Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#327048 - 10/27/06 12:12 AM So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Sleepdoc Offline
Sleepdoc  Offline

Denver, St thomas, St petersbu...
Hi Guys,

I'm jonesin' for a helicopter sim lately,and I'm keeping my eyes on Black shark. But in the interim, I see that some of the most serious and best simmers around are still hanging around EECH. This tells me something.....

So can some one please update me on the state of EECH Multiplayer....

1. is it pretty stable?

2. How many players can get in without too much dancing around with crashes etc.

3. Is it internet stable?

4. What are the coolest aspects of multiplyer EECH? I mean beyond the fact that we are in the same world... Are the avionics linked between gunships etc?

5. Where is the best place to read a detailed review of the multiplyer features and realities....

Thanks for your input guys...

And some one please give a heartfelt hello to Dan for me (Crash)

All the Best,

Glenn "Sleepdoc" Kletzky

Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature.
#327050 - 10/27/06 05:05 AM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
ukSleek Offline
ukSleek  Offline

England
Try reading the "Fly in" tread for a start then you'll get an idea \:D

As well try a search for "mp Game On"..that thread has over a thousand post's ;\)

Be Good..Be Strong..;)

#327051 - 10/27/06 07:14 AM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Kassie Offline
Kassie  Offline

the Netherlands
I am around here for just 1 month. It's not really up to me to tell this. I don't have much MP experience, except 2 days ago. But like to try to answer your questions. Kimchoc1 is your man [about MP]!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sleepdoc:1. is it pretty stable?
Get connected is the hardest part. I dissabled my firewall entirely and we had no problems to get into the game and stay there. We flew for a couple hours! Then I got tired [sleepy, it was midnight]. This was only with no mod features enabled \:\( . This is all I know, at the moment.

Quote:
2. How many players can get in without too much dancing around with crashes etc.
I guess, theoretically almost unlimited. Practically, quite many (16+?).

Quote:
3. Is it internet stable?
Same answer as Q1

Quote:
4. What are the coolest aspects of multiplyer EECH? I mean beyond the fact that we are in the same world... Are the avionics linked between gunships etc?
The game is really great online, my personal experience. Via the "comm" commands [TAB key] you can "request target list" and without using my radar I get updated with the targets scan of my buddy. It's really nice chatting with your headset and to attack a FARP from 2 directions. You have much better ground coverage. And you can help out your buddy if he's empty of stingers! \:\)
The only bad experience I got is when my buddy looked at his MFD's he had the tendency to crash! So we had to find another mission/gunships once again...

Quote:
5. Where is the best place to read a detailed review of the multiplyer features and realities....
Don't really know. Honestly, you are at the start of MP revolution (hopefully...). An MP gameplay article at EECH Central is on my checklist. But first I hope to get more MP fly experience. \:\)

Cya around,
Kassie

#327052 - 10/27/06 02:35 PM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Sleepdoc Offline
Sleepdoc  Offline

Hi Kimchoc1 and uksleek and Kassie.

Believe it ro not, i actually did read quite a bit of this forum before i posted. But no matter how much I read I really could not get a clear cut answer on these most basic questions. I see that the source code is out and poeple are modding like crazy and even screwing with the connectivity code.

I see that LAN games are going on, and while some find it excellent, others find it frustrating (especailly at the point of connection). But I can't tell what the dominant expereince is. Are the frustrated guys just guys who dont know how to pert forward or is there something more insidious?

I find that by simply posting a simple set of questions, you often get through the trees for the forest much faster. and in a way that is more useful to the new guy (thats me in this case) who is considering getting on board...

Kassie is really the only one who seemed to read my post literally and answer what i asked. No slight to others, ofcourse, and I apprecaite all teh info i can get foirsthand. But he took the questions as intended...

For example, he enlightened me into the shared target lists. very nice.

He let me know that he stumbled at port forwarding, and had to drop his firewall entirely to get it to work. I'm pretty good at port forwarding, but his post implied that port forwarding was not enough (or he does not know how to do it compeltely...) If I had to drop my firewall entirely, i would not do it. but ofcourse, i doubt this is the case...

Anyway, I certainly apprecaite all that anyone wants to tell me about the realities of multiplyer campaigns. The dedicated server mode sounds very nice.....

Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature.
#327053 - 10/27/06 03:16 PM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Kassie Offline
Kassie  Offline

the Netherlands
I'm glad you appreciated my post! \:\)

Quote:
But no matter how much I read I really could not get a clear cut answer on these most basic questions.
Honestly, nobody can give you a "clear cut" answer, we're still struggling.

Quote:
Are the frustrated guys just guys who dont know how to pert forward or is there something more insidious?
More insidious.

