Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3254704 - 04/01/11 06:26 AM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: WernerVoss]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Right now CoD is a fantastic dog-fighter app. So long as you stay over the water. Fire it up for a few minutes of light relief, much like a game of solitaire or one of those online java games. And that's it. That's all it amounts to right now. Five or six or seven years of work. I get no more out of it than I did with RoF.

"Give it time! Be patient!" Yes, that would be nice. But I can't kid myself that I don't now realise what the engine is, an out-of-date old clunker with pretty bits bolted on. The nail in its coffin was, for me, the 8000ft over London and seeing the pop-up grid. That can't be optimised away. That's old tech and it is what it is. And it has no business being there. No excuses, nada.

We were conned guys. All this "brand new engine" was a play on definition. It's clearly and obviously a modified IL2 engine, I have not one iota of doubt about that. And the pop-up proves it.

Yes, they may get the terrain running smooth, do away with the jerks and stutters, but all that'll achieve is smooth pop-up instead of jerky pop-up. You'll still see a tsunami of buildings, at any altitude, low or high, rushing or creeping away from you as your plane advances. With the grid-line preceding it, dark grey inside and light grey outside.

But I don't think they will cure it. Why? Because that old pop-up engine technology was never designed to cope with the number of buildings we're seeing. New tech does it differently, ala WoP. To do it with old tech requires brute force, and even the latest GPUs don't have the necessary grunt. It's like trying to pull a low-loader with a Ferrari engine. They need to pull the entire terrain component out of the engine and put in something up to date. WoP's. But they won't, because they'll have harvested what they can from release-day sales and that'll be it, game over. Fudge around a bit and then run.

I'll be very happy to be proved wrong, but after seeing that disgraceful latest advert I know I won't. THAT is a naked grab for cash, using *** means.

Proof give us some proof, I have played it for quite a few hours and in my opinion it is nothing like Il2, in fact there are things in it that are impossible in Il2 and not even the modders have added because they cant, you have made a big statement again, so now back it up with some proof, pop up also occurs in ROF is that also an old engine modelled on Il2?

You have already been proved wrong on many things Werner, using wop as your example shows your lack of any idea what you are on about, wop is not a new engine much of it is based on Il2, you say pull out the terrain and use wops, that just doesnt work wops viewing area is minute in comparison and although you can't grasp the concept map size makes a lot of difference, honestly you have no idea what you are on about and should just stop posting until you have something sensible to say.

III/JG11_Tiger
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3254791 - 04/01/11 08:19 AM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: Tiger27]  
FozzyBear Offline
FozzyBear  Offline

Originally Posted By: Tiger27
Proof give us some proof, I have played it for quite a few hours and in my opinion it is nothing like Il2, in fact there are things in it that are impossible in Il2 and not even the modders have added because they cant, you have made a big statement again, so now back it up with some proof, pop up also occurs in ROF is that also an old engine modelled on Il2?

You have already been proved wrong on many things Werner, using wop as your example shows your lack of any idea what you are on about, wop is not a new engine much of it is based on Il2, you say pull out the terrain and use wops, that just doesnt work wops viewing area is minute in comparison and although you can't grasp the concept map size makes a lot of difference, honestly you have no idea what you are on about and should just stop posting until you have something sensible to say.

I find it funny that you are demanding proof and calling others liars, yet you state the following:

"wop is not a new engine much of it is based on Il2"

Let me guess, your only proof that WoP is built on the il2 engine is from seeing Oleg's name in the WoP credits? Therefore, and this is digressing a tad, would that then by default mean that the Gajin team is more talented then Oleg's team in the art and sound department?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.