Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3253041 - 03/31/11 08:25 AM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Well Ive got the game now, Ive messed about with it for several hours and it runs like crap, dogfighting not a chance in hell, I would of got a lot more action if i'd spent £29.99 on the Missus. My advice keep your money in your pockects this will be in the bargain bin well before its fixed.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3253042 - 03/31/11 08:27 AM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Ghost-Swe...if only, if only....

I'd only involve ego about something worthwhile, more important. Not a computer game - you must be joking?

Hwoever, I still see the same types of posts/fans/dev cycles as 10 years ago, or longer if you take bulletin boards into account.

I'm just amazed people accept, and applaud, a game in this state, with this troubled dev history and feature omissions, and in this general state.

I would say the fans' ego is the most readily apparent. And the mob mentality.

Enjoy the game. I'll wait until it is playable and the missing features are put back, if ever. I have no bias either way.

Ben

#3253044 - 03/31/11 08:28 AM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: Tree]  
GloDark7 Offline
GloDark7  Offline

Pale Blue Dot
Originally Posted By: Tree
...I would of got a lot more action if i'd spent £29.99 on the Missus...

You do come out with some gems Tree biggrin

System
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W @ 3.5Ghz
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
ATI HD 4850 1GB
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 (on OCZ Agility SSD 60GB)

Flight Gear
Freetrack 6DoF (using TrackIR 3 cam)
Saitek Cyborg Evo Force (failed after 6 strong years of service)
Saitek X-52 Pro Flight System with Hall Sensor Magnet Mod (flying is good again)
#3253068 - 03/31/11 09:07 AM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: falstaff]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: falstaff
One headline post against the game - two immediate mod postings shooting it down.

I think that sets the tone.

Yes, I know it's a fan forum. Boy do I know.

The game is quite obviously at beta stage, if that. Face facts, at the very least. Please? For the sake of my sanity?

Ben

you could look at it that way, or you could say that one didn't enjoy it while two did, some people require less than others to be happy, some people may have spent some time getting it running better than others, you rarely get every one agreeing. You are right that it has obviously been released early but that doesn't take a genius to see, I think it has a lot of promise if you disagree fine, would you rather the forum only allow negative posts, for your sanity and all. dizzy

III/JG11_Tiger
#3253169 - 03/31/11 11:25 AM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
Craterman Offline
Craterman  Offline

A lot of bruised egos around here. Blind faith can get one killed, so really it's not so bad.

#3253215 - 03/31/11 11:59 AM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Well...im flying 3 on 3 over the sea at 45-60FPS and having a great time smile

#3253218 - 03/31/11 12:00 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
Sully Offline
Sully  Offline

PA USA

#3253224 - 03/31/11 12:06 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
Georgio Offline
Georgio  Offline

Hockley, UK
I finally downloaded the game at 4am this morning after being undecided if I was going to pull the switch or not until the obvious problems were sorted.
First impressions are good, virtually the same feelings as 10 years ago when I first fired up the IL-2 demo.

Anyways,installed faultlessly using Steam and jumped in on a quick mission with the default medium settings.
I was getting 10-15 fps over land in a one on one but this was at 2560 by 1440 so understandable.
I reduced down to 1600 x 1200 and I got another 10fps which is ok for my setup and perfectly playable for what I want at the moment.
I know the big bomber missions will come, but it will take time to polish this, much like when I bought the beta DCS A-10 last year and waited patiently through the patches until the released product.

Specs:
iMac (yes really)
i7 875
12GB DDR3 RAM
Ati 5750 1MB
Win7 64 Bit
TIR3 / ver.5 software
Warthog/ TM pedals

#3253230 - 03/31/11 12:11 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
devastat Offline
devastat  Offline

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Well...im flying 3 on 3 over the sea at 45-60FPS and having a great time smile

Me too smile

#3253240 - 03/31/11 12:16 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
dude163 Offline
Hotshot
dude163  Offline
Hotshot

riverview, NB, Canada
I love this part ion his stream of consciousness post

"Game is getting 50 fps out to sea but when you get in to air to air with AI the FPS drop to 40-42" OMG 40-42!!

I remember playing IL2 and geting ecstatic if it went over 25 fps on Black death TRK!

