Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3340805 - 07/13/11 03:40 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? *** [Re: Brealistic]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: Brealistic
a few dared to go against the oleg fanboy gang mentality and give their true honest opinions. To these few I thank you.

takes no backbone whatsoever to climb on a fanboy bandwagon. Just blind faith and obedience.

Yet here you are a fanboy of those that like to put down something just for the sake of it, put away your negativity, and give the game a go, it's a long way from finished or polished but it is no where near as bad as you would like people to think, that is my true and honest opinion.

III/JG11_Tiger
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3340813 - 07/13/11 03:55 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tree]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: Tree
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: tankeriv
Originally Posted By: IV/JG7trumps
I have not bothered with the series after SH III, so can't comment on the later releases,
At least it seems that the dev's have not dropped CoD so at least while they continue to work on it there is some hope!

Cheers
Craig

There is hope. But to my opinion a lot needs to be done...
For which I doubt they will do that any day soon. I hope that :

1 Some way they have gotten their assess kicked, and they realize that next time complete and then sell
2 They will not have any problems financially by it and are able to re release the product in a completed and working state.

Unfortunately it was highly unlikely the developer/publisher could wait for the sim to be finished. It was either release COD as is or kill the development. Complex air combat sims take too long and consequently too expensive to develop. Thats why all the other air combat developers are long gone, except in the east where the costs are slightly less. ROF was also released before it was finished, but was supported in the early stages long enough for the developer to survive. Hopefully COD will also find enough supported to survive the early stages.

Obviously this is pure speculation, no one truly knows why they released a alpha version of this game.

Tree, firstly let me say I tend to like your comments for some odd reason, I think it's the sarcasm that attracts me or maybe it's because you were a drummer in a punk band, which is right down my alley, but I do recall that on release you had all the answers, I think it went like, its unfixable, it's broken, we were lied to etc, I thought these were the reasons for releasing an Alpha, so that the team could abscond with my hard earned $50, now your claiming that you truly dont know why they released an Alpha version of the game, I'm dissapointed and feel you owe us an apology, as you were cleary leading us astray and it appears you knew no more than the rest of us, well I'm shocked and will await your apology stirthepot

Last edited by Tiger27; 07/13/11 03:56 AM.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3340821 - 07/13/11 04:05 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tiger27]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tiger27
or maybe it's because you were a drummer in a punk band, which is right down my alley

lol this I like, well said overall

#3340834 - 07/13/11 04:39 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tree]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
You know nothing in truth Chivas, but lets just say you are right, poor Luthier and Oleg were forced to release an unfinished game, at the same time they were held at gunpoint and forced to lie all the way through development, they were forced to lie about SLI working, forced to lie about placeholder sounds, and forced to doctor video's shown so that it looked like the game ran smoothly. Poor luthier was forced to make a post saying he only liked to fly brand new 109's with the same skin, it must of broke his poor heart telling us that, knowing full well that you couldn't save the weathering or any skins at the same time, forced to put DX11 on the side of the box and forced to put the word Coperative play on at the same time. Forced to trouser all the cash from the sales and then poor Oleg was forced to run away without any explanation to his loyal fans. Forced to try and blame it all on an anti epilepsy filter and then forced to announce they made a half finished game.

See how ridiculous it sounds....

Hi Tree. A lot of that is disturbing stuff for sure. I dont have any doubt that all your facts are pretty much right.

I guess I am more a critic of the product itself than whatever conspiracies may or may not exist with the actors that have made our

game called CoD. So a critic I am but also one that hopes somehow this game will be fixed. So Tree, help me to nail it down.

What do you think their motives are? Will they keep working to fix the game?? I am not willing to give up on CoD until whats left

of the Devs decides they dont want to work on the game anymore.. no more support... no more patches they quit. Unless that happens

I wont give up hope. Should I ??

Last edited by commorange; 07/13/11 04:43 AM.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3340854 - 07/13/11 06:03 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Firstly, Sorry Tiger.

