Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3273203 - 04/18/11 04:41 PM Patch is out  
Simbo_Sim123 Offline
Simbo_Sim123  Offline

Tonyrefail South Wales
Downloading via Steam now 230 meg

Paul

Last edited by Simbo 123 SQDN; 04/18/11 04:42 PM.

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3273213 - 04/18/11 04:46 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
Yup.. coming in right now ... I wonder if they've changed anything from the beta-version ...

System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
#3273216 - 04/18/11 04:48 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
I hope they got rid off the frequent crashes I've encountered with the latest beta patch.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3273219 - 04/18/11 04:49 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
WastedJoker Offline
WastedJoker  Offline

Patch notes?

Quote:
MULTIPLAYER

* Added a new Steam Lobby feature to the Multiplayer section as an alternative to the existing server search. A lobby is a place for players to gather before joining or creating a server. The most important feature of a Lobby is that it allows one to join servers running on a non-public IP, bypassing network address translation. It will of course also allow you to send players to a public IP server just as well.
When a lobby links to a public IP server, that server can be accessed both from the Lobby, or directly from the Server search. With a non-public IP, the only way to access a server is through a lobby.
When running a dedicated server, the lobby host can link to it by pressing the Find Server button. Otherwise just press Play to create a new Server.
[to be expanded]
* Fixed certain aircraft flame and smoke effects not syncing when playing on-line and recording tracks.

GRAPHICS

* Further improvements to framerate in regards to the terrain engine. It will be most noticeable on machines with 4+ CPU cores.
* SSAO is optional, can be toggled on the fly with a checkbox in Video Options. Turning SSAO off will slightly decrease the graphical quality of the game while improving performance.
* Texture quality slider added to video options. The settings are Original (no change), High (reduced 2x), Medium (reduced 4x) and Low (reduced 8x). Lowering texture size will cause significant performance gain on lower-end machines at the expense of the graphic quality. Please not that the feature is smart enough not to downscale aircraft textures, so the most crucial components of the game will remain unaffected.

AIRCRAFT

* Completely removed overload assessment from carburetters. Rolls-Royce engines will now cut if overload is negative, and will not cut if it is positive. (old values were sneezing at .5G, and cut-out at .25 which we felt were dead on, but this apparently confused most of the players)
* When starting in mid-air, all gyro instruments will be spinned up so you don't have to wait for AH to get in shape, as well as course setters and DI set to actual heading for you.
* Reworked damage module to work dramatically faster when a plane is under heavy bullet bombardment.
* Elevator trim is now set close to neutral when starting in air.
* Returned the water splash when a plane plummets into the water.
* The Spitfire DM will no longer occasionally ignore detached rear fuselage.
* Changed WEP control feedback on Bf. 109. Rather than showing an 'On-Off' message, it now will show if it actually is switched on, and when it actually switches off.
* Fixed minor Bf. 109 damage visuals.
* Ju. 88 gear struts now break off gear well covers when they detach from the plane.
* Fixed missing power cords in Bf. 109 and Hurricane cockpits.
* Fixed visual issue with bullet holes in cockpit glass.
* Fixed issue with FW. 200 radiator flaps floating on detached engines.
* Fixed missing geometry on Spitfire's damaged right wing under the landing flap.
* Reworked movement of the Hurricane boost cut-out pull knob.
* Fixed minor Bf. 110 damage visuals.
* Propellers on detached motors will now appear stalled.
* New spectacular fuel storage explosions (blow up those large round cistern buildings around the map)
* An invisible mental force won't raise your landing flaps on the strip after you start the engine any more.
* Replaced every tachometer in every British and Italian plane with an electrical type, since some people find needle movement on the mechanical type not what they expected.
* Jammed and stuck motors won't budge when flying at high speed.
* Adjusted behavior of broken engines.
* Doubled quantity of air in undercarriage emergency discharge containers. This makes it more likely that your emergency gear will have enough momentum to push the struts down till they lock.
* Landing flaps on Bf. 110 can now be ripped off only as whole, not in halves.
* Bf. 110 hydraulics pump is now driven by its right motor as it should.
* Fixed a bug with carburetor backfire always causing intake damage.
* New assessment causes less initial destruction to surrounding area when fuel storage explodes.
* Fuel storage fires, on the contrary, will be more destructive.
* Flames and heat from aerial fires will now make a plane catch fire, rather than break its parts.
* Implemented new getParameter() to AiAircraft interface to allow more access to aircraft state in mission scripts.

Last edited by WastedJoker; 04/18/11 04:50 PM.
#3273223 - 04/18/11 04:50 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
^can't tell yet.. still downloading with wildly fluctuating speed (100 - 690 KB/s) frown.

System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
#3273226 - 04/18/11 04:53 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
Spyder512 Offline
Spyder512  Offline

Franklinville, New Jersey
If i've put in the beta patch, should I revert back to the back-uped pre-beta patch files befor launching steam to update?