XBL : DUDE163
PSN : DUDE163
http://www.flickr.com/photos/riverviewfoto/
http://dude163.blogspot.com (vintage lens foto blog)
#3253295 - 03/31/11 12:49 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: Tree]  
DavidWa Offline
DavidWa  Offline

Vancouver WA
Originally Posted By: Tree
Well Ive got the game now, Ive messed about with it for several hours and it runs like crap, dogfighting not a chance in hell, I would of got a lot more action if i'd spent £29.99 on the Missus. My advice keep your money in your pockets this will be in the bargain bin well before its fixed.

I can remember when IL2 came out and we all couldn't get more than a 3v3 going 10 years ago. But I am shocked a game using DirX10 with 10 years of experience from the prior sim that is listed to have 120+ man servers can only get 3v3 in the server " over water only " Try that over London.. A BOB Game with no BOB lol.. " hey that girl is a MAN " abducted

Why didn't 1c have a beta ... well you just paid for it. And I would have as the owner said hey.. we are going to under pressure " have a beta release " for people willing to " pre order and pay for the game " then We will have a " gold Release at a later date. So only those willing to pay for the beta will get to test it. Don't wait unit were in the room and give you $50 before we see that she is a man and tell us that we should have known due to and I quote " Our games are always a work in progress" end Quote . eek2

I love the new game and hate it. I can live with it yes. But I do have some remorse, the kind you get when you buy a Car and can't take it back after you find it has some " Reparable Issues from the factory " as if this game was fuled buy alcohol during the last 6 months before release ...
bottles

So turn down your settings, and enjoy the Beta.. It's just like Flight Sim X.. but I " hope " that they will fix this and not just run out of warranty leaving it to die on the vine.

Warring this post was edited by the Epi filter for your protection " USA markets only " Europe markets should be patched so you can read at your own risk.

Warring this is top secret meeting from 1C.. LOL Joke so please don't cry. popcorn

Last edited by DavidWa; 03/31/11 03:17 PM.
#3253327 - 03/31/11 01:11 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: Wklink]  
RAF74_Raptor Offline
Jurrasic
RAF74_Raptor  Offline
Jurrasic

TN
Originally Posted By: SimHQ Tom Cofield
I don't know. I will have to look up that policy.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What popped into my mind when I tried reading it.

Maybe he will post something a little more, um, readable once he sobers up and can articulate more what he is upset about.

BTW, Tree, as far as I know, has not been banned.

+1 and exactly what popped into my head as well

Ahh CLOD never in the history of Simming has so much been promised and so little given.

However I want to thank Team Fusion for keeping the Dream Alive.
#3253529 - 03/31/11 03:03 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: RAF74_Raptor]  
DavidWa Offline
DavidWa  Offline

Vancouver WA
They have had the game for 24 hours in Europe and they still don't have any multi player servers up ... That what popped into my head too.. +1 hick

.. I only hurts due to its true.

Last edited by DavidWa; 03/31/11 03:18 PM.
#3253555 - 03/31/11 03:19 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
Wklink Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Wklink  Offline
Permanent Latrine Orderly
Hotshot

Olympia, Washington
DavidWa, you don't have to put that video with every post.

Most of us found it funny but it is like a joke that my 13 year old says again and again. What is funny the first couple of times gets irritating when repeated over and over again. You are going from legitimate complainer to whiner real fast. That is tripping on the edge of Troller and that isn't allowed.

The artist formerly known as SimHq Tom Cofield
#3253586 - 03/31/11 03:35 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: Ghost_swe]  
Plainsman Offline
Plainsman  Offline

Vikings Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
One post against the game - two mod postings shooting it down.

Talk about closing ranks and setting the tone.

Utterly, sadly, predicatable.

And we wonder why this forum has such a heavy bias.

It's the lack of rational balance that astounds.

There are plenty of emotive posts for? What's wrong with (another) one against?

Besides, credit where it's due...:) Tree isn't the only one pointing out problems, far from it....

If I were a dev, I'd be bit scared of the 'fans' on my side. And probably seek another profession.

Ben

Nobody cares.

People gonna buy and play it no matter what.

Not me. I won't waste my money until it's completely, totally fixed. But I appreciate the fact that others jumped right in to spare me the pain.

Last edited by Plainsman; 03/31/11 03:37 PM.

