Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3323366 - 06/20/11 07:03 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: ATAG_Bliss]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Originally Posted By: SYN_Bliss
How can you choose anything when all the servers and missions are ran by the developer?

?

Quote:
Wings of Prey doesn't even have a full mission builder / editor. Btw, they promised one would be released. It never happened. I'd take anything they say with a huge grain of salt.

They never said at RELEASE they would make one, making a thing after a release when product is finished is optional and you cannot blame them for that because it was not planned for release.

Quote:
How can they claim anything to be historic when the only user creating a mission is the developer who runs the server? lol

screwy

Quote:
Btw, the majority of what you quoted can already be done in 10 year old IL2. IL2COD MP is limited to 250 human players.

Ok.... but it has never been done, don't you see the difference?

Quote:
Considering that WOP is lucky to have 2 or 3 players in MP at peak time for a polished / updated current flight sim, I'm just going out on a limb and saying the new WOP might be a little stale in that department as well.

World of Planes is free, that's why it will have thousands of people just like World of Tanks.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3323368 - 06/20/11 07:04 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: FearlessFrog]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
Originally Posted By: nuggetx
Quote:

Seriously, I was quite keen on this game, but seeing you as the number one player is giving me the shivers. Do you plan to play alone, collecting all that yum?

Are you afraid i will pwn you with my uber paid 30mm yum gun ? lol

Yes, actually. Multiplayer games are made up of people who share common interests. What you are doing is demonstrating what sort of player World of Planes is aimed at.

If the #1 Fan of this new community is basically just trolling (RE: Your entire post history here) then I think it looks like something most WWII sim fans would be wise to avoid.

It only take a few bad apples.. frown

You seriously believe that a few people can affect a community that has thousands of people ? copter

#3323369 - 06/20/11 07:05 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
popcorn

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#3323374 - 06/20/11 07:11 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
Quote:

Seriously, I was quite keen on this game, but seeing you as the number one player is giving me the shivers. Do you plan to play alone, collecting all that yum?

Are you afraid i will pwn you with my uber paid 30mm yum gun ? lol

Yes, actually. Multiplayer games are made up of people who share common interests. What you are doing is demonstrating what sort of player World of Planes is aimed at.

If the #1 Fan of this new community is basically just trolling (RE: Your entire post history here) then I think it looks like something most WWII sim fans would be wise to avoid.

It only take a few bad apples.. frown

You seriously believe that a few people can affect a community that has thousands of people ? copter

Yes - it's called griefing and doesn't take much.

Example: Consider how just one person could keep posting into a WW2 sim forum, even though they don't own the game the forum is meant to be about - and in this forum they manage to just repeat statements who's only intent is just to promote discourse and annoy others?

Could you imagine how just one person could do that and spoil it for others? People could want to discuss flight models, or historical missions, or see what patch is coming out or what skin they should download or try. All of these people can be interrupted by any witless fan with a keyboard and internet connection.

World of Planes would be like this thread - fun to annoy people for a while, but not something worth spending more than five minutes giving any attention to.

You've probably helped a lot of people make up their mind - thank you!

#3323375 - 06/20/11 07:12 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

What gaijin community has 1000's of people? Last I checked WOP online was lucky to have 1 person flying.

World of Tanks has many people playing it because it's fun. WOP IMO was never fun, because when I buy a flight sim, I fully expect an actual flight sim. But I'll try it. I support all the developers trying to make a flying product.

But if you believe there's going to be anything historic or even close to a SEOW or ADW type situation in IL2 you'd be sadly mistaken. It's going to be one massive full-on airquake. Not my cup of tea.

#3323376 - 06/20/11 07:14 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: FearlessFrog]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Quote:

Could you imagine how just one person could do that and spoil it for others? People could want to discuss flight models, or historical missions, or see what patch is coming out or what skin they should download or try. All of these people can be interrupted by any witless fan with a keyboard and internet connection.

Last time I checked i have to click on a thread to open it and *gasp* read it.

