 05:41 PM The past is history...moving on  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

I hope people know how i feel about COD, mixed i would call it smile

But if people are leaving because of my any of my postings then its time to have a think...

From now on whats happened with COD is history, ive draw a line under it and im going to try to be positive and only post about what happens from now...good or bad.

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 07/14/11 05:42 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3341848 - 07/14/11 05:57 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

clapping

#3341849 - 07/14/11 05:57 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
ZG26_Emil Offline
ZG26_Emil  Offline

Cheshire....Ok stockport
fair doos smile

So......do you like it then?

Formerly JG5_Emil
#3341879 - 07/14/11 06:39 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Better hope there are things to be positive about, then smile

Ben

#3342094 - 07/14/11 11:41 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
If people are leaving a public forum because of negative comments . . . all I can say is, they haven't been on many truly public forums. With an exception or two, the ugliest arguments on SimHQ are like a ladies afternoon tea compared to alot of boards. About the only place where you will find less negativity about any given game is on the developer/publisher's own board, where negative comments are outright censored.

Last edited by Nimits; 07/14/11 11:41 PM.
#3342146 - 07/15/11 01:57 AM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Well geez Nimits thanks for sharing that with us, it really clears things up. I'm sure if the members who've left this forum could only read your post they'd return and realize their mistake

#3342159 - 07/15/11 02:18 AM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Its not their mistake for leaving any more than it is anyone else's mistake for posting (within forum guidelines) negative opinions of this game. They have the moral right to do as best pleases them in this type of case. I just don't understand what people expect. If it is sunshine and harmony and all that, you will never get that without some form of tyranny enforcing the appearance of said sunshine and harmony (in the example of a gaming forum, that would work out to severe censoring and banning policies). But human nature as it is, people are going to be negative, especially when they are giving so many opportunities to do so by a peice of gaming software. If you want a game forum with lots of positive stuff said about the game . . . they should have relased a better game.

Last edited by Nimits; 07/15/11 02:19 AM.
#3342165 - 07/15/11 02:35 AM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Cool as Furbs thumbsup i haven't really followed too many of the rant fest's here but if you feel that strongly about what you have posted then you have shown some mettle.

Fair enough if people do not like the game, has not met their expectations, spent money on a system just for CloD etc, but to continually drag up and rehash the same old, makes no sense.Especially when people are abusing and criticizing others work flopping it off as an attempt to help,man that's beyond me smile

No amount of flogging on about the same old thing is going to change anyone's opinion.If it is a dead fish then for you then what are you doing still keeping it in the fridge,so you can smell it every day and then come and complain? Man chuck that fish out.I tried BoB several times over the years , i could never get it to run well, updated it patched , grabbed the WOV edition.Tried for a while with some of Bader's and others help, it just would not work right.So it sits in my pile of games as a couldarun but didnt.I dont stop by the forum every day and drive everyone nuts with inane drivvle and why wont my game i paid for work waaaah.

I still head in there and have a look at what goes on with it and read some of the aar's and think maybe one day i will give it another shot.I spent just as much time getting IL2 running nicely back in the day , it was constant fps v graphics battle,bsod's and the like.Maybe not as buggy but i got there in the end with that one.

If you have a tech problem or glitch there is always people here that are more than willing to go out of there way to try and help , offering their time and patience , it's how it is with flight sims.Without Frogs ideas i probably would have had to shelve this until another patch,but he (he is a bloke isn't he??) spent his time and got me in the air.As well as tips from others along the way.

The game was clearly released early, the game is buggy , everyone knows and understands that,but amazingly people are still finding a lot of fun in it, myself included.It may be 50/50 good bad , i dont know ..anyone got a graph? Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things, if you have made your choice that it is a painful thing then dump it and wait for the next patch or try ask for some advice / help and it that gets no where then i think one good whine may be enough, not some repetitive same same in every other post.It is just defeatist , inane and boring.

If people are leaving , people that are having fun and enlightening others with ideas , tactics , tips etc along the way what does that say about the forum as a whole?

Clearly the mods have bigger issues at hand than coming in and sweeping up all the time after a kids party.