Acer: XB 280HK 28" 3840 X 2160, 1ms, w/Nvidia GSync
Corsair: White Graphite 760T Full Tower
Corsair: 16GB Vengeance LPX 2800MHz RAM
Corsair: SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker System
INTEL: Six-Core, i7 5820K CPU @4.2Hz
ASUS RTX OC 2080
Logitech 920 Wheel and Pedal System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Control System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek X55 HOTAS
XBOX One S
Track IR5

#3253620 - 03/31/11 03:55 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: Plainsman]  
Boilerplate* Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Boilerplate*  Offline
Viceroy of Huntly
Hotshot

Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: Plainsman
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
One post against the game - two mod postings shooting it down.

Talk about closing ranks and setting the tone.

Utterly, sadly, predicatable.

And we wonder why this forum has such a heavy bias.

It's the lack of rational balance that astounds.

There are plenty of emotive posts for? What's wrong with (another) one against?

Besides, credit where it's due...:) Tree isn't the only one pointing out problems, far from it....

If I were a dev, I'd be bit scared of the 'fans' on my side. And probably seek another profession.

Ben

Nobody cares.

People gonna buy and play it no matter what.

Not me. I won't waste my money until it's completely, totally fixed. But I appreciate the fact that others jumped right in to spare me the pain.

I don't think posts like this are as much a factor in buyer beware as you claim it to be. I've always waited until the coast was clear on my own volition. Nine times out of ten, there will be follow up patches.

I can't believe you would be that naive. wink

It's a Game. smile
#3253721 - 03/31/11 05:01 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
ratoa Offline
ratoa  Offline

Well we don't need Tree to see the real true unless you are a fanatic or blind

When I saw those Tiguer Moth flying peacefully over water awhile ago I knew right away something was wrong

Before that we also saw the low resolution video released and the excuse was that they where using

a crappy computer to test the game to make sure people with mid systems can play it <---- lol

With that been said you people talk about support but to support a game in that state they need to win me over

and at this point a rather use my 50 for something else. COD will be good at some point and when they fix

their crappy fps issues Il buy it... in the mean time keep beta testing the game with your I7 OC at 4GHZ+GTX2/4/5 series

Last edited by ratoa; 03/31/11 07:16 PM.
#3253736 - 03/31/11 05:17 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: ratoa]  
RocketDog Offline
RocketDog  Offline

Bath, England
Originally Posted By: ratoa
When I saw those Tiguer Moth flying peacefully over water awhile ago I knew right away something was wrong

You may have a point.

Beyond gliding distance
#3253831 - 03/31/11 06:26 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
falstaff Offline
falstaff  Offline

Of course, all games of any complexity have teething problems, and release patches are fine and dandy and expected.

But this is of a different order. This appears to have more serious issues (even without the much-vaunted dynamic weather/campaign).

A good job radar wasn't much in evidence back then, since those features would have disappeared right off it smile

I have beta-tested complex and expensive software professionally, from memory-leak hunting to various GUI and interface issues, low-level page calls, DLL linkage etc etc....this thing was rushed out of the door entirely too early.

There's a-bit-too-early-we-can-live-with-it, and there's did-we-really-just-release-that-in-that-state-and-did-anyone-tell-the-programmers?

From what I can see it looks like the latter here.

A lot of people here and therefore willing to be used as unpaid beta-testers. In some cases they ahve spent a lot of upgrade money for the privelege. That's up to them.

Ben

#3253872 - 03/31/11 06:50 PM Re: Tree .. Sorry you were right [Re: DavidWa]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I dunno, I have my Rise of Flight Early Adopter Medal (with Beta Arrow Device), and so I'm not too concerned.

While I will agree that reviews and impressions should always be on what is rather than potential, I'm still looking forward to the North American release and haven't cancelled my pre-order with GoGamer.

There was much knashing of teeth over RoF before and after release (and still is, as there remains holes in the sim big enough to run a Gotha through), but after a little bit the whole thing improved to be a fantastic sim all around.

Heck, I remember whole nights with the squadron exchanging config.ini files and working through settings to make IL-2 run properly instead of actually flying with one another, so I'm not suprised on that front, either.

1C: Maddox seems to build and release sims based on systems three years in the future.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.