Quote:
You've probably helped a lot of people make up their mind - thank you!

Yes, yes, Thank YOU good Sir ! wave2

#3323377 - 06/20/11 07:16 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: ATAG_Bliss]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

What gaijin community has 1000's of people? Last I checked WOP online was lucky to have 1 person flying.

Eh don't you see a difference between Wings of Prey which you had to buy and World of Planes which will be free and attract many more people ?

Quote:
World of Tanks has many people playing it because it's fun. WOP IMO was never fun, because when I buy a flight sim, I fully expect an actual flight sim. But I'll try it.

Wings of Prey is not World of Planes, cannot compare them to each other.

Quote:
It's going to be one massive full-on airquake. Not my cup of tea.

Just like every other Il2 server in history or cliffs of dover.

#3323378 - 06/20/11 07:18 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Nuggets...like ive said before ive got no problem with your posts, anything that's gets people talking is good.

But you do know that we ALL want WOP or what ever flight sim game to come out after that to be better than whats come before?
If WOP is the best thing since sliced bread then that's fantastic!! we will all play it.
If its better than COD, ROF or BOP or DCa10 we will play it
If WOP2 is better than WOP we will play that.
If COD2 is better than WOP we will play that.

You get what im saying?

#3323379 - 06/20/11 07:21 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

You get what im saying?

Yes but others think that whatever Oleg has done is the best thing ever and everything else is $@!@$$, even though it had reviews of 3-4/10 and is still broken but they praise it,

and here when a fantastic multiplayer game comes for free they say it's krap lol

#3323393 - 06/20/11 07:35 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

You get what im saying?

Yes but others think that whatever Oleg has done is the best thing ever and everything else is $@!@$$, even though it had reviews of 3-4/10 and is still broken but they praise it,

and here when a fantastic multiplayer game comes for free they say it's krap lol

I don't think anyone really knows anything about it, especially you, other that it's going to be 'World of Nuggetx' so far (shivers).

Seriously, your motivation is just getting revenge on people? Some complete strangers praise something you don't like so you have a little mission to try to upset them? Who cares - really?

I'm going to enjoy giving you a kicking when Gaijin announce the real costs though, my wee forum friend smile

#3323405 - 06/20/11 07:46 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

Quote:

And this is why people like you don't get it nuggz. IL2 is a WIP. It's still being worked on today, 10 years after it's release. That says 10 fold about it's reputation, following, and customer base. Wings of Prey is dead and to add insult to injury, instead of fixing the things people asked for in WOP, they completely scrap it for a whole revamped everything and game.

IL2COD is still yet to be fully released in the world, but it follows the original IL2's way. It's a WIP. But the thing you don't seem to understand, which I would assume is because you are used to Gaijin and WOP, is that IL2COD will be fixed and continually updated. More content will always be released. More features will always come. More theaters of war will follow and more of features "very much WIP" that don't work yet, will slowly get sorted. IL2COD just like old IL2 will be around for a very long time.

That's the reason whatever Oleg has done is bought up like hot cakes. The newer folks that were never around for the old IL2 are extremely disgusted, probably again, because they think they won't get a working title ever. Those of us that have witnessed all the features, fixed, revamped everything through the old dev process of IL2, know exactly what we are getting and how bright the future holds.

Not too many developers, if any, has this type of sustainment and support. So it's not really hard to believe people like yourself, not being used to 1C and OM's ways, would think that IL2COD is a failure. Based upon what I've seen already (the game engine, the DM, the CEM, the FMB, the endless scripting and coding ability for missions, and the millions of those crazy details 1/2 of which were never shown or bragged about) the ingredients are all there to have the new IL2 replace the old one very soon. But as expected, it will take time, and I'm going to enjoy the crap outta just figuring out all the sheer amounts of complexity in detail in IL2COD until then. And this has nothing to do with glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty. The future of IL2COD will be down right amazing.

