Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3226856 - 03/07/11 11:18 AM W7 64 Bit: CH controllers lost, nothing goes  
Skybird Offline
Skybird  Offline

I just migrated from XP to Win7 Prof 64Bit. Please forgive the cross-posting, but at subsim.com I so far got no help, and the CH forum is locked to me, they refuse all my email handles for registration from two different email servers and so far have not replied to my contacting attempt.

I knew and expected problems for my old Sidewinder FF wheel, I read it, and so that loss could be lived with.

Much more harm is done by the complete strike of my CH Fighterstick and ProThrottle. They installed automatically as standard joysticks when I plugged them in, and calibrated as they should from the hardware manager, the stick movements were there and all buttons - just that the Z-axis (throttle, and the wheel on the stick) now was reversed. I then installed control manager 4.51, the latest version i could find. Since then, nothing goes anymore. They do not get recognized in the manager, although they show up as CH devices (and simultaneously HID devices in the hardware manager, plus the SUB root entry marked by the game manager. Since then, I cannot access them in the manager, I cannot calibrate them, they caused no reaction, and now they even cannot be accesses for default windows calibration in the hardware manager anymore - you get a small text box saying you should use the control manager for calibration. I also tried to load some old maps in the manager, they caused no reaction.

I tried the two devices both on the tower's integrated USB 3.0 connectors, and on integrated USB 2.0 connectors. No difference. The USB ports are fully functional however, and correctly loaded, USB sticks, USB-connected devices and external HD work flawlessly on them. The system is brandnew and the installation around 24 hours old only: only the latest of the latest drivers I could find for installing things, no need to already have done driver updates anywhere.

XPSP3 compatibility mode was tried when launching the control manager, it did nothing.

Specs: Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit running on i5 2500 with 8 GB RAM, 1TB Hitachi HD, Gainward GTX460 with 1 GB RAM.

Currently still no sims installed, just system software and tuning options (no overclocking). But i could not drive or fly anything anyway.

!!! Helphelphelp !!!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3227450 - 03/07/11 09:27 PM Re: W7 64 Bit: CH controllers lost, nothing goes [Re: Skybird]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
After installing CM, did you re-scan in CM?

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

#3227457 - 03/07/11 09:33 PM Re: W7 64 Bit: CH controllers lost, nothing goes [Re: Skybird]  
Skybird Offline
Skybird  Offline

Yes. And more experiments today, all failures, inclduing BIOS checks and several reinstallation sof CM. Now even the Fighterstick does not get recognised correctly by Windows anymore, and is being taken for a mouse. But I finally got into CH forum, they are my last hope. If they know no advice, then I am screwed - completely.

#3227516 - 03/07/11 10:23 PM Re: W7 64 Bit: CH controllers lost, nothing goes [Re: Skybird]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
I'm sure Bob will be around shortly there at the CH Hangar. Stay tuned.

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

#3227533 - 03/07/11 10:39 PM Re: W7 64 Bit: CH controllers lost, nothing goes [Re: Skybird]  
Skybird Offline
Skybird  Offline

For the time beeing, the issue is hopefully solved. Since it may be of interest for others, I post a link to the thread, the answer to the mess with two important conclusions you will see in the very last posting of mine.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showt...5805#post45805

Uff-uff!

Edit:
I see links do not work here, so here is the last post quoted:

Ha, it seems we are on something! Point 3 made me taking more experiments:

Quote:
3. What are they plugged in to (motherboard, powered hub, unpowered hub, some other device)? If it's motherboard or hub, have you set the properties so Windows won't shut them down trying to save power?

First, I did not even know there is an option that can be switched to make Windows able to shut off power to individual USB ports. So when I earlier experimented with different ports (USB 2.0 and 3.0), I had not checked those options. For the 3.0 ports, that option is not available, they are like they are (and run USB sticks, my digital camera and external HDX happily, and fast).

Second, I attached the devices again to 2.0 ports, but this time chekcing said energy options. At first, rescanning again caused errors and CM shutting down, but in second attempt, the devices suddenly moved the grapohical schemes on the screen! I then loaded old command maps with unified and separate controls, both of which were accepted.

So for the time being, the issue is solved. I would not have had it figured out by myself, I did not know of that energy USB option. So I owe you one, really, I was desperate.

You please will not get it wrong when I say zhat I hope I do not show up again here.

Two closing remarks:
1. the devices and CM4.51 refuse to work with USB 3.0. Initially they get recognised by Windows, however.
2. Using the Rescan option always triggers error messages or ewnforced shut down of the GUI.

Last edited by Skybird; 03/07/11 10:43 PM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.