Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3263982 - 04/08/11 02:48 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: Slingn]  
Killjoy12 Offline
Killjoy12  Offline

You shouldn't compare the quality of an experience with the fact that the experience was functional. You saw a functioning movie that you didn't like. That's understandable. It's also quite different than sitting down in the theater and watching a movie that had no sound, had stutters and freezes, and one in which the video stopped playing anytime the scene was indoors. I would think if that happened, you would ask for a refund.

Originally Posted By: Slingn

yeah, I always compare a 30 thousand car to 50 bucks worth of cheap entertainment software. lol

Let me put it into a little perspective for you. I went to the movies last night. It cost me and my wife about 45 bucks between tickets, parking, and popcorn. The movie totally sucked. How dare they release a movie that sucked so bad. I screamed and whined to the manager, but he wouldn't even consider giving me my money back. It's obvious that the evil movie makers are out to only steal our money and provide us with crappy, unfinished movies. How dare they? We should sue.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3263983 - 04/08/11 02:49 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: Wibbey]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted By: Wibbey
I agree.. why are we all being so kind... most of us have spent our hard earn cash expecting, as one should when buying a video game, a working Game! In no other industry could u possibly get away with this.

Allow me to introduce you to something in the Real World of Aviation known as an Aviation Directive (AD).

Wibbey, meet AD. AD, Meet Wibbey.

How an AD works is that a manufacturer sells one a product, often a sub assembly of a larger item (such as a magneto on an engine), which one had really no choice in getting.

Said part is found to be defective in some way, as reported by end users.

Manufacturer or the FAA decides that it is in fact true - something was wrong in design or manufacture. Letters are sent out.

One's plane is now grounded until the owner pays to replace or repair said item.

In fact, when buying an aircraft, one of the most closely looked at items is the repair logs against a long list of AD's - if they haven't been complied with the cost of meeting them can exceed the aircraft's stated selling price (and worth).

Any AD that costs 100 USD to fix is considered worthy of celebration.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#3263990 - 04/08/11 02:57 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: Tantalwz88]  
RocketDog Offline
RocketDog  Offline

Bath, England
Oddly enough, when I bought my Club Libelle glider, I went over it carefully to check that all the ADs had been done. It turned out that they had indeed all been done - apart from the very first one of all whch dated back to (IIRC) 1975. It required the fitting of some tabs to the elevator connector so that the aircraft cannot be rigged with it disconnected. It had obviously never raised a problem, and I know this because if it had, then the aircraft would not have survived for me to be able to buy it.

Beyond gliding distance
#3263992 - 04/08/11 02:59 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: Killjoy12]  
Slingn Offline
Slingn  Offline

Originally Posted By: Killjoy12
You shouldn't compare the quality of an experience with the fact that the experience was functional. You saw a functioning movie that you didn't like. That's understandable. It's also quite different than sitting down in the theater and watching a movie that had no sound, had stutters and freezes, and one in which the video stopped playing anytime the scene was indoors. I would think if that happened, you would ask for a refund.

LOL, yeah, it's much better to compare it to a car that cost 1000 times more.

That was the point, people come here and compare cheap entertainment software to a car, or house, or even a big screen tv, and no one questions it. But don't compare it to something similar in cost, and in the same entertainment field, that is all wrong, and not fair at all? Is that what you're saying?

Simple fact is there are some people getting some enjoyment out of the game, despite it's current state. They are working on it, and giving us regular updates. It should get better. The game is not even fully released yet. All is not doom and gloom. No one died and no one stole your life saving. If the cost of this game was your life saving, you're in the wrong hobby and have a serious prioritization problem. Give it a break, you didn't buy a car without wheels

#3263998 - 04/08/11 03:07 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: Slingn]  
swampthng Offline
swampthng  Offline

I agree.. why are we all being so kind... most of us have spent our hard earn cash expecting, as one should when buying a video game, a working Game! In no other industry could u possibly get away with this. Oh BTW I bought this new car!... the guy says he going to give me the suspension and wheels next week! Those blokes have a dedication for optimizing my car's performance! Can’t wait until they finally give me the doors, steering wheel and breaks! Oh man… What a dedicated team.

yeah, I always compare a 30 thousand car to 50 bucks worth of cheap entertainment software. lol

Let me put it into a little perspective for you. I went to the movies last night. It cost me and my wife about 45 bucks between tickets, parking, and popcorn. The movie totally sucked. How dare they release a movie that sucked so bad. I screamed and whined to the manager, but he wouldn't even consider giving me my money back. It's obvious that the evil movie makers are out to only steal our money and provide us with crappy, unfinished movies. How dare they? We should sue.

Silly analogy with the movies. If you wanted to make it more accurate to IL2 it'd be more like this.

Every 5 seconds the movie would skip a few frames and drop some dialog. the film would break ever 15 mins. 20 mins of the movie was completely missing. And it was a movie you wanted to see more than anything and had been waiting for years for it.

Would you ask for your money back then and expect it? I sure would. The manager damn well get it for you too. There's a difference between not liking something and something being flat out broke.

Last edited by swampthng; 04/08/11 03:07 PM.
#3264000 - 04/08/11 03:09 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: swampthng]  
Slingn Offline
Slingn  Offline

Originally Posted By: swampthng
I agree.. why are we all being so kind... most of us have spent our hard earn cash expecting, as one should when buying a video game, a working Game! In no other industry could u possibly get away with this. Oh BTW I bought this new car!... the guy says he going to give me the suspension and wheels next week! Those blokes have a dedication for optimizing my car's performance! Can’t wait until they finally give me the doors, steering wheel and breaks! Oh man… What a dedicated team.

Silly analogy with the movies. If you wanted to make it more accurate to IL2 it'd be more like this.

Every 5 seconds the movie would skip a few frames and drop some dialog. the film would break ever 15 mins. 20 mins of the movie was completely missing. And it was a movie you wanted to see more than anything and had been waiting for years for it.

Would you ask for your money back then and expect it? I sure would. The manager damn well get it for you too. There's a difference between not liking something and something being flat out broke.

Once again, comparing the game to something that cost about the same and is in the same entertainment field is silly, but comparing it to a 40 thousand car is perfectly fine? Is that what you feel?

#3264010 - 04/08/11 03:24 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: Tantalwz88]  
catar Offline
catar  Offline

Perth Western Australia
Is this BETA PATCH topic or what?????????? I'm getting sick of this thread hijacking here and I think it's about time that not just ppl with negative comments about the game but also the Fanboy brigade should be banned for few weeks to calm things down /end rant

#3264014 - 04/08/11 03:29 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: Tantalwz88]  
sascha Offline
sascha  Offline

Munich, Germany
Quote:

Plus you'd have Robert De Niro sitting in front of you, smoking a huge cigar and laughing his ass off ... biggrin

S.

Last edited by sascha; 04/08/11 03:29 PM.

System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
#3264040 - 04/08/11 03:57 PM Re: Beta Patch [Re: Tantalwz88]  
Wibbey Offline
Wibbey  Offline

Quote:
Let me put it into a little perspective for you. I went to the movies last night. It cost me and my wife about 45 bucks between tickets, parking, and popcorn. The movie totally sucked. How dare they release a movie that sucked so bad. I screamed and whined to the manager, but he wouldn't even consider giving me my money back

pfft 45 bucks... try like 100 bucks in Australia... what movie did you see? The making of IL2: cliffs of dover?

Last edited by Wibbey; 04/08/11 04:18 PM.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.