Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3264910 - 04/09/11 01:04 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
Quote:
I just dated myself, didn't I?

No worries Dart, we all get lonely ... exitstageleft

S.

System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3264911 - 04/09/11 01:06 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Personal abuse from Wodin, nothing said right after.

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3264912 - 04/09/11 01:07 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
Lixma Offline
Lixma  Offline

Londinium
On Dave's 'recommendation' I took a quick look at that thread....[Profanity].

But the most interesting thing for me is, yet again, reading the posts attempting to blame customers for the potential failure of CoD. There's an almost religious aspect to it; akin to those who believe that earthquakes find their source in fornication. You can see it here, at UBI's site or on the Banana forum. Only a week or so ago a poster at this forum claimed that people were actually buying CoD for the express purpose of criticising it! It's truly remarkable.

And, so, while I wait for a fix for CoD that will transform it from mere curio to bona-fide application I'll continue to observe this strange, strange aspect.

#3264918 - 04/09/11 01:11 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

It's a perfect example in microcosm of how and why politicians get away with what they do. In actual fact it is possible to fool most of the people all of the time.

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3264927 - 04/09/11 01:19 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: WernerVoss]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss

Probably because the moderator present was typing and then editing his own response to the thread at the same time it was posted and so didn't see it until revisiting the thread after warming up a cup of coffee two minutes ago.

But I like your faith in us!

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#3264929 - 04/09/11 01:20 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  

CT, USA
Not a "massive" improvement for me but a definitely noticeable one! Still not an acceptable state for pure enjoyment as there are still plenty of pauses/stutters galore but it's going in the right direction, no matter how slowly.

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
#3264936 - 04/09/11 01:29 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
Georgio Offline
Georgio  Offline

Hockley, UK
Much better performance for me post-patch. Not so much more fps as a much smoother experience over land now. A definate step in the right direction.
Disabling the desktop themes was the biggest improvement for me.

#3264941 - 04/09/11 01:36 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: Dart]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Originally Posted By: Dart

Probably because the moderator present was typing and then editing his own response to the thread at the same time it was posted and so didn't see it until revisiting the thread after warming up a cup of coffee two minutes ago.

But I like your faith in us!

Sorry Dart, I did check the times of his and your postings, eleven minutes between them.

As for faith, mine is a little stretched after Tree was banned but freya not. Tree whaled on the game, freya whaled on other members with personal abuse. Repeatedly. And I guess I'll be treated similarly eventually, for speaking the truth. We'll see.

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3265003 - 04/09/11 02:52 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: sascha]  
Mogster Offline
Hotshot
Mogster  Offline
Hotshot

England
Originally Posted By: sascha
[quote]
I can't prove it, but I think Gibbage may have a point with his analysis that in some parts, CoD has probably has some very old code lurking around.

At low terrain settings CoD even starts to look quite like IL2. IL2 with much nicer dynamic lighting.

WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
#3265022 - 04/09/11 03:20 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: Lixma]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Originally Posted By: Lixma
On Dave's 'recommendation' I took a quick look at that thread....[Profanity].

But the most interesting thing for me is, yet again, reading the posts attempting to blame customers for the potential failure of CoD. There's an almost religious aspect to it; akin to those who believe that earthquakes find their source in fornication. You can see it here, at UBI's site or on the Banana forum. Only a week or so ago a poster at this forum claimed that people were actually buying CoD for the express purpose of criticising it! It's truly remarkable.

And, so, while I wait for a fix for CoD that will transform it from mere curio to bona-fide application I'll continue to observe this strange, strange aspect.

Hey guys, can you watch your language? This isn't something I enjoy "fixing". However, it is part of the rules. We have gotten some complaints over the use of religious profanity (and there have been three cases of it on this forum in the past 30 hours).

I personally have no issues with old Anglo-Saxon terms for all sorts of things, and I can probably outswear anyone here in Old Icelandic (IMHO, some of the best) - but 'thems the rules.

"Never has so much been patched by so few for so many in so short a time." - W1ndy

Some odd mods

WWI aircraft guide

Survival!

#3265032 - 04/09/11 03:30 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
WastedJoker Offline
WastedJoker  Offline

Can anyone point me in the right direction for config file tweaks please?

