Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3313508 - 06/08/11 05:23 AM Jason, if there's one thing  
Damocles Offline
Damocles  Offline

Inverness Scotland
Apart from taking a VERY well deserved break.

Please, please, please stop/prevent/limit A.I pilots from heading for the deck when attacked, unless it's a dying bird ruse obviously tactical.

I enjoy flying the superb quick mission builder, when I need a quick fix, play time is very limited for me at the moment, but setting up a mission at anything apart from on the deck leads to a very repetitive dive for the ground, which makes setting up combats at 20,000 ft plus rather pointless.

So, thank you for the superb effort by yourself and the team, official or otherwise, but, not that you're sitting around twiddling your thumbs looking for something to do, could you please take a look.

Off to go and finish building my house now so that I can get on with important stuff like RoF (if only you'd delayed this latest patch until I'd finished, darn you bottles )

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3313556 - 06/08/11 07:46 AM Re: Jason, if there's one thing [Re: Damocles]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
These updates keep getting in the way of my renovations as well, I am supposed to be painting this weekend, but it will have to be fit in around a bit of campaigning.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3313557 - 06/08/11 07:49 AM Re: Jason, if there's one thing [Re: Damocles]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
I've found the AI will only go to ground if you push them down. If they dive and you follow they keep going. They try to evade while keeping energy, which they can only do by trading height. If they dive and you maintain your alt they try to climb to you again to attack. Had some very enjoyable combats with the AI at alt, trying to maintain control of a stand off dogfight keeping alt.

#3313580 - 06/08/11 09:24 AM Re: Jason, if there's one thing [Re: Damocles]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

OT @Brigstock: Lately I've been flying on CryHavoc server online! Many thanks, it's fast, reliable and noob-friendly (a plus for me, i'm definitely not good)

With a friend of mine we meet every saturday for some get-together on "your" server and being both noooooobzers we take our time, learning single and paired take off, working out navigation, formation flying and I think this saturday is time for some combat as well.

Just a question, if I may.
How do the dinamic missions work? 'cause we took off before the server message "mission start" and landed around when it said "land now" but still we got no points or anything.

And also, is it normal to see bullet bouncing off the Central Powers balloon? It took me a lot to down them...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3313887 - 06/08/11 04:30 PM Re: Jason, if there's one thing [Re: komemiute]  
Biggles07 Offline
Biggles07  Offline

Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
+1 To Damocles, could not agree more. It seems perhaps a wee bit churlish to complain too much atm, but yes it is frustrating and gets tedious. Ideally, it would be great to have a configurable option to return to the older AI if we choose, or even better do further work on the AI wholesale.

@Komemiute, the new tougher balloons are a feature mate, they now (realistically) take more volume of fire to bring down, and you should open up at least within 300yds....Preferably much closer. Smile2

PS Thanks a bunch to the Staff of 777, you can all be very proud of what you have achieved. thumbsup Cracking stuff all round. Really enjoying it! yep

beercheers

Last edited by Biggles07; 06/08/11 04:32 PM. Reason: Bollocks

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill
#3313896 - 06/08/11 04:47 PM Re: Jason, if there's one thing [Re: Damocles]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I just think it's a conspiracy by the AI to make you dive too fast and thus ripping off your wings. I know, I've fallen for this trap a couple of times. lol

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3313989 - 06/08/11 06:08 PM Re: Jason, if there's one thing [Re: Biggles07]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
Happy Birthday komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Biggles07

@Komemiute, the new tougher balloons are a feature mate, they now (realistically) take more volume of fire to bring down, and you should open up at least within 300yds....Preferably much closer. Smile2

Yeah yeah, I was just asking for info smile
On the server I eventually managed.

I started trying to shoot at them from... behind? I mean hitting them "uphill", if you know what I mean. I've seen the bullet ricocheting all around. From about 400 yrds on to point blank. Very close, I swear.

Then I though, ok dudes, just like inclined armor on tanks, uh? And tried to shoot from the sides.
A couple slashing attacks and it did the trick. I honestly couldn't believe a rubber and skin balloon would resist bullets...

I've never flown in WWI and have no idea what to expect.

Do you CryHavoc guys have some sort of guidelines? or books to read?

Or anyone of you guys? biggrin No offence intended.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3314093 - 06/08/11 08:01 PM Re: Jason, if there's one thing [Re: komemiute]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Originally Posted By: komemiute
OT @Brigstock: Lately I've been flying on CryHavoc server online! Many thanks, it's fast, reliable and noob-friendly (a plus for me, i'm definitely not good)

With a friend of mine we meet every saturday for some get-together on "your" server and being both noooooobzers we take our time, learning single and paired take off, working out navigation, formation flying and I think this saturday is time for some combat as well.

Just a question, if I may.
How do the dinamic missions work? 'cause we took off before the server message "mission start" and landed around when it said "land now" but still we got no points or anything.

And also, is it normal to see bullet bouncing off the Central Powers balloon? It took me a lot to down them...

Hi Komeniute

Yep what was said above. Hit balloons side on. Historically a balloon attack was a very risky job, they weren't easy to hit and the AA defence around them was intense.

As for messages they are really only there for purists. They have no bearing on mission outcome or points.

EDIT:I'm currently hosting Chill31 high Alt War missions. Lots of AAA to push the fight off of ground level.

Last edited by Brigstock; 06/08/11 08:04 PM.

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.