Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3311078 - 06/05/11 01:04 AM No Longer able to fly FMB or Single missions  
timholt Offline
timholt  Offline

Adelaide, Australia
I posted this on the IC forum but did not get any responses.

I can no longer fly any of the FMB missions, i.e. ones that came with game, ones I have developed and ones others have developed.
When I try to fly a FMB mission (from Single Missions) it opens with a screen that has only one option - "Select a plane", I do that that and it then brings up a screen with the "Fly" choice. I Hit that and it goes back to a screen with the single option of "Select a Plane" again.
It is a continuous loop that it cannot get out of.

I have deleted all the cache files in the CoD cache folder and tried to verify cache files in Steam, but it just sits there at 0% and nothing happens.

Quick missions fire up OK, it is just any missions under Single Missions that will not work.

This first occurred immediately after this:

I had a vehicle column strafing mission in FMB. It was OK until I added a second a/c and assigned both a/c with newly downloaded skins. Once the attack began (flying 109-E's) the German voice started and just kept repeating the same sentence over and over again. This carried on for other every mission I opened thereafter i.e. the same phrase from the original strafing FMB mission would just not go away. I had to restart the game to get rid of it, but from thereon, the continuous loop problem began.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what was the fix?

Last edited by timholt; 06/05/11 01:09 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3311109 - 06/05/11 02:55 AM Re: No Longer able to fly FMB or Single missions [Re: timholt]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Since you're not getting a lot of ideas, my first thought is to leave the Steam integrity thing for longer - it can take a long time with some games? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Other than that, if your Steam Cloud is disabled then perhaps try renaming your 'Documents/1C SoftClub' directory to see if a total settings reset helps.

#3311131 - 06/05/11 03:45 AM Re: No Longer able to fly FMB or Single missions [Re: FearlessFrog]  
timholt Offline
timholt  Offline

Adelaide, Australia
Thanks Fearless, I shall give it (Steam verification) longer than the minute or 2 (I have been letting it sit stagnant) after we get home this afternoon. Although from memory, whenever I have done this in the past it always showed some activity almost instantaneously.

Edit; you were right, I just needed to wait longer for steam to verify the files, but unfortunately that did not fix the problem. I might go back and delete all the FMB's I have created and see if that cures it.

Edit No.2 Well I opened up the mission (where all the troubles began) in the FMB and deleted all. Went back to the game and tried several single missions and they all opened. I inadvertantly reopened the problem child mission (now a blank slate) again whilst doing this and from thereon could not open any single missions once more. Closed the game and deleted the mission from the CoD/Missions/Single folder and all is well again.
So something quirky was going on in that mission file somehow.

Last edited by timholt; 06/05/11 07:17 AM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.