Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3338720 - 07/10/11 03:27 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? *** [Re: tankeriv]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Mars Attacks "Why Can't We All Just Get Along?" (Embedding Disabled)

http://youtu.be/MPMmC0UAnj0

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3338754 - 07/10/11 05:14 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
Brealistic Offline
Brealistic  Offline

a few dared to go against the oleg fanboy gang mentality and give their true honest opinions. To these few I thank you.

takes no backbone whatsoever to climb on a fanboy bandwagon. Just blind faith and obedience.

#3338757 - 07/10/11 05:30 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Ya that gang of one sure is a nasty lot, you'd have to be brave to take him on.

#3338761 - 07/10/11 05:34 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
Brealistic Offline
Brealistic  Offline

wave2

#3338855 - 07/10/11 12:31 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
tankeriv Offline
tankeriv  Offline

Holland
Right... sooo uuuhhhh.. What do the last two pages of posts have to do with the first page? smile

specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3,2GHz, 16GB DDR3 2 x XFX Radeon 6870 2GB Crossfire, OZC Vertex 2 120GB, 2 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPm
#3338879 - 07/10/11 01:47 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
Believe me mate, you did well to get 1 valid page out of the thread wink it doesn't take long for any thread to turn toxic around here!

Hope you are one of the ones that does manage to enjoy the game over time and with some more development.

Cheers
Craig

The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#3339377 - 07/11/11 07:24 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: IV/JG7trumps]  
tankeriv Offline
tankeriv  Offline

Holland
Originally Posted By: IV/JG7trumps
Believe me mate, you did well to get 1 valid page out of the thread wink it doesn't take long for any thread to turn toxic around here!

Hope you are one of the ones that does manage to enjoy the game over time and with some more development.

Cheers
Craig

I don't know. Didn't got to ennoy Silent Hunter 5 as well either.
Am however still enjoying Silent Hunter III right now.

But nuff said I still feel like there should be made some kind of statement to Oleg and companions that just like Silent Hunter 5, releasing an unfinished game doesn't give you market records.
And so better to release a finished game without the fluff of steam and allowing like promised some modding etc etc.

Well... let's say.. two weeks wink

specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3,2GHz, 16GB DDR3 2 x XFX Radeon 6870 2GB Crossfire, OZC Vertex 2 120GB, 2 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPm
#3339384 - 07/11/11 07:55 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
I have not bothered with the series after SH III, so can't comment on the later releases,
At least it seems that the dev's have not dropped CoD so at least while they continue to work on it there is some hope!

Cheers
Craig

The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#3339410 - 07/11/11 08:59 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: nuggetx]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: nuggetx
Those threads are coming, those people are coming.
But they were telling nuggetx was wrong, they ridiculed nugget......
But it's all as i have said.

Get a grip on reality.

Is nugget actually Gollum? - He has certainly got his way of talking down pat.

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3340114 - 07/12/11 06:28 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: IV/JG7trumps]  
tankeriv Offline
tankeriv  Offline

Holland
I have not bothered with the series after SH III, so can't comment on the later releases,
At least it seems that the dev's have not dropped CoD so at least while they continue to work on it there is some hope!

Cheers
Craig

There is hope. But to my opinion a lot needs to be done...
For which I doubt they will do that any day soon. I hope that :

1 Some way they have gotten their assess kicked, and they realize that next time complete and then sell
2 They will not have any problems financially by it and are able to re release the product in a completed and working state.

#3340376 - 07/12/11 03:57 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: tankeriv

Cheers
Craig

1 Some way they have gotten their assess kicked, and they realize that next time complete and then sell
2 They will not have any problems financially by it and are able to re release the product in a completed and working state.

