Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3265444 - 04/10/11 12:07 AM When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers???  
Longbow fanatic Offline
Longbow fanatic  Offline

Santa Fe, NM USA
ANy news on this? I haven't been around the forums for awhile, so if i missed some posts about it don't yell at me :-))

Why do people think flight sims are nerdy???
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3265508 - 04/10/11 01:45 AM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

As much as I hate the phrase, but 'when it's ready'. With that, there hasn't been any status updates other than it's in work.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3266199 - 04/10/11 07:51 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
This is the first I have heard about this.
Is this something that will eventually be available to people who bought the beta?

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#3266390 - 04/11/11 12:34 AM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

Just a correction, no one purchased the beta. That was a pre-purchase of the final release with the beta added in. If you did pre-purchase the sim, you will get the Nevada addon DLC for free. Those who didn't pre-purchase, will have to pay for the DLC.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3267797 - 04/12/11 02:11 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
That blows. I remember Nevada was supposed to come out on release, and then was yanked with one of the betas with a "to be released later" promise. I NEVER saw anything about having to pay for it later if you weren't a preorder. Ever.

Guess I won't have Nevada then.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3267803 - 04/12/11 02:26 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Well it was flagged here and on the ED forums.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ub...tml#Post3186719

Nate

#3268101 - 04/12/11 08:02 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I never go to ED's forums, and it appears that I wasn't around here really between Jan 23-26 when that thread was active. frown

I didn't preorder because I wasn't going to have time to mess with a beta and figured there was no rush. If I'd known this would happen, I would've preordered.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3268127 - 04/12/11 08:37 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

No one meant for it to happen that way if it helps ... it just sort of happened that way.

In any case, there is more ot the nevada upgrade than just nevada.

--
44th VFW
#3268619 - 04/13/11 12:35 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Oh really? Well than that sucks even MORE.

So I spent $50 for BS, while many waited for it show on DVD or Steam and got it for $40, but I got nothing extra for that. That was ok at the time, I didn't want to wait, I had to pay more for it. However, to date I have less than 90 hrs in it, so I've paid more than 50 cents per hour for it, while I know many people who have several times that amount and thus paid just pennies on the hour.

Now I'll still have to spend $60 to get A-10C, but because I bought it at the wrong time I'll get LESS? Sorry if I don't feel sanguine about it. Considering what proportion of their customer base likely preordered it vs waited like I did, it seems to me like maybe more than half won't wind up paying for it and just us stupid late comers will. In other words, they won't make that much by making us pay for it anyway, especially as many probably will skip it, so that makes it feel more like a penalty.

The Jedi Master

#3268701 - 04/13/11 02:08 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Jedi Master]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Wow, what a cynical way to approach things.

I'm sure those who pre-ordered are getting Nevada because at the time it was meant to be included, and they basically paid for it - at least that makes sense to me. At some point (this I know) it became obvious that Nevada required a whole lot of additional development time, enough that completing it for free after released was not something ED was willing to do (this one is a reasonable guess), especially considering that it includes new technologies - ie. a bit more than just terrain development, not that the terrain itself is simple/easy/fast.

I know plenty of people who are just fine with buying Nevada later on. By your own account on time spent on Black Shark, it might not end up that expensive anyway. You can complain all you want, but ED isn't a charity; they do this stuff for a living as well as passion for aviation. The guys at the top reassess plans and change them as any good businessman might do when required.

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Oh really? Well than that sucks even MORE.

So I spent $50 for BS, while many waited for it show on DVD or Steam and got it for $40, but I got nothing extra for that. That was ok at the time, I didn't want to wait, I had to pay more for it. However, to date I have less than 90 hrs in it, so I've paid more than 50 cents per hour for it, while I know many people who have several times that amount and thus paid just pennies on the hour.

Now I'll still have to spend $60 to get A-10C, but because I bought it at the wrong time I'll get LESS? Sorry if I don't feel sanguine about it. Considering what proportion of their customer base likely preordered it vs waited like I did, it seems to me like maybe more than half won't wind up paying for it and just us stupid late comers will. In other words, they won't make that much by making us pay for it anyway, especially as many probably will skip it, so that makes it feel more like a penalty.

The Jedi Master

--
44th VFW
#3269343 - 04/13/11 11:40 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
WynnTTr Offline
WynnTTr  Offline

The beta was for how long?

You had fair warning. Don't blame ED if you don't visit the OFFICIAL site for some latest news from the horse's mouth.

