Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
#3340871 - 07/13/11 07:53 AM Re: Disappointed *** [Re: falstaff]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: falstaff
Yes Nuggetx isn't always entirely reasonable, but I understand his frustration... smile

Tree, well someone's got to take the flak smile Think of it as taking 'one for the team' smile...errr, not that it's a team as such ('Team Disgruntled'?)

Think I've come close myself, but I see Frey as the litmus test...if he can't get himself banned with some of the stuff he's said in the past, then I'm fairly sure I'm safe (I could be wrong). But you can't worry about stuff like that, just have to tell the truth as you see it (without going too overboard) and whatever happens..happens... smile

Ben

Now be honest, nuggetx is a troll simple as that, most of his posts dont even talk about CoD, they are about WOP, which has it's own forum, the difference with Tree is he can see the good things as well as the bad and his posts always have a little humour about them, I feel if this game was fully fixed nuggetx would still be comparing it poorly to WOP, whereas Tree would actually be playing the game.

As for Freycinet, Im a supporter of CoD and have still copped it from him when I was actually supporting one of his posts, unfortunately as far as these forums go Frey lacks any humour and jumps on anyone whether their opinion is valid or not, I see him as the Ying to nuggetx's Yang, the Universe needs balance and these two deliver in spades.

III/JG11_Tiger
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3340873 - 07/13/11 08:09 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: Tiger27]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: Tiger27
Yes Nuggetx isn't always entirely reasonable, but I understand his frustration... smile

Tree, well someone's got to take the flak smile Think of it as taking 'one for the team' smile...errr, not that it's a team as such ('Team Disgruntled'?)

Think I've come close myself, but I see Frey as the litmus test...if he can't get himself banned with some of the stuff he's said in the past, then I'm fairly sure I'm safe (I could be wrong). But you can't worry about stuff like that, just have to tell the truth as you see it (without going too overboard) and whatever happens..happens... smile

Ben

Now be honest, nuggetx is a troll simple as that, most of his posts dont even talk about CoD, they are about WOP, which has it's own forum, the difference with Tree is he can see the good things as well as the bad and his posts always have a little humour about them, I feel if this game was fully fixed nuggetx would still be comparing it poorly to WOP, whereas Tree would actually be playing the game.

As for Freycinet, Im a supporter of CoD and have still copped it from him when I was actually supporting one of his posts, unfortunately as far as these forums go Frey lacks any humour and jumps on anyone whether their opinion is valid or not, I see him as the Ying to nuggetx's Yang, the Universe needs balance and these two deliver in spades.

I think thats a fair statement, I would love to be playing the game, in fact i do still try, Im much more of an online player than anything else thats why I haven't had a big cry yet about the campaigns or single player. I always stated during development that I hoped i was wrong on all my doubts because then I would be one happy bunny. In truth we would be better off had the game not been released because we would all be still flying Il2 1946 with mods, as it stands most of the guys I fly with are in a state of flux, they dont want to go backwards but are fed up with CLOD, so have finished up not flying at all. If we can get MP sounds fixed and also CO-OP's fixed it will be a big step forward.

#3340875 - 07/13/11 08:20 AM Re: Disappointed [Re: Tree]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: Tree
Originally Posted By: Tiger27

Ben

I think thats a fair statement, I would love to be playing the game, in fact i do still try, Im much more of an online player than anything else thats why I haven't had a big cry yet about the campaigns or single player. I always stated during development that I hoped i was wrong on all my doubts because then I would be one happy bunny. In truth we would be better off had the game not been released because we would all be still flying Il2 1946 with mods, as it stands most of the guys I fly with are in a state of flux, they dont want to go backwards but are fed up with CLOD, so have finished up not flying at all. If we can get MP sounds fixed and also CO-OP's fixed it will be a big step forward.

I'm having a similar experience, I fly online most of the time and my old squadies haven't taken up CoD and as we had burnt out on IL2, this was to be the great white hope as such, most of them can't be bothered with it until we can fly full on coops, I must say I have had the same issue with ROF as it is limited as well when it comes to flying online wars etc, but a couple of us have managed to get a few flights in with ROF since the last patch and we are having fun, but neither deliver what IL2 could after it's many years of improvemnets, I guess we will just have to wait and hope that they eventually get this right, I feel they will but only time will tell.

III/JG11_Tiger
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.