Last edited by Spyder512; 04/18/11 04:53 PM.
#3273229 - 04/18/11 04:55 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Spyder512]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Spyder512
If i've put in the beta patch, should I revert back to the back-uped pre-beta patch files befor launching steam to update?

If you've got Steam updates left on (the default) then Steam will just blat over everything there and you should be fine.

Just checking that now.

#3273238 - 04/18/11 04:58 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Yep, works nicely. No need to revert beta, just start up Steam and let the goodness flow.

Newer version from the beta patch of: 1.00.14101

Ooh, look - a benchmark track too!

#3273241 - 04/18/11 04:59 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
Quote:
Rolls-Royce engines will now cut if overload is negative, and will not cut if it is positive. (old values were sneezing at .5G, and cut-out at .25 which we felt were dead on, but this apparently confused most of the players)

This means that you have to push the engine past weightlessness (0 G) and into neg G for the carb to cut out? I've never been any good at physics, but this just sounds wrong. The old values seem much more realistic to me.

S.

Last edited by sascha; 04/18/11 05:02 PM.

#3273243 - 04/18/11 05:00 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
FieldyHK Offline
FieldyHK  Offline

London
mine is chugging along at a very slow 25 to 60kbs.. going to be a while!

#3273247 - 04/18/11 05:02 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
2005AD Offline
2005AD  Offline

This is a trully horrible patch. Terrible single digit FPS if you even look at an industrial complex... stay away from Le-Havre. Also changing building details still has no effect. Negative G Merlin cutouts reduced to unrealsitic levels, despite evidence showing the Merlin cutout at around 0.3G also.

A retrograde step for me, and I'm sure if anyone tries flying over Le-Havre they will agree.

#3273250 - 04/18/11 05:03 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
Ahh.. so the docks-of-FPS-death are still in? Dang!

S.

#3273253 - 04/18/11 05:03 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
Schweppes Offline
Schweppes  Offline

Nordland, Norway
Thanks for the update! Downloading now.
The beta patch was around 190 mb and this is 230 mb so they must have added quite a few things in it since the beta..Cool!

Those that forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
#3273255 - 04/18/11 05:04 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
Positronic Offline
Positronic  Offline

Australia
Those notes are from the beta post?

the beta was 183mb If I recall correctly,hopefully they added some more to the official patch as its 230mb

System - I7 970 : GTX 560 ti SOC : 4gb Corsair ram : Seasonic 620 watt : Samsung bx2450 : extreme 3d pro
#3273258 - 04/18/11 05:05 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: sascha]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Originally Posted By: sascha
Quote:
Rolls-Royce engines will now cut if overload is negative, and will not cut if it is positive. (old values were sneezing at .5G, and cut-out at .25 which we felt were dead on, but this apparently confused most of the players)

This means that you have to push the engine past weightlessness (0 G) and into neg G for the carb to cut out? I've never been any good at physics, but this just sounds wrong. The old values seem much more realistic to me.

S.

Changing realism because it 'confuses the players' sounds scary. That said, where those carbs only grav-fed or did the engine for example provide some vacum?

#3273263 - 04/18/11 05:07 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
Nope Positronic.. here's what Steam is showing me as "latest news" ..(top item in the list)

Quote:
he current patch contains the following changes:

MULTIPLAYER

* Added a new Steam Lobby feature to the Multiplayer section as an alternative to the existing server search. A lobby is a place for players to gather before joining or creating a server. The most important feature of a Lobby is that it allows one to join servers running on a non-public IP, bypassing network address translation. It will of course also allow you to send players to a public IP server just as well. When a lobby links to a public IP server, that server can be accessed both from the Lobby, or directly from the Server search. With a non-public IP, the only way to access a server is through a lobby. When running a dedicated server, the lobby host can link to it by pressing the Find Server button. Otherwise just press Play to create a new Server.
* Fixed certain aircraft flame and smoke effects not syncing when playing on-line and recording tracks.

GRAPHICS

* Made massive improvements to framerate in regards to the terrain engine. This will be most noticeable on machines with 4+ CPU cores.
* Made SSAO optional. It can be toggled on the fly with a checkbox in Video Options. Turning SSAO off will slightly decrease the graphical quality of the game while improving performance.
* Texture quality slider added to video options. The settings are Original (no change), High (reduced 2x), Medium (reduced 4x) and Low (reduced 8x). Lowering texture size will cause significant performance gain on lower-end machines at the expense of the graphic quality. Please not that the feature is smart enough not to downscale aircraft textures, so the most crucial components of the game will remain unaffected.
* Made sure that grass no longer grows through runways or roads.
* Re-enabled anti-aliasing on DirectX 9.

