Hop To
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
#3332118 - 06/30/11 04:48 PM Re: Disappointed *** [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I bought the game, I bought it knowing it has bugs. I bought it despite it's not being released in the USA. I can play it at will for as long as I want(and it runs the best it ever has so far). I can tweak it, adjust and set it up however I want because I own it that qualifies me of having a closer relationship to the sim than someone who tried it at a mate's house I think. That being said anyone can have an opinion on anything, it's just that an opinion, it doesn't have to be correct. If someone wants to bash the sim because of what they have heard or even seen on someone elses PC it's still just an opinion and has no real value in the scheme of things except that they want you to see their side and agree with them, I don't care about their opinion any more than I trust a movie reviewer's opinion on a feature I wish to go see, I'll still go see it and make my own judgement. You don't like it that's fine, you made your point now go away.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3332119 - 06/30/11 04:50 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: KRT_Bong]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
I bought the game, I bought it knowing it has bugs. I bought it despite it's not being released in the USA. I can play it at will for as long as I want(and it runs the best it ever has so far). I can tweak it, adjust and set it up however I want because I own it that qualifies me of having a closer relationship to the sim than someone who tried it at a mate's house I think. That being said anyone can have an opinion on anything, it's just that an opinion, it doesn't have to be correct. If someone wants to bash the sim because of what they have heard or even seen on someone elses PC it's still just an opinion and has no real value in the scheme of things except that they want you to see their side and agree with them, I don't care about their opinion any more than I trust a movie reviewer's opinion on a feature I wish to go see, I'll still go see it and make my own judgement. You don't like it that's fine, you made your point now go away.

thumbsup

#3332120 - 06/30/11 04:53 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Nice to hear it guys smile

Believe it or not, I still count myself a fan...or jilted lover...? smile

Aspects of it are superb...the cock-pit for one, self-shadowing, some of the detailed routines that are available.

But it does still seem to be woefully put-together, mis-managed, and as has just been said, with no over-riding sense of priority about what should be fixed. It's an absolute rollercoaster, but not in a good way IMO

My guess from what I've read, management, coding etc...is that they are floundering in the code, some of which may not be that transparent to whoever is now working on it. I know that situation, and it's difficult. You sort out one thing, and another breaks. I also think other things are against them - the NA release, time, money, publishing support maybe.

If I didn't care about the game I wouldn;t give too-hoots and certainoly wouldn;t put up with all this blather just to tweak some noses. I have too many years into flight-sims for that....

smile

Ben

#3332124 - 06/30/11 04:55 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Bong...'trying it at a mate's house' doens't begin to cover it.

You see where all this is getting us?

Precisely nowhere.

There seems to be an awful lot of telling me why I can't have an opinion?

smile

Ben

#3332125 - 06/30/11 04:55 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: KRT_Bong]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong

Thank you, thats the point I was trying to make and the one being over looked if people don't like this game then they should not continue to post here.

However as Falstaff has just posted that he wants to play the game and must therefore like it begrudgingly Cuss that is biggrin

#3332128 - 06/30/11 04:58 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: falstaff

Aspects of it are superb...the cock-pit for one, self-shadowing, some of the detailed routines that are available.

But it does still seem to be woefully put-together, mis-managed, and as has just been said, with no over-riding sense of priority about what should be fixed. It's an absolute rollercoaster, but not in a good way IMO

My guess from what I've read, management, coding etc...is that they are floundering in the code, some of which may not be that transparent to whoever is now working on it. I know that situation, and it's difficult. You sort out one thing, and another breaks. I also think other things are against them - the NA release, time, money, publishing support maybe.

If I didn't care about the game I wouldn;t give too-hoots and certainoly wouldn;t put up with all this blather just to tweak some noses. I have too many years into flight-sims for that....

smile

Ben

I agree with all that - no argument from me, and sensible thoughts shared by a lot here I think. Cheers.

So, now what do we talk about? smile

(go on, go buy it Ben, share the burden, swim in the pain, the water's toxic but lovely - you know you want to)

#3332130 - 06/30/11 04:59 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Krupi...I have mixed views on it. I don't know anyone that doesn't?

Does anyone out there think this is a simply superb game from the get-go (or even now)?

If I disappear (and I may yet, if you're lucky) then the scale just shifts...there will still be people with 'incompatible' views, just as trenchant as mine....

smile

Ben

#3332132 - 06/30/11 05:01 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

smile

Ben

I totally agree that releasing it now was beyond foolish and therefore we see them like you said "floundering" around the most likely huge and terrifyingly complex code, that sort of thing should not be seen and normal happens during the polishing before release shower .

So truce Falstaff, perhaps the post I read of your were written out of frustration, either way I really don't want to continue this pointless argument.

#3332133 - 06/30/11 05:04 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Fearless...stranger things have happened smile

You may just have pre-empted me...i was considering upgrading, mainly to play RoF (not a side-swipe, I like WW1 sims) and was thinking of posting there to get some harwdare recommendations in case I give this the odd bash, bash as in...oh well, never mind smile

That way, I'll be allowed an opinion smile (what's the bet that if I do upgrade and buy it, I'll get people saying it did so just to criticise it? High, i reckon...)

I used to build hi-end systems for a living so putting a custom machine together is ok. My impression is it's much easier these days to put a gaming rig together than say 10-20 years ago, when compatibility was a nightmare. That said, I bet all the hype surrounding graphics cards and the like hasn't changed one jot smile

Ben

#3332136 - 06/30/11 05:09 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Krupi...no problem smile. I'm not looking for arguments....if anything I'm trying to reign it in.

I'd dearly love this game to be better than I believe it is ... smile

As I've said before, the better the game is, the less of this there is....

Fundamentally, I think I disagree with many people on...not *whether* it's broken...but *how* broken it is.

