Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3293810 - 05/13/11 12:47 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Lobber Offline
Lobber  Offline

Upstate NY
I'm not getting the repeated reference to having to yell SWAT. When they kicked the door in, I'll bet they were all screaming Police or Sheriffs Dept. I never had to yell SRT...Were her ears ringing? They throw distraction devices?

And stop wrapping the flag around every vet. As a road MP for 5 years I can tell the military has it's share of the biggest scumbags on the planet too...

HAF-X, ASUS X58 Sabertooth, Intel i7-970, 12GB HyperX DDR3-1600, EVGA 970, 60G SSD, 1TB 7200,Win10-64
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3293826 - 05/13/11 01:05 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: Magnum]  
FozzyBear Offline
FozzyBear  Offline

Originally Posted By: Magnum
And Fozzy, your a big tough man with your threats behind an IP address... I dare you.

That's funny coming from a guy holding a shotgun in his hand in a recent article of yours, which is full of grammatical errors.

#3293919 - 05/13/11 03:02 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Quote:
That's funny coming from a guy holding a shotgun in his hand in a recent article of yours, which is full of grammatical errors.

man o man.... not only do you not know about this topic, you also got the wrong person on the above statement.

doh...

#3293936 - 05/13/11 03:50 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Oh great the Grammer Police are here!

The last time something like this happened around here, SWAT had the wrong address and busted in on a Mung family. Luckly everbody missed shooting at each other.

#3293967 - 05/13/11 04:58 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: Magnum]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
1. Did they get a warrant from a court of law? (then they had probable cause)

2. Was this ex-Marine in fact a drug dealer? (If so then he knew the risk to self and family)

3. Did SWAT follow procedure? (if they did then they should of ID'ed themselves.)

4. Was their drugs in the house? (whether you agree with drug laws or not, it's currently illegal... don't hate the police for enforcing laws, contact your law makers)

If SWAT was wrong, and sometimes they are... then they should pay for the mistake... but I'd say 99% of the time a SWAT raid is legal, justified, and carried out properly.

And Fozzy, your a big tough man with your threats behind an IP address... I dare you.

1. I agree, a warrant grants them the right to search the home. Still, if he thought it was a home invasion, I think the situation was mishandled.

2. Um, what? Being gunned down by a SWAT team is a risk of being an ALLEGED drug dealer? Since when?

Now, refusing to lower an assault rifle (and if SWAT did their home work, they were very, very aware that he knows how to use it), THAT carries the risk of being shot.

3. Agreed. People have a right to know they are having their home searched in accordance with the law. This also gives them a chance to co-operate with law enforcement.

4. Again, shooting a man in his home after finding drugs IS NOT THE LAW. Shooting a man because hes holding an officer at gun point is.

Also, I agree that issuing death threats over the internet is pathetic.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#3293976 - 05/13/11 05:17 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
of course I didn't mean it how you took it...

What I meant was that if your a criminal and you know your a criminal you have to expect that there is a good chance SWAT will be crashing in your door one night.... just like cops have to expect that there is a chance they will be shot or killed by a criminal. So the defense that he didn't know they were cops (if they followed proper, by law, procedures of announcing themselves) don't fly.

I can't read the article, it's blocked at work here.... so I would like to know more facts, and not speculation from cop haters, criminals, or family members.

If SWAT f'ed up... then they need to explain and pay for mistakes... IE: wrong house, not a drug dealer, didn't announce.

IMO

#3293980 - 05/13/11 05:19 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
BTW, our undercover guys have to buy dope and record it a number of times before getting a warrant and raiding a house... you don't just pick a house to raid... it's usually months of pre-raid work.

#3293982 - 05/13/11 05:22 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Jinro Offline
Jinro  Offline

Quote:
Now, refusing to lower a rifle (and if SWAT did their home work, they were very, very aware that he knows how to use it), THAT carries the risk of being shot.

Fixed. It's not an "assault rifle" unless it's select-fire.

#3293990 - 05/13/11 05:45 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Cali Offline
Military Advisor - USAF
Cali  Offline
Military Advisor - USAF

Davis-Monthan AFB, Az
This is sad to hear, but I wonder what really happened. There in Arizona, Tucson area since it's close to the mexico border. I know when I took my CCW class a few months ago the instructor told us some crazy stories. He has been a detective for over 14 years. I can see if they didn't yell SWAT, I'd get my gun also.

i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard

#3293997 - 05/13/11 06:00 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: NH2112]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Originally Posted By: NH2112
A FORMER Marine died, and like any other group the Marines have their bad apples (not saying Guerena was a bad apple, but having been a Marine doesn't automatically make him an angel.) But the fact remains, if you have a weapon in your hands when SWAT shows up you are rightly going to be taken down. If the investigation finds any improprieties on the part of the SWAT or the SD then someone needs to go to prison, and perhaps the use of no-knock forcible entries when executing warrants has to stop, but a SWAT team should never have to say "pretty please with sugar on top" and give you 3 chances to put your weapon down.

When you hear someone breaking down your door, especially in an area of the country known for bandits doing that exact thing, you have every right to pull a gun and defend yourself.

