Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3277725 - 04/23/11 06:22 AM Super Etendard Carrier Ops  
PhantomIIF4 Offline
PhantomIIF4  Offline

United States
Okay so I found a very good Super Etendard that has a working hook and everything. I searched around and found a "working" carrier near Norfolk NS. I was able to land my Super Etendard on the carrier, and it seemingly caught the wire and everything. Pretty sweet!

The problem is I can't figure out how to get it to hook up to the catapult as you do with the Accerlation Pack F/A-18.

I'm running the Gold Edition of FSX, so is there anything I can do (perhaps via the aircraft config tool) to make the Super Etendard act like the F/A-18 when it comes to the game allowing it to hook up to the catapult.

Any thoughts?

Phantoms Phorever!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3281437 - 04/28/11 12:20 AM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
Heretic Offline
Heretic  Offline

GER
RTFM?

#3281735 - 04/28/11 12:49 PM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
PhantomIIF4 Offline
PhantomIIF4  Offline

United States
That's kinda rude.

I've read the manual for FSX (even done the carrier tutorials). My problem was that the SuE despite having a hook (i.e. I found a carrier to land on near Norfolk and the hook engaged the wires so I'm able to land on it), will not engage the catapult gear.

I downloaded a modification for it that adds that capability though, so I'm able to operate the SuE off a carrier now.

The problem is that it seemingly deleted the two alternate paint schemes. The sim doesn't show them in the aircraft selection menu. Thus, I can only fly one Super Etendard model. I'm not sure what the mod did, and I don't know enough about the aircraft config tool to figure out how to change them.

Phantoms Phorever!
#3281918 - 04/28/11 04:31 PM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
Heretic Offline
Heretic  Offline

GER
Well, I can only assume what you did or haven't done from the information in your initial post. If you don't specifically mention that the manual didn't turn up anything useful, I can only assume that this is a case of "Paper is for wusses, I am superman! Hey, this crap won't work!".

No offense, of course, but it has happened before and will happen again over and over and over and over...

The mod must have deleted some aircraft.cfg entries.
Suggestion: Carry over the original aircraft.cfg entries to the modified aircraft.cfg.
Exctract the original .cfg from the installation package and the it's just a matter of copy & pasting the [fltsim.x] entries over to the current one.

#3282047 - 04/28/11 06:45 PM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
Staggolee Offline
Staggolee  Offline

Germany
I don't have a solution for your problem, but do you have a link to that Super Etendard?

Thanks in advance.

#3282053 - 04/28/11 06:54 PM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Staggolee
not sure if it's the same one Phantom has

http://www.mirage4fs.com/etendard.html

#3282420 - 04/29/11 05:28 AM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
PhantomIIF4 Offline
PhantomIIF4  Offline

United States
Staggolee,

The link that Dave provided is where I got the SuE from. Be careful as there are many downloads available on that site and many of them are Etendard IV's, so just make sure the one you click on, is what you are looking for.

The "fix" I found allowing it to operate on the carriers is also on that same site...the link anyways.

Of course as I mentioned, that "fix" seems to have deleted my two alternative SuE paint schemes...I have no idea how to fix it, but I don't want to lose the carrier capabilities so I guess I'll have to learn to live without them. Thankfully the paint scheme I enjoy the most is the one that still works.

Phantoms Phorever!
#3282425 - 04/29/11 05:35 AM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

PhantomIIF4

You don't listen much as was the case when you were active in the Strike Fighters forums...then come back a couple of months later after deleting your install and asking the same questions again lol.

As Heretic tried to tell you check your Aircraft.cfg file. The textures for these missing aircraft are probably still there. The update/mod whatever more then likely changed the .cfg file so it doesn't 'see' your other repaints.

Example .cfg from random aircraft i have. Line texture should say what textures you have 'loaded' What you need to do is look and re-add the data for the textures you say you are missing.

[fltsim.0]
title=OS2U-3
sim=OS2U-3
model =
panel =
sound =
texture = <-------------------------------- Folder name is texture so no name needed
panel_alias =
sound_alias =
kb_checklists =
kb_reference =
atc_id =2190
atc_id_color =
atc_parking_types =
atc_parking_code =
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer = Chance Vought
ui_createdby="Piglet's Peculiar Planes"
ui_type = OS2U-3
ui_variation = US Navy 1943
description =U.S. Navy Observation and Recon Aircraft. Also used for spotting, rescue, anti-sub partols, and training. Can be used in both wheeled and float versions, based on ship catapults, shore bases, and at sea with seaplane tenders.
Served thoughout WW II, and served with the British Navy, Russia, Chile, and others.
visual_damage = 1

[fltsim.1]
title=OS2U-3_RN
sim=OS2U-3
model =
panel =
sound =
texture =rn <-------------------------------------- texture folder name is texture.rn
panel_alias =
sound_alias =
kb_checklists =
kb_reference =
atc_id =FN768
atc_id_color =
atc_parking_types =
atc_parking_code =
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer = Chance Vought
ui_createdby="Piglet's Peculiar Planes"
ui_type = OS2U-3
ui_variation = British Royal Navy, 1943
description = U.S. Navy Observation and Recon Aircraft. Also used for spotting, rescue, anti-sub partols, and training. Can be used in both wheeled and float versions, based on ship catapults, shore bases, and at sea with seaplane tenders.
Served thoughout WW II, and served with the British Navy, Russia, Chile, and others.
visual_damage = 1

#3282756 - 04/29/11 04:14 PM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
Heretic Offline
Heretic  Offline

GER
This is the original site, btw:
http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Projets.htm

Beware: French.

#3283324 - 04/30/11 10:11 AM Re: Super Etendard Carrier Ops [Re: PhantomIIF4]  
PhantomIIF4 Offline
PhantomIIF4  Offline

United States
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to see what I can do with those aircraft.cfg files.

The next step is to find more carriers than the one near Norfolk that I can actually use with the SuE.

Phantoms Phorever!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.