Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3341906 - 07/14/11 07:12 PM Seeking help on issues with Jutland and Distant Guns.  
KJakker Offline
KJakker  Offline

Michigan, USA
I need some help. I have two different issues and as no one has replied to my questions over at the Stormpowered forum I decided I would ask here.

First, the issue I am having with Jutland. The issues is that any Battle that I create using the Battle Scenario Editor automatically ends after 1 minute and a few seconds. I have thought about how the game Fighting Steel had a control for setting a time limit on how long a scenario will run but, unless I am missing something, I do not see any such feature in Jutland. Anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?

The second issue is with Distant Guns 1.5 and quite simply it will not play. The opening video about the Battles of the Russo-Japanese War will play and then the game window with "Distant Guns:The Russo-Japanese War at Sea, 1904-1905" up in the title bar will display but the window itself is just black with no interface. That will stay up for a minuet or so during which the Task Manager says that it is running then it just shuts down.

This is confusing the heck out of me because Jutland does run. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by KJakker; 07/14/11 08:54 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3342507 - 07/15/11 05:21 PM Re: Seeking help on issues with Jutland and Distant Guns. [Re: KJakker]  
'Wee' Mac Offline
'Wee' Mac  Offline

UK
Haven't been visiting the Stormpowered forum much so missed your post there. Its a bit quiet over at stormpowered at the minute - the usual crowd are a little dissapointed at the overselling of certain features in the addon when it was promised they were fixed or at least improved. Sadly that is not the case.

Premature scenario ending is usually down to visibility - i.e. with nothing hostile in sight then the game ends. try putting the nearest forces within sight of each other and fiddle with the visibility / weather slider (ctrl F9 if i remember right)

The black screen bug has been fixed - force an update of DG (right click on Dg under my games in stormpowered) should do it.

Tanyrhiew over at stormpowered

Last edited by 'Wee' Mac; 07/15/11 05:22 PM.

Human history is a long procession of *******s being *******s
#3343215 - 07/16/11 06:11 PM Re: Seeking help on issues with Jutland and Distant Guns. [Re: 'Wee' Mac]  
KJakker Offline
KJakker  Offline

Michigan, USA
'Wee' Mac,

Thanks for the comments. You were right about me putting the ships in Jutland to far apart. I am used to Fighting Steel, Warship Combat: Navies at War, Fleet Command and others where forces start out farther apart and you have to find them first. Jutland apparently does not do it that way. Jutland is running great now.

However Distant Guns is another matter entirely. The force update did nothing. I got some help over at Storm Eeagle's readydesk customer support system. They have had me remove and reinstall Distant Guns and when that did not work I removed Jutland , Distant Guns, and StornPowered and then downloaded and installed them all again. StormPowered is now version 1.047 and Distant Guns is version 1.526. No change at all in what happens when I try and run Distant Guns.

#3344717 - 07/18/11 05:20 PM Re: Seeking help on issues with Jutland and Distant Guns. [Re: KJakker]  
'Wee' Mac Offline
'Wee' Mac  Offline

UK
The update process isn't very good to be honest and can take several attempts before it does it.

In my case I've just had to exit stormpowered twice after manually forcing an update and trying to launch the game. It does get there eventually so perservere

Human history is a long procession of *******s being *******s
#3344780 - 07/18/11 06:12 PM Re: Seeking help on issues with Jutland and Distant Guns. [Re: 'Wee' Mac]  
KJakker Offline
KJakker  Offline

Michigan, USA
I managed to fix the issue.

I was looking at the "Distant Guns RJW Enhanced" and "Jutland" folders in the "Storm Eagle Studios" folder and noticed that they have most of the same stuff in them. However most of the the sub-folders in "Jutland" have a 2 after them while the ones in "Distant Guns" do not. So I ran en experiment and copped those folders and the DG specific files over to the "Jutland" folder and then ran the DG_RJWp.exe in the "Jutland" folder and it ran just as it should, just with the Jutland splash screen but with the DG version number displayed in stead to the DG splash screen.

After that worked I created a new folder in the Storm Eagle Studios directory. I then moved the copies of the Battle Records, data, Installation Support, models, Music, Screenshots, Sound, and Textures folders to the new folder. Then copied everything not in a sub-folder from the Jutland folder to the new one as well. Removed the Jutland specific items and replaced them with their Distant Guns counterparts. Then I cut and pasted the official "Distant Guns RJWEnhanced" folder to another directory and renamed the new folder "Distant Guns RJWEnhanced". Result Distant Guns now works.

I did have an issue after I had done all of the above with StormPowered not recognizing Distant Guns and Jutland under the My Games tab however after uninstalling and reinstalling StormPowered it identified both of them perfectly and both of them now play.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.