Unfortunately it was highly unlikely the developer/publisher could wait for the sim to be finished. It was either release COD as is or kill the development. Complex air combat sims take too long and consequently too expensive to develop. Thats why all the other air combat developers are long gone, except in the east where the costs are slightly less. ROF was also released before it was finished, but was supported in the early stages long enough for the developer to survive. Hopefully COD will also find enough supported to survive the early stages.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3340389 - 07/12/11 04:14 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Chivas]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: Chivas

Cheers
Craig

Unfortunately it was highly unlikely the developer/publisher could wait for the sim to be finished. It was either release COD as is or kill the development. Complex air combat sims take too long and consequently too expensive to develop. Thats why all the other air combat developers are long gone, except in the east where the costs are slightly less. ROF was also released before it was finished, but was supported in the early stages long enough for the developer to survive. Hopefully COD will also find enough supported to survive the early stages.

Obviously this is pure speculation, no one truly knows why they released a alpha version of this game.

#3340501 - 07/12/11 06:35 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

The argument that development was costing too much (for whom? It's not always obvious) doesn't necessarily hold water - some software houses are much cheaper to run and staff than others, particularly in Eastern Europe and Russia (amongst other areas). Also, it does not seem to be a large development house. Except for the alpha and beta test staff...which numbers everyone who has bought the game so far smile

Ben

#3340531 - 07/12/11 07:17 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Chivas]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
[/quote]

2 They will not have any problems financially by it and are able to re release the product in a completed and working state. [/quote]

Unfortunately it was highly unlikely the developer/publisher could wait for the sim to be finished. It was either release COD as is or kill the development. Complex air combat sims take too long and consequently too expensive to develop. Thats why all the other air combat developers are long gone, except in the east where the costs are slightly less. ROF was also released before it was finished, but was supported in the early stages long enough for the developer to survive. Hopefully COD will also find enough supported to survive the early stages. [/quote]

Is it because its a because they are too expensive or because there just is not a big enough market in the west for PC Air Combat

games? People will gladly plunk down $70 dollars for a hot XBOX 360 or PS3 game. If it would help I hope the devs will raise the

price. I would gladly pay 100 dollars for a completely finished, 99% bug free IL2 Cliffs of Dover, In stead of $45 I paid for

a half finished game. I'll bet most of the guys here would too.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3340629 - 07/12/11 09:31 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
For sure, it would still be a small price to pay for the years of entertainment we would get out of it! You only have to look at what people are stumping up for the RoF complete package, or even a few addons for fsx. If the quality is there people will pay!

#3340641 - 07/12/11 09:54 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tree]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Tree

Cheers
Craig

Obviously this is pure speculation, no one truly knows why they released a alpha version of this game.

I know Maddox Games would not release COD in this condition unless they were forced too.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3340687 - 07/12/11 11:05 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Chivas]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: Tree

Cheers
Craig

I know Maddox Games would not release COD in this condition unless they were forced too.

You know nothing in truth Chivas, but lets just say you are right, poor Luthier and Oleg were forced to release an unfinished game, at the same time they were held at gunpoint and forced to lie all the way through development, they were forced to lie about SLI working, forced to lie about placeholder sounds, and forced to doctor video's shown so that it looked like the game ran smoothly. Poor luthier was forced to make a post saying he only liked to fly brand new 109's with the same skin, it must of broke his poor heart telling us that, knowing full well that you couldn't save the weathering or any skins at the same time, forced to put DX11 on the side of the box and forced to put the word Coperative play on at the same time. Forced to trouser all the cash from the sales and then poor Oleg was forced to run away without any explanation to his loyal fans. Forced to try and blame it all on an anti epilepsy filter and then forced to announce they made a half finished game.

See how ridiculous it sounds....

Last edited by Tree; 07/12/11 11:06 PM.
#3340720 - 07/12/11 11:48 PM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: Tree]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Thats what everything sounds like coming from you.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3340734 - 07/13/11 12:06 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: tankeriv]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Ah never mind gents, carry on

Last edited by bisher; 07/13/11 02:51 AM.
#3340801 - 07/13/11 03:35 AM Re: Is there comming any other version of COD? [Re: nuggetx]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: nuggetx
Those threads are coming, those people are coming.
But they were telling nuggetx was wrong, they ridiculed nugget......
But it's all as i have said.

Get a grip on reality.

nuggetx you are starting to sound like Gollum, you have been under that bridge way to long, come out and see some daylight.

III/JG11_Tiger
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.