If this Marine is cleared and these SWAT members made a mistake, everyone in that chain of command deserves to do hard time, from the guy who authorized the raid, to the guy who knocked the door in, to the guy who pulled the trigger. I'm sick and tired of the police doing things like this and getting off or letting the guys on the ground take the fall, when some of the higher-ups should be doing time too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Johnston_shooting

And in this case the cops should be in jail for breaking and entry:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1941066/posts

Sorry, but I once took a wrong turn into an alley in Chicago trying to turn around. It was a mistake because the one-way sign was graffiti covered and basically unreadable. I received a ticket. When I took the photo of the sign to court the judge told me, "Just because you made a mistake and the sign wasn't clear, ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law." He proceeded to fine me over $100.

I'm tired of officers not being held to the same standards of the law.

If I did this: http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/34/3458.asp

I would be in jail for identity theft and all other sorts of things, but again the police simply violate the 4th Amendment and get away with it.

It's why I don't really trust police officers as defenders of liberty. When it comes to the Constitution, Rights or even moral right from wrong, you can count on the officers siding with the abusive government and not the citizen or Natural Rights. I know that will offend a lot of the officers on this board, but explain to me why police officers didn't protest the blatant violation of the 4th Amendment in seizing the data from cell phones without just cause or a warrant and instead went along with it like it was moral and Constitutional?

Last edited by Timothy; 05/13/11 06:04 AM.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#3293998 - 05/13/11 06:02 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: Magnum]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
BTW, our undercover guys have to buy dope and record it a number of times before getting a warrant and raiding a house... you don't just pick a house to raid... it's usually months of pre-raid work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Johnston_shooting

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1941066/posts

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
#3294000 - 05/13/11 06:11 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Soon as the rest of the non-simming CE crew shows up i'll move this topic down there. wink

#3294002 - 05/13/11 06:14 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Also, I think people need to understand that Arizona has had previous cases where people dress as police officers and raid a house:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnew...-shot-dead.html

We also had a drug cartel commit a hit by having their hitmen dress like police and entering the house.

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/mexican_cartels_and_fallout_phoenix

So if this Marine was innocent, you can't blame him for shooting first and asking questions later.

The cops seem to be making it look like a movie than an act issue:

Quote:
According to officials, Jose crouched with his AR-15 and said, "I have something for you!"

My first impression of this line is that it appears they've been watching too much scar face.

http://www.kgun9.com/story/14621212/marine-killed-by-swat-was-acting-in-defense-says-family

Time will tell, but if this Marine is cleared, there needs to be hell to pay.

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
#3294003 - 05/13/11 06:16 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Originally Posted By: DaveSHQ
Soon as the rest of the non-simming CE crew shows up i'll move this topic down there. wink

As if we didn't know it was headed down there already. postcount

Besides are you not saying I don't sim? How dare you besmirch my honor. biggrin

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
#3294004 - 05/13/11 06:17 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: Timothy]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Originally Posted By: Timothy
Besides are you not saying I don't sim? How dare you besmirch my honor. biggrin

Posting history my friend. smile

#3294005 - 05/13/11 06:17 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: Magnum]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
of course I didn't mean it how you took it...

What I meant was that if your a criminal and you know your a criminal you have to expect that there is a good chance SWAT will be crashing in your door one night.... just like cops have to expect that there is a chance they will be shot or killed by a criminal. So the defense that he didn't know they were cops (if they followed proper, by law, procedures of announcing themselves) don't fly.

I can't read the article, it's blocked at work here.... so I would like to know more facts, and not speculation from cop haters, criminals, or family members.

If SWAT f'ed up... then they need to explain and pay for mistakes... IE: wrong house, not a drug dealer, didn't announce.

IMO

I agree, if this Marine isn't squeaky clean, then it's on him. If he is squeaky clean, then there needs to be hell to pay.

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
#3294011 - 05/13/11 06:30 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
You just can't reason or use common sense with some people, even certain members of SimHQ... I'd like to know the whole story of the original post, but tired of all this "oh cops are so bad, I don't trust them" waa waa crap...

I'll end with this... if you get arrested for slapping your wife, kid, dog or whatever... you keep your job/life... get arrested for DUI you most likely keep your job, get in a bar fight, you will most likely keep your job...not so if your a cop... cops are more policed and held to ridiculous standards all for low "professional" pay and a ungrateful community/leaders etc etc... and anyone could print/post BS.... just looking at the names of those "papers" you linked too... ha ha.

So why do we do it? Well I do it because the car is my office, I like to drive fast with lights and sirens, and I like taking criminals to jail... no other reason. lol

#3294014 - 05/13/11 06:32 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
And in case you think I'm just anti-cop or something like that, I'm not. I just defended a police officer literally yesterday. Here is the proof:

The difference between the image case and the Marine's case is that one was clearly an officer, the other was unclear and if the Marine was clean then the SWAT was definitely and criminally wrong and deserve 2nd Degree charges.

I just refuse to take the officer's side (or anyone else's side) on blind faith.

Magnum,

I'm just wondering what kind of standard is Michigan officers held to when they illegally hack a cellphone and are not charged with a crime?

Last edited by Timothy; 05/13/11 06:37 AM.

Learn Economics at:
Carthago delenda est
#3294070 - 05/13/11 09:20 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: Magnum]  
Josh Echo Offline
Josh Echo  Offline

Originally Posted By: Timothy
I'm tired of officers not being held to the same standards of the law.

At last, someone with sense.

I like taking criminals to jail

Sorry to be the one to break the news to you, but not everyone whom a cop thinks is a criminal is actually a criminal.

#3294076 - 05/13/11 09:33 AM Re: SWAT Team Fires 71 Rounds at Former Marine [Re: FozzyBear]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
Annnnndddd, here we go! popcorn

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.