Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3199295 - 02/05/11 12:44 PM IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover  
petethehatch Offline
petethehatch  Offline

portsmouth.UK
hi all
i ordered this game on play.com ready for release IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover ,but got email saying play.com taken of there list.anyone know why.now cant find it anywhere to order it. nope

Last edited by petethehatch; 02/05/11 12:47 PM.

CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor
NVIDA Geforce GTX 970
16 GB memory
SSD Capacity 256 GB
windows 10 HD 64 bit
joystick Saitek X52 PRO
CYBORG X Kayboard
Trac ir 4
DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire
IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3199297 - 02/05/11 12:49 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover [Re: petethehatch]  
calmer133 Offline
calmer133  Offline

Lowestoft, UK

#3199301 - 02/05/11 12:53 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover [Re: calmer133]  
petethehatch Offline
petethehatch  Offline

portsmouth.UK
Originally Posted By: calmer133

thanks clamer but i wont the disk not download

CPU Intel Core i7-6700 processor
NVIDA Geforce GTX 970
16 GB memory
SSD Capacity 256 GB
windows 10 HD 64 bit
joystick Saitek X52 PRO
CYBORG X Kayboard
Trac ir 4
DCS world KA50/A-10c/P51/HUEY/spitfire
IL2 1946/IL-2 C.O.D/R.O.F/ARMA 3/silent hunter beta
#3199363 - 02/05/11 03:11 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover [Re: petethehatch]  
Ghost_swe Offline
Ghost_swe  Offline

sweden
Dont worry, u are not the only one looking. So far the collectors edition is only available for preorder in a few country's ( afaik, Germany, Finland, Sweden).

I imagine that will change closer to release.

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 02/05/11 03:13 PM.
#3199364 - 02/05/11 03:12 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover [Re: petethehatch]  
Hackl Offline
Hackl  Offline

Kelowna, BC,Canada
I think a ton of the stuff is answered here in one shot, very honestly to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Luthier, thanks for your reply, the answer is obvious, use a PC that is good enough.
If I had a high-end PC, the recommended specs we've released a while ago would have been the minimum specs.

I'm using a mid-range PC for a very specific reason.

You have to understand that my job is to make a good game. It is NOT to market and advertise it. We're a tiny developer working on a shoestring budget. If I have to stop working for a day each week to make videos, we will end up with a kick-ass marketing campaign for a crappy game. I'd rather have it the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Luthier, am I right concluding from the above that CoD (much like IL2) is mostly CPU bound, rather than videocard bound ? At least at "normal" resolutions (HD and below) and AA settings, IL2 doesnt care too much what videocard you have, you can increase resolution and AA and it barely makes a difference, even on my old 4870, but the CPU speed makes all the difference in the world, game performance scales almost linearly with CPU clockspeed.

Do you know how well the CoD engine makes use of 4 (or more?) cores, and whether or not that shifts the bottleneck towards the GPU again, or is even a Core i7 or whatever the main bottleneck?
You need a good video card to play over populated areas. We have huge textures so lots of video memory is important too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
What is the status on the dynamic campaign system? We know from the announcement on the Ubi forums that it won't make the original release.
There's bits and pieces. We made a decision about 18 months ago that we wouldn't be able to make it right, and we'd rather build good static campaigns instead. So it's been on a backburner for some time.

I'm the guy who wrote a bunch of giant 100-page design docs for the dynamic campaign, so it was a very hard decision for me personally.

