Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3245088 - 03/25/11 12:05 PM I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond.  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Luthier, myself and many others asked on many occasions to see some actual 'in game' footage before the game was released with sound. For what ever reason yourself and Oleg didn't seem to want us to see in game stuff, you prefered to show us movies instead.
Anyhow now its all out in the open could you show us some of the tracks you recorded before you applied the anti epilepsy filter, this would give us some hope that when you have fixed the game it will run at acceptable frames rates and will most likely stop people cancelling thier pre-orders which obviously isn't good for you finacially which in turn isn't good for us flight simmers.
This simple task of showing us how it should of been will bring us all great hope, and we can then order our game safe in the knowledge than when fixed it will be great.

Many Thanks.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3245092 - 03/25/11 12:07 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Axel40 Offline
Axel40  Offline

London
It's not gonna happen but I admire your determination. biggrin

"Anti Aircraft fire is...very dangerous."
Eddie Rickenbacker 2009
#3245102 - 03/25/11 12:14 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

All I want to see coming out of Maddox Games right now, apart from the game itself, is an *cough* underground patch *cough* that removes Ubi's moron filter.

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3245106 - 03/25/11 12:18 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
It's a set up!

1) Tree makes a demand, as if he is Person of the World and Center of the Universe.

2) It's not met.

3) Tree slags sim once more. Trolls forums saying nyah nyah you suck if you thought this would be any good.

Rinse and repeat.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#3245109 - 03/25/11 12:20 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
WernerVoss Offline
WernerVoss  Offline

Dart, with all due respect mate, but aren't you, as a mod, supposed to be above that kind of talk? How's he supposed to respond, if feeling provoked, to somebody who can then just up and ban him?

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
#3245114 - 03/25/11 12:24 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Cupid Stunt Offline
Cupid Stunt  Offline

Bristol, UK
Christ it's mayhem over on the banana forum.

I think I am going to go out into the sunshine, it's a lovely day, the birds are singing, the ladies are looking fine and its time to forget about this place for a little while.

Meanwhile, I will still enjoy taking delivery of the game next week, if it doesn't run it will get patched, if it doesn't get patched then I will have wasted my money, so what I have wasted plenty of money before and anyway I am really enjoying Rise of Flight at the moment so no big deal and of course playing my drums is always good.

I am sure Oleg and the guy's have really tried their best to deliver and you can't really do more than your best, can you?

#3245119 - 03/25/11 12:26 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Cupid Stunt]  
Simbo_Sim123 Offline
Simbo_Sim123  Offline

Tonyrefail South Wales
Originally Posted By: Cupid Stunt
Christ it's mayhem over on the banana forum.

I think I am going to go out into the sunshine, it's a lovely day, the birds are singing, the ladies are looking fine and its time to forget about this place for a little while.

Meanwhile, I will still enjoy taking delivery of the game next week, if it doesn't run it will get patched, if it doesn't get patched then I will have wasted my money, so what I have wasted plenty of money before and anyway I am really enjoying Rise of Flight at the moment so no big deal and of course playing my drums is always good.

I am sure Oleg and the guy's have really tried their best to deliver and you can't really do more than your best, can you?

Well said Mister Stunt.

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
#3245122 - 03/25/11 12:31 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Aces High 2 Offline
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123)
Aces High 2  Offline
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123)

Kingston, Surrey, UK.
Courage mes braves!

As Winston Churchill said:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Regards

Aces

Edit: Wotcha Paul me 'ol m8, hope all is well with you and the family, cheers Leigh

Last edited by Aces High 2; 03/25/11 12:32 PM.

"IL-2 MAT Manager" program co-dev., Silent Hunter III "Super Turms", "Super Pens", Multi-Skin Bombers dev. for Wings of Victory BDG version 2.10 + various Steel Fury mods. BDG member, "Modder".

