Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3275862 - 04/21/11 08:14 AM (tiny) bit of news from the developers  
DocW Offline
DocW  Offline

Quote:
On Russian forum from developers (not official statement):
Quote:
Cyrillic fonts not able to by displayed here

Translation: at this point about 50% of features is off (just not ready), but devs will slowly add this features in game when it is ready. In future: new clouds with sub-scattering, new weather, landscape.

Also they say that current water is place-holder from DX9 version. New water will have a wave, surf, and will be transparent - you can see ships below waterline, submarine, bottom of the sea.

But right now they fixing bugs and work on optimisation.

was from here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21852

Michael.

Last edited by DocW; 04/21/11 08:15 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3275865 - 04/21/11 08:19 AM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
Deltahawkoz2004 Offline
Deltahawkoz2004  Offline

Ozzie
Very nice. I am actually quite happy with the water as is, out in the channel. Looks great, dynamic on my sys.

The lurker formerly known as Deltahawk and Deltahawk53
#3275873 - 04/21/11 08:31 AM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
911dan Offline
911dan  Offline

Good job at copy/paste from another forum! Too bad Ilya already explained the original poster hasn't worked for MG in 18 months. clapping

#3275878 - 04/21/11 08:45 AM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: 911dan]  
DocW Offline
DocW  Offline

Originally Posted By: 911dan
Good job at copy/paste from another forum! Too bad Ilya already explained the original poster hasn't worked for MG in 18 months. clapping

nevertheless is the thread an interesting read, and Luthier mentioned that yes but went not so far to invalidate the things said.

Michael.

#3275908 - 04/21/11 10:33 AM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: 911dan]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

Not quite! The statement that the current game has only "50% stuff switched on" came as REPLY to the the guy who was not working at MG for 18 months (KYA ex MG) FROM a person who CURRENTLY works with Luthier on COD (Mexanuk). So, we have every reason to believe that this statement is in fact true.

#3275909 - 04/21/11 10:37 AM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
So 50% of the game is officially porked? Seems about right to me...

S.

Last edited by sascha; 04/21/11 10:37 AM.

System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
#3275916 - 04/21/11 10:47 AM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
Daveb123 Offline
Daveb123  Offline

Yes a very interesting thread and some helpful insights into what really went on behind the walls at 1c/MG.... the sad fiasco and crazy debacle over COD's lack of creditable development...as most of us have alreday found out the hard way, this game is not only unfinished...its unfinished beyond belief and this ex employees disgruntled remarks only serve to highlight the total shambles, the lack of management and disorder within the Dev team....so much for the great Oleg maddox providing leadership and direction in important times and living up to his name as a well respected and capable guru in his field...in reality it looks like he's nothing more than a lowly deserter who left his post and the struggling/inadequate team to fumble on in the dark without him..

So at least 50% of the games contents are nothing more than crappy place-holders, temp insertions to hold the game together, no wonder it lacks so much finesse, the cheap awful sounds, the crappy AI, the dx9 basic shader routines everywhere like flickering ground shadows, the dx9 water, the laughable and rubbish clouds that swirl around worse than the FSX 2d sprites!, the lack of rain or any weather engine, the pseudo full screen mode that wont allow proper FSAA or even the use of 3rd party forced AA because they need true full screen modes to work!.....its a shame that this sort of thing happens in the modern world of games software...this game got neglected and messed about so much its shameful they even released it in such a state, shameful for ALL involved.....it obviously has HUGE potential still and already even after a few patches shows great promise....lets just hope Luthier can continue to sort this mess out!......no wonder Oleg maddox did a runner!....he boasts other jobs and other commitments...shows where his priorities must now reside i guess, shame becausde i cant help feeling if he led this development with 100% commitment and conviction it would of been awesome now!...and not in another 2-3 years!...

#3275950 - 04/21/11 11:34 AM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
Tango Offline
Tango  Offline

Milton Keynes, Bucks. England
Hmm. On the other hand, we've been waiting for it for years and now, at least, we have something in our sticky little mitts.

The way I see it is that they are probably under pressure to bring some cash in for all their outlay so they've released what is, essentially a beta. They could have been more honest about it, but the absolute worst case scenario is that the game flops, the company goes belly up and the game is completed by the fans.

By the time it's ready, I might even have a computer that runs it smoothly :-)

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 CPU: AMD FX 6100 6 core 3.30GHz
RAM: 8GB corsair (2 x 4GB) GFX: GeForce EVGA GTX 570 HD PSU: Arctic Pro 950W OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 Joy: Saitek X-45 Peds: CH Pro Pedals Mouse: Madcatz R.A.T.3 TrackIR3: V5 software Mic: Samson GoMic
#3275993 - 04/21/11 12:53 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
Slingn Offline
Slingn  Offline

I want to see submarines under the water. That will be cool. I'm sure most of the visuals like that will come with dx11.

