Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3246078 - 03/25/11 10:27 PM Videos from Nike-it  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

From the 1C forum-Nike-it

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19487

As I promised today I made a several small videos from retail version.
My system specs are i7-860, 4Gb Ram, GTX470 and Win7 64 bit at 1920x1080x32.
I didn't make any special changes in the settings, just left everything as it was after installation.
And one more thing, I'm a very unskilled virtual pilot so please don't take them seriously in the field of realism and quality of flying.

The average FPS for all videos is 30, the lowest is 22 the highest 67.

Don't blame me for not very interesting gameplay, I simply didn't have time to prepare quality ones. I just want to show, that the game even in the current not optimized and polished version is still more then playable just from the box. And as Luthier stated today, the devs will do their best to support the project and create the game we all want to see.
Cheers

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 03/25/11 10:27 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3246086 - 03/25/11 10:33 PM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

I.E. Commiefornia ..S.B Count...
omg the sounds are terrible .. seriously listen to the JU87.. Il2 modded is looking better everyday

[Signature deleted]
#3246087 - 03/25/11 10:33 PM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Philip_ed Offline
Philip_ed  Offline

Nice. It does look pretty.
But that auto-pop is horrible, and the same is true for the LoD's....
hopefully easy things to bring up to 2011 standard wink

"Our name is Hornet Squadron, no bloody good are we.
We cannot shoot, we can not fight, nor march like infantry.
But when it comes to pay parade, we shout with all our might:
Per Ardua ad Astra, Up yours Jack we're alright!"

Flt Lt Kellaway
#3246096 - 03/25/11 10:47 PM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Thanks for the vids.

Clouds look like in IL2, I had hoped for a big improvement on release. Maybe later...
Sounds are...well... I don't know.

The terrain in the 110 vid looks nice though, although I'm still not too happy with the colours.

Last edited by Para_Bellum; 03/25/11 10:49 PM.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3246103 - 03/25/11 10:54 PM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Mastiff Offline
"just do it"
Mastiff  Offline
"just do it"

EL Centro, Cailfornia
looks like I'm waiting and will continue IL2 up2.01

71st Eagle Squadron
www.anon6.com - Blogger on DCS Series 71st Mastiff's you-Tube
"any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back"
Asus x-99||i7x5930k||ddr4 16gb2400||GTX980Ti-6gb||
ATX1200Corsair||realteck 5.1||Win8.1x64pro||
TrackIr4Pro/ir||CHfghtrstck||siatekpedals|
|X52ThrteCntrlr||G15Keyboard/RzrMose||
32"LCD||2x7"lilliputs,1x9inc
#3246106 - 03/25/11 10:56 PM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
msalama Offline
msalama  Offline

Looks like a somewhat polished IL-2 to me. Nothing wrong with that per se, but after 6 years in development and all the talk of how revolutionary a sim this will be and yet what we're getting is... this?

Sorry guys, but I still can't help but think of someone having screwed up BIGTIME.

PS. Oh yeah, using the old IL-2 sounds as well it seems.

#3246107 - 03/25/11 10:58 PM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

After the horror stories this looks more workable in terms of performance.

Laughing in the face of FSAA in 2011 is odd mind, although the video compression probably doesn't help, as does the FRAPS tax.

Plus this was recorded with the 'Ubisoft Defeats Russia' filter on too, which sounds like something quickly being rethought.

Yep, couple of patches, plus a whip-round to buy a new lawn-mower to record the Ju87 sounds and we'll be sorted. Genius to stagger the 'proper' release till the 19th April, although have to feel for those early beta testers back east... smile

#3246110 - 03/25/11 11:01 PM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: msalama]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted By: msalama
PS. Oh yeah, using the old IL-2 sounds as well it seems.

Nope, that was recently debunked by Ilya.

#3246215 - 03/26/11 12:25 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
ReconNZ Offline
ReconNZ  Offline

What the hell are you all talking about??? You guys really need to get a life. This game looks great, the vid quality is really good here, and as for the sounds, damn guys, spent much time in a JU87 have you?

How the hell do you know what it should sound like??? I've flown lots of small planes, you always have headphones on and you're lucky if the engine sounds are more than a dull humming! And if you're in a dogfight and you're still worried about engine sounds, all i can say is I hope i'm on the other side of the fight!

How about you all lighten up, wait a couple of weeks, then quietly in the comfort of your own home decide whether you want to spend the cost of a meal out buying this game. If you dont, no worries, we dont need to know about it, we dont care, and we arent interested. Just quietly log out of the forum and move on to something more meaningful that gives you joy. Spend time with the family, reload IRC and chat away on public interest chat sites, or maybe have a meaningful interaction with IL2. Either way, you dont need to tell us all about it.

Just my thoughts, cant wait to get CoD and watch it develop over time to being a truly amazing game.

