Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#3340158 - 07/12/11 08:48 AM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: Freycinet]  
Bokononist Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Bokononist  Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver

Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)
No-one is disputing the fun you have with the sim, that is quite clear, and I don't need to look in your sig either, I've watched your films and they're great. What I'm bored of is legitamate threads getting hijacked by arguments between people with differing opinions that have nothing to do with the thread in question. I don't think I'm the only one either.
It seems to me that you are trying to be an advocate for the game, and mostly you do it in positive ways, films, advice etc. Then in in other ways frankly you don't.
The only point I wanted to make was in my last post so maybe re-read it, don't take it as a personal attack, because it's not, and if you don't 'get it', well sigh

Last edited by Bokononist; 07/12/11 08:49 AM.

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3340311 - 07/12/11 02:05 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: Bokononist]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I just find that getting into pi$$ing matches on forums, Twitter, blogs, etc. is counterproductive. It kills the enjoyment of that particular activity, and to what end? Like many here I have to frequently deal with nasty, unpleasant, and very unhappy people at work - but at least I get paid for it. I'm here strictly for enjoyment. I enjoy learning new stuff and I enjoy passing on info that others may find useful. I enjoy good-natured back-and-forths. I don't have time or patience for overt negativity or pessimism which is unfortunately all too frequent here.

In another current thread a new SimHQ member stated his approval for a posted CoD video (which I also thought was excellent), only to be greeted with a derisive "Drunk Man Walking" cartoon by a longtime member who perversely enjoys ridiculing others viciously. I wouldn't blame that new member for never returning, which reflects badly on the rest of us. Differences of opinion and spirited discussion is good. It keeps the topics fresh and alive. But I've decided not to waste my time on those who come here merely to deride this sim or fellow members here. The "Ignore" function is a great feature of SimHQ! smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3340426 - 07/12/11 04:59 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: polisheagle1939]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Look, we meet in this forum because we have this sim and play with it and want to learn more about it, etc, etc... - Then some dimwits - many of whom don't own the sim - also come here to #%&*$# and moan about it and just deride it as strongly as they possibly can, constantly (2005AD:"The truth is it has gone from a rip-off utter joke that didn't work to laughably bad with very limited content"). Don't you think those people are the problem? - I do.

I don't join an Aston Martin owners' club just to show up and constantly moan and whine about how incredibly #%&*$# the car is. If I thought so I'd just stay away. I mean, what gives?

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3340441 - 07/12/11 05:13 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: polisheagle1939]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Here is a tip i gave to myself

I went back to RoF

#3340446 - 07/12/11 05:22 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: Freycinet]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Freycinet
Look, we meet in this forum because we have this sim and play with it and want to learn more about it, etc, etc... - Then some dimwits - many of whom don't own the sim - also come here to #%&*$# and moan about it and just deride it as strongly as they possibly can, constantly (2005AD:"The truth is it has gone from a rip-off utter joke that didn't work to laughably bad with very limited content"). Don't you think those people are the problem? - I do.

I don't join an Aston Martin owners' club just to show up and constantly moan and whine about how incredibly #%&*$# the car is. If I thought so I'd just stay away. I mean, what gives?

It's just human nature. SimHQ wants to respect free-speech, so that's this whole site's vibe. Yes, it is tiresome if you want to discuss the sim without constant jibing back and forth, but that gives us the basic options of either reading/posting here ourselves or not. You can stay at SimHQ or you can leave - just like free-speech, free-will works well too smile

I choose to leave the CoD forum bit at least, it's done I think. Cheerio, I'll miss over 50% of you! smile

#3340517 - 07/12/11 06:54 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: FearlessFrog]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
I choose to leave the CoD forum bit at least, it's done I think. Cheerio, I'll miss over 50% of you! smile

Hold on there pardner...do I understand this correctly, you are not coming back to this forum??!?! But you can't leave us here, alone, or %50 alone, or whatever......