Quote:
He let me know that he stumbled at port forwarding, and had to drop his firewall entirely to get it to work. I'm pretty good at port forwarding, but his post implied that port forwarding was not enough (or he does not know how to do it compeltely...) If I had to drop my firewall entirely, i would not do it. but ofcourse, i doubt this is the case...
I am no expert on port forwarding. But I do know how to port forward at my computer. But I have doubts about the ports to be forwarded. Maybe we have to find a few more [ports] to be forwarded. Here is what I know. I dropped my entire firewall because I can't find the cause of the problem. You seem to know much about it. I could use your help find some missing ports [to be forwarded], if you like to host a MP game?

Do you know an application which monitors connections?

Quote:
I find that by simply posting a simple set of questions, you often get through the trees for the forest much faster. and in a way that is more useful to the new guy (thats me in this case) who is considering getting on board...
Same here. I agree it doens't work. Not to blame any EECH guys, but it seems not to work [in the world of forums]. I think there a sort "rule of thumb" about this issue. Post as many question you can count on 1 finger! ;\)

Quote:
who is considering getting on board...
Maybe this will give you a little more understand of our status quo. The game is still pretty much under construction, especially the MP part.

Let this post not discurrage you. I still flew a couple of hours without trouble! \:\) Only without a firewall as well! \:\(
You seem to have a lot of expertise, maybe you like to give it a shot!

#327054 - 10/28/06 10:18 PM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Sleepdoc Offline
Sleepdoc  Offline

LOL. I wouldn't over state my expretise in port forwarding. But I certainly know how to do it. I do not, however, have the desire to debug this games unknown port issues. In this context, I am no longer a soldier. Just a desiring user. When the soldiers start posting that they have solved the issues, I'll get on board. But my day sof soldiering are over. Sorry to be this way, but I have been in QA for 10 years. I just don't solve problems for free anymore.....

\:\)

Further more, I don't even have a copy of the game yet. And I probably won't bother to track one down until this stuff is straightened out. Learning to fly a complex sim is work enough.

Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc

#327055 - 10/28/06 10:47 PM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Hippy16th Offline
Hippy16th  Offline

Texas
Oh boy....here he goes again. How ya doin sleep...see ya found your way from frugals. Like you i am new to EECH....wouldn't mind trying some MP with both you and Kassie...and in the central/U.S. timezone if that helps get a time set up.

Question i hae about MP is....can you have 2 people in same helo....one pilot and one WSO/GIB?

#327056 - 10/28/06 10:50 PM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Hippy16th Offline
Hippy16th  Offline

Texas
"Further more, I don't even have a copy of the game yet. And I probably won't bother to track one down until this stuff is straightened out. Learning to fly a complex sim is work enough."

tell me about it.....i have had EEAH for a few years, and EECH for a couple years....and just finally got it installed/working right abotu 2 weeks ago....now am learning to fly again after all my hours logged in falcon.

#327057 - 10/28/06 11:41 PM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Kassie Offline
Kassie  Offline

the Netherlands
Quote:
Question i hae about MP is....can you have 2 people in same helo....one pilot and one WSO/GIB?
No, a tandem is not possible. We're trying to get it work...
Quote:
wouldn't mind trying some MP with both you and Kassie...and in the central/U.S. timezone if that helps get a time set up.
Time+date: 2006-10-29, 2100 GMT
Teamspeak: http://www.digitalcombat.co.uk:8764, Password: simHQ123, Channel: SimHQ EECH COMMS.

But we're (Xap and me) really in a testing "zone" right now! \:D

#327058 - 10/29/06 12:11 AM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Hippy16th Offline
Hippy16th  Offline

Texas
ok, will ty to make it. that is 1600 sunday here.

#327060 - 10/29/06 03:54 AM Re: So fill me in on the state of EECH MP  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I second Kim's comments on difficulty - though honestly I'd say it is on par with LOMAC (which I consider very simplistic).

Consider you're background Sleepdoc with Falcon, EECH is a walk in the park - you can have it figured out and be actively flying missions within 8 hours or less of tinkering time (flying around and poking at different features).

The learning curve is far less steep that is for sure! Especially if you've flown helo sims in the past. I grew up with Gunship in 1986 and have been flying them since then - as well as jet/prop you name it and I was flying nice lengthy missions in EECH by the second day in the dynamic campaign. I've spent MANY a day on Falcon and still don't know all the intricacies by any shot.

Just grab some HOTAS files (the cougar ones are nice) and start pressing hats and buttons and you'll get right in the seat and into the action pretty quickly.

The one thing I haven't attempted is Multiplayer - but I'll be trying that soon. EECh is too fun of a sim to not give a try.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.