#3246248 - 03/26/11 12:50 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: ReconNZ]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: ReconNZ
What the hell are you all talking about??? You guys really need to get a life. This game looks great, the vid quality is really good here, and as for the sounds, damn guys, spent much time in a JU87 have you?

How the hell do you know what it should sound like??? I've flown lots of small planes, you always have headphones on and you're lucky if the engine sounds are more than a dull humming! And if you're in a dogfight and you're still worried about engine sounds, all i can say is I hope i'm on the other side of the fight!

How about you all lighten up, wait a couple of weeks, then quietly in the comfort of your own home decide whether you want to spend the cost of a meal out buying this game. If you dont, no worries, we dont need to know about it, we dont care, and we arent interested. Just quietly log out of the forum and move on to something more meaningful that gives you joy. Spend time with the family, reload IRC and chat away on public interest chat sites, or maybe have a meaningful interaction with IL2. Either way, you dont need to tell us all about it.

Just my thoughts, cant wait to get CoD and watch it develop over time to being a truly amazing game.

We will get a life if you get some glasses cheers

#3246249 - 03/26/11 12:50 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
ratoa Offline
ratoa  Offline

It seems to me that the cost of a meal where you live are pretty high

#3246270 - 03/26/11 01:03 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
johncage Offline
johncage  Offline

The sound is fine. The people who have a problem with it think volume is directly related to realism or authenticity.

The visuals are Rise of Flight level, which is good. It lacks some of the luster, but it also surpasses it in some aspects, like the landscape and shadow system.

#3246275 - 03/26/11 01:06 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
GloDark7 Offline
GloDark7  Offline

Pale Blue Dot
Disappointing. Building and tree pop-up is just hideous.

System
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W @ 3.5Ghz
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
ATI HD 4850 1GB
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 (on OCZ Agility SSD 60GB)

Flight Gear
Freetrack 6DoF (using TrackIR 3 cam)
Saitek Cyborg Evo Force (failed after 6 strong years of service)
Saitek X-52 Pro Flight System with Hall Sensor Magnet Mod (flying is good again)
#3246348 - 03/26/11 02:31 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: ReconNZ]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia

I'm with you Recon, I think it looks good on what is defsult settings, the sounds are fine and no they are not the same as Il2's, certainly better than some of the negative reports would have us believe.

III/JG11_Tiger
#3246353 - 03/26/11 02:36 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: Tree]  
Tiger27 Offline
Tiger27  Offline

Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: Tree

We will get a life if you get some glasses cheers

Seems a lot of your myths are being debunked Tree, are you worried about your star status amongst the whingers being diminished, your early whines were about not seeing in cockpit shots over cities and the game being totally unplayable, well these videos show a different story, you are really getting boring with your negativity, why don't you go away and find a different game too play?

III/JG11_Tiger
#3246369 - 03/26/11 02:51 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: ReconNZ]  
ChwyNiblet Offline
ChwyNiblet  Offline

Woah..take a chill pill.

#3246370 - 03/26/11 02:52 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
ChwyNiblet Offline
ChwyNiblet  Offline

The internal sounds are different. The external sounds are the same synthesized sounds from IL2.

#3246379 - 03/26/11 03:13 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: ReconNZ]  
lbuchele Offline
lbuchele  Offline

Brazil

A bit harsh,but I have to recon that Recon is right.

#3246427 - 03/26/11 04:44 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: lbuchele]  
jared17 Offline
jared17  Offline

Originally Posted By: lbuchele

A bit harsh,but I have to recon that Recon is right.

I'm a private pilot, I'm glad you have flown in lots of small planes.

JU87 sounds like it came straight from IL2

25 FPS in a aviation combat sim just wont cut it even at the lowest settings.

I haven't gotten my hands on the game yet obviously, but from the looks of it.. What a shame. Il2 was probably and still is my favorite aviation combat sim.. I mean, people are still modding the hell out of it, and i'm sure that won't change a bit after CoD released internationally.

Here's to hoping for some mod tools to let the community take over and make this Il2 V2.0 cheers

Intel Core i7 3770k ~ 4.7 GHz
2x EVGA 780TI's
16GB Kingston Hyper-X RAM
MSI Z77 GD65 Gaming
Windows 7 Ultimate
#3246457 - 03/26/11 06:57 AM Re: Videos from Nike-it [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
FozzyBear Offline
FozzyBear  Offline

I never flew JU 87, but I would have figured it wouldn't sound any where near what my lawn mower sounds like.

So far BoB2 and WoP (yes, WoP scores 1 point for sounds and 1 point for great art) Because of that, I think I can easily wait for this game to come out on sale on Steam for half price or I'll buy it before then if the modding community works their magic with game sounds.

Oh, by the way. It doesn't cost me $50 bucks to eat dinner. Hell, I ate at the Olive Garden tonight and only spent $25 on one a big ass plate of chicken fettuccine and two or three bottles of Dos Equis.

Last edited by FozzyBear; 03/26/11 07:03 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.