That's my say on the subject and that's it smile there is far too much other stuff to be getting on with.Like the fuel loadout issue, there has to be a workaround, i was thinking maybe changing it in the mission files , but if the gauge for the 109 is faulty then that's another issue totally.Maybe set it at 1 in the file and see how long it runs for as compared to standard?

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3342172 - 07/15/11 02:46 AM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Yes Nimitz we understand the dynamics of forums. But thanks for that anyways.

Well said Ajay, that's all I have to say about it as well lol

#3342353 - 07/15/11 01:13 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
I hope people know how i feel about COD, mixed i would call it smile

But if people are leaving because of my any of my postings then its time to have a think...

From now on whats happened with COD is history, ive draw a line under it and im going to try to be positive and only post about what happens from now...good or bad.

'This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man
.'

Words to live by. yep

Furbs, it is not your problem at all that people are leaving. The reasons why they are leaving in droves is probably a bit more simple....Many feel that CoD as it stands is simply not very good atm, and that is the truth. Some stand up and say it, some don't. If people voluntarily choose to be involved in a public forum then they should expect (by its very nature) opinions contrary to their own, and deal with that accordingly. I've always found your posts to be reasonable and well thought out, definitely not 'trollish' in nature and pretty much on the money.

I think part of the 'problem' is often how these (very valid) criticisms are expressed. Everybody has their 'way' about them, some being more diplomatic than others and some who are about as subtle as a sledgehammer. Both ways are fine. So long as people are adhering to forum rules then they can say what they bally well want....end of story. And thank God (and the Mods) for that, too. yep I'd guess Mods aren't removing 'critical' posts because....(and this is important) they have no cause to do so. People are entitled to their opinion whether someone else likes it, disagrees, or is absolutely indifferent....simple as that, really and it applies to all 'sides'.

That said, Ajay makes an excellent point when he says

'if you have made your choice that it is a painful thing then dump it and wait for the next patch or try ask for some advice / help and it that gets no where then i think one good whine may be enough, not some repetitive same same in every other post'.

Agreed. Many have done this and just walked away. Some I think verge on OCD lol, repeating something every 5 minutes can get tiresome when the point has already been made. Which brings us to the simplistic and child like 'Hater' (lol) and 'Fanboi' (double lol) 'false dichotomy' we see now. Most people are in fact neither, and see the good in CoD as well as the bad. No need to choose sides, and for my part I am in neither 'camp', I do not recognise either. The extremes of each viewpoint are often just as bad as each other, both displaying 'gangsterism' to varying degrees. hahaha Maybe its just Human nature, 'birds of a feather, flock together', and all that jazz.

I think Heinkill just got sick of the hijacking, and yes its churlish to try and spoil someones fun and enjoyment. That's why I don't go to the WoP forum to tell them all how crap I think it is, and why they shouldn't be having fun. biggrin Madness. Not to mention horribly mean spirited; if they are happy then I'm happy for them....sincerely, and it's all good. yep

Bottom line is, there is always the 'ignore' function if someone is getting on your t*ts. Hey Presto, problem solved. hahaha

Oh, and please bear in mind that all of this is just my opinion. Maybe someone disagrees. But please.........

'DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!!!!!'
rofl

(Feel a bit bad for laughing, but there you go.....I'm obviously a terrible person lol hahaha)

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3342381 - 07/15/11 01:55 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
<puts sledge hammer in shed>

#3342383 - 07/15/11 01:59 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: Tree]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
Originally Posted By: Tree
<puts sledge hammer in shed>

hahaha But Tree, thats what we love about you man! Just be yourself...best way to be. biggrin thumbsup

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3342395 - 07/15/11 02:22 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

Well I came back for a second to check out this forum and found this. I quit coming here and only use the yellow forum where the adults are. If you don't think Sim HQ has a problem in this forum then you are wrong. I also have a buddy that took a hike from here awhile back.

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
#3342398 - 07/15/11 02:33 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Boilerplate* Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Boilerplate*  Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Hotshot

Virginia, USA
This is precisely why I've made it policy all these years to be fashionably late to the party rather than tight rope walking on a bleeding edge. It's a hobby for me for perhaps 2 hours a night.