Secondly, Commorange, my reply was aimed at Chivas, i do like the guy very much he's an ex squad mate, however the idea that a software company can be 'forced' to release an unfinished game is a joke. The word 'forced' implies some kind of threat, when most probably 1C was given an option. If you consider the fact that Oleg had walked away from the project a year and a half before release (Jason at 777 words) then who was the one putting pressure on Luthier to get the game out? Would that be UBI or Oleg?

#3340866 - 07/13/11 06:48 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tree]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
Firstly, Sorry Tiger.

Secondly, Commorange, my reply was aimed at Chivas, i do like the guy very much he's an ex squad mate, however the idea that a software company can be 'forced' to release an unfinished game is a joke. The word 'forced' implies some kind of threat, when most probably 1C was given an option. If you consider the fact that Oleg had walked away from the project a year and a half before release (Jason at 777 words) then who was the one putting pressure on Luthier to get the game out? Would that be UBI or Oleg?

Ok Tree. I see where your going now. Sorry to butt in. I'd just like to add I admire the way Chivas conducts himself on this forum.

He just states his opinion with class and doesnt get personal. He does not know me but I know him from Warclouds. Under a different

nickname I used to like to fly near him on the blue team. And when I flew Red i was careful to try to stay away from him! (Unless we

could outnumber him) He was real good player in that Bf109 G6AS.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3340870 - 07/13/11 07:16 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tree]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Firstly, Sorry Tiger.

It would be UBI putting the pressure on the COD developers as they are one of the major investors. If UBI says they've funded the project long enough and arn't willing to keep funding COD, the developers have no choice other than releasing what has been completed or dropping the project. It appears the Eastern sales were strong enough to continue development. I strongly doubt there was any kind of conspiracy to screw the genre, just a developer who ran out of time and money.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3341253 - 07/13/11 08:13 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

"Ran out of time"..though Oleg had just enough time for this (at the Moscow autograph launch night)...

By furbs9999 at 2011-07-13

Before legging it.

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 07/13/11 08:17 PM.
#3341258 - 07/13/11 08:19 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
This interviewer must have had a tank barrel pointing at Oleg's head to 'force' him to come out with this pile of bollocks,

What kind of new improvements will be done about the AI in BOB ?
DS: AI is more proficient in interacting with other units and acting in large groups. It employs varying tactics in both attacking and defending, and looks more personalized as AI skills may vary from unit to unit.
OM: I would say it is simply way more complex AI than in IL-2. If with the release of original Il-2 users were impressed with the most “humanized” AI behavior on the market… Then with BoB you will be more than impressed in comparison to any flight sim.

- Will clouds, night or sun affect AI behavior ?
DS: Yes, as well as the shape of the aircraft, AI skill and level of awareness all count in its ability to see and distinguish targets.

- Will the interaction between players and AI be improved ?
OM: Yes.

- What kind of new improvements will be made about the FM in BOB ?
OM: Will be more precise for each aircraft, and a more complex model of internal airplane structure adds more details into its behaviour.

- Will the icing condition in high altitude be simulated ?
RD: Yes. At least it is working now in code – it is not so a dramatic effect now for the airframe, but has a strong effect on the engine and prop.

- What kind of new improvements will be made about the DM in BOB ?
OM&RD: It is a mix of Il-2 and new DM. Better to say some part - the way more complex than Il-2 type DM (improoved due to more complex internal structure) plus actual hits (holes) shown for the small caliber weapons.
And in general in short words - more complex interaction of DM due to way more modelled details of the internal structure.

- Which aircraft systems will be simulated in the game ?
RD: All listed. Even more : all the listed systems are modelled, they can be damaged, they wear down from abusement, and they affect each other as they perform. Say losing hydro pump from a stalled engine will shut the hydraulic-operated landing gear, or abusing electrical system would degrade plane electrical instruments, and if you try to press out pneumatic-operated landing flaps with a battle-damaged pistons, you would lose pressure in braking system as well, and so on, and so on.

- Will we have a clickable cockpit ?
RD: Yes. As an option.

- In Il2 we had 2 main playing methods : cooperative or dogfight.
Is there anything new about that ? A new playing method ?
OM: There will be similar to old modes and completely new. Say in dogfight will be possible to fly bomber with multicrew positions... just one sample. There will be possibility to connect and replace the bot, if there is permission for that action (many options to limit or to add in settings).