#3323411 - 06/20/11 07:55 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: ATAG_Bliss]  
nuggetx Offline
nuggetx  Offline

[quote] The future of IL2COD will be down right amazing.

Ok so wait 6 more years for 'future' Cod while i play my game in next month.

Everyones happy.

#3323423 - 06/20/11 08:05 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

[quote=SYN_Bliss]
Quote:
The future of IL2COD will be down right amazing.

Everyones happy.

Ah, we're back in the dark cupboard. Thread moved.

Thanks for playing nuggetx, it was fun while it lasted smile

#3323424 - 06/20/11 08:07 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
ATAG_Bliss Offline
ATAG_Bliss  Offline

I'm actually surprised that in the 6 years of development they completed as much as they did. On a grand scale they bit off WAY more than they can chew. To me it's pretty obvious. Sadly it takes many hours just to see how much complexity (where that dev time went) is there. As many of it is hidden in things you wouldn't notice (certain gauges getting stuck pulling the right amount of G's, different license plates / serial numbers, for every different tank/truck/etc you place through the FMB, or something as simple as a crash landing and seeing fuel leaking on to the ground from structural damage) Everyday I play it, I see more and more insane "Oleg" style detail.

And about World of Planes, trust me, if it's good, I'll be playing it as well. I just don't have high hopes for it based on the developers past products. I will definitely give it a go though.

#3323463 - 06/20/11 08:46 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
[quote=SYN_Bliss]
Quote:
The future of IL2COD will be down right amazing.

Everyones happy.

Not sure how your going to play your game next month when Beta testing won't start until atleast September, with the release many months after that.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3323471 - 06/20/11 08:51 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
Philip_ed Offline
Philip_ed  Offline

When Nuggetx becomes an adult, maybe he'll do well to find out that a simulation and sim-mode are two completely different things. WoP has showed us a lot; graphics and the like are enticing, but the failure to become a complete simulation makes the title a one-hit wonder.
Hence why Gaijin are proceeding with World-of-Planes, rather than drastically updating WoP, because they realise their offline market is flawed. There is no real offline market. They won't succeed, but for the adolescents looking for a first-person aerial shooter which is 'like a simulation' World of planes may satisfy them... (who wants to bet how long for?)

Seriously, World Of Planes would interest me if it opened to the offline market...sometimes it's fun to take a break from serious simming (no joke intended).

"Our name is Hornet Squadron, no bloody good are we.
We cannot shoot, we can not fight, nor march like infantry.
But when it comes to pay parade, we shout with all our might:
Per Ardua ad Astra, Up yours Jack we're alright!"

Flt Lt Kellaway
#3323508 - 06/20/11 09:56 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

I think that WoP will be the same kind of "Simulation" as WoT!

#3323556 - 06/20/11 11:18 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Nuggy's expectations will turn to expectorations.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------

#3323574 - 06/20/11 11:53 PM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
WynnTTr Offline
WynnTTr  Offline

I personally can't wait for when this is released - just to rag on Nuggetx some more. He's braying so much about this "sim" that it's only going to be that much more fun and satisfying to proverbially shoot him down.

#3323584 - 06/21/11 12:18 AM Re: On 'Why WoP will be realistic and best sim for multiplayer ever' [Re: nuggetx]  
xnomad Offline
xnomad  Offline

Sydney, Australia
It's true what's being said here, because of Nuggetx I already hate this 'World of Planes' game and probably won't look into it. He's not someone I'd want to market my products.

I imagine the game will stop every few minutes to allow messages from sponsors? "Your 30mm Minengeschoss was brought to you by Bosch; use Bosch when flying for 'The Bosh'" Or something like that.....

i5-2500K / P67A-UD3-B3 / GTX 560TI 1GB 900MHz OC
2 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM / Samsung 500GB Spinpoint F3 7200rpm / Antec TP 750 PSU / Win 7 HP 64bit / TrackIR 5 / MSFFB2 / CH Pro Throttle / CH Pro Pedals
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.