#3274996 - 04/20/11 12:13 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Jedi Master]  
Wedgo Offline
Wedgo  Offline

I didn't preorder because I wasn't going to have time to mess with a beta and figured there was no rush.

I guess it could be seen as a reward to those who did spend time with the BETA's and supplied feedback etc...

#3275355 - 04/20/11 06:25 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Longbow fanatic]  
DethJeff Offline
DethJeff  Offline

you should check out the ED forums longbow... theres a lot of good dudes over there and a ton of game info.

Personally, im not that excited about nellis... i like the map that came with the sim... its got forests and valleys which are fun to make missions with.

#3276614 - 04/22/11 12:50 AM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Jedi Master]  
RustyNOR Offline
RustyNOR  Offline

Oslo, Norway
I never go to ED's forums, and it appears that I wasn't around here really between Jan 23-26 when that thread was active. frown

I didn't preorder because I wasn't going to have time to mess with a beta and figured there was no rush. If I'd known this would happen, I would've preordered.

The Jedi Master

Keep cool m8 cheers I can't really see how and why ED should copy protect a Map in an sim that is fairly open in first place wink Now a compatibility patch for DCS BS (and hopfully FC2) could of cource be linked to some king of licensing.

(R)

#3278293 - 04/24/11 02:01 AM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Jedi Master]  
Mizzy Offline
Mizzy  Offline

The Jedi Master

And whos fault is it?

Mizzy

#3278705 - 04/24/11 08:25 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Mizzy]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: *Panther*
Just a correction, no one purchased the beta. That was a pre-purchase of the final release with the beta added in. If you did pre-purchase the sim, you will get the Nevada addon DLC for free. Those who didn't pre-purchase, will have to pay for the DLC.

the Nellis terrain was pulled out due to development problems - so that it would not delay the release

and I did buy the beta

Originally Posted By: Mizzy

The Jedi Master

And whos fault is it?

Mizzy

answer: it is Eagle Dynamics fault

I also don't read much of what goes in those forums and as far as I knew, the Nellis add on was going to be released as part of a later patch, if somewhere in those forums there is an announcement, I would like to know about it - so that I can post about this @ Lockonfiles.

#3278715 - 04/24/11 08:35 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
kramer Offline
Hotshot
kramer  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio
Quote:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57485&page=15

Wags:

To clarify: the Nevada map will NOT be in the release version of A-10C but we do plan to release it later as a pay-for add-on map. This map will be free to those did the A-10C pre-purchase though. For those that wait for the final, release version, the Nevada map will be a separate purchase.

that post was made on January 21st, 2011.

i think things could completely change when the Nevada map is finished and they actually release it.

i think everyone should wait until then before deciding how they feel about this matter.

#3279164 - 04/25/11 02:22 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
WynnTTr Offline
WynnTTr  Offline

Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss

answer: it is Eagle Dynamics fault

I also don't read much of what goes in those forums and as far as I knew, the Nellis add on was going to be released as part of a later patch, if somewhere in those forums there is an announcement, I would like to know about it - so that I can post about this @ Lockonfiles.

How so? Wags made the announcement publicly. Did you want him to ring you personally?

I'd love to see how you would argue a point that it's their fault with sound reasoning when they did announce it. If someone doesn't frequent the official site and forums is it their fault too?
There's a reason why legal notices are put in public newspapers - to rid a party of any liability. If you miss that announcement whose fault is it really?

#3279189 - 04/25/11 03:08 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: WynnTTr]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted By: WynnTTr

How so? Wags made the announcement publicly. Did you want him to ring you personally?

good idea - I would not mind him doing that.

I'd love to see how you would argue a point that it's their fault with sound reasoning when they did announce it. If someone doesn't frequent the official site and forums is it their fault too?

there are only two forums I frequent, here at SimHQ and our own : LockOnFiles.com

and I don't have the time to browse other sites, certainly not theirs - we have our own: LockOnFiles.com wink

There's a reason why legal notices are put in public newspapers - to rid a party of any liability. If you miss that announcement whose fault is it really?

their fault. but I am not going to get into the details why I think that is so.

#3279205 - 04/25/11 03:37 PM Re: When will Nellis be available to us early beta purchasers??? [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss

good idea - I would not mind him doing that.

there are only two forums I frequent, here at SimHQ and our own : LockOnFiles.com

and I don't have the time to browse other sites, certainly not theirs - we have our own: LockOnFiles.com wink

their fault. but I am not going to get into the details why I think that is so.

Tom, please tell me you are taking the piss.

Nate

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.