- Will it be possible to reload guns from the gunnery stations in the bombers ?
RD: Yes, but simplified at the moment.

- How will the engine management be improved ?
RD: It is too much to tell – the engine model itself is a very complex one, and includes many features of a real aircraft. In full-real mode you are to operate the range of controls – from throttle to mixture, wep enablers, radiators, carb heaters – and failure to keep the engine in its limits would result in premature wear, loss of performance, and failures. This applies to all-out full real, you can change into a il-2-like simple system where you can’t damage your motors whatever you chose to do.

- Will it be possible to rearm and refuel in a cooperative mission ?
OM: Proabbly. The question is how to make it looking more or less realistic but at the same time to keep playbilty. Speaking about many aircraft in reality the ground crew wasn’t able to refuel (rearm) them for a shot time... Do you want to sit (wait) in the cockpit for a couple of hours?

- How the radar will improve the game ?
OM: It will work according to their real life features (including speech). For German and British side – by different way.

- The radio chattering is really important for the atmosphere especially during the BOB because there were a lot of different nationality of pilot and there was a lot of radio guidance due to the radar
What kind of new improvements will be made about that in BOB ?
OM: Totally new speech engine

- What kind of new improvements will be made about the user interface in BOB ?
RD: Absolutely new GUI. Nothing common with IL-2. With lots of new ways to customize your controls and personal aircraft set-ups.

- Will it be possible for some human players to exchange positions if they are in the same plane ?
(we have already talked about that but if you can give me more details …)
OM: If the pilot killed and gunner would conrol aircraft? Should be possible, however the body of pilot must be disappearing. This feature is under question.

- What kind of new improvements will be made about the FMB in BOB ?
OM: Copy-Paste, including many objects at once and completely new features. But general interface we’re keeping like in Il-2 – more easy to learn when you are experienced with Il-2 mission builder.

- Will you release tools or technical information about the things that will be need to be worked by third party, like maps, adding 3d models (humans, vehicles, buildings, ships, and so on) previously to the release of BoB?
That way, we can start gathering information while we wait for the sim.
OM: After release. Some things are impossible to release untill the time when we’ll get final version. It is separate work. The core is ready, but some simple user interface will be later. Also, to make instructions – that is a big deal and time. So I don’t expect the release of external tools for third party right with the release. But I personally hope that it may happens soon after release.

- What kind of things will it be possible to do for a third party ??
OM: In time, not right with the release – all these things: Aircraft, ground and sea objects with AI (then possibly controllable by player), new maps. But size of maps will be limited. We will make big maps only ourselves that to go for the next sims in a series...

Will we have a victory sharing system in the game ?
OM: It is possible

- Will the game be compatible with the 3D technology ?
OM:Such things define now only graphics cards, their drivers and power. We don’t need really to make anything special.

- Will the game be compatible with the triple screen technology ? (Triple Head Matrox)

- Will the game be optimized for the multithreading processing ?

- Will we have more human’s life on the ground ?
OM: In time - possible. Now all things depends of our own speed of work. And how many different types of human (soldiers or even civilians) will be in the sim – just god knows. We plan many. But can’ say right now how many will be in release.

- For the track IR user. Did you think about a head movements limitations according to the G factor ?
OM: Yes. And according cockpit (canopy glass) limitations as well 

- Will the weather be dynamic ?
OM: Yes. Very complex code. Details – more close to release.

- Will we have the trail wind from the other inflight planes ?
OM:Yes.

- What kind of new improvements will be done about the sounds in BOB ?
OM:Completely new 3D sound engine

- If you were a normal player what would you like the most in the game ?
and what would you like the least ?
OM : I personally would like to have simulation with elements of the gameplay.
Or by other words I would like to have the good game, that we may really name by this word : s_i_m_u_l_a_t_o_r. Last time I didn’t see such games, offering these both features in comparable level between each other.
In additionall we also need to implement so easy settings of customizable difficulty level that would be useful for complete newbies.

- Will the oxygen system be functionnal ?
OM: If you mean manual use of oxygen mask then I would say yes. As an option of difficulty settings.