#3265146 - 04/09/11 05:37 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: 2005AD]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Originally Posted By: Tiger27
You may just be overrating the power of the whinge there 2005, many less vocal people gave clear and concise info on where the issues were, whilst still supporting the devs, this was done without jumping up and down like some of the children on here and other forums have been doing, hi Werner and nuggetx , I would think that would have been of a lot more use than those who came in here saying the game is totally unplayable, or it's same engine as Il2 etc.

Agreed, I was overstating on purpose to put a point accross. Cliffs of Dover IS broke, of that there can be no doubt, even the devs acknowledge this. There are two extremes that are in no way helpfull to us, or more importantly to the developers

1. The "you ruined my life and released this shyte, you are frauds and liars". This give no details as to what is wrong, juts that the individual is angry. This is not helpfull to the devs because they get no proper feedback.

2. The "This is great, we love you Oleg/Luthier", or the "Trust the devs they will come good". This kind of post achieves absolutely nothing, the devs get no proper feedback and cannot get an idea of what is wrong. Even when the devs ask outright, tell us your problems, the sychophants come back with, "ooh it's all great as long as I reduce my resolution to 640x480... kiss kiss kiss!"

It is ironic that certain people state they are sick of constant whines, I am sick of reading post about "give it a rest, the devs know there are problems, let them work on them". They won't know what to fix unless we tell them what is wrong.

Absolutely you are right on both points, blind Freddy can see there are lots of issues with this sim, and those that cant get it to perform have every right to come on here and complain, but when the same people come on with the same complaints again and again, it is not only annoying but serves no purpose, as you say calling the Devs liars is not going to get the sim fixed, then again neither will it be fixed if we ignore the fact that it needs a #%&*$# load of work to be at its best, for me though I am happy that the devs are at least trying to fix things, if they can do as much with it in the next 12 months as was done by 777 with ROF in it's first 12 months, then we will have a damn good game on our hands.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3265156 - 04/09/11 05:49 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: WernerVoss]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: Tiger27

It is quite a bit more complex than ROF and the cities are quite a lot larger, I play ROF quite a lot and online it now runs quite nicely, I have an 8800gt the same set up as I had when ROF first came out and post patched CoD now runs better (still choppy over London, but my card is ancient) than the ROF ran at release, there is nothing wrong with those on here with problems posting factual info to assist in getting CoD running well for everyone, but your rubbish has become so repetitive and boring, if the game needs chucking in the bin as you say, then follow your own advice and bin it, then go away and find other people to annoy, I know you think your whinging is being of assistance but it isn't.

If people like you would stop whinging and constantly bashing other members and concentrate on the problems at hand this forum would be a much better place. Do you think you could try that?

I thought you were chucking it in the bin? reading

If any of your posts were even remotely related to concentrating on the problems at hand, I would be supporting you all the way.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3265171 - 04/09/11 06:07 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: WernerVoss]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Fearless Frog has done some superb analysis with software tools, but says himself that he's reluctant to post his findings on the 1C forums lest he be banned. Unless I misunderstood what he meant.

Wasn't so much a ban, more the case that the level of detail is getting a bit too proprietary for 1C and then seem quite delete happy over there at the moment as they battle the surge of 'feedback'.

Plus, as a dev I'd be a bit embarrassed for those guys who did have to release in this state - it obviously got caesarean'd out at 8 months by either publisher pressure or bad management with a drop dead date. It's a combination of me feeling sorry for them while also as a consumer feeling miffed it still has much further to go.

They really (really) should have had a paid beta like DCS A10, but then if you sign with Ubisoft then that's pretty much not going to happen. There's a painful maturation process with labor of love sims like this that just doesn't fit with big publisher mentality of marketing/QA/mods and community long relationship sales.

I thought about doing a disassemble to compare the IL2 engine for the new/old code debate, but to be honest I'm not sure what good it would do. Gathering evidence for some witch hunt won't help anyone - unfortunately we just now need to wait and be patient.

