Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#3266434 - 04/11/11 01:36 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) **** [Re: Kegetys]  
Donik Offline
Donik  Offline

Chicago, US
Just tried the noSSAO mod as well as lowtex

Using the cross country mission as the test - 9fps on takeoff and 21fps flying around. I see no difference from the stock game. frown frown Yes I installed correctly and yes I put the correct parameters in the launch options in steam. Tried with a shortcut on my desktop as well. No dice.

running at 1920x1080 with all medium graphics settings
AMD 955 CPU at 3.7ghz
4gb ram
2x GTX 460 1gb factory OC'd SLI (sli disabled)

Envious of all you who are getting results hehe ;-)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3266436 - 04/11/11 01:38 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO and lower detail textures) [Re: nuggetx]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: nuggetx
Originally Posted By: anonsh33
Ok whoever made these mod I think has single handedly saved this game...........wow what a difference. I can get over the shimmering effect.........

Shouldn't the devs do it and not the mods ?

Wow you just don't give in do you, you are the ultimate buzz killer, what difference does it make who is fixing the sim as long as it works, same happened with IL2 at times as I recall, I'm now getting great fps over sea and pretty good over land even over London, and thats with an 8800gt 512k.

Instead of complaining why not be thanking kegetys or is it that you want CoD to fail?

Last edited by Tiger27; 04/11/11 01:39 AM.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3266441 - 04/11/11 01:46 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Donik]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: Donik

Using the cross country mission as the test - 9fps on takeoff and 21fps flying around. I see no difference from the stock game. frown frown Yes I installed correctly and yes I put the correct parameters in the launch options in steam. Tried with a shortcut on my desktop as well. No dice.

AMD 955 CPU at 3.7ghz
4gb ram

I had a similar experience at first then went back and reinstalled the SFS mod, which as it turned out I had not RTFM so hadn't loaded the following into the launcher.exe.config file
<applicationSettings>
<maddox.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="nativeDLL" serializeAs="String">
<value>parts\core\steam_api.dll</value>
</setting>
<value>kegetys.dll</value>
</setting>

</maddox.Properties.Settings>
</applicationSettings>

Once this was done I had a large fps increase, df's over water now sit at about 40fps on an 8800gt, settings are high (planes and damage) and medium for cities except I am running buildings to unlimited which has no impact on fps that I can see, but with grass roads and shadows off.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3266444 - 04/11/11 01:50 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Tiger27]  
Donik Offline
Donik  Offline

Chicago, US
Originally Posted By: Tiger27

I had a similar experience at first then went back and reinstalled the SFS mod, which as it turned out I had not RTFM so hadn't loaded the following into the launcher.exe.config file
<applicationSettings>
</setting>
</setting>

</applicationSettings>

Once this was done I had a large fps increase, df's over water now sit at about 40fps on an 8800gt, settings are high (planes and damage) and medium for cities except I am running buildings to unlimited which has no impact on fps that I can see, but with grass roads and shadows off.

I did RTFM smile The above... "code"? was the first thing I did to my launcher.exe.config file
I then added the nossao directory and lowtex directory
then added the -mod=nossao and -mod=lowtex to the launcher options under steam AND via a shortcut (tested both)

no luck

It's ok though, maybe I'll get satisfactory results eventually. smile

#3266463 - 04/11/11 02:20 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Donik]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

<applicationSettings>
</setting>
</setting>

</applicationSettings>

I did RTFM smile The above... "code"? was the first thing I did to my launcher.exe.config file
I then added the nossao directory and lowtex directory
then added the -mod=nossao and -mod=lowtex to the launcher options under steam AND via a shortcut (tested both)

no luck

It's ok though, maybe I'll get satisfactory results eventually. smile

I'm sure you did, but just in case, you did put the kegetys.dll file in the COD app home directory as well?

#3266482 - 04/11/11 02:48 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
Danosh33 Offline
Danosh33  Offline

I think the nomipmaps mod is the one that makes most of the difference try that one on top of the other two mods. Works wonders for me couldn't get off the computer last night!!

#3266584 - 04/11/11 07:09 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Donik]  
tintifaxl Offline
tintifaxl  Offline

Austria

AMD 955 CPU at 3.7ghz
4gb ram

Same here, no difference with nossao and lowtex. The nomipmap mod does help tremedously with the stuttering, but makes the game unstable on my rig.

Specs: 1080p, Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5-2500k@4Ghz, 8 Gig RAM, Nvidia GTX570, 120 Gig SSD, TrackIR3 with 6DOF, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals.

#3266587 - 04/11/11 07:32 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
Raggz Offline
Raggz  Offline

Norway
Personally i'm not touching any mods yet for this game. With all the bugs i don't want to introduce new ones. One never knows how these mods affect the game.
And i want all the floss candy i can get in this game heh smile

But it's good that someone looks into the game files for the future!

I7-3930K CPU
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz Ram.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe MB.
Asus GTX680 2Gb
OCZ Agility 240Gb SSD
OCZ Agility 60Gb SSD Cache disc.
Auzentech Home theater 3D.
TM Warthog HOTAS
TM Cougar MFD's
Saitek Pedals
TrackIR 5
Logitech Z-5500 Surround.
Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH LCD
#3266594 - 04/11/11 07:49 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Nothing more than a "drag & drop" + "cut & paste", and if it breaks, I'll just re-install.
If you are having fps & stutter troubles, you should not miss out. Changed the game for me in less than 2 min work from my end!