- How Will you change the black out system ? (for positive and negative G)
OM: We don‘t plan to change it in graphics. But just small changes will be in program code. In Il-2 it was almost optimal replacement comparing to the real life.

#3341259 - 07/13/11 08:21 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
"Ran out of time"..though Oleg had just enough time for this (at the Moscow autograph launch night)...

Before legging it.

Oleg smiling and signing autographs, whilst all the time listening to the chinging of the sales tills in the background.

#3341262 - 07/13/11 08:23 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Man I'm sick of opening up this thread and seeing that guys head up that creatures butt.

Ya but what if Oleg had an opportunity to pose with those ladies and turned it down. Not only would he be accused of being a liar, a conspirator, a poor flight sim developer, but a homosexual as well. I mean while we are all speculating why have any stops. Stop

#3341264 - 07/13/11 08:27 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tree]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

"Bollocks", is your negativity, tree!
I have no doubt that all this stuff is in the code, just not switched on.
With a little patience we'll see.

#3341265 - 07/13/11 08:31 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: robtek]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: robtek
"Bollocks", is your negativity, tree!
I have no doubt that all this stuff is in the code, just not switched on.
With a little patience we'll see.

Hurrah, dont worry lads its all in the code.

#3341267 - 07/13/11 08:47 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Is that what you see from those pics, I see a man who looks sick or exhausted, he's pale, gaunt, and has shadows under his eyes, my goodness, and Tree forgive me but your throwing #%&*$# on him. Amazing

#3341269 - 07/13/11 08:49 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tree]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Before legging it.

Oleg smiling and signing autographs, whilst all the time listening to the chinging of the sales tills in the background.

Again, the haters out in force. You are so ridiculous guys, can't you even hear it yourselves?... - In the meanwhile I've just flown a great mission Bf-110s against Beaufighters over Cherbourg. Will upload a little movie tonight. smile

Sitting and searching for interviews and photos of the guy you detest... Posting snide comments, angry and bitter over the fact that he is earning money... Obsessive-compulsive... - How sad does it get?

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3341270 - 07/13/11 08:49 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: bisher]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: bisher
Is that what you see from those pics, I see a man who looks sick or exhausted, he's pale and has shadows under his eyes, my goodness, and Tree forgive me but your throwing #%&*$# on him. Amazing

In fairness bish, if he's appears to be exhausted it must be because of his other job, he hadn't been working on CLOD for a year and a half as stated by Jason at 777.

#3341271 - 07/13/11 08:50 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Freycinet]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: Freycinet

Before legging it.

Again, the haters out in force. You are so ridiculous guys, can't you even hear it yourselves?... - In the meanwhile I've just flown a great mission Bf-110s against Beaufighters over Cherbourg. Will upload a little movie tonight. smile

Sitting and searching for interviews and photos of the guy you detest... Posting snide comments, angry and bitter over the fact that he is earning money... Obsessive-compulsive... - How sad does it get?

looking forward to your new Video Frey, there nowt on tele tonight!

#3341282 - 07/13/11 09:08 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: bisher]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Is that what you see from those pics, I see a man who looks sick or exhausted, he's pale, gaunt, and has shadows under his eyes, my goodness, and Tree forgive me but your throwing #%&*$# on him. Amazing

Come on Bisher, if the Oleg can turn up at the Moscow show and sell hundreds of copy's of COD and sign autographs while not for a second telling all them people that the sim is quite possibly fecked and could be a total right-off, (remember this is the day BEFORE telling us about the anti-epilepsy stuff)..then does a runner, i sure he was doing just fine.

#3341302 - 07/13/11 09:56 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
So you don't think Oleg looks pale, gaunt and has dark bags under his eyes, I really don't know if this is a reflection of his health or if this is how he generally looks. I'm trying to get a clear picture, not rehash the same old theories.

#3341306 - 07/13/11 10:05 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: bisher]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
So you don't think Oleg looks pale, gaunt and has dark bags under his eyes, I really don't know if this is a reflection of his health or if this is how he generally looks. I'm trying to get a clear picture, not rehash the same old theories.

I would say he looks worried slightly.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.