#3265214 - 04/09/11 06:52 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: WernerVoss]  
BillyRiley Offline
BillyRiley  Offline

Colchester, England
Sascha, there can be no more doubt regarding CoD being based upon old IL2 code

The game is called IL-2 Sturmovick:Cliffs of Dover. The game forum on Steam is under the IL-2 Sturmovick:1946 forum for gods sake. Need there be anymore proof.

Just as a crappy example if I make a program called Range Activity in Visual Basic 6 with a MS Access backend and years later I was to re-write it in .NET code with a SQL backend, I wouldn't call it Range Activity.

The game has references (even as simple as in name) to IL2 all over the place.

The End. biggrin

#3265219 - 04/09/11 07:00 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: FearlessFrog]  
BillyRiley Offline
BillyRiley  Offline

Colchester, England
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
They really (really) should have had a paid beta like DCS A10, but then if you sign with Ubisoft then that's pretty much not going to happen

Exactly - There would be pretty much zero uproar as people wouldn't feel duped into buying a POS - they would KNOW it was a BETA they were buying.

That process would have brought money in (how many simmers would have jumped at the chance to get their hands on this early - even in BETA? Probably just about the majority of people) and people wouldn't feel ripped off. It's not even feeling ripped off - as alot of people do just see it as £30 - it's more tha disappointment of where it's at and, worse, the way it was shown with selective videos and still pics...everything showing it off as amazing.

Well that it aint - yet.

#3265407 - 04/09/11 10:55 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
blot Offline
blot  Offline

Im new on this forum but not new to IL-2, I bought pretty much every expansion, I must say that since the patch this sim is going to be awesome! Even on training check out the ground details, Tractors, Fuel bowsers and even the trusty Austin K4 Ambulance, All beautifully modelled, As for the cockpits and visuals it's better than a lot of FSX add-ons for the same price, I'm Chuffed!

#3265408 - 04/09/11 11:00 PM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
Shado Offline
Shado  Offline

Jersey , Channel islands ,UK
Hi Blot welcome aboard mate

If life is one big joke.......I just don't get it
#3265512 - 04/10/11 01:49 AM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
Danosh33 Offline
Danosh33  Offline

Ok so my upgrade adventure is over and it's done, I had issues with a faulty ram stick which took me a while to narrow down so I am down to 4gb at the moment until I can take it back on Monday. Aaaannnyywaayyy, so note I was well overdue for an upgrade anyway so this wasn't specifically done for CLod however out of curiosity because I've almost given up on this game I tried it post upgrade same settings as before decals and models on high with forest and buildings on low or medium. So I've gone from:

OS
Vista 64 bit >>>>>> W7 64 bit
Resolution
no change = 1920x1080
CPU
E8400 3.0 Ghz >>>>> 2500k 3.3 Ghz
GPU
GTX 275 >>>>>>> 6970

I do have some fps improvements but the stuttering, micro freezes, elastic banding whatever you want to call it is still very much there over land, ROF on the other hand is running perfectly (not so much into WWI though).

Sooo, I am putting this sim away until I hear that some major changes have been made, I am no techy but I can't see this game being worthwhile for months and that's if UBI decide to hang around for that long.

Shame...

#3265533 - 04/10/11 02:23 AM Re: Massive improvement since patch [Re: jdbecks]  
Tonester Offline
Tonester  Offline

Perth West Aust
I think all this carrying on and back biting is hilarious.it reminds me of the fuss when the crack came out for the old game(what a revelation that was too!!).the 'Fors' are morons because....The 'Againsts' are morons because....quite frankly i think you are all morons...did you really think that all those wonderful drool inducing pictures that they showed in development were going to be reality...at least from day one of release?...do you not remember how poor the customers have always and consistently been treated by the developers of this series of sims in one way or another...i will say this..it is a fool that buys the first production model of a new car because of teething problems inherent in anything 'new'..so if you feel like you have done your dough..more fool you...however if you feel like youre happy with the underdone offering you have obviously been given...then you are a sucker..

If you like it...use it...if you dont...dont...but for pitys sake grow up and stop poking and prodding at each other and use the forum for what it was designed...

[Inappropriate language removed - don't do this] wept!

rant over

Last edited by Avimimus; 04/10/11 02:57 AM.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.