AIRCRAFT

* Completely removed overload assessment from carburetters. Rolls-Royce engines will now cut if overload is negative, and will not cut if it is positive. (old values were sneezing at .5G, and cut-out at .25 which we felt were dead on, but this apparently confused most of the players)
* When starting in mid-air, all gyro instruments will be spinned up so you don't have to wait for AH to get in shape, as well as course setters and DI set to actual heading for you.
* Reworked damage module to work dramatically faster when a plane is under heavy bullet bombardment.
* Elevator trim is now set close to neutral when starting in air.
* Returned the water splash when a plane plummets into the water.
* The Spitfire DM will no longer occasionally ignore detached rear fuselage.
* Changed WEP control feedback on Bf. 109. Rather than showing an 'On-Off' message, it now will show if it actually is switched on, and when it actually switches off.
* Fixed minor Bf. 109 damage visuals.
* Ju. 88 gear struts now break off gear well covers when they detach from the plane.
* Fixed missing power cords in Bf. 109 and Hurricane cockpits.
* Fixed visual issue with bullet holes in cockpit glass.
* Fixed issue with FW. 200 radiator flaps floating on detached engines.
* Fixed missing geometry on Spitfire's damaged right wing under the landing flap.
* Reworked movement of the Hurricane boost cut-out pull knob.
* Fixed minor Bf. 110 damage visuals.
* Propellers on detached motors will now appear stalled.
* An invisible mental force won't raise your landing flaps on the strip after you start the engine any more.
* Replaced every tachometer in every British and Italian plane with an electrical type, since some people find needle movement on the mechanical type not what they expected.
* Jammed and stuck motors won't budge when flying at high speed.
* Adjusted behavior of broken engines.
* Doubled quantity of air in Bf. 109 undercarriage emergency discharge containers. This makes it more likely that your emergency gear will have enough momentum to push the struts down till they lock.
* Landing flaps on Bf. 110 can now be ripped off only as whole, not in halves.
* Bf. 110 hydraulics pump is now driven by its right motor as it should.
* Fixed a bug with carburetor backfire always causing intake damage.
* New assessment causes less initial destruction to surrounding area when fuel storage explodes.
* New spectacular fuel storage explosions (blow up those large round cistern buildings around the map)
* Flames and heat from aerial fires will now make a plane catch fire, rather than break its parts.
* Fuel storage fires, on the contrary, will be more destructive.
* Implemented new getParameter() to AiAircraft interface to allow more access to aircraft state in mission scripts.

MISC

* Added four new benchmark tracks. The Black Death is the new version of the most famous track from Il-2. It will tax your system to the absolute limit.

They do look like the beta patch news to me. Haven't double checked though.

S.

Last edited by sascha; 04/18/11 05:08 PM.

#3273264 - 04/18/11 05:07 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
2005AD Offline
2005AD  Offline

I was under the impression from my own experience that beta patches were not rolled out when found to be faulty. This beta patch is definately faulty if you fly anywhere near an industrial complex. Hey, London FPS is up by 20%, great but FPS over industrial complexes is down by 300%.

#3273266 - 04/18/11 05:10 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

I am waiting for some input before I open up steam. I have the beta patch and all is good but S happens so I am prepared to switch my steam cod properties to "no update" if this goes south.

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
#3273271 - 04/18/11 05:14 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: Simbo_Sim123]  
ZoSo Offline
ZoSo  Offline

North Carolina, US
WOOT! at Quad CPU support

CPU: Intel C2Q (EO) Q9550 @ 3.75ghz 1.28V (8.5x441mhz) 5:6
GPU: eVGA NVIDIA GTX 480 @ 820/1640/3900 @ 1100mV (Zalman VF3000F)
LCD: BenQ FP241W 24" P-MVA LCD (1920x1200)
Mobo: BioStar T-Power i45 AA512
Sound: Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
RAM: OCZ Reaper 4x2Gb DDR2 @ 1060mhz 5-5-5-15
PSU: Seasonic M12 700W 80+ 56A
Drive: LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Drive GGC-H20L
UPS: Cyberpower CP1200AVR (720W)
Cooling: Antec 900 + Tuniq Tower 120 (lapped) + 4x Silverstone FM121 (110CFM)
#3273281 - 04/18/11 05:22 PM Re: Patch is out [Re: sascha]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: sascha
Ahh.. so the docks-of-FPS-death are still in? Dang!

S.

They've up'd the version number, added some tracks to play with and hopefully fixed anything the beta patch broke but nothing more. Played a quick mission, watched a track - all seems similar to the beta, certainly no worse.

Not sure how realistic fixing anything on Friday beta patch that planned to roll out on Monday would be, especially for something as serious as the 'Slowly Exploding LeHavre' thing. There are things in this patch that were urgently needed, i.e. quad core better support for the render was huge, perhaps even more important than LeHavre. wink

They seem to be getting a rhythm, so maybe next 'patch Monday' will help too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.