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#3266611 - 04/11/11 08:36 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: tintifaxl]  
159th_Viper Offline
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
159th_Viper  Offline
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!

Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: tintifaxl

Same here, no difference with nossao and lowtex

Same here - no difference: Still a stuttery train-smash.

Airframe #36
159th Guards Aviation Regiment
"Airspeed, Altitude, or Brains; you always need at least two."
#3266624 - 04/11/11 09:20 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
Quote:
Bit of a random guess, but using the mipmaps mod would probably require deleting the existing /Documents/1C Softclub/cache directory first? Might help.

Thanks Frog! Just tried it and, sadly, it didn't help.. frown Deleted the cache-folder, reactivated nomipmap and tried my custom "empty London"-mission again.

Result:

Still: Even without that mod and the other two active, the game is a *lot* better ... I'd go so far as to call it playable under most circumstances - with the exception of London. But even there I'm getting much improved performance. It's just not enough to actually enjoy the sightseeing.

Thing is: Before I started switching the Land-shading around (went from medium to low), nomipmaps worked fine for me. I had one crash while loading a canned quick-mission but that was it.

S.

System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
#3266640 - 04/11/11 09:55 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Donik Offline
Donik  Offline

Chicago, US
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

I'm sure you did, but just in case, you did put the kegetys.dll file in the COD app home directory as well?

Yes, kegetys.dll is in the COD root directory.

#3266650 - 04/11/11 10:14 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
Freycinet Offline
Veteran
Freycinet  Offline
Veteran

Hope the developers will work these temporary fixes/settings into the next patch asap. They really should consider it. At least as an ini-file option, and then soon after as a WELL-documented gui option. Documentation has always been the problem child of these Russian sims, and CoD seems to be no different. Thanks God('s teeth) for the community.

And I also hope that Kegetys will be well rewarded by those who are using his fix! - Really nice to see a forum member who uses his great talents on something productive.

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
#3266656 - 04/11/11 10:30 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
Danosh33 Offline
Danosh33  Offline

Mipmaps gets rid if the stutter and I wouldn't worry about the mods breaking your game it's what 3 files that you drag and drop that don't overwrite current files. To remove just delete those files and remove the command line from the launcher.exe easy +++

#3266663 - 04/11/11 10:47 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
I wouldn't worry about the mods breaking your game it's what 3 files that you drag and drop that don't overwrite current files. To remove just delete those files and remove the command line from the launcher.exe easy +++

Thanks Danosh, nothing overwritten ah very good, feeling less panicky. When that's confirmed I mean Smile2

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
#3266675 - 04/11/11 11:06 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
Echo76 Offline
Echo76  Offline

Finland
From 1c forums:
Originally Posted by McDaniel
Just FYI

"I used all the mods and with the nomipmap mod the game crashed always at 90% at the loading screen.

I knew its the nomipmap mod so I started testing and I found the problem for me:

I removed the file in ....\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\nomipmaps\$core\painters

LandDefault.tep

and now it works, but I dont know maybe someone could fix the file?"

McDan out

#3266677 - 04/11/11 11:09 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Ming_EAF19]  
15/JG52_Genie Offline
15/JG52_Genie  Offline

Doha, Qatar
Originally Posted By: Ming_EAF19
I wouldn't worry about the mods breaking your game it's what 3 files that you drag and drop that don't overwrite current files. To remove just delete those files and remove the command line from the launcher.exe easy +++

Thanks Danosh, nothing overwritten ah very good, feeling less panicky. When that's confirmed I mean Smile2

Ming

ya Ming dont worry those mods are basically new folders with some data in it. when you lunch the game you jut define where to look for those mods with parameters (basically their folders) and that is it..

when you dont want to use those mods you dont need to reinstall or delete anything, just dont use parameters after launcher.exe

easy biggrin

#3266678 - 04/11/11 11:09 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
Ming: Even if you have the mods installed on your system, you can still start CoD without them. Simply remove the command-line parameters or, even easier, double-click the standard "launcher.exe". As far as I can tell, nothing gets overwriten. Simply because installation consists of dropping three new folders into your game-directory and not of *replacing* folders/files. Besides: If all else fails: Simply do a re-install. Not that big a deal.

You really shouldn't miss out on this one. It really is a game-changer on my system.

EDIT: Oops Genie.. looks like we were typing the same thing at exactly the same time... damn! you were 8 seconds faster than me... biggrin

S.

Last edited by sascha; 04/11/11 11:10 AM.

System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
#3266691 - 04/11/11 11:31 AM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO, no mipmaps, lower detail textures) [Re: Kegetys]  
ooRay Offline
ooRay  Offline

Works nicely on my system. Now I can fly with models = high and forest = medium!
Many thanks, Kegetys!!

#3266773 - 04/11/11 01:26 PM Re: Performance improvement mod(s) (no SSAO and lower detail textures) [Re: Tiger27]  
Bard Offline
Bard  Offline

Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted By: nuggetx
Originally Posted By: anonsh33
Ok whoever made these mod I think has single handedly saved this game...........wow what a difference. I can get over the shimmering effect.........

Shouldn't the devs do it and not the mods ?

Wow you just don't give in do you, you are the ultimate buzz killer, what difference does it make who is fixing the sim as long as it works, same happened with IL2 at times as I recall, I'm now getting great fps over sea and pretty good over land even over London, and thats with an 8800gt 512k.

Instead of complaining why not be thanking kegetys or is it that you want CoD to fail?

nuggetx is right... the devloper should fix the problems, not crowd-source it out.

What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:

"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson

"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman

NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.