Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3337718 - 07/08/11 07:39 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. *** [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

yer...and thats a load of bollox as well.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3337720 - 07/08/11 07:42 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Lixma Offline
Lixma  Offline

Londinium
"Around and around and around we spin,
with feet of lead and wings of tin...."

Lionel Boyd Johnson.

#3337721 - 07/08/11 07:43 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
911dan Offline
911dan  Offline

Forgive me Lord, I LOLed.

#3337746 - 07/08/11 08:09 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Chivas, the problem i think is that Oleg wasn't in charge.

look at the landscape when he was, and look at what turned up 4 years later.

If you remember when we first saw the landscape(shrek island), it was made in about a year start to finish, Oleg was long gone by then mate.

I think if he was in charge we wouldn't be in this mess. And that's what i honestly think 100% mate.

Oleg was still actively involved less than year ago when he stated he took the sim home to work on the color pallette. I'm sure Oleg Maddox is still involved with Maddox Games, but has stepped back to let Luthier actively run it while he persues other interests. Oleg or Luthier would never have released COD in this condition unless they had no other choice. Development funds simply dried up and it was a question of releasing COD now to get the necessary funding or cancel the project.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3337751 - 07/08/11 08:14 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Oleg has been doing other things plus having another job for almost 2 years Chivas.

If you think he was at home working on the colours, and he came up with the colours in COD then your off your rocker or Oleg was on too much acid.

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 07/08/11 08:16 PM.
#3337755 - 07/08/11 08:17 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: Chivas]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Chivas, the problem i think is that Oleg wasn't in charge.

look at the landscape when he was, and look at what turned up 4 years later.

If you remember when we first saw the landscape(shrek island), it was made in about a year start to finish, Oleg was long gone by then mate.

I think if he was in charge we wouldn't be in this mess. And that's what i honestly think 100% mate.

Oleg was still actively involved less than year ago when he stated he took the sim home to work on the color pallette. I'm sure Oleg Maddox is still involved with Maddox Games, but has stepped back to let Luthier actively run it while he persues other interests. Oleg or Luthier would never have released COD in this condition unless they had no other choice. Development funds simply dried up and it was a question of releasing COD now to get the necessary funding or cancel the project.

Again pure speculation, jason at 777 said Oleg hadn't been involved for a year and a half before release, jason found this out when he went over to moscow and had a meal with Luthier, the only thing Oleg has done of late is turn up at the release launch to help trouser the cash, he's not even logged in to the 1c forum since release. A step back? Nah, more like a runner.

Last edited by Tree; 07/08/11 08:20 PM.
#3337757 - 07/08/11 08:18 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
NineLives Offline
NineLives  Offline

Shropshire UK
Wasn't he out playing with his camera?

#3337758 - 07/08/11 08:18 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Oleg has been doing other things plus having another job for almost 2 years Chivas.

If you think he was at home working on the colours, and he came up with the colours in COD then your off your rocker or Oleg was on too much acid.

Oleg has been doing other things than the IL-2 series for 10 years. That doesn't mean he is not invoved with CLOD. Oleg didn't say he fixed the colors in COD, he said he was trying to fix them. There is much more involved than using a crayon.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3337762 - 07/08/11 08:21 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: Chivas]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England

Oleg has been doing other things than the IL-2 series for 10 years. That doesn't mean he is not invoved with CLOD. Oleg didn't say he fixed the colors in COD, he said he was trying to fix them. There is much more involved than using a crayon.

Chivas, Oleg is no longer involved in CLOD, you really must start believing this.

#3337764 - 07/08/11 08:25 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Why Tree?

#3337767 - 07/08/11 08:26 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: bisher]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: bisher
Why Tree?

Well in short because its simply true.

#3337769 - 07/08/11 08:32 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Chivas, just explain this...Oleg shows up in moscow to sign autographs on the day of release, have pics taken, then is never seen again...doesnt even log in at 1C, is that someone who cares about the sim and who has been working hard on it?
or somebody who has just logged in each friday to post the update that has been sent to him to make it seem to the community that hes still there?

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 07/08/11 08:33 PM.
#3337775 - 07/08/11 08:41 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Never seen again, sounds like he's dead.

#3337782 - 07/08/11 08:50 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

yer, bit harsh Bisher, your right. smile

#3337793 - 07/08/11 09:05 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
SsSsSsSsSnake Offline
SsSsSsSsSnake  Offline

Leicester UK
may as well be as far as this sim is concerned

ssssssssssssssssssssssssss
2600kI7.Corsair G60 liquid cooler.8gig corsair dominator,GTX580.64gig Crucial M4 ssd Win7 os.OCZ 120gig games SSD.Hazro 27" 2560x1440.
CH Fighter stick, CH pro throttle.CH rudder pedals.
#3337853 - 07/08/11 10:32 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: Tree]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Tree

Chivas, Oleg is no longer involved in CLOD, you really must start believing this.

Tree, not long ago you were positive Ubisoft was no longer involved with SOW/COD. How did that pan out? You have no proof that Oleg is longer involved other than Oleg saying he was getting more involved with other projects. He said nothing about dropping his involvment with Cliffs of Dover. Olegs company (Maddox Games) name in on the box. Oleg and Luthier made a video with them discussing their product when the game was released.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3337868 - 07/08/11 11:02 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: Chivas]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England

Tree, not long ago you were positive Ubisoft was no longer involved with SOW/COD. How did that pan out? You have no proof that Oleg is longer involved other than Oleg saying he was getting more involved with other projects. He said nothing about dropping his involvment with Cliffs of Dover. Olegs company (Maddox Games) name in on the box. Oleg and Luthier made a video with them discussing their product when the game was released.

Ubisoft were not involved at that time, I even put the phone number up of james o'reily for anyone to phone if they wished, the fact that Ubi got back on board for whatever reason is really not relevant, I cannot imagine for one minute that Jason from 777 would lie, but i guess that is what you are suggesting.

#3337872 - 07/08/11 11:10 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

I think some people are just vainly clinging on to the hope that Oleg is still actively involved.
Personally I believe that he was just the 'frontman' for quite some time before the release, giving us updates and telling us everything will be fine, don't worry. Why else would he turn up for the Moscow party then just vanish, his PR job done.
After all, with Oleg running the show, what could possibly go wrong?

If that was the plan then its backfired badly,and done some serious harm to the il2 name.

#3337897 - 07/08/11 11:45 PM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Yes but by the same taken your personal view Uther also lacks substance, and could be considered vain as well

#3337915 - 07/09/11 12:06 AM Re: Another thread to argue in...if you dont want to argue dont look.. [Re: Tree]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada

Ubisoft were not involved at that time, I even put the phone number up of james o'reily for anyone to phone if they wished, the fact that Ubi got back on board for whatever reason is really not relevant, I cannot imagine for one minute that Jason from 777 would lie, but i guess that is what you are suggesting.

Ubisoft was involved at the time and was financially supporting the development of COD. If they weren't involved Oleg would never have brought them back for the COD release. The game would have just been released on Steam, and there would be no need to have UBISOFT involved, unless UBISOFT already had a stake in the game. Like I said at the time I wouldn't necessarily believe what some guy on telephone says to you. There was never any announcement to that effect, just a rumor you started.

As far as Oleg is concerned I never said he was still running the day to day aspects of COD. I said hes still the head of Maddox Games and has hired Luthier to deal with the day to day tasks.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.