There's probably at least a year of work left on it to make it great. We could have make something like an Il-2 level dynamic campaign in a few months, but I don't want to do that at all. I want it to be ground-breaking and worthy of the rest of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
Damn missed you Luthier, but maybe you see this question tomorrow. When the video was at an end you was telling them to cut recording, is this because you did not want us to see the parachute scene? Also i noticed the eject scene was missing that animation you showed us of a bailing sequence, has this also been removed for release
No, I actually thought that the video was crap and I wanted another take. And I ran out of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
In the video Luthier is using a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. As I've recently got one I'ld be interested to know how CoD handles the On-Off switches on the throttle.
Not good. We just got the Warthog this week, and I was very disappointed in how most of the buttons worked. I played around with the TM software and couldn't figure it out at all. The push-up-for-constant-input button that's also a push-down-for-no-input-at-all doesn't work with the game at all. We need to write a whole different chunk of code for that kind of input to be recognized properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Yes thanks for that, but can you not see where your answer is fundamentally flawed, in that we dont know how it runs on a high end system, we keep begging Luthier and Oleg to show us some video on a real high end PC, we want to wave the Cliffs Of Dover flag and say jeez look how good this game runs if you've got the the right kit, hundreds of people are waiting to buy or build new systems and spend thousands just to play this game, but for some reason the devs are holding back on showing us this game run on a top end gaming rig.
Jeez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
question: is there any hope to have the dynamic campaign element added in as a similar "as is" state, and allow the community to develop it further with some tools ?
It's nowhere near the state of the weather. There's nothing to play with. Most of the dynamic campaign exists in prototype stages split up into separate chunks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koyan View Post
I think the chute is still being worked on. At the end of the video when Ilya is about to open the chute, he suddenly realizes its not ready to show yet and makes this 'cut' gesture.
No, the parachute is OK. There's no collision with the plane yet which is why it's not as good as we want it to be, but otherwise the cut gesture and the bail out sequence are not connected in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/ZG52_Gaga View Post
however the complete absense of human representation in the game other than the aircrews is something that in my opinion, the artists of 1C should re-consider.
Yes, I'm of the same exact opinion. We messed this one up. It's completely my fault. Our lead ground 3D modeler hates my guts for it. We are working on it though. At the very least we'll try to dump something into all those vehicles for release.

It looks horrible and we all know it, believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirq View Post
I think it's a good time to tell what actualy is in the game, not what didn't make it into it. And I'm not thinking about release announcement (full of errors). Some screens looks great, others look mediocre. There is no single one video up to date captured on decent rig showing something more then 1-2 min of flying over water.

[...]

PS. I really don't understand how things showed in 2006 as a main features of the game woun't be available on the realease almost 5 years later...
I explained this in detail earlier in the thread. When we try to do something ground breaking, sometimes we end up failing to deliver.

I'll note again that everything we said we were going to do, we did. It's just we were not able to get it into a playable state quickly enough. It will take more time.

#3199531 - 02/05/11 07:15 PM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover [Re: petethehatch]  
SsSsSsSsSnake Offline
SsSsSsSsSnake  Offline

Leicester UK
Originally Posted By: petethehatch
Originally Posted By: calmer133

thanks clamer but i wont the disk not download

you can order from the UBI site for uk

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/buy/productID.221859200

or collectors edition here

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/...rs_Edition.html

Last edited by SsSsSsSsSnake; 02/05/11 07:18 PM.

ssssssssssssssssssssssssss
2600kI7.Corsair G60 liquid cooler.8gig corsair dominator,GTX580.64gig Crucial M4 ssd Win7 os.OCZ 120gig games SSD.Hazro 27" 2560x1440.
CH Fighter stick, CH pro throttle.CH rudder pedals.
#3199887 - 02/06/11 04:05 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover [Re: petethehatch]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Thanks for the links SsSsSsSsSnake but UBI just re-routes you to your home countries store. frown

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#3199963 - 02/06/11 08:20 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
SsSsSsSsSnake Offline
SsSsSsSsSnake  Offline

Leicester UK
sorry Wheels,the reply was for petethehatch as he was in the uk,

I hope you are able to order from somewhere easily.

Last edited by SsSsSsSsSnake; 02/06/11 08:24 AM.

ssssssssssssssssssssssssss
2600kI7.Corsair G60 liquid cooler.8gig corsair dominator,GTX580.64gig Crucial M4 ssd Win7 os.OCZ 120gig games SSD.Hazro 27" 2560x1440.
CH Fighter stick, CH pro throttle.CH rudder pedals.
#3199980 - 02/06/11 09:25 AM Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover [Re: petethehatch]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Also, download available from Amazon: Gamesplanet.com. £29.99

'Play on day of release! You'll receive your download links and activation code by email on the 23/3/11 at 23.00GMT'

Yes, they state 23rd, not 25th.

Also a few screenshots.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.