Aces' Downloads: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Aces' YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/clvy94f
My "Stuka Vor" Film: https://vimeo.com/196439362
CloD Virtual Cockpits Vid: https://youtu.be/Emn2dkYGk74
BoS Bump Maps Vid: https://youtu.be/J24WAVDwo-M
My PhotoArt/Virtual Galleries: http://www.leighkempphotoart.co.uk/
#3245123 - 03/25/11 12:31 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Dart]  

CT, USA
Originally Posted By: Dart
It's a set up!

1) Tree makes a demand, as if he is Person of the World and Center of the Universe.

Geez, Dart, I don't think what he just posted here is any type of demand at all. It was one of the more respectful posts I've seen from him. I also don't think it will happen, and you may be right in his reaction to it not happening, but he didn't "demand" a thing in that post.

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
#3245129 - 03/25/11 12:38 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: WernerVoss]  
VonBarb. Offline
Earth-bound misfit
VonBarb.  Offline
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot

The Dust,Pandora
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Dart, with all due respect mate, but aren't you, as a mod, supposed to be above that kind of talk? How's he supposed to respond, if feeling provoked, to somebody who can then just up and ban him?

Just like he would to any other member. Dart is an admin, but as long as no line is crossed, a little argument is OK to have. Insults will probably get him banned, then again insulting anyone who'sd not a mod would most likely get him kicked out.

I've had a little experience of moderating online forums myself, and let's just say I wouldn't have put up with half of what's been going on around here, so I'd say Dart is a pretty patient and open minded moderator.

Cheers

Nico

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
#3245138 - 03/25/11 12:47 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Dart]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
Originally Posted By: Dart
It's a set up!

2) It's not met.

3) Tree slags sim once more. Trolls forums saying nyah nyah you suck if you thought this would be any good.

Rinse and repeat.

dart, you dont like me or get me, i can live with that.

No ill feelings towards you on my part, Peace.

#3245163 - 03/25/11 01:07 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Dr_Cornwallace Offline
Dr_Cornwallace  Offline

Michigan
It saddens me to see people canceling there pre-orders. things may not be good from the get go but its an investment in the community, and a small one at that.
Im sure alot of us would not love sims they way we do now if not for what oleg did before.

#3245177 - 03/25/11 01:16 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: WernerVoss]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss

I can't speak for Dart. However, I can say that there are fairly strict regulations on when and how someone can be banned. If need be Dart can always transfer the responsibility for such an intervention to another moderator or admin.

It is good to see someone who is willing to keep a watch on the moderators - it makes the job easier. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3245178 - 03/25/11 01:17 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Stop it Dart, i want a tissue. You big meanie face.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#3245185 - 03/25/11 01:21 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
l3ullDozer Offline
l3ullDozer  Offline

Pittburgh, PA
If you see this as such a "good" investment you should buy us all a copy, then if a few years down the road it works properly you'll have somebody to play with.

Unfortunately I have a job, that means I work...so I can buy new Hardware to run a 50 dollar game.
I'll invest my $50 on a bag of chronic and hopefully forget about all the time I spent waiting for this game to come out.

Asus P5Q-E
e8400 @3.6ghz - asus 23" lcd
4gb mushkin redline ddr2-1000
powercolor 6950 2gb
pc p&c-750w silencer
Vista 64 bit
#3245190 - 03/25/11 01:25 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Dr_Cornwallace Offline
Dr_Cornwallace  Offline

Michigan
Thank you. you just reminded me why posting on forums is asinine. At least with your types about.

#3245198 - 03/25/11 01:30 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Dr_Cornwallace]  
l3ullDozer Offline
l3ullDozer  Offline

Pittburgh, PA
Originally Posted By: Dr_Cornwallace
Thank you. you just reminded me why posting on forums is asinine. At least with your types about.

Tell me about it...Why do u think i only have 13 posts and I joined the forums in 2009. I'm obviously not sitting at my computer talking to people like you. I go outside...almost everyday, try it sometime!

