Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3324909 - 06/22/11 10:28 AM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: ]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Originally Posted By: anon

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word 'subscription' and understand that it does not exclude an initial purchase.

It is a mmo, if there was an initial purchase they would inform us already along with subscription info.

MMO market has 95% free to play games.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3324964 - 06/22/11 12:09 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
Ok nuggsy, we will play it your way, it is all free and they are doing this all out of the kindness of their hearts. Of course people will have to put up with the pop up adds from the phone company sponsors, and also they will have to turn a blind eye to the totally unrealistic pepsi can powerup icons that they have to fly through so as to get the upgradeable photon torpedoes, anyone with any sense of historical accuracy knows that photon torpedo powerups were actually a silver hoop of rotating stars, the historical ones don't pay the bills though so had to go! I am so glad it's all free, your the best nuggsy , now hurry up and get out there, keep spreading the word wink

The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#3325137 - 06/22/11 03:33 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: nuggetx
Originally Posted By: anon

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word 'subscription' and understand that it does not exclude an initial purchase.

It is a mmo, if there was an initial purchase they would inform us already along with subscription info.

MMO market has 95% free to play games.

You keep telling yourself that...

#3325149 - 06/22/11 03:54 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
PFunk Offline
SimHQ Redneck
PFunk  Offline
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran

N. Central Texas
And yet, every time I'm online, using the most recent 'official' patched version, the lobbies are empty.

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
#3325169 - 06/22/11 04:19 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
CA_Stary Offline
CA_Stary  Offline

Poland
@nuggetx:

this means you won't have to pay monthly for playing like in WW2OL or Aces High, but I'm pretty sure game itself will cost you some bucks

and no, MMO market isn't free

#3325202 - 06/22/11 04:54 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
Philip_ed Offline
Philip_ed  Offline

Nuggetx, when WoP models maps the size of CloD's with the detail you suggest towards, then I will find your insights more tangible. I have played the WoP demo; the map was smaller than anything I fly over in Il-2, the FM, DM and gameplay were far worse, and only aesthetically was the game nicer in some areas (if filters are your thing.) Take away the filter, and the thing is a mess.

A simulation is not all about the graphics. I'm not doubting that your poposed sims/games from Gaijin will deliver, but as a spokesperson you are doing an incredibly poor job.
If you tell us credibly why you hate CloD so much, then maybe it would be clear to us where you're coming from, because a lot of what you advocate is just drivel to most of us who are familiar with the process of Il-2's development.
I can have more than one sim in my life, but I can't fathom why you can't.

"Our name is Hornet Squadron, no bloody good are we.
We cannot shoot, we can not fight, nor march like infantry.
But when it comes to pay parade, we shout with all our might:
Per Ardua ad Astra, Up yours Jack we're alright!"

Flt Lt Kellaway
#3325211 - 06/22/11 05:02 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: PFunk]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Originally Posted By: PFunk
And yet, every time I'm online, using the most recent 'official' patched version, the lobbies are empty.

Wings of prey is not World of planes.

Wings of prey is a b2p title that is now few years old. I admit that Wings of prey is not impressive, but i know that World of Planes will not fail if Gaijin will have every feature for multiplayer that it has mentioned.

Quote:
but as a spokesperson you are doing an incredibly poor job.

lol I'm no spokesperson idk where you get this idea.

#3325237 - 06/22/11 05:14 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
SsSsSsSsSnake Offline
SsSsSsSsSnake  Offline

Leicester UK
lol

ssssssssssssssssssssssssss
2600kI7.Corsair G60 liquid cooler.8gig corsair dominator,GTX580.64gig Crucial M4 ssd Win7 os.OCZ 120gig games SSD.Hazro 27" 2560x1440.
CH Fighter stick, CH pro throttle.CH rudder pedals.
#3325256 - 06/22/11 05:28 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered

Quote:
but i know that World of Planes will not fail if Gaijin will have every feature for multiplayer that it has mentioned.

Indeed, WIngs of Prey would have been too, but they backed out of a lot of promised features, and they did actually promise unlike some developers.

#3325276 - 06/22/11 05:40 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
Philip_ed Offline
Philip_ed  Offline

You're the only one going around the forums, posting about the game in sections which are of no relevence, posting in unrelated topics about how good it will be etc etc
Effectively, you are the only person raving about this game, and so you alone are acting to influence people to play it. And so far, added with your track record of useless trolling, you are doing an extremely poor job, as well as diswaying potential customers away from trying the game.

You're not employed, but if I went onto cooking/food/drinking forums advertising Coke, I'd be acting as a spokesperson for that brand.

"Our name is Hornet Squadron, no bloody good are we.
We cannot shoot, we can not fight, nor march like infantry.
But when it comes to pay parade, we shout with all our might:
Per Ardua ad Astra, Up yours Jack we're alright!"

Flt Lt Kellaway
#3325459 - 06/22/11 09:09 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
IV/JG7trumps Offline
IV/JG7trumps  Offline

Perth australia
The best way for you to show your support to the devs nuggsy would be to STFU, unfortunately with your well known previous history you are doing the game a dis-service everytime you post, you are making a lot of calls and promises that chances are the devs can't or have no intention of keeping. Being as you are the only one coming out with these posts you are coming across as representing the company! Do them a favor and keep it zipped wink

Craig

The problem with the World is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#3325768 - 06/23/11 06:10 AM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
johncage Offline
johncage  Offline

nuggex, it's literally impossible to do a realistic game in a f2p mmo format. the reason being not many people will play it. i think this will be similar to world of tanks style "realism"

#3325784 - 06/23/11 07:07 AM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: johncage]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Originally Posted By: johncage
nuggex, it's literally impossible to do a realistic game in a f2p mmo format. the reason being not many people will play it. i think this will be similar to world of tanks style "realism"

Aces High and WW2OL are mmos, they want to be realistic and many people play them.

If they would be f2p even more people would play them. Some don't like paying additional monthly fee for their game ontop of their internet cost.

#3326616 - 06/24/11 05:19 AM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: PFunk

Wings of prey is not World of planes.

Wings of prey is a b2p title that is now few years old. I admit that Wings of prey is not impressive, but i know that World of Planes will not fail if Gaijin will have every feature for multiplayer that it has mentioned.

Quote:
but as a spokesperson you are doing an incredibly poor job.

Possibly because you keep spamming the CoD forum with pictures and comparisons of WOP and CoD, I know you would like someone too play WOP with, Im just not sure you are trolling the right forums, I would have thought that a Battlefield or Call of Duty forum would be more suitable for what appears to be an airborne fps more than a flight sim.

III/JG11_Tiger
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.