These forums can be entertaining. Yet the detractors get trite and predictable after a time. Their public agenda pales in comparison to the methods by which they attempt to make their point - over, and over, and over, blah blah blah - only to hide behind a claim that they want to be sure the message is received loud and clear. It seems to be more like Goebbels propaganda.

I can spot it well before it becomes ensconced - as I've been there before. Just ask ajay.. hahaha

It's a Game. smile
#3342400 - 07/15/11 02:35 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
So what other CLOD forums are there out there, anybody got suggestions or recomendations

#3342715 - 07/15/11 09:48 PM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Quote:
They have the moral right to do as best pleases them in this type of case.

And thus we come to the root of the problem.

It's a flight sim. Entertainment software. Where do "moral rights" enter in?

I wish I could meet whomever it was that started handing out Internet Activist badges and slap them silly.

It's a friggin' game.

Most of the planet's population wishes the highest need for the defense of "moral rights" was a WWII flight sim. Then issues of slavery, oppression, tyranny, starvation, etc. would have been solved to the point where they're meaningless.

Systematic rape and slaughter in Western Sudan is a tragedy that is morally wrong. Those people have a moral right to live in peace.

I wonder how they would react to someone explaining to them that complaining about a flight sim is a moral right.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#3342837 - 07/16/11 02:37 AM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Pretty funny that some see the banana boards as the adult forum. I don't but that's okay, I generally like this one better and there are some drama masters here as well. And what Ajay said I fully agree with, why keep bringing up what you don't like about what you haven't even purchased based upon hearsay and second hand news(not that some haven't actually bought it but there are a few). I got it and I have some gripes but I will post bugs and hope they can get them fixed no biggie.

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 07/16/11 02:47 AM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#3342879 - 07/16/11 04:33 AM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: Dart]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Originally Posted By: Dart
Quote:
They have the moral right to do as best pleases them in this type of case.

And thus we come to the root of the problem.

It's a flight sim. Entertainment software. Where do "moral rights" enter in?

I wish I could meet whomever it was that started handing out Internet Activist badges and slap them silly.

It's a friggin' game.

Most of the planet's population wishes the highest need for the defense of "moral rights" was a WWII flight sim. Then issues of slavery, oppression, tyranny, starvation, etc. would have been solved to the point where they're meaningless.

Systematic rape and slaughter in Western Sudan is a tragedy that is morally wrong. Those people have a moral right to live in peace.

I wonder how they would react to someone explaining to them that complaining about a flight sim is a moral right.

One has a moral right, within in reason, to pursue happiness, even on an internet flight sim forum. The fact that people in southern Africa are deprived of their right to life does not mean people on SimHQ have to give up their freedom to post as they will (within the established guidelines), any more than the face of terrorist attacks in India or Packistan should prevent one from being able to cross state lines in America at will. The issues are unrelated an independent of each other.

People are free to go where the like on internet forums. It just seems to me that the attitudes of some are a bit "pollyanna"-like, especially considering I have observed as much or more ugliness by those defending the game as those attacking it. Certainly, even among those of us who do not have it, there are many (myself included) who have bought every IL-2 title to date, who for years breathlessly anticipated this flight sim revolution, and who even at on point were planning or attempting to purchase it in advance form European distributors, who have thus earned the right (to the extent anyone possesses it) to be critical of the game.

#3342897 - 07/16/11 05:26 AM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: Nimits]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nimits
It just seems to me that the attitudes of some are a bit "pollyanna"-like, especially considering I have observed as much or more ugliness by those defending the game as those attacking it.

Could you provide some examples of this, I mean ugliness when the game is critisized? I've seen a lot of hoopla when Oleg is attacked, or when forum members are labelled(hater vs fanboi), and insults are exchanged but very little problem when the discussion surrounds the game itself.

#3342951 - 07/16/11 08:56 AM Re: The past is history...moving on [Re: Nimits]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

Originally Posted By: Nimits
..... I have observed as much or more ugliness by those defending the game as those attacking it.....

I think thats exactly the crux!

Don't we all want to have a beautiful, realistic and successful Sim?

So why attack something that you want to have success?

To critisize, ok, to point out bugs, ok, but repeating the same points over and over turns this meaningful points in a pointless attack.

imho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.