Asus P5Q-E
e8400 @3.6ghz - asus 23" lcd
4gb mushkin redline ddr2-1000
powercolor 6950 2gb
pc p&c-750w silencer
Vista 64 bit
#3245216 - 03/25/11 01:48 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Okay, there will be a PM to Tree later on, but I'll post this publicly just to clarify a tad bit.

1) I'm a member first and foremost.

2) My post was over the top. I'm just getting really weary of the same people making demands that they know won't be met and then using them as "proof" that something foul is going on.

3) Being a jerk won't get anyone banned. In fact, it can get one a moderator's spot as a means of rehabilitation. wink Indeed, I think just about everyone on staff has been formally disciplined as a member at some point. Heck, I got two weeks "vacation" back in the WCE days.

4) Saying rediculous things, both positive and negative, about a sim won't get one banned. This is why I like SimHQ (and why I rarely post in official company forums); it provides a marketplace of viewpoints. We allow for one of the truist forms of "free speech;" anyone can say just about anything - and be summarily slapped down for it just as freely. Free speech does not mean protection from disagreement.

5) Banning is VERY severe here. There are no suspensions, only life sentences. Getting a ban lifted is only given in rare cases, and only when asked for by the member (and he better have many advocates on the staff). Banning is the very last resort, and never done lightly; there is usually a debate about it. Because it is so draconian, only guod or 20mm can ban members.

The only gray area when it comes to rule breaking is the good order and discipline concept. If a member has made a forum toxic - and it's got to be to where people aren't visiting or start complaining to guod or 20mm in great numbers - he might get taken out.

Quite a bit of friction comes down to what one views what forums like SimHQ are for. I tend to think of them as places for enthusiasts to gather; not in order to make a large circle and shake each other's, um, hands, but to discuss how to make the simulation experience more enjoyable. Others treat it like politics, where oneupmanship and "winning" is the goal. Naturally, people can vacillate between the two perspectives thread by thread; heck, I do that. I won't go into the WoP forums and slag the sim and tell the guys and gals who enjoy it that it looks and plays like crap to me (the "enthusiast" perspective), but I'll dang sure take a swipe at it within another forum (such as this one) when it's put forward as a good sim that should be emulated.

If a game or sim isn't your cup of tea, move on to something else and be done with it. Remember that the batsh*tcrazy girl that keyed your car after being disagreed with over whether or not Snickers bars are better than Milky Way bars back in college is happily married to someone else now, and her husband is quite pleased to have gotten her.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#3245252 - 03/25/11 02:16 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Tree Offline
Tree  Offline

Derby, England
No need to send me a PM Dart, that all makes sense to me, I'm a thick skinned Brit, people not liking me or disagreeing with me troubles me none. I dont wish anyone any harm or ill will.

#3245268 - 03/25/11 02:32 PM Re: I posted this at 1C hopefully luthier will respond. [Re: Tree]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
The funny thing is that if CoD has serious problems I won't sugar coat them in the review.

I was on the "fanboi" list for RoF and certainly took it to task where it was failing at release, giving it a "do not buy" recommendation for non-flight simmers, a "wait for patches and upgrades" for general flight sim folks, and a "get it" for WWI nuts.

I'll have to see how it runs when the copy is in my hands before I can pass judgement, though. Until then it's in the "highly anticipated" category, with a favorable trend.

I suspect that CoD, like the IL-2 series, will need some serious config.ini and video card tweaking to get to run decently at medium settings. Heck, we're still hotswapping config.ini files for 1946 in my squadron and discussing video card/monitor settings.

Fortunately I have two gaming systems, one very much low-to-middle (dual core, 4GB RAM, lower end card) and a middle-to-high system (quad core, 8GB RAM, upper end card) to compare.

Some of the stuff I'm not too concerned about. None of us could fly over Berlin without serious problems when IL-2 came out, and introducing flak was system shattering....but in due time it became just another suburb.

From Laser:
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.