#3340558 - 07/12/11 07:54 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: Freycinet]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Frey, I think those people become a problem if we let them. As in "Don't feed the trolls" the best response is no response at all or, at most, a "yeah, whatever". I kick myself whenever I rise to the bait because I usually know better not to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3340564 - 07/12/11 07:59 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: FearlessFrog]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Well, keep checking back. I'll bet Bisher's next paycheque that the July 19th U.S. release will have all bugs fixed, fully optimized code, honkin' new sounds, and a killer Campaign that'll make Heinkill's efforts look like House at Pooh Corner! biggrin

#3340580 - 07/12/11 08:10 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: polisheagle1939]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
LOL you're pretty generious with my money Snapper, ya bugger biggrin

#3340590 - 07/12/11 08:19 PM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: polisheagle1939]  
Brealistic Offline
Brealistic  Offline

Tip one. The planes fly a lot faster. biggrin

#3340790 - 07/13/11 02:57 AM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: 2005AD]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Originally Posted By: WynnTTr
Originally Posted By: 2005AD

Contrary to what ReconNZ said, the silent majority are not enjoying the game, they have most likely moved on or have given up on it in its current state. I suggest if money is tight that you do the same. Sure it has potential, but we can't play potential.

If they're the silent majority then how do you know?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3330516/1.html

That thread was conducted right here on SimHQ. I'm going to go ahead and call it valid, next question smile

I'm enjoying both but RoF is definitely the more polished game. CLoD has a lot of potential and the game is far better than its initial release here in Australia but a lot of work still has to be done.

Slightly agree: The above quote makes it sound like it is a much better sim than on release. The truth is it has gone from a rip-off utter joke that didn't work to laughably bad with very limited content. It has been released now for almost four months and we still have game breaking bugs. Yes the fact that sound cuts out in MP is a game breaking bug.

If you're a fan of WW2 aircraft then this game is a must.

Disagree. Unless being a fan of WW2 also means you do not care about historical aircraft performance or an accurate depiction of one of the largest and most impoortant air battles ever fought.

If you're a general flight simmer then there are better games to get and play while this is being improved.

I would say this applies even if you are a WWII flight simmer. After all I am more interested in WWII than WWI or modern era but I find both RoF and DCS A-10C to be much better experience.

I don't think you'll need to worry about spin recovery. Anyone flying those lawnmower crates has to know a thing or two about spin recovery.

Agree

I think the biggest change will be complex engine management and getting used to faster speed and a more powerful engine.

The complex engine management in CloD is not that complex, it is tied to RPM and radiator position only. It is better than the one in IL2 but it is still nothing special, just open radiators/oil coolers to 50% and fly full power until the fuel runs out. The only difference between engine management in CloD and RoF is having to control the prop pitch. I'm not sure if overcooling at high altitude is modelled in CloD, I have never been able to get any of the aircraft anywhere close to thier operational cieling... hmmm another major bug that hasn't been fixed.

Sorry but I disagree with your first comment, the thread you linked to has this as it's question, "Go or No Go", the first 4 people replying didnt bother with the vote as the question was too vague, not a great example of the masses being unhappy, there is no, in between, such as I like the game but feel it still needs a lot of work, so I would say this particular vote is really not valid at all.

Also a post with the title satisfaction survey is going to be swamped by those having issues, while those of us that are a little more satisfied skip straight over it, CoD has a lot of issues that need addressing, but it does seem to be working for all the people I know.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3340792 - 07/13/11 03:04 AM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: nuggetx]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: nuggetx
Here is a tip i gave to myself

I went back to RoF

I thought WOP was your baby, why would you need to go back to ROF, I play ROF regularly, I also play CoD not as often owing to numbers online when us Aussies want too play, ROF is now quite polished, but it wasnt at release, same as CoD, I find I can play and support more than one game at a time and if thjey deliver on what is promised that would include World of Planes, oh by the way it's good to see you actually finally decided to purchase CoD, much easier to have an opinion on something when you have tried it.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3340812 - 07/13/11 03:55 AM Re: Tips for someone coming from ROF [Re: polisheagle1939]  
Danosh33 Offline
Danosh33  Offline

Pro Tip: Stick to ROF or wait 'till 777 gets into WW2 I have a 2500k and a 2gb 6970 and I get stutters, COD is like the FSX of combat sims and that's probably a big insult to FSX! It's just not there at the moment, I really hope it gets "there" one day but it's got a waaaaay to go. Stick with ROF and maybe come back in a year's time, if CLOD is still around then maybe just maybe it'll be worth your money, if not then I am sure someone else would've filled the void.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.