But that's good. I remember a while back when it first came out and quite a few posts were refusing to acknowledge the true state, or shooting the messenger. As time goes by, there's more acceptance (but still plenty of shooting the messenger smile ).

It's not pointless, I hope the game gets fixed to a point where it does some of what it set out to do, and does it well without falling over.

Ben

#3332142 - 06/30/11 05:12 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Fearless...stranger things have happened smile

You may just have pre-empted me...i was considering upgrading, mainly to play RoF (not a side-swipe, I like WW1 sims) and was thinking of posting there to get some harwdare recommendations in case I give this the odd bash, bash as in...oh well, never mind smile

That way, I'll be allowed an opinion smile (what's the bet that if I do upgrade and buy it, I'll get people saying it did so just to criticise it? High, i reckon...)

I used to build hi-end systems for a living so putting a custom machine together is ok. My impression is it's much easier these days to put a gaming rig together than say 10-20 years ago, when compatibility was a nightmare. That said, I bet all the hype surrounding graphics cards and the like hasn't changed one jot smile

Ben

If you like WWI even a tiny amount, you'll love RoF - it's really very good now.

As for people saying if you buy it it's for some other reason than to want to play it, then stuff them smile - people say lots of things, and if you want to chat about the sim (warts and all) then I'll be looking forward to doing so with you here.

#3332147 - 06/30/11 05:22 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

I remember a while back when it first came out and quite a few posts were refusing to acknowledge the true state, or shooting the messenger. As time goes by, there's more acceptance (but still plenty of shooting the messenger smile ).

I would never do that skyisfalling I put a few rounds in Trees back over at the banana forum when he started calling out the low fps over large cities before release. Luckily for him he neglected to mention that he is a Kevlar coated fire proof type of tree that no one has seen the likes of on this planet and therefore lived to show us he was right with irritatingly smugness which of course just lead to another round of "Tree" hunting biggrin.

But I acknowledged that he had called them out correctly and fair play for doing that I admit I was in a state of euphoria as I am sure some ppl here were, of course thats when people started falling into the two camps, either supporting the game despite its bugs with a few extreme supporters and the angry side with there own extreme tormentors (AKA trolls banghead ... sorry sorry the battle is still raging as much as I would like it to settle).

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 06/30/11 05:29 PM.
#3332148 - 06/30/11 05:24 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Well done lads!!

Now not trying to start things up again...but...

Why cant we have them landscape colours back?

Not even talking about the other stuff in the vid wink

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 06/30/11 05:26 PM.
#3332151 - 06/30/11 05:28 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
As much as some of Tree's posts used to grate on me.. I'm man enough to admit he was right.. There are many that can't bring themselves to admit that.

#3332158 - 06/30/11 05:42 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: JG52Krupi]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I really wish, and this has been stated elsewhere, that CoD had been released as a "purchase-available beta", just like DCS-A10C was. I purchased DCS that way, so my expectations were low and I was not disappointed! It took forever to load, crashed frequently (usually when I was simply assigning HOTAS functions), and the joystick would frequently go nuts and cause my A10 to impact the ground. Very frustrating - but all I could reasonably do was post the glitches, ask for any available help (there was none), then shut the f' up because, after all, it was a beta.

Eventually some patches were issued, everything was resolved, and retail-version DCS-A10C now runs great on my system. Point being - the sim was not ready for prime time when it was first made available, but as a "beta" you paid your money and took your chances. IMHO Ubisoft should have made CoD globally available as a "beta" to get their desired cash, with the promise that patches would be made available "in due course". Once all glitches and crap Campaigns are fixed, call it "Gold" and continue selling it as a full retail item. As a beta the Luthier team would've had huge bug feedback & suggestions, made the community feel like they're contributing to the final product, and reap large initial cash-flow by quickly tapping into the huge Nortth, Central, and South American markets right off the bat. Naysayers for CoD would be shut down right away "because it's a beta, stupid!" while other concerned CoD consumers would be encouraged to offer feedback and suggestions. Win-win for everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3332159 - 06/30/11 05:46 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Plenty of 'us' were right, can't let Tree take all the credit smile

(Tree, Nuggetz, myself and many others)

But I'd prefer not to patting myself on the back about that, believe it or not...

Ben

#3332166 - 06/30/11 05:56 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
<HUGS ALL SimHQ GUYS> hick

#3332170 - 06/30/11 06:02 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

But I'd prefer not to patting myself on the back about that, believe it or not...

Ben

Come off it from every post I have ever read of his I got the impression he was a huge WOP fanboi and was never seriously considering buying COD at any time.

His "contribution" should not be mentioned here, I have never met a forum troll as petty and narrow minded as him... damn it now look what you made me do I have taken a step back oops

Whiles trees post were infuriating (some still are neaner ) I never once felt like punching hole through my screen to grab him and then continue to beat him with my keyboard... the same cannot be said for Nuggetx.

Warning I may have anger management problems deadhorse

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 06/30/11 06:06 PM.
#3332177 - 06/30/11 06:12 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: falstaff]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England

Ben

I got the most bans though Ben, 1 here and 4 at 1C, so i guess this messenger did get shot several times....

#3332183 - 06/30/11 06:23 PM Re: Disappointed [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Yes Nuggetx isn't always entirely reasonable, but I understand his frustration... smile

Tree, well someone's got to take the flak smile Think of it as taking 'one for the team' smile...errr, not that it's a team as such ('Team Disgruntled'?)

Think I've come close myself, but I see Frey as the litmus test...if he can't get himself banned with some of the stuff he's said in the past, then I'm fairly sure I'm safe (I could be wrong). But you can't worry about stuff like that, just have to tell the truth as you see it (without going too overboard) and whatever happens..happens... smile

Ben

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.