#3275998 - 04/21/11 01:00 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: Daveb123]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Daveb123
Yes a very interesting thread and some helpful insights into what really went on behind the walls at 1c/MG.... the sad fiasco and crazy debacle over COD's lack of creditable development...as most of us have alreday found out the hard way, this game is not only unfinished...its unfinished beyond belief and this ex employees disgruntled remarks only serve to highlight the total shambles, the lack of management and disorder within the Dev team....so much for the great Oleg maddox providing leadership and direction in important times and living up to his name as a well respected and capable guru in his field...in reality it looks like he's nothing more than a lowly deserter who left his post and the struggling/inadequate team to fumble on in the dark without him..

So at least 50% of the games contents are nothing more than crappy place-holders, temp insertions to hold the game together, no wonder it lacks so much finesse, the cheap awful sounds, the crappy AI, the dx9 basic shader routines everywhere like flickering ground shadows, the dx9 water, the laughable and rubbish clouds that swirl around worse than the FSX 2d sprites!, the lack of rain or any weather engine, the pseudo full screen mode that wont allow proper FSAA or even the use of 3rd party forced AA because they need true full screen modes to work!.....its a shame that this sort of thing happens in the modern world of games software...this game got neglected and messed about so much its shameful they even released it in such a state, shameful for ALL involved.....it obviously has HUGE potential still and already even after a few patches shows great promise....lets just hope Luthier can continue to sort this mess out!......no wonder Oleg maddox did a runner!....he boasts other jobs and other commitments...shows where his priorities must now reside i guess, shame becausde i cant help feeling if he led this development with 100% commitment and conviction it would of been awesome now!...and not in another 2-3 years!...

Ah, another one of our "new" one-month members spamming the forum with total BS. Wonder which one of the regular haters hide behind this one.

So nice to be able to call others (who have no possibility to reply) "lowly deserters"... - Real classy. What the hell do you know about the development? Oh, and where is the other great and marvellous sim you are comparing to? Let's see the fantastic flight sim you have developed.

Sounds like you didn't even fly the sim yet, because it is a whole lot better than your "description". Is it the water that everyone loves which you call a "crappy place-holder"? - I think you yourself are a crappy place-holder, why don't you own up to who you really are?

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3276004 - 04/21/11 01:07 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
FlatSpinMan Offline
FlatSpinMan  Offline

Land of the Rising Sun
Or maybe he is genuine and you're being an a$s for no good reason. That may also be the case.

#3276006 - 04/21/11 01:10 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

Better pray for good sales because these guys aren't going to do all this for free.

#3276010 - 04/21/11 01:12 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

Yes, I understood Mexanuk's (actual current dev) words as that the engine is capable of much greater things than what we see now and that additional awesomeness will be gradually turned on with ongoing optimisation. I see it as a positive, not as another excuse to bash.

Last edited by Borsch; 04/21/11 01:13 PM.
#3276014 - 04/21/11 01:18 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: sascha]  
Borsch Offline
Borsch  Offline

Originally Posted By: sascha
So 50% of the game is officially porked? Seems about right to me...

S.

Well, porked and switched off are different things imho. Ilya always said that this is a long term project, so new features will be activated as both software and hardware grow. Like in IL2, like in RoF.

Last edited by Borsch; 04/21/11 01:18 PM.
#3276015 - 04/21/11 01:18 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
You seem very pleased Dave

#3276019 - 04/21/11 01:26 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
CHDT Offline
CHDT  Offline

Switzerland
All this makes me think to the Curtiss Wright factory, which declined the P-40 in a tons of variants (IL-2) and ended with the calamitous XP-87 (Clodo).
Sometimes it's dangerous to be too big in a specific market.

#3276023 - 04/21/11 01:32 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: Daveb123]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Originally Posted By: Daveb123

So many opinions and not one is based on actual knowledge of the inner workings of a the dev team.

#3276035 - 04/21/11 01:59 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
People seem to have forgotten about the countless "wish list" threadhs over the years.

A good example, this is just an example out of many, is the clickable cockpit. There where several looooong topics about this feature. Flaming raged from one side to the other, its pointless unnecessary labor for a feature only gonna be used once/no its not etc. Oleg himselfe stated it wasnt worth the extra work load.

All of a sudden he/they announces there will in fact be clickable cockpits, no doubt due to our persistent "request". And now? Well most people who apparently get their rocks of complaining, decide to complain that it doesnt work properly or isnt complete enough. They are not saying, great, clickable cockpit, they are saying: why is that or this missing etc. WTF is that? Same thing with graphics. Realistic graphics is a must, when we get it, same people complains when it taxes their system (not even close to what i personally thought though and not counting mysterious stutters etc)

A LARGE part of the game not being finished at this stage is entirely our own doing for asking, no, demanding that the exhaust flames are the "right" colour, colour of grass needs to be changed, right amount of rivets is essential, tracers is all wrong, pilot is to small, his head to big etc etc etc ad nausea.

U wonder why its not finished, look at your self and the rest of the community and what u/we all have been asking for these last few years and maby, just maby, the penny will drop.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 04/21/11 02:02 PM.
#3276063 - 04/21/11 02:25 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Could not have said it better myself Ghost

#3276086 - 04/21/11 02:45 PM Re: (tiny) bit of news from the developers [Re: DocW]  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
Requests and demands from forum posts